Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 244/231.2/135

Height: 5'5

Hello everyone have a fabulous OP weekend...keep on keepin'on!!!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

All I wanna say is--- man I love this diet!!! It's so wonderful to hear "wow you look great!!" in any variation. Especially after feeling like a frumpy new mom (at age 23). I have really gained back ALOT of confidence thanks IP!!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 209/209/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
I went from Edmonton to Florida last month and had no problem bringing some IP products in my carry on bag and the rest in my checked baggage. I did not bother with the pre-made drinks though.

I bought 3 bottles of mio at walmart in Florida and bought 2 bottles of the becel spray on butter - unfortunately I forgot the butter in my cousin's fridge
Guess that's another excuse to go back!
Thank you so much for the feedback! Seemed like a silly thing to worry about but it would really suck if it was taken away from me at customs.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone week two almost down!! woohoo.

I didn't mean anyone personally, I didn't even remember who was saying what yesterday. I just remembering feeling like "oh no, am I posting in the wrong daily chat?" haha. So, no offense to anyone, I guess i got confused for a little bit!

Please, I enjoy this board too much to not lurk everyday or post!

BTW Now i am only on week two, but I went into work today and about three people at three different times during the day said, "WOW YOU LOOK FABULOUS, You can tell your losing weight ALREADY." Those are the reactions i am getting in WEEK TWO! i thought, my gosh HOW BIG WAS I?!? LOL. I also though "He** yeahhhhhhhh" and more motivated than ever.

My friends mom said to me last night, "Daniella there is a glow about you, you look wonderful." She also said, "i see it in you this time, I see that this is when your gonna LOSE IT ALL" She herself lost about 100 pounds about 7 or 8 years ago and kept it off. She said, "when someone tells me they are on a diet, I can always tell when their motivated enough to do it. She said, I see it in you this time, this is gonna be your time.

It felt so good to hear that. Her and my friend are so motivating. I love friends like that. It was great motivation and insightful.

I love this diet, I am excited to wake up in the mornings to have an energy filled day. I spend my nights looking up different recipes for ways to cook vegetables, chicken and meats. I started getting creative. It makes me wake up earlier to get my lunch together. It has helped me do more than just get healthy it has changed my lifestyle and habits. I feel overwhelmed today with excitement and joy in my life knowing and believing that I CAN DO THIS!! Thank you to everyone who continues to be supportive!! Your all so amazing!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #110  

Height: 5' 2 1/2"

Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know that today was my first weigh in and I am very proud to say that after staying truthfully on this programme faithfully 150% I lost.......6 lbs.....and......19" !!!! I didn't even want to believe it. Well the lbs I kind of figured because I weighed myself at home but the inches??? I kept saying it's impossible, something is wrong. LOL She said NO look at you, you are not bloated anymore. Like holy cow I lost everywhere!! I am ready to go buy at least 30 or 40 zucchini for the week. LOL I'm in love with them all of a sudden. hahahaha Thanks to all of you because honestly there were times this first week I so wanted that piece of bread but coming here helped me to that bowl of jello instead. LOL Thanks guys I appreciate you more than you know. God Bless.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #111  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

What a great thread! I'll be sure to check it out everyday
I find myself even more motivated seeing that I am not alone in this. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences here!
Have a great weekend and stay on track!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #112  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Height: 5'3"

I'm too far away...I never get on here until late I just wanted to post that we had our WI#1 and I'm down 8 pounds!!! I'm sooo excited!!! and my hubby was down 10 pounds!!! It's so good to have him see success (and me too) because it means he will stick with it and that will help me continue on this journey to my goal
Old 01-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I find the same thing with being in such a late time zone. You are not so far away from here!

Congrats on such a fantastic start to the program.

Pat
Old 01-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #114  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskastarr View Post
I'm too far away...I never get on here until late I just wanted to post that we had our WI#1 and I'm down 8 pounds!!! I'm sooo excited!!! and my hubby was down 10 pounds!!! It's so good to have him see success (and me too) because it means he will stick with it and that will help me continue on this journey to my goal
YAHOO! Congratulations! Smiling and so happy for you!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #115  
Started IP 9/12/2011

S/C/G: 288/184/150

German Coleslaw

I see at least one person asked for the recipe, so here it is. I got it many years ago from my great Aunt. The original calls for sugar, but I substituted Splenda and it was great. It reminds me of my favorite Chinese Chicken Salad with ramen noodles that I used to make prior to IP.

8 cups cabbage (shredded or chopped)
1/3 cup chopped or sliced onion or I prefer to use green onion

Dressing

3 TBSP Splenda dissolve/mix with 3 TBSP hot water
3 TBSP apple cider vinegar (I prefer a bit more)
1/4 c. Olive Oil (I use a little less)
1/2 tsp (or less) sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Mix the dressing together and pour over the cabbage. Mix well. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before eating. Yummy!

Last edited by grassfedbeef; 01-13-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #116  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Just a question, how come the regular Mrs dash is ok if it contains carrot, orange peel, tomato...i know its not carrot sugar but the rest is ok? Just want to make sure i don't use more things that i shouldn't.
Honey with your success rate I wouldn't be worried! Smile. I also use dehydrated onion flakes in my cooking with no problem. I'm guessing the same is true of the regular Mrs. Dash... but put the word "sugar" in there, and I'm not going near it! I hope that is correct.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #117  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

S/C/G: 267.2/210.2/140

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
All this Phase 3 talk makes me want to be there! But that is a long way off. I'm gonna try the raspberry jelly and chili today. We have wind chill values of -10, so chili is gonna be great. If only I could add cheese and crackers.
I feel the same way! I definitely like crackers with my soups. I'm making do without them but it sure would be nice. Funny the little things you miss. I know I took crackers and cheese and toast for granted. I'm hoping the more I lose though the less I'll miss them...
Old 01-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #118  
Started IP 9/12/2011

S/C/G: 288/184/150

I see some talk about ketostix. Where do you get them? Thanks.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #119  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
Hey abuck -- that was me who was commenting on TOM. I like your theory. It makes alot of sense glad you said something.

So I have a pretty nice NSV. I don't want my fiancé to sound like a jerk, but he and I are brutally honest about everything and people think he's a little rough on me sometimes. I know he loves me, but he's always made small comments about my weight--- or would advise me strongly against eating junk-- outsiders would say it was rude and mean... I always knew his intentions were good. Anyway, I asked him about two weeks ago if he could tell I lost weight--by looking at me (because I started to notice). He politely replied with " well it's kind of hard to tell because i see you everyday" which I know means --no. Well yesterday, I was doing my hair and he said-- "we really need to get you some smaller clothes. I can see a difference now, I'm so proud of you babe." honestly, that comment made all my work worth it. I've also noticed that he's been way more affectionate. Sheesh, if this is how it is in the 150s I'm nervous to see how it is when I hit the 120s. . Lol sorry for being so long winded.

Congrats to everyone on their successes !!
Awww that's a great compliment The thing I noticed when I was a bit bigger was that I hadn't realized was I had kind of a hands off aura I guess you could say...my husband felt it, but I didn't know I was giving off those types of vibes...kept him away, do you know what I mean? As I lost weight he became more affectionate because I think I became more approachable with myself (this is of course myself...I can't say how you were because I haven't been around you )

Congrats for the NSV though I think it's wonderful!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #120  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

I had my first WI today and was down 4 lbs and 8 inches. I'm pretty satisfied with my first weeks results. I have been very fortunate that I have only had a couple minor head aches. My first day of week two starts tomorrow. I will keep you posted on my progress.
Closed Thread