Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 01:57 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 10/20/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 10-20-2011, 06:11 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7'

Good morning all. I have had a crazy week so i haven't had time to really be on the boards. I am hoping for a better loss this week then the last 2 weeks. I am also officially moving my goal weight down another 10 pounds - there...I said it...now I have to follow through with it.

Have a great OP day.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:24 AM   #3  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Last night someone ask me on the weds thread how to make muffins out of the chocolate pancake packet. Well, first let's say that "muffin" is an IP term-lol-not sure they general public would exactly call these muffins

I found the recipe on 3FC. It is one packet of chocolate pancake mix, 1/4 cup egg whites, pinch of sea salt, 1/4 tsp. baking powder and then enough water (doesn't take much) to make cake batter consistency. Like I said I also put in some SF hazelnut syrup. Pour into 2 pam sprayed custard cups. Bake individually in the microwave about 1.5 mins. It will get tall, but not bubbling over and spill.

Some people suggest using WF choc syrup as a glaze when they are hot, but I did not have any so mine are going to be plain cake.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:29 AM   #4  

Thursday! Yawn! Been staying up too late watching baseball this past week or so!

I was excited going to bed because I knew I get to have my crispy rice pancake this a.m. Weird right?! lol-but it is a nice change of pace over my usual breakfast choices. The hardest part about that recipe is crushing those hard little rice crispies! I crushed them last night and added the dry ingredients and put into a plastic container, and then separately measured out and made a container for the wet ingredients. Then I don't have to think so much this a.m. although the recipe is easy! I am looking forward to it after I finish my coffee in a few minutes.

It's a nasty cold windy day in our part of the States. Yuck! I hate having to get out in this but luckily for the first night this whole week I do not have anywhere I have to go so can snuggle in at home-and hopefully get some things accomplished.

Here's to a great IP day for everyone! Hang on-the weekend is almost here!

Last edited by boyz4us; 10-20-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:35 AM   #5  

Default Grocery Store List!

I am going to the grocery store on Saturday and I thought it would be fun to see what everyone puts on their grocery lists? What are some of your IP "must haves" or what are some things (maybe new) that you want to try?

So far I have the usual suspects: lettuce, cucumbers, celery, peppers, eggs, olive oil.

New things to try: turnip (for the fries), WF chocolate sauce, thin steak (for some of the recipes in the Finland thread).

Anyone else?
Old 10-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/lowest185/now200/160

Height: 5'6"

Disappointed ;( no loss in 5 weeks, still on program...Do I have to add snacks ??? I'm eating now 3 alternatives and one regular with veggies !!!

Last edited by bulleriina; 10-20-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #7  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
Thursday! Yawn! Been staying up too late watching baseball this past week or so!

I was excited going to bed because I knew I get to have my crispy rice pancake this a.m. Weird right?! lol-but it is a nice change of pace over my usual breakfast choices. The hardest part about that recipe is crushing those hard little rice crispies! I crushed them last night and added the dry ingredients and put into a plastic container, and then separately measured out and made a container for the wet ingredients. Then I don't have to think so much this a.m. although the recipe is easy! I am looking forward to it after I finish my coffee in a few minutes.

It's a nasty cold windy day in our part of the States. Yuck! I hate having to get out in this but luckily for the first night this whole week I do not have anywhere I have to go so can snuggle in at home-and hopefully get some things accomplished.

Here's to a great IP day for everyone! Hang on-the weekend is almost here!
Boyz: I just make the pancakes without crushing the cereal. I have not had a problem. I just beat the egg whites with 1/4 t baking powder and 1/4 t vanilla, add the packet and then add water to make it a pancake like consistency.
I love them..I eat them frequently and with have withdrawals when I go to the next phase.
I like the pudding cakes also. I like them also because they are good for travel and late meetings.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:41 AM   #8  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Good morning all. I have had a crazy week so i haven't had time to really be on the boards. I am hoping for a better loss this week then the last 2 weeks. I am also officially moving my goal weight down another 10 pounds - there...I said it...now I have to follow through with it.

Have a great OP day.
Stolaf: good luck on the last 10 pounds. I did the same thing..It ws hard to go from 2 pounds back to 12 to lose..but I got used to it. I am trying to get below my goal weight to get ready for Phase 3..It is not psychologically easy!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:43 AM   #9  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulleriina View Post
Disappointed ;( no loss in 5 weeks, still on program...Do I have to add snacks ??? I'm eating now 3 alternatives and one regular with veggies !!!
I am sorry about the no loss. Maybe if your post what you are eating here, someone can give you ideas. It is frustrating to stay on and not lose!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:51 AM   #10  

I'm not giving up ...NO!!!! B 3 egg whites, 1 cup spinach
L 5 oz chicken breast, romaine, turnips+cauliflower mashed 2 cup
D soup Mushroom or chicken + 1 cup mashdes turnips and cauliflowe
Snack either Pure protein bar or puddind

MURRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and water, water and water and 2 tsp olive oil if I remember

Last edited by bulleriina; 10-20-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:54 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
I am sorry about the no loss. Maybe if your post what you are eating here, someone can give you ideas. It is frustrating to stay on and not lose!
Could you please send private message about your regular day since your starting stats are so similar with me and I hope the end could be same as yours too
Old 10-20-2011, 08:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulleriina View Post
I think some peoples weight just hangs on more. It seems that you are eating correctly. I have the same problem and hold on, I don't see that I will lose anything this week, even though earlier in the week I was down, this morning I was the same as last week and tomorrow is weigh-in. But if I don't lose any this week, it will come off eventually. Keep up the hard work!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #13  
Started IP 10/13/11

S/C/G: 280/170/210

Height: 5' 10

good morning,

love this blog. on day nine lost 15 pounds. Have question for experts - I find lemon juice with stevia to be my favorite drink to replace my diet coke . I really to not like the taste of splenda is stevia as good for diet?
Old 10-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning!!!!
Its been a while since I've been able to get on because I've been having SEVERAL issues at work! My office flooded in the beginning of September when Hurricane Lee passed by and I've been misplaced since! The landlord wouldnt do anything about it, till the walls grew mold....so now thats in process!!

Anyway, last night was a HUGE excitement for me as I hit BELOW 200lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited, I almost cried!!!!!! I cant even remember seeing a 1!!!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

Hard to believe I just did weigh in #17. I remember being a newbie and longing for the weeks to fly and boy have they ever! I am down another 1.6 for the week so I have lost 46 now. Also, last week when I lost 4 pounds I didn't lose any inches. This week I lost 1.6 pounds and 2.5 inches. Crazy!

The longer I'm on and the closer Nov 24th gets, the more I think I won't make it to goal. I kinda wish I didn't have a vacation coming up because I really want to get to goal before moving to 2 but I also want to phase off properly so I don't gain it all back just because of a little vacation. I guess I could always come back to phase 1 to get rid of what I don't before I go but I'd really rather not have to go through phasing off once again. I want this to be it! So, I will and do my best and hopefully I won't have to worry about it!

Oh, and I got another little 5 pound guy and I decided to switch them up. Love the monkeys!

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 10-20-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Closed Thread