3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 1/27/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/251570-ip-daily-chat-friday-1-27-12-a.html)

wuv2bloved 01-27-2012 04:14 AM

IP Daily Chat Friday 1/27/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

purple sky 01-27-2012 05:03 AM

Good Morning, everyone. I am back to bed soon. I know some of you will be up soon.

I cracked up at my WI yesterday. The scale read 150.0. Yes, exactly 150. Nothing more. Nothing less. I have lost just over 10 lbs this month, so I am pretty pleased. Will see what month 2 holds.

I have also enjoyed a few more "skinny mornings" but mostly in the arm and upper body. Not a whole lot is happening in my hip and thigh areas and I suspect they may be stubborn for a while. When I was younger, I ALWAYS carried weight in my hips, rarely in my tummy and other areas but that of course changed. Wearing the same jeans but there is a little more give. I feel like I am down a shirt size but have not tested the waters yet.

Well, have a wonderful Friday with wonderful weigh in's, NSV's, and positive support even if you have to generate it yourself.

Sometimes we just have to have a sit down with ourselves because no one else can provide the answers we truly want. Others try. They mean well but they don't always cut it and with topsy turvy hormonal stuff going on, it's hard to say if we will even hear it correctly. "So, self....:hug:"

...nite.

idealpromom 01-27-2012 06:11 AM

morning everyone... happy friday. Lucky me, I get to work a 12.5 hour shift today ughhh
question.... for the first time in 14 weeks, I forgot to have a protein before bed - had a stomach ache and went to bed early. My stomach is growling this morning, wonder if that is why. Did I hurt anything by not having it?

idealpromom 01-27-2012 06:14 AM

Sometimes we just have to have a sit down with ourselves because no one else can provide the answers we truly want. Others try. They mean well but they don't always cut it and with topsy turvy hormonal stuff going on, it's hard to say if we will even hear it correctly. "So, self...."

that is wonderful and so true! we have to take care of every part of "us" thanks for this!

sandralosingweight 01-27-2012 06:38 AM

Feeling sick today and I am scared since I've read from many saying how hard it is to stay OP while sick, but I am determined there is nothing stopping me

uolecrab 01-27-2012 06:42 AM

Good Friday morning. I had a close one last night as I was somehow so hungry I was ready to grab something that we are not suppose to eat. I didn't have enough protein at dinner which was stupid to do so I grabbed some more protein and drank some water and PHEW made it thru that.
I do both the IP packets and alternate products but all I kept telling myself on how much money I've spent to obtain all these products and how I don't want this to be a failed diet again. It worked!!
So HAPPY FRIDAY to all and have a great weekend!!!

BACKDROPsilhouette 01-27-2012 06:55 AM

So I've been thinking and I want to start doing some cardio. Even though it might not allow for bigger losses, should I go for it? Of course I would have protein before going out and walking or running, but waiting until I'm done with IP to work on my running goals seems like a tough thing to do (at least for me- because when I want to do something I like to do it as soon as I physically can).

AussieonIP 01-27-2012 06:59 AM

Morning All,

Had a great first day, felt a little tired and a afternoon nap was needed, but 100% on play, feeling a little light headed this morning, but the chocolate shake and a shot of coffee had done the trick!

Happy OP IP Day!

Cheers/S....

Ducksmy 01-27-2012 07:06 AM

Happy Friday Everyone!
OP day # 5,First weigh in tomarrow 10 am. I am so excited! While this danged old cold has been whipping my butt, I have stayed OP. And that my friends is because of you guys! Love and peace being sent to each of you!
:grouphug:

starry1672 01-27-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4191074)
Feeling sick today and I am scared since I've read from many saying how hard it is to stay OP while sick, but I am determined there is nothing stopping me

I was lightheaded and nauseas on day 2-4. I woke up on day 5 feeling fantastic! You can do it, just know that it will pass in a few days and you will feel great :)

NavyMommy 01-27-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alaskastarr (Post 4190973)
Ok....read through ALL the pages *gasp* and it took FOREVER....so with that in mind I certainly understand what Wuv is saying ;) I'll keep in mind all of that. There was a lot going on today and I am learning sooo much. I have a question though and hope someone can help me :o I am going to try the magnesium citrate because the novi lax is not helping...should I still take the novi lax tonight?

I know this is from yesterday, but if those don't work for you try Miralax. It works wonders. I haven't had to take it yet this time, but for some reason I really needed it when I was on IP last fall. It just holds on to the water in your stomach and makes things easier. Bonus, no color / taste so you can mix it in whatever you want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by idealpromom (Post 4191054)
morning everyone... happy friday. Lucky me, I get to work a 12.5 hour shift today ughhh
question.... for the first time in 14 weeks, I forgot to have a protein before bed - had a stomach ache and went to bed early. My stomach is growling this morning, wonder if that is why. Did I hurt anything by not having it?

You didn't do any long term damage, but you shouldn't make a habit out of it. There have been a few times I've fallen asleep on the couch (and once when I ate bad sushi and didn't feel well) that I haven't gotten my evening protein in. If you make a habit out of it it will start to impact your progress.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4191074)

:( Feeling sick how? Stomach bug, cold, or just carb withdraws? When I had a cold I probably got all my water in the form of hot herbal tea which really helped with the sinuses. And for stomach bugs, hot peppermint tea or hot ginger tea (which you can make yourself from a ginger root), really help to alleviate the nausea. I've also read of some people making OP chicken soup. I hope you feel better!! :hug:

Lorilou 01-27-2012 08:17 AM

Good morning everyone! I have my WI today and am excited to see the results of my hard work. Good luck to everyone else who has WIs today. To those still struggeling, take it one meal at a time. You can do this, you are worth it and you will feel so much better about yourself for when you know you are doing what you need to do to become healthy again! I had a great NSV yeaterday. I tried on some shirts that would not come close to buttoning 4 weeks ago and now they actually button and are a little loose in some arease. This diet is truly a miracle!

Ducksmy 01-27-2012 08:28 AM

Sandralosingweight- you can do this! I have been sick all week and while it has been a struggle it can be done, rest, drink plenty of H2O and you got this!
Lorilou-I am SO happy for you! Way to go! Good luck with your WI, I can't wait till clothes feel big on me! You are such an inspiration!
Wuv- Thanks for all you do, I am so happy to have found you and this site!!!
:heart:

mamacitaof2 01-27-2012 08:33 AM

Good Morning everyone! I'm excited to say I've made it to my first mini goal! 10% of my starting weight!!! Reaching that first goal gives me a whole new high and even more determination to stay strong and OP!

Purple Sky - I am also heavier in my lower half and have seen very little progress in my hips and thighs. Even though I've lost 24lbs, I am still wearing the same pants. Yes, they are a little loose, but not quite enough to move down a size. My shirts on the other hand could get a little smaller. I feel like I'm wearing a tent this morning!

Hope everyone has a great OP day. I won't be on much today. Busy cleaning house (again) today. Going through closets this time. Yuck.

TatiN 01-27-2012 08:45 AM

Okay, time to restart again! It's so difficult to restart, I got really sick after starting again in Nov and then the holidays came, but I don't have time for excuses, this is going to be the last time I start from 0!