Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 02:12 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011
Thread Starter
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,110

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Talking IP Daily Chat Thursday 12/1/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!



Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.


Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
wuv2bloved is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 06:55 AM   #2  
Senior Member
 
stolaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 325

Height: 5'7'

Default

Good morning, all! I posted on another thread but I thought I'd post here too.

I started IP on July 15th and have lost more weight than I ever thought I could in 4 months. The first week was tough with headaches and total confusion over how to follow the program and how to navigate on this website. By the end of the second week everything fell into place.

I moved to Ph 2 in Sept only because I needed a change from all those packets and then stayed in Ph 2 - losing slower, but still losing - until last Sunday. This program was been amazing. I just got all my bloodwork back from my doctor and I am so much healthier than I was last year.

For those of you newer to the program - stick with it! Don't cheat! This program works if you believe in it, follow it and DON'T CHEAT.
stolaf is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 06:55 AM   #3  
twotots
 
carolirish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 72

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

Default

Hello All. Two NSVs I'm delighted about. Today I am wearing a pair of jeans I haven't fit into in 2 years. And, I had to make a new hole in my belt to hold them up. FAB! Good luck everyone.
carolirish is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #4  
Senior Member
 
JoLoMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 172

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Default

Awesome victories Carolirish and Stolaf!!!

I tried the Torani SF Cinnamon Vanilla syrup in my coffee this morning - it's like having cinnamon buttons in my coffee - pure joy!

Have a great day all! I'm off to get ready for work today.
JoLoMN is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #5  
Senior Member
 
rainbowmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 259

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Good morning, all! I posted on another thread but I thought I'd post here too.

I started IP on July 15th and have lost more weight than I ever thought I could in 4 months. The first week was tough with headaches and total confusion over how to follow the program and how to navigate on this website. By the end of the second week everything fell into place.

I moved to Ph 2 in Sept only because I needed a change from all those packets and then stayed in Ph 2 - losing slower, but still losing - until last Sunday. This program was been amazing. I just got all my bloodwork back from my doctor and I am so much healthier than I was last year.

For those of you newer to the program - stick with it! Don't cheat! This program works if you believe in it, follow it and DON'T CHEAT.
I second this! It is a challenging program, but I have more energy and feel better than I have in quite a long time. So worth it.
rainbowmom is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #6  
Senior Member
 
rainbowmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 259

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLoMN View Post
Awesome victories Carolirish and Stolaf!!!

I tried the Torani SF Cinnamon Vanilla syrup in my coffee this morning - it's like having cinnamon buttons in my coffee - pure joy!

Have a great day all! I'm off to get ready for work today.
Way to go -- and I'm going to look for that syrup. Sounds amazing.
rainbowmom is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #7  
Senior Member
 
rainbowmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 259

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Good morning all! Back from our time away (can't call the last miserable part "vacation") and so happy to be back in my routine.

The good news is that I lost 5 lbs in the two weeks I was away. That brings me to a total of 51 lbs lost since I started my journey in July. My mother thinks my goal of losing 36 more lbs will make me too thin, but I'm still going for it.

NSV moment -- after our really long cross country flight, wearing a heavy backpack on my back, I was able to chase (literally run) after my 3-year-old in the airport. It felt so good. I was not winded at all. It's moments like that that keep me on this plan.

Have a great day!
rainbowmom is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #8  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011
 
Junetwin11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 156

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Default

Wow Dec 1 already. Great advice-DON'T CHEAT-You're only cheating YOURSELF from weight loss and a new figure. My scale said 157 this morning. Haven't seen that for years. I'm just happy happy happy
Have a wonderful day people
Junetwin11 is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #9  
twotots
 
carolirish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 72

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

Default

Way to go Junetwin!! Fantastic!

@Rainbowmom I'm heading home to Ireland for Christmas break and am hoping to maintain my weight. I have to wear a swimsuit the first week in January, a holiday with my husbands family, and run around after 2yr old twins in said swimsuit. Yeuch! Anyway WELLDONE YOU for losing weight while being away. Fab!
carolirish is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #10  
Senior Member
 
rainbowmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 259

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolirish View Post
Way to go Junetwin!! Fantastic!

@Rainbowmom I'm heading home to Ireland for Christmas break and am hoping to maintain my weight. I have to wear a swimsuit the first week in January, a holiday with my husbands family, and run around after 2yr old twins in said swimsuit. Yeuch! Anyway WELLDONE YOU for losing weight while being away. Fab!
You can do it! My MIL tried to sabotage me, but I stayed on plan (actually, close to starving some days). By the way, just noticed that you and I have the same starting weight and are just about the same height.
rainbowmom is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #11  
Senior Member
 
MustangMolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 632

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLoMN View Post
Awesome victories Carolirish and Stolaf!!!

I tried the Torani SF Cinnamon Vanilla syrup in my coffee this morning - it's like having cinnamon buttons in my coffee - pure joy!

Have a great day all! I'm off to get ready for work today.
oooh I have to get some of that. I used to use cinnamon vanilla coffee creamer now I use cinamon and Torani SF Vanilla, I didn't know they had the cin/van combo!
MustangMolly is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #12  
Restarting IP 100%
 
sandralosingweight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 800

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Default

Good morning everyone,

Great to hear about all these NSV

So, today is my weigh-in, the first one after I took a short break from the program (thinking I was pregnant).

Unfortunately, I did not lose all the weight I gained during my break, but I sure lost some and this is the most important. I wish I have lost all that I gained, but it will happen slowly but surely by next week.

My dear husband challenged me to be in Onederland by Christmas, and now I am really scared not to win this challenge by then ... It is doable, but I hope my body will cooperate and won't be stuck at 205!

Good luck everyone.
sandralosingweight is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #13  
Started IP April 27, 2011
Thread Starter
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,110

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default

Great NVS this morning Congrats to all!!!. Sandra, stick to the program and you know it will come off. You have 24 days to lose 6lbs...THIS is attainable!! Believe in YOURSELF!!!!

Good morning everyone, been up since 5am with work....Gotta love when you get a text at 5am telling you that your day will be **** with delays!!...grrr...Oh well such is life...what can you do but deal with it and move on.....lol....Everyone stay focused and have a 100% OP day!!!
wuv2bloved is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #14  
Restarting IP 100%
 
sandralosingweight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 800

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Great NVS this morning Congrats to all!!!. Sandra, stick to the program and you know it will come off. You have 24 days to lose 6lbs...THIS is attainable!! Believe in YOURSELF!!!!

Good morning everyone, been up since 5am with work....Gotta love when you get a text at 5am telling you that your day will be **** with delays!!...grrr...Oh well such is life...what can you do but deal with it and move on.....lol....Everyone stay focused and have a 100% OP day!!!
OH ! poor you hope your day will go better from now on and big thank you for the support.
sandralosingweight is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #15  
Started IP April 27, 2011
Thread Starter
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,110

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
OH ! poor you hope your day will go better from now on and big thank you for the support.
OH it is what it is....doesn't bother me, I don't have to leave the house and get out in the cold...lol....and of course you are always welcome!!
wuv2bloved is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Thursday 10/20/11 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 134 10-21-2011 01:27 AM
IP Daily Chat Thursday 10/6/11 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 110 10-07-2011 06:38 AM
IP Daily Chat Thursday 9/29/11 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 103 09-30-2011 09:42 AM
IP Daily Chat Thursday 9/1/11 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 127 09-02-2011 04:20 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.