Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2011, 01:08 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011
Thread Starter
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,110

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 10/24/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!



Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.


Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
wuv2bloved is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 06:40 AM   #2  
Senior Member
 
JoLoMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 172

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Default

Thanks for starting Monday chat Wuv!

Good Morning IPers! I'm up early just doing a few odds and ends. Had a busy weekend - lots of cleaning and decluttering. Feels great to have taken care of a few things. Feeling well rested but also a bit tired from cleaning walls, etc. I sure don't use those muscles every day at my desk. LOL

My hubby and kids are helping with farm work so I baked and baked on Saturday (here in MN it's a 5-day weekend from school) so there could be lots of munchies in the house. Wasn't tempted by their treats at all.

Had pickles this weekend due to a pinch on time - and totally regret it because I have a 2 lb gain from the water retention. Hoping the whoosh fairy takes that away and more before my WI on Wednesday!

Have a great day all! Remain Strong!
Jo
JoLoMN is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 07:24 AM   #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 176

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLoMN View Post
Thanks for starting Monday chat Wuv!

Good Morning IPers! I'm up early just doing a few odds and ends. Had a busy weekend - lots of cleaning and decluttering. Feels great to have taken care of a few things. Feeling well rested but also a bit tired from cleaning walls, etc. I sure don't use those muscles every day at my desk. LOL

My hubby and kids are helping with farm work so I baked and baked on Saturday (here in MN it's a 5-day weekend from school) so there could be lots of munchies in the house. Wasn't tempted by their treats at all.

Had pickles this weekend due to a pinch on time - and totally regret it because I have a 2 lb gain from the water retention. Hoping the whoosh fairy takes that away and more before my WI on Wednesday!

Have a great day all! Remain Strong!
Jo
Pickles do the very same to me! I love dill pickles and was excited I could have them to spice up my salad, etc on Phase I but I found if I eat more than 1 or 2 spears or even eat that much back to back days (once twice daily) I paid for it in the water retention. My body is super sensitive to retaining fluid anyway, so find that I still have to be very careful even though I am drinking 100+ oz. of water daily. I love the Big Mac in the Bowl but since it uses the dill pickles, I usually have it the night of my weigh-in so I have the whole week to get rid of the fluid retention. Great job on the baking and not being tempted. WTG!
boyz4us is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 07:32 AM   #4  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 176

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Default

Good Morning!

I don't think I made it here all weekend! Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well! We had a super busy weekend-lots of activities, plus numerous additional kids in and out, staying the night, snacking, etc. I am so happy that I stayed 100% on plan. yesterday I made beef and noodles for lunch after church-they smelled delicious. It is hard for me to cook without taste-tasting to see if they are properly seasoned-but my Dh and son helped me out and everyone deemed them delicious. We also had a weenie roast at church last night. I ate my bar before I went and then took my bottle of water-they also had a big jug of water so I refilled. The hotdogs and marshmallows smelled delicious and there were alot of covered dishes/desserts (at least I am pretty sure-I didn't get very close to the food table!). Luckily my good friend is dieting on another pre-packaged food plan so she and I filled our time just visiting with our church family and drinking water. Got home and made 2 boiled eggs into egg salad using WF mayo. The WF mayo is o.k. in taste-texture a little runny but o.k. for a change of pace.
Have a great Monday everyone!
boyz4us is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 07:40 AM   #5  
Senior Member
 
JudoGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 320

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Default

Oh good morning everyone..I've missed you all...I need you in my life it feels so good to come and be with other people like myself...yet so different..
I have not been exercising like I should so today is the day...
I'm going to get going and really get my butt moving...
I'm going to check out a few Gyms and see what might work for me..
Plus I want to try and really get my walks in..
Have a great day...Everyone...
JudoGirl is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 07:56 AM   #6  
Started IP 2/25/2011...
 
Pxlkitty4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3853N 7707W
Posts: 1,289

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default

Good morning everyone. Thanks WUV for starting the daily chat.

Wanting to check in and let everyone know that maintenance is going well. I had my second cheat/free day on Saturday, and I'm back to 145.5 today after my "clean eating" Sunday. So, 1/2 lb above goal weight. This plan really works... even at the end. I have been hovering within a few pounds of goal since hitting my goal weight on 9/16.

I won't say that it's easy, because I'm still very disciplined with what I eat and making sure that I get exercise. But, it's getting easier as I get more familiar with the food combinations that work. Keeping an online food diary has been really helpful, since it counts the grams of carbs, fat, etc. and I can see what I'm eating. I highly recommend this at the end. Nuts have more carbs than I thought, for example. Don't wing it, write it down!!

Wishing everyone a great OP day. I have to run out and buy more fruit and veggies as I'm running low today after I get some work done.
Pxlkitty4 is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 07:58 AM   #7  
Maile
 
Maile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NW
Posts: 1,503

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Default

Good morning everyone..I have trouble with pickles also..and pickled jalapenos! I love them, but there is always water retention the next day.
Great job on being around temptations and cooking and staying IP.

I went to a wine event and watched others indulge. Then watched football while my family indulged. All in all a good weekend.
Have a great Monday everyone.
Maile is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 08:03 AM   #8  
Senior Member
 
DanafromAustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 2,029

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Default

Happy Monday everyone. Of course I stayed on plan yesterday, but it seems everywhere I went I saw people eating. Last night for dinner I made the meat pizza recipe which was pretty good and turnip fires (my favorite). And then we went to the movies and the smell of popcorn just hits you right in the face when you enter. We saw Footloose. My favorite is still the original, but this remake was really good too. But for me Ren will always be Kevin Bacon.

Today I'm chauffeuring one of my kids around and having our carpets cleaned. Thankfully it's suppose to be 90 degrees here so I can open the windows and hopefully the carpets will dry faster.

Have a good day everyone!
DanafromAustin is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 08:05 AM   #9  
Maile
 
Maile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NW
Posts: 1,503

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Default

PixleKitty..That is very inspiring to know that you are back down after a cheat day! Very good news.

Bellamack: I am sorry you have health issues. I hope you can get into a doctor today. Sounds like changing phases is a good idea for you now. You can always get your health back and change again later.
Maile is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #10  
Senior Member
 
sandyh50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 589

Default

Good morning all! I drank lots of water and hot tea yesterday and had fish for dinner. Guess what, the scale was down 2 pounds! Now if I can keep this up until my weigh in I will be ecstatic. It is so nice to see the 150's every day now.

Have a great day!
sandyh50 is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #11  
Senior Member
 
bludolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: AL
Posts: 240

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning all! I drank lots of water and hot tea yesterday and had fish for dinner. Guess what, the scale was down 2 pounds! Now if I can keep this up until my weigh in I will be ecstatic. It is so nice to see the 150's every day now.

Have a great day!
That is great!
bludolphin is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #12  
Started IP August 1, 2011
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Baton Rouge, La
Posts: 480

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Default

Good morning everyone! Wow, what a busy weekend for me. I barely had the chance to get on here. I hope Bellamack is on her way to the doctor and can get some relief. Glad to see everyone else is doing well.

I started sprucing up my flower beds this weekend. I took out all of my spring and summer annuals and planted fall annuals. I decided to save some money and rake pine straw for mulch instead of buying my usual black mulch. So far, I have the entire front of the house done and I have rounded one corner. We have flower beds around the entire house. It took me all weekend to get that far. I was pretty sore yesterday when I rolled out of bed, but got back at it and today I'm not quite as sore. I think there is enough pine straw on the ground in the pastures to finish both sides of the house, but I may have to buy some for the back yard.
Paint Lady is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #13  
Senior Member
 
misswinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Northwest, IN
Posts: 111

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Good morning everyone!
This weekend was super busy and full of temptations. We went to the movies on Saturday to see Paranormal Activity 3 and resisted the popcorn. That was much easier than I was expecting. That night, we went out to dinner with his family to celebrate his brother's and my own upcoming birthdays. I stayed OP and had a salad with O&V, a petite filet (which I couldnt' finish) and broccoli. The restaurant had no issues with cooking my food w/o butter.
Yesterday was a bit tougher but I made it through. We had our first bridal shower and there was so much amazing food! The sloppy joes were hardest to resist but I did it! I have a bridesmaid (who is causing drama - jealous much?!) and she kept pushing me to eat a darn cupcake! She kept claiming it was my shower and one wouldn't hurt me. I just told her no (quite firmly) and that it wasn't worth setting me back 3 days. I made it through 100% OP and feel great about it.
Let's start off the week right and dedicate ourselves to 100% OP this week!
misswinter is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 09:33 AM   #14  
Senior Member
 
bludolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: AL
Posts: 240

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswinter View Post
Good morning everyone!
This weekend was super busy and full of temptations. We went to the movies on Saturday to see Paranormal Activity 3 and resisted the popcorn. That was much easier than I was expecting. That night, we went out to dinner with his family to celebrate his brother's and my own upcoming birthdays. I stayed OP and had a salad with O&V, a petite filet (which I couldnt' finish) and broccoli. The restaurant had no issues with cooking my food w/o butter.
Yesterday was a bit tougher but I made it through. We had our first bridal shower and there was so much amazing food! The sloppy joes were hardest to resist but I did it! I have a bridesmaid (who is causing drama - jealous much?!) and she kept pushing me to eat a darn cupcake! She kept claiming it was my shower and one wouldn't hurt me. I just told her no (quite firmly) and that it wasn't worth setting me back 3 days. I made it through 100% OP and feel great about it.
Let's start off the week right and dedicate ourselves to 100% OP this week!

Great job staying OP, I wish I had your will power.

How did you like Paranormal Activity 3? My husbands not really into those types of movies so it has to be really worth it to make the effort to get him to go to that type of movie.
bludolphin is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #15  
Senior Member
 
Ishbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,468

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I started sprucing up my flower beds this weekend. I took out all of my spring and summer annuals and planted fall annuals. I decided to save some money and rake pine straw for mulch instead of buying my usual black mulch. So far, I have the entire front of the house done and I have rounded one corner. We have flower beds around the entire house. It took me all weekend to get that far. I was pretty sore yesterday when I rolled out of bed, but got back at it and today I'm not quite as sore. I think there is enough pine straw on the ground in the pastures to finish both sides of the house, but I may have to buy some for the back yard.
SOOOO jealous! SO jealous I HAD to post on it. "Fall Annuals"...<sigh> All my flower beds are put to 'bed' for the winter. I just recently bagged 22 bags of leaves from my yard.

There is frost on my lawn this morning lol.

Last edited by Ishbel; 10-24-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Ishbel is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Wednesday, 4 May 2011 showgirlaz Ideal Protein Diet 113 05-05-2011 05:05 PM
IP Daily Chat Monday, 24 January 2011 showgirlaz Ideal Protein Diet 87 01-27-2011 10:55 AM
IP Daily Chat Thursday, Jan 20, 2011 showgirlaz Ideal Protein Diet 119 01-22-2011 01:09 AM
IP Daily Chat - Monday 8/23/2010 I'm svelting! Ideal Protein Diet 86 08-24-2010 06:30 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:43 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.