Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #61  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Good morning everyone! Hope everyone has a great day! I go for my WI today. I also am bringing my 5 year old in to have a cavity filled. Since I do IP through the same dentist office, I will be spending quite a chunk of money there this month. He had 2 cavities at his last exam on different sides of the mouth. We did the other side last month and are doing this side today. $1200 in dental bills + roughly $800 in IP for 2 months. He turns 6 in November and then Christmas!! My checking account is crying!! And, I honestly have guilt over spending money on myself for IP. I have 2 boys, they usually get all of our money in one way or another. I'm trying not to stress over it. I keep telling myself it will all work out. I brought up the subject of alternatives to my husband the other night. He doesn't think I should do that yet, so I'm sticking with the clinic for now. It's just hard to spend the money on me. He works so hard for our family and so that I can stay home and take care of our kids. I sub at the school sometimes but am always here when the boys get on and off the bus. Sorry, just rambling here guys... It's also TOM, so a little moody here.
I hear ya! when is your son's Birthday?? my oldest son turns 6 on November 4th...

I am doing alternatives only to save money and also, there is no where for me to get IP products where I live. (there is 1 lady who is just starting to sell them but it sounds sketchy!) I will let you know in a few weeks how I am doing... apparently the ProtiDiet products are exactly the same as IP!

PS - it is also my TOM... seems like we have a lot in common... I have 2 sons as well and a baby girl
Old 10-20-2011, 01:30 PM   #62  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

question for you guys....

I had my first ever shake this morning because I was running behind and out the door... when I got home, I felt hungry so I had 2 egg whites. Mentally, I am a big hand to mouth eater... how do you feel full off of a shake??

Last edited by Mom3LoveBugs; 10-20-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:32 PM   #63  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
I am going to the grocery store on Saturday and I thought it would be fun to see what everyone puts on their grocery lists? What are some of your IP "must haves" or what are some things (maybe new) that you want to try?

So far I have the usual suspects: lettuce, cucumbers, celery, peppers, eggs, olive oil.

New things to try: turnip (for the fries), WF chocolate sauce, thin steak (for some of the recipes in the Finland thread).

Anyone else?
There is a thread started about Grocery list here is the link http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...cery-list.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulleriina View Post
Disappointed ;( no loss in 5 weeks, still on program...Do I have to add snacks ??? I'm eating now 3 alternatives and one regular with veggies !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulleriina View Post
I'm not giving up ...NO!!!! B 3 egg whites, 1 cup spinach
L 5 oz chicken breast, romaine, turnips+cauliflower mashed 2 cup
D soup Mushroom or chicken + 1 cup mashdes turnips and cauliflowe
Snack either Pure protein bar or puddind

MURRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and water, water and water and 2 tsp olive oil if I remember
Another poster is right I think you are not getting enough protein and would have a packet or shake for breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I think some peoples weight just hangs on more. It seems that you are eating correctly. I have the same problem and hold on, I don't see that I will lose anything this week, even though earlier in the week I was down, this morning I was the same as last week and tomorrow is weigh-in. But if I don't lose any this week, it will come off eventually. Keep up the hard work!
Bella you changed your avatar, You threw me off with that!!.....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyflower View Post
Good Morning!!!!
Its been a while since I've been able to get on because I've been having SEVERAL issues at work! My office flooded in the beginning of September when Hurricane Lee passed by and I've been misplaced since! The landlord wouldnt do anything about it, till the walls grew mold....so now thats in process!!

Anyway, last night was a HUGE excitement for me as I hit BELOW 200lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited, I almost cried!!!!!! I cant even remember seeing a 1!!!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!!!
CONGRATS you hit a new Century like I did yesterday. I finally got out of the 300's and I did cry when I called my mom to tell her!! Its been 20+years since I have been in the 200's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown46 View Post
WI #2 - 5lb,,,yeah!!
I was just wondering, since I am new, has anyone else been slow to lose inches? I am losing pounds, so I am not disappointed. Its just that I hear everyone else on here talk of the inches they have lost, and I have not hardly seen any difference in inches lost. Does this come further into the program? Just Curious. Thanks
Your inches will come off eventually, I have loss 92lbs and 69inches. My inches come off only like 1/2 sometimes a whole inch at a time. I thought I would have loss more inches by now but I haven't. Hang in there they will come off. You will see a difference in your clothes even though you don't see it on the measuring tape, I promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
My question is for those who have lost a considerable amount of weight...50+ I am in my mid 40's and wanting to lose 100 pounds but I worry about how my skin will react after losing that much weight? Will I have to have surgery to remove excess skin??? Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!
Molly I am 45 years old and have loss 92 lbs so far. I work with the resistance band for my arms. I do have bat wings...lol....but they are firming up. I know I will have lose skin because I was almost at 400lbs so I will deal with it. If you do decide to do the surgery most places want you to keep the weight off a year before you will be considered for the surgery. Just work with what you have and deal with it the best you can. That is what I am doing. Because by the time I am done I will have loss 188lbs or pretty close too it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Good morning everyone! Hope everyone has a great day! I go for my WI today. I also am bringing my 5 year old in to have a cavity filled. Since I do IP through the same dentist office, I will be spending quite a chunk of money there this month. He had 2 cavities at his last exam on different sides of the mouth. We did the other side last month and are doing this side today. $1200 in dental bills + roughly $800 in IP for 2 months. He turns 6 in November and then Christmas!! My checking account is crying!! And, I honestly have guilt over spending money on myself for IP. I have 2 boys, they usually get all of our money in one way or another. I'm trying not to stress over it. I keep telling myself it will all work out. I brought up the subject of alternatives to my husband the other night. He doesn't think I should do that yet, so I'm sticking with the clinic for now. It's just hard to spend the money on me. He works so hard for our family and so that I can stay home and take care of our kids. I sub at the school sometimes but am always here when the boys get on and off the bus. Sorry, just rambling here guys... It's also TOM, so a little moody here.
I am sure the things you are not getting your kids are not affecting them in any way. I used to be the same way, always felt guilty when I bought me something, sometimes I still do and my kids are grown. They know how much you love them and will do anything for them, even though they may not be able to have something they want. I am sure you still give them everything they NEED plus some. If your hubby is supporting you the way he is, let him do this for you. It is his way of rewarding you for being a wonderful mother to his children, taking care of them and an awesome wife for wanting to get yourself healthy so that you will be there for him and your children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazzledmom04 View Post
Morning! Well weigh in day tomorrow. I think I've been having a pretty good week. DH actually took the scale with him to work for 2 weeks so I'm excited to see what happens. 2 of my kids came home with shhets saying I had to make something for dessert for the Halloween parties. Yay me!!!! Love it when its just 1 temptation after another but I love it even more when I get past it and realize I can do this!!!!!
Congrats on all the losses so far today and good luck OP everyone!
Give your hubby a BIG HUG AND KISS from me and say THANK YOU for taking your scale away from you!! its one of the BEST things he could have done to support you in this journey. See how excited you are to WI instead of stressing?? isn't it a great feeling???

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfmsdiet View Post
Hi everyone - I have been lurking on this forum since Labor Day and have gotten a great deal of information and motivation from it. I have been telling myself that once I reached 20 pounds down I would post and thank everyone. Today I weighed in and have an 18 pound loss (in six weeks, so I am delighted). However, bad news from the receptionist/coach that they will be stopping the program after next week. I'm bummed to say the least. Does anyone know of a provider in Northern NJ -- preferably suburban Essex County? I tried Google but came up empty.

And I do want to thank you all for what you've done for me so far.
You can also call the 1-800 number and they will tell you exactly where one is nearest you. I didn't want to wait for someone to get in touch with me I wanted to know NOW....lol.

Good afternoon everyone, its COLD here in Southern Mississippi, too darn cold for this girl!! I have already made myself a pot of hot herbal tea that I have been sipping on this morning and once that one is gone I will be making another one. I woke up this morning with that "skinny" feeling it was a great feeling AND I woke up without my hip really bothering me so that is a good thing as well. I went through my closet this morning because since I work at home I usually wear shorts and a tank top, well not this morning I was looking for jogging pants or something and found a pair of Pj pants and they fell straight off of me!! I did find another pair they are too big but they are staying up. Looks like I need to go shopping sooner than I thought....lol....Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
question for you guys....

I had my first ever shake this morning because I was running behind and out the door... when I got home, I felt hungry so I had 2 egg whites. Mentally, I am a big hand to mouth eater... how do you feel full off of a shake??
I add ice to my shake then use the blender and make it thicker so that I have to eat it with a spoon
Old 10-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #65  
started IP 10/10/2011

S/C/G: 356/337 or see ticker/190-200

Height: 5'11

Talking

Does anyone know if Mio's are ok .. the label says it has sucralose and acesulfame potassium as sweetners. I didnt know if that would mess up the program. i've been using them since i started and my WI#2 is tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingitforchell View Post
Does anyone know if Mio's are ok .. the label says it has sucralose and acesulfame potassium as sweetners. I didnt know if that would mess up the program. i've been using them since i started and my WI#2 is tomorrow.
YUP!!...you are allowed to have them they are great aren't they?
Old 10-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #67  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingitforchell View Post
Yes, MIO is ok with IP
Old 10-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #68  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Hello Everyone...

I tried the Chocolate soy puffs for breakfast today... Pretty nummy!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Good afternoon everyone!! Just wanted to wish everyone good luck with WI's this week!! I go for WI #2 today at 4...feels like a good day!
My mom started IP yesterday morning. She has been calling me asking me questions and I give her answers (which I know from here...lol). I told her she needs to check out all the info on here!! It really is invaluable!! Thanks, again!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #70  
started IP 10/10/2011

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
YUP!!...you are allowed to have them they are great aren't they?
thanks so much for the info! and yes they are soooooooooooooooooooo good!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #71  
started IP 10/10/2011

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Yes, MIO is ok with IP
thanks for the Info!!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #72  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyflower View Post
Good Morning!!!!
Its been a while since I've been able to get on because I've been having SEVERAL issues at work! My office flooded in the beginning of September when Hurricane Lee passed by and I've been misplaced since! The landlord wouldnt do anything about it, till the walls grew mold....so now thats in process!!

Anyway, last night was a HUGE excitement for me as I hit BELOW 200lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited, I almost cried!!!!!! I cant even remember seeing a 1!!!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!!!
Congrats! I can't wait until I can join you in Onederland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealpromom View Post
my coach says restricted at night is fine... agree - it is my hurrah for the day.

I actually had to make my self have something this morning... am sippin on van milk and it is 11:10 a.m. I have to go to work at 12:30 - so I will have a salad and bring a soup for the afternoon. I normally work 12 hour shifts but today I am per diem and only work 1-6 whoo hoo

So I am on wk 2 now... and... assuming I have gone through the ketosis - dry mouth, weird taste I had as symptoms.....
I was told to not have restrictive foods at night - wiht the higher carb count and your metabolism slowing down for the night, you should eat these during the day. It's funny how each clinic and coach tells you diff things!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtemplet View Post
Good afternoon everyone!! Just wanted to wish everyone good luck with WI's this week!! I go for WI #2 today at 4...feels like a good day!
My mom started IP yesterday morning. She has been calling me asking me questions and I give her answers (which I know from here...lol). I told her she needs to check out all the info on here!! It really is invaluable!! Thanks, again!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
She can do like my mom and just read...lol...She didn't want to sign up for the site so I just logged her into my account so she could stay where I was all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Hello Everyone...

I tried the Chocolate soy puffs for breakfast today... Pretty nummy!
That is what I had for breakfast too!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #74  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
That is what I had for breakfast too!!!
GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #75  
Started IP 10/13/11

S/C/G: 280/170/210

Height: 5' 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
There are a couple of things that you can take to help aid with the excess skin.
1. the Raspberry Jello
2. the Blue cran-granta drink
3. Collagen supplement from IP

these all all great as they have extra collagen and will help with your skin...
Question: What product has more collagen jello or cran-grata drink? Also, I asked my coach about other products and she said those were the only two. What is collagen supplement and is it available at only select offices.
Closed Thread