Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 219/212/130

Height: 5'4"

Is it normal to have a headache on te first day? I thought i had a few more days till this
Old 01-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Default IP Progress Photos

Okay....here it goes, here are my photos from July through New Years...
Ideal Protein Progress Pictures.jpg
Old 01-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #78  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
It's not even Monday yet and I think I've already started losing inches, at least 1.5 inches. That's crazy! Anyway, I went shopping at Wegmans with my aunt today and it was sooo difficult not giving in to all the delicious foods they had. It smelled like pizza and there was cheese EVERYWHERE. I ended up having one of their 6 dollar meals for my breakfast (veggies and some grilled chicken). We're making waffles for dinner and I'm not sure what is going to be for my "lunch", especially since we were out shopping for hours.

Overall, I am determined to stick to this plan as closely as possible. In about seven months this will be over and done with. x3
If you're stuck for protein, keep a supply of canned light tuna in water on hand. Check out the best you've got available and check out World Health's (WH) evaluation of the value of tuna.

I really sympathize with you about the cheese. Good grocery store here have CASES of it as well as long deli speciality counters. And things that, in another life, I would have loved to have been able to get. Today raclette, at about $3 a pound, to make fondue. Sigh.

Last edited by Linden; 01-13-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I found this online today...

"Researchers from Sheffield University in England found that sticking with something for five weeks is more likely to turn it into a habit, a lifestyle change." "During the 5-week period, there seems to be a shift from initial voluntary control to repeated habitual behavior," says Christopher J. Armitage, Ph.D., the lead author. "

This is why you don't cheat. The longer you can stick with something, in this case IP, the easier it gets over time. I've been on IP now for just about 4 months and I've never cheated for a variety of reasons, and staying on plan seems to get easier as time goes bye. Not that I wouldn't LOVE pizza again, but I find the longer I'm OP the more natural it becomes.

Hang in there everyone - one pound at a time.
Taco Pizza from 2Riderrollercoast
Crust - mix one IP Crepe packet with 1/4 tsp baking soda and add water to a thick dough. Bake for 10 mins at 350F. Flip over and cover with WF thick and spicy BBQ sauce. Then add filling
Filling
brown hamburger(chicken or turkey works good too)
add 1/4 cup of celery chopped and 1/4 cup onions to browned meat
add 2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp chipotle spice, 1 tsp onion powder, sea salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/4 cup water and simmer until water is gone.
Put filling on top of dough, add sliced mushrooms, chopped cilantro, diced red peppers.
Put in oven for 10 minutes at 350f then put under broiler approx 5 min.

~This way you can still have pizza Can't wait to try this.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #80  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
Attachment 41286
Tiny pictures; tiny you. Smoking!
Old 01-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
Attachment 41286
You look fantastic leganegan!
Old 01-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #82  
Giniwarrior

S/C/G: 238/178/155

Well, finally had to buy new pants mine were literally falling off. I just went and bought some kmart jeans so not much money. I wanted to wait till I hit goal to buy pants but cant be dropping my pants in the grocery store Tried the waffles yesterday with just a sprinkle of cinnamon and spenda and yuuummmyyy.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Default Starting today

Well today is my first day and I am glad that I am doing this. A little worried as I have failed at diets before. I would like to loose 120 pounds total so I have a long way to go. I will be talking to you all, wish me luck!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #84  
Started IP Jan 2, 2011

S/C/G: 239/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Well today is my first day and I am glad that I am doing this. A little worried as I have failed at diets before. I would like to loose 120 pounds total so I have a long way to go. I will be talking to you all, wish me luck!
I just started 2 wks ago. Great program, very easy to stick to. I wish you luck. Lots of info on here!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #85  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giniwarrior View Post
Well, finally had to buy new pants mine were literally falling off. I just went and bought some kmart jeans so not much money. I wanted to wait till I hit goal to buy pants but cant be dropping my pants in the grocery store Tried the waffles yesterday with just a sprinkle of cinnamon and spenda and yuuummmyyy.
Which pudding mix did you use?
Old 01-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 214/187.4/150

I am on day 2 and actually feel pretty good, better than I thought I would feel. I haven't had any headaches or nausea, just a bit light headed.

I had the omelet for lunch today and is was pretty good, for sure something I could eat once or twice a week. Tonight I think I will make a meatloaf and have rutabaga as my veggies. I have gone through some of the recipes and need to start some meal planning instead of winging it, maybe this weekend I will get time to organize.

Congrats to all the have had losses this week!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 186/180/140

Height: 5'7"

On week 6 and I've lost 16 lbs! I've cheated a few times lately, but i got a great pep talk from my coach explaining how that will mess me up in the long run. So I'm back OP and excited to see how fast I can lose the next 16.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #88  
Peggy

S/C/G: 191/ticker/135

Congratulations on all of the wonderful weigh in's. Mrs. Murphy don't leave, personally I could care less whether someone is using the IP or Alternatives. I'm in a cash crunch this month and may buy alternatives to get me through the next month. Getting married in Dec., 18 years ago, wasn't my brightest decision as it seems as though insurance, Christmas, Anniversary and Birthday's all fall in the months of Dec. and Jan. I'm so ready for Feb. I honestly feel that I've made it this far into IP simply because I could come to this board and read about other peoples successes and when I have a bad day it is always nice to know that other people are experiencing the same thing I am. I've only dieted one other time in my life and I'm currently within 10 pounds of hitting my plateau. I was stick thin before I got married and would love to at least be only 20 lbs heavier. I don't think I ever want to be 115 lbs again. I was just to skinny for my frame size. I actucally prefer being around 125-130 but haven't been that size since my second child was born 15 year's ago.
Now on to my weigh in. I lost 1.6 lbs this week. My lowest weight to date. I did loose 5 inches so I'm not stressing over it. I'm hoping I'll have a bigger lose next week. However, I was really comfortable at 150 for many years so I fully expect for it to take a little while to get out of this decade. My main goal is to be in maintenance before my youngest daughter's birthday in late April.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
Almost through with week two Going great... After all the back and forth talk about the ip versus alternatives yesterday it made me a little weary of talking about how well I feel i am doing on the alternatives. I mean it's only week two but, I'm taking ample supplements and follow the diet to a T with alternative products. I'm never hungry, I have massive energy, I just overall feel great.

I mean in reality there are people who go on salad diets all the time or people who just generally eat just veggies and chicken, without taking supplements or following through the guidance of a coach. I think i diet is a diet and it's all about eating healthy if we are eating healthy we are ultimately all trying to be healthier individuals. Anyways, the talk about ip versus alternatives made me feel like I shouldn't post my success thusfar. BUT I wanted to put forth my two cents!!!HOWEVER, i hope that everyone continues their success and weight loss. We ALL want to be HEALTHY!
This is a public site where everyone is welcome and entitled to their opinion and they have the freedom to do whatever works for them! There are several people on the boards doing alternatives and so be it. I am not judging you because you are using alternatives just like you aren't judging me for using straight IP. This is supposed to be a place where we can all come together and support one another through their journey. So I support you and I happy that you have decided to change your life for you! I enjoy seeing you on the daily chats every day and hope to continue to see you and your continued success.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #90  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by galpal445 View Post
I see that you use Crystal Light. What flavors do you use? I couldn't find any flavors that didn't have aspertame in them and would really like to be able to find a flavor that didn't have it.
thanks!
Well this is embarrassing... I don't drink Crystal Light because it makes my uhm uh uhm wee wee hurt. EEK I said it TMI SORRY! But I have read that a number of coaches say their IPers can have 1-2 servings daily. So many coaches and so many different rules pervade this site and we all decided a long time ago that each of us needs to listen to our own coach. The Mio makes me gain weight which is crazy but true... so I don't drink IT anymore either.
Closed Thread