Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

WI #3 today and I lost 1.5 pounds. Please note that I did not use the "O" word as I can hear Wuv reminding us that any loss is good and the scale is not the measure of success. I did lose inches on my waist and bust so the loss is better than the scale shows. Gee, I just about talked myself out of feeling bad. ha ha ha I did add 3 full 30 minute Curves workouts last week so I'm sure to have added a bit of muscle which we have all learned weighs more than fat. Good luck to everyone on their WI's this wekk.

Last edited by MustangMolly; 11-14-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #32  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning everyone! Today is my 59th birthday and I saw 152.6 on the scale! Woohoo! What a birthday present, now if it will just stay down until I weigh in on Wed. I did Wuv's trick and drank tea all afternoon.

We are probably going to my mother in law's for thanksgiving, so I will make sure I bring what I need. Hopefully she has turkey and not ham!
Happy Birthday! Hope you have a fantastic day!
Old 11-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

congrats on the loss mustang
Old 11-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludolphin View Post
congrats on the loss mustang
Thanks Dolphin, and Happy Birthday to Sandy!
Old 11-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #35  
Time to take care of me!

S/C/G: 164/ See tracker :)

Height: 5'0"

Hello everyone!!! Tomorrow is my first WI...and I'm nervous!!!
I have been following my coaches' advise in the amounts of food and what to eat. My only problem is that, with going to school full-time AND working full-time I'm having trouble eating on time and getting my pills in on time. My coach emphasized that it is very important to follow my times. Anyone out there that can share a similar experience and still has positive results? (Meals late about 1-2 hours)
Old 11-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #36  
Start IP 11/15/11

S/C/G: 169.2/163.8/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm starting IP tomorrow too. I'm really looking forward to starting. Looking forward to using this forum for support.

Last edited by soccrmom12; 11-14-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchik2012 View Post
I have been following my coaches' advise in the amounts of food and what to eat. My only problem is that, with going to school full-time AND working full-time I'm having trouble eating on time and getting my pills in on time. My coach emphasized that it is very important to follow my times. Anyone out there that can share a similar experience and still has positive results? (Meals late about 1-2 hours)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccrmom12 View Post
I'm starting IP tomorrow too. I'm really looking forward to starting. Looking forward to using this forum for support.
Welcome to you both. This is such a great support system, I just completed my 3rd week and can tell you first hand the information I learned on this site made each of those 3 weeks easier. Be sure to check out the sticky threads for the recipes. Sorry Xchick, I can't answer your question, but I'm sure someone here will have some great words of wisdom for you.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #38  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly ann View Post
So many times I have had second thoughts about the cost of this diet plan. Well, I decided I am actually saving money! I no longer go out to eat and order anything and everything off the menu - I order only those items OP and in the amounts I can have. I no longer stop for $5.00 lattes in the morning. I no longer buy all the bread, crackers and cheese that I thought I needed. Junk food - we all know how expensive that is.
I sure do miss Starbucks and my lattes, but my wallet is very happy these days. So is my husband who calls it "fivebucks."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
WI #3 today and I lost 1.5 pounds. Please note that I did not use the "O" word as I can hear Wuv reminding us that any loss is good and the scale is not the measure of success. I did lose inches on my waist and bust so the loss is better than the scale shows. Gee, I just about talked myself out of feeling bad. ha ha ha I did add 3 full 30 minute Curves workouts last week so I'm sure to have added a bit of muscle which we have all learned weighs more than fat. Good luck to everyone on their WI's this wekk.
Congrats on the WL and most of all on the inches - that's awesome! I notice we share the same weight goal and height. Keep up the great work.

Quote:
I seem to have problems too with eating on time and yes my coach is a stickler for that too. However in spite of that I try my best and at almost 8 weeks I've lost about 34 pounds (although that's not official till I have WI tomorrow). So this program does work and all you can do is try your best. Good luck tomorrow!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #39  

Thanks, Dana, and good luck at your WI tomorrow. Seeing your WI numbers makes me feel a little better about the 1.5 this week ince you went from a 2 lb loss to a 4lb loss. Of course well all lose differently.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #40  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Talking Friends

Hello all, me again.

Just wanted to tell you I kind of had a NSV yesterday. One of my friend's moved in with me last week as she is between houses. I have been doing the cooking as she doesn't really like cooking. So that is working good, I cook and she does dishes... I hate dishes. So I have prepared OP foods like roasted vegetables and turnip fries, and yesterday I made fish and shrimp with a made up sauce that was a little spicy but I asked her see it isn't too hard to eat the veggies I have to is it? She actually said that she really liked the roasted veg and turnip fries and when she gets into her new house she may have to start cooking that. I am very proud of her, she is losing weight on her own as she thinks the IP diet is too strict and we all know it isn't for everyone... So I converted her, as I roast eggplant (we wouldn't eat it before) cauliflower, broccoli and celery (who would have thought to roast that? I just threw it in one day as I was short of veg) and she wants to eat more of it... thinking tonight might be a taco salad night but we will see, as my fridge is broken and won't be looked at until at least tomorrow...had soggy lettuce for lunch today...

NSV - one of our Judges at the dog trial, complimented me on how skinny I look. I told her it was weird being called skinny and she said ohhhh but you are. This coming from a healthy skinny person, sure makes you feel good and taht you did a good job...
Old 11-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning everyone! Today is my 59th birthday and I saw 152.6 on the scale! Woohoo! What a birthday present, now if it will just stay down until I weigh in on Wed. I did Wuv's trick and drank tea all afternoon.

We are probably going to my mother in law's for thanksgiving, so I will make sure I bring what I need. Hopefully she has turkey and not ham!
Happy Birthday, Sandy!! And good luck on T-giving!! I'm just going to be prepared and avoid temptations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly ann View Post
So many times I have had second thoughts about the cost of this diet plan. Well, I decided I am actually saving money! I no longer go out to eat and order anything and everything off the menu - I order only those items OP and in the amounts I can have. I no longer stop for $5.00 lattes in the morning. I no longer buy all the bread, crackers and cheese that I thought I needed. Junk food - we all know how expensive that is.

Have a good week everyone.

Happy Birthday Sandy. You look FABULOUS!!
I feel the same way, Shelly Ann!!! I do miss my Starbucks, too, but my wallet loves me right now!!

Congrats to everyone on their losses!! I had another NSV today (two within a week...LOL)! I'm in my 6th week of IP. One of the main reasons that I started this plan was due to health concerns. I had routine blood work done the week before I started and found out that my cholesterol was 246 total. My doctor wanted to put me on meds, but I asked if I could try to lower it with my diet and she agreed and gave me 6 weeks to try. I went this past Friday to have the follow-up done and I got a call this morning from the nurse who told me my good cholesterol was a little low but if I exercise it should go up. The best part is that my total was now 191!! I could have cried!! It has never been lower than 217 since I've been checking it!! This diet is simply awesome!!

Best of luck to all who WI today!!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtemplet View Post
Congrats to everyone on their losses!! I had another NSV today (two within a week...LOL)! I'm in my 6th week of IP. One of the main reasons that I started this plan was due to health concerns. I had routine blood work done the week before I started and found out that my cholesterol was 246 total. My doctor wanted to put me on meds, but I asked if I could try to lower it with my diet and she agreed and gave me 6 weeks to try. I went this past Friday to have the follow-up done and I got a call this morning from the nurse who told me my good cholesterol was a little low but if I exercise it should go up. The best part is that my total was now 191!! I could have cried!! It has never been lower than 217 since I've been checking it!! This diet is simply awesome!!

Best of luck to all who WI today!!
way to go
Old 11-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #43  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
My coach has never been a stickler about how often I eat etc. The most important thing she always says is to make sure that I don't skip a meal and that I eat everything I'm supposed to eat in that day. I've had a loss every single week of my 15 week progress so far. Some days I'm hungrier earlier, some days I have longer times between my meals. (This is just my opinion though)
Old 11-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
NSV - one of our Judges at the dog trial, complimented me on how skinny I look. I told her it was weird being called skinny and she said ohhhh but you are. This coming from a healthy skinny person, sure makes you feel good and taht you did a good job...
You DID do a good job Jo!! You're one of my IP heros!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #45  

Default Meal & Supplement Timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
My coach has never been a stickler about how often I eat etc. The most important thing she always says is to make sure that I don't skip a meal and that I eat everything I'm supposed to eat in that day. I've had a loss every single week of my 15 week progress so far. Some days I'm hungrier earlier, some days I have longer times between my meals. (This is just my opinion though)
Hi,
I have a question about how meal-timing impacts weight loss. What is the best way to maximize loss? One poster mentioned that having the last drink of the day right before bed-time has increased his loss. Others say not to consume anything after 8? My coach just says to make sure everything is 4 hours apart. Is this one of those "your mileage may vary" things? As a test, I have had my last packet and supplements of the day about an hour before I go to sleep for the last three days. I haven't noticed an increase in loss, but I do think it has made it a little harder to fall asleep.

So, any thoughts on this issue?

Last edited by OneGuyonIP; 11-14-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Closed Thread