Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Thumbs down Internet Explorer not responding...

So I just wasted 45 minutes booting and rebooting my computer because this site keeps freezing up my computer! I finally gave up and downloaded Mozilla Firefox. First attempt using Mozilla and it works perfectly! Crazy!

Now I have wasted my browsing time and I'll have to try to catch up tomorrow...
Old 09-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #122  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Well, looks like everyone had a great weekend as I did!!.....awesome job.! Went shopping with mom yesterday, left the house at 8am got home at 3pm and left again at 4pm to go to a bachlorette party and finally got home at 10pm. Was a long day!. I had a cappachino drink for breakfast on the way, did all of our shopping and stopped at the fresh market got veggies. Had chocolate pudding and a cucumber for lunch and for sure well......at the party there was NO veggies NOT ONE....so they had some of those lil sandwiches so I took 2 triangles and just ate the meat off of them putting the bread aside. when I got home at 10 I had a cucumber and another pudding so I stayed OP.

Had a great weekend was just too busy not to be able to check in!
Old 09-11-2011, 09:48 PM   #123  

Height: 5'6"

Horrifying thought for today: I had a friend in the UK ask me to prove I've lost weight by sending a pic of me in a bikini... :O ROFLMFBO!!!! Oh did that ever make me laugh.
It's been a good day. Sat on the couch with my boys and watched the best team ever win the football game, GO RIDERS!!! Finally a game worth watching lol Now there is a system moving in, bringing a bit of rain and some cooler temps, woohoo. No more having to get out the door for my walk the minute the boys get on the bus in the mornings. September is supposed to be 10 degrees cooler than what it has been for cryin out loud. I don't like heat anyways, turns me into a useless blob in no time flat.
Hope everyone had a great OP weekend!!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:04 PM   #124  

Default Kale chips

I tried making the kale chips this past week......they were okay, some of them turned brown, is this cooked right or overcooked?
Old 09-11-2011, 10:27 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by downs6 View Post
Hey all I have been on IP program for 5 weeks and wanting to know more about the role of vegetables in the diet. ( I posted this in another thread too b/c I didn't see this one so I apologize for anyone who has seen it twice). I was called into work the other day and didn't have time to get the veggies ready and didn't have any on hand so I only grabbed the IP choc drink - what does it hurt if I don't get in all 4 cups but have 2 of the 4 cups of veggies? Having a hard time knowing how to fix the veggies-broccoli is getting really old. I have had a few others as well but in the midwest we don't have access to alot of the veggies on the list. Thanks
Yeah I would try to get all 4 cups in. When I started I was asking the same thing and now I want more than 4! If you browse this site for a while you will find many new ways to cook the veggies. I am from the Midwest too and seem to be able to find quite a few of the veggies that I am looking for. I suggest the Kale Chips, Kohlrabi Fries or try the Rhubarb with WF strawberry I've heard thats a popular one.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #126  
Maintaining since 11/8/11

S/C/G: 170/141.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Made the kale chips tonight; hubby and I LOVED them! This will become a staple in our house!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #127  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granby View Post
I tried making the kale chips this past week......they were okay, some of them turned brown, is this cooked right or overcooked?
I'm not sure? How did they taste? I think a lot of mine come out "dark" but not b/c they are burnt. I use a lot of dark seasonings on mine though like paprika and chili powder so I'm a bad example probably.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #128  

Since we are on the topic of Kale chips..how do you all measure for these, weight before or after cooking or how many cups do you consider a bunch? I never know how much to count them for.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
I am still pretty chicken to try the kale chips... I gues I am just nervous!
I think I was intimidated by these for a while but I'm glad I finally caved and tried them. I remember telling my Mom I wanted to try Kale chips and she was like "Who are you?" Then the other day I was thinking - I'm addicted to Kale chips "Who am I?" LOL
Old 09-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Went to the beach today and actually walked around the park in a (new) swimsuit. No t-shirt on, no shorts, no cover-up. Just walking around in a swimsuit. I can't remember ever doing that before. Not that I looked fantastic or anything, but I actually wasn't embarassed about my size.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:01 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 229/187/185

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Went to the beach today and actually walked around the park in a (new) swimsuit. No t-shirt on, no shorts, no cover-up. Just walking around in a swimsuit. I can't remember ever doing that before. Not that I looked fantastic or anything, but I actually wasn't embarassed about my size.
Strutting! Good for you!
Old 09-11-2011, 11:17 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
That's awesome!! Congrats on the great finds!! I can't wait to get to start hitting up the thrift stores!!

ETA: I have a question I'm hoping some of you more experienced IPers can help with. How are you supposed to measure veggies? I can do little cucumber slices but I'm having asparagus for dinner and have no idea how to measure it. Help!
i just shove what I can in a measuring cup and guess as best as possible. I like the water idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
I use the water displacement method. I fill a 4 cup measuring cup with 2 cups of water. I add the veggies until the water level gets to 4 cups. That should be 2 cups of veggies!

I was thinking today, about spinach, there is such a HUGE difference dry verse cooked... how would you all measure it? cooked out raw spinach???

Lynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
My sister and I made kale chips last night and I was really surprised that we liked them so much. I think having something crispy was a real treat for both of us. We also made asparagus "guacamole" and it seemed to help with that craving. My sister makes the best real guacamole and the whole family loves it. We were really missing it. We trimmed the asparagus, then cut it in chunks and boiled it until it was tender. Puree in food processor, then we added it to the other ingredients. It wasn't as creamy as the avacodo one, but it was pretty good.
Very interesting! I miss guac! this might be a must try!
Old 09-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
YOU GO GIRL!!
Old 09-11-2011, 11:37 PM   #134  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Question about the Kale chips.

Do I have to use parchment liner? Can I use aluminum foil instead? Or just the baking sheet?

I only use the leaf part, not the stem... correct?
Old 09-11-2011, 11:42 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
It's been a good day. Sat on the couch with my boys and watched the best team ever win the football game, GO RIDERS!!! Finally a game worth watching lol Now there is a system moving in, bringing a bit of rain and some cooler temps, woohoo. No more having to get out the door for my walk the minute the boys get on the bus in the mornings. September is supposed to be 10 degrees cooler than what it has been for cryin out loud. I don't like heat anyways, turns me into a useless blob in no time flat.
Hope everyone had a great OP weekend!!
Congrats on the win!! Being a Bomber fan myself, I was totally OP at the pregame BBQ, but admit to devouring a huge slice of pie (humble pie that is) after our defeat at your hands. It was nasty - and that's the second piece of humble pie in two weeks!
Closed Thread