Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #91  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

going in search of the turnip/rutabaga chip recipe. Good Luck to everyone on the weekend
Old 01-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #92  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Thanx everyone
Old 01-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #93  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak21629 View Post
Is it normal to have a headache on te first day? I thought i had a few more days till this
I remember getting a major headache the first night. Anything goes the first 3 to 4 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Well today is my first day and I am glad that I am doing this. A little worried as I have failed at diets before. I would like to loose 120 pounds total so I have a long way to go. I will be talking to you all, wish me luck!
Welcome. I want to loose about 130 and I've lost over 50 since mid Sept., so the time does go by pretty fast. This has been my most successful diet to date, and I've tried just about all of them. Good luck!
Old 01-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1 View Post
So I have a question regarding travelling while on the IP program. I am going on vacation in March, travelling from Canada to the United States. I'm wondering if anyone knows of travel restrictions when it comes to the IP product. I just don't want to get to customs and have my stuff taken away or open my suitcase and find it gone.
I went from Edmonton to Florida last month and had no problem bringing some IP products in my carry on bag and the rest in my checked baggage. I did not bother with the pre-made drinks though.

I bought 3 bottles of mio at walmart in Florida and bought 2 bottles of the becel spray on butter - unfortunately I forgot the butter in my cousin's fridge
Guess that's another excuse to go back!
Old 01-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 185/143/140

Height: 5'6"

Good Afternoon Everyone,
Thanks for another day of inspiring words, receipes to try! Congratz too all who had WI success

Going to go shopping for some new veggies tonight .. kind of tired of brocolli and cauliflower! LOL time to try some turnip fries I think

Brandie
Old 01-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #96  

Hi All, Just wanted to let you know I contacted Adiago Teas where I buy fruit flavored teas which taste when you add a little stevia like having a dessert. I love them but I was concerned about any sugar content and this is what they wrote:

Thank you for your message. There is no added sugars in our tea flavors. The calories are minimal from any fruit pieces included because they are not consumed (perhaps 1 calorie per cup, if that).

Please visit us again soon, and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
They have really yummy teas.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #97  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

You guys, i'm pretty sure i've accidentally sabotaged myself I was SO sure I checked my gum to make sure it was sugar free AND had no aspartame in it........... IT DOES. So i'm basically screwed right? I still haven't went off plan since I found out, but I'm so so sad and mad at myself.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #98  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
You guys, i'm pretty sure i've accidentally sabotaged myself I was SO sure I checked my gum to make sure it was sugar free AND had no aspartame in it........... IT DOES. So i'm basically screwed right? I still haven't went off plan since I found out, but I'm so so sad and mad at myself.
Miranda, its ONE piece of gum....stop freaking out. Yall are making this soooooooo much more complicated than what it is!!...lol
Old 01-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #99  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Miranda, its ONE piece of gum....stop freaking out. Yall are making this soooooooo much more complicated than what it is!!...lol
No, i've had multiple over the week. I thought THAT was the problem lol. I didn't think we could have any of aspartame, but some of other things. :/ I wasn't trying to over react, I just really don't wanna have to start all over lol.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #100  
Gotta keep trying!

I bought some ketostix earlier and I just took one and it said I was on the higher end of the spectrum. Is that good or bad?
Old 01-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #101  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Soy packet, for somebody who asked.... Make the patty as directed, you can add some WF dressing to it to hold it together, season it up with IP acceptable taco seasoning spices, brown it like ground meat. Serve it up taco salad style with your favorite vegetables added in. I thought the patty had a black bean type flavor, which is acceptable in taco salad, but not much else I found.

I never drank Crystal Light or Mio, but my original paperwork said lemon crystal light was ok to have. I'm addicted to coffee, had to adjust to drinking it with just splenda, but never could tolerate the artificial taste of crystal light or Mio.

My advice to everyone is to just calm down, take a deep breath, relax, and let this diet do its magic. If you ate something that wasn't OP and it was accidental, Oh well! Stop eating it and move on. No sense in dwelling on it.

"Stay OP my friends", said in the most interesting man in the world voice. "I don't always diet, but when I do, I prefer Ideal Protein."
Old 01-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #102  
IP start Jan 3, 2012

S/C/G: 236/224.0/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
I bought some ketostix earlier and I just took one and it said I was on the higher end of the spectrum. Is that good or bad?
It is good. At first it will read the darker colors but will fade to the trace to light later. When I first tested mine I kinda freaked out b/c on day #4 it showed the darkest color and I had heard here that it meant that I was more than likely dehydrated. Then I realized that I had been drinking about 3 1/2 L of water per day and just was happy it was showing It should be easier from now on out!

For some reason I have been craving things yesterday and today. Someday not so far away, right?
Old 01-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #103  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Question

Hello! I know this question has been asked, and answered, a million times but what laxatives are we allowed to take? I did search through the site and didn't get a good answer so I am reaching out to the group. Thanks
Old 01-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #104  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuck View Post
It is good. At first it will read the darker colors but will fade to the trace to light later. When I first tested mine I kinda freaked out b/c on day #4 it showed the darkest color and I had heard here that it meant that I was more than likely dehydrated. Then I realized that I had been drinking about 3 1/2 L of water per day and just was happy it was showing It should be easier from now on out!

For some reason I have been craving things yesterday and today. Someday not so far away, right?
Okay! Thank goodness. I was reading that I was "possibly" dehydrated and I was like "AFTER 4 LITERS OF WATER? REALLY?!" LOL. So that's good to know SOOO happy to be in it! Let the burning begin! muahahah.

I'm still hungry lol. Must just be a me thing haha.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 278/268/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Day 1

I just started IP and today is my first day. My coworkers have been doing it for awhile. I'm really excited. I'm just worried about how I'm going to feel over the next few days. Since I heard it can make you feel like you are coming down with flu.

This is a journey that I'm finally ready to finish! Losing the weight and learning to eat healthier at the end of the journey.

Closed Thread