Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #76  

Height: 5'7'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!! Today is the beginning of my 5th day on IP and I could not be more impressed. This morning on my home scale I officially saw a lower number than I ever saw with Weight Watchers or counting calories or clean eating. I was shocked and thrilled!!

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
Keep up all the positive thoughts, it helps with the weight loss! I have been reading your posts and you are so 'into' IP which I think will really help you stay on track.

Congrats on the number!
Old 09-11-2011, 08:01 AM   #77  

Height: 5'7'

Morning, all!

I had a BBQ last night for my husband's bday. We had good, healthy food & a few way-off-protocol foods last night. I stayed OP the whole night and have to say it didn't impact the great time I had one single bit. It's strange how before I would have gladly eaten the chips and homemade mac n' cheese without batting an eye. I didn't even want it last night.

I hope everyone has a super day.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:33 AM   #78  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

My sister and I made kale chips last night and I was really surprised that we liked them so much. I think having something crispy was a real treat for both of us. We also made asparagus "guacamole" and it seemed to help with that craving. My sister makes the best real guacamole and the whole family loves it. We were really missing it. We trimmed the asparagus, then cut it in chunks and boiled it until it was tender. Puree in food processor, then we added it to the other ingredients. It wasn't as creamy as the avacodo one, but it was pretty good.

Last edited by Paint Lady; 09-11-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
My sister and I made kale chips last night and I was really surprised that we liked them so much. I think having something crispy was a real treat for both of us. We also made asparagus "guacamole" and it seemed to help with that craving. My sister makes the best real guacamole and the whole family loves it. We were really missing it. We trimmed the asparagus, then cut it in chunks and boiled it until it was tender. Puree in food processor, then we added it to the other ingredients. It wasn't as creamy as the avacodo one, but it was pretty good.
I must've made my kale chips wrong cause they didn't turn out really crispy, maybe i need to try again.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:38 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning all! It is a beautiful sunny weekend in the pacific northwest. I spent the day hiking at Mt. Rainier with hubby and daughter yesterday and it was spectacular. Here's what's weird: I carried my daughter on my back for most of the hike, which would be about a 40 lb pack. It was a killer! What a struggle to hike uphill! Not 2 months ago I was hauling 40 extra lbs around with me everywhere I went. How did I do it and why did I do it for so long?
Old 09-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 200/166/130

Height: 5'7"

Scofflaw, wish you could have been with us. We found a whole hill full of quartz crystals. Some were crystal clear and others had a red "stain" on them. They were in these veins that passed through the hills. So cool. I even found some chips that looked like they had been worked into tools. Don't know, maybe just the discards. One is pure white. Really pretty.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #82  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Ipers. I'm so happy that after a rough patch my weight is moving down again. This morning I hit the 50 lbs lost mark.

I went out for some friends' birthday last night and was extremely good- only had one soda with lime all night.

Keep up the great work everyone!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Just started IP on Tuesday and trying to make a quick stir fry - are we able to use soya sauce?

Also, has anyone had experience using too much skim milk. I need my two cups of coffee a day or I can't survive!! Was told about using the vanilla drink but its quite gross in the coffee - seems to separate. So... I've been using about 2oz of skim milk and splenda in each coffee but only have two a day.

Other than that things seem to be going ok other than I wish they had more food selections, not sure how some of you have managed to stay on the program this long

Any advice is appreciated

Shan
I had a gal tell me she likes the caramel syrup in her coffee with the vanilla drink. Haven't tried that yet. I wish there were more selections also. I've got to find some recipes that will mix this up a bit. Getting a bit tired of lettuce with broccoli and cauliflower and one of the drinks. The bars are good though.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
I must've made my kale chips wrong cause they didn't turn out really crispy, maybe i need to try again.
Make sure they are dry they turn out better for me then when they are slightly damp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Good morning Ipers. I'm so happy that after a rough patch my weight is moving down again. This morning I hit the 50 lbs lost mark.

I went out for some friends' birthday last night and was extremely good- only had one soda with lime all night.

Keep up the great work everyone!
on the milestone!!! Way to go!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:13 AM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Yes. Only winter squash is not allowed....butternut, acorn, etc. I eat yellow (crooked neck) and zucchini all the time.

Great, I was wondering the same thing since the farmers market has alot of them. Stir fry with garlic in a bit of olive sounds good.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Doubt my coach will be attending as we are from Alberta Canada. She had mentioned that lettuce, cucumbers and mushrooms were "free", therefore if I counted those plus my broccoli, cauliflower, etc. I would exceed my 4 cup limit.

My coach is good at answering via text but wanted to get insight from others.

thanks
My coach is from Alberta too (obviously) and she is right up to speed on IP. She follows the protocol sheets exactly so I don't get concerned when people say on here that their coaches don't permit this or that.

As for your question about the stir fries, the WF Asian salad dressings make a very good stir fry.

Pat
Old 09-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #87  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Making guacamole from asparagus is very creative. I am going to try it! I like Mexican food. I make fish tacos using lettuce instead of tortillas.

There are some very good ideas on how to use the WF products on that WF thread. One of them was to put carmel syrup on top of the vanilla pudding and then freeze it for 5-10 min. However, if you use your shaker, then you cannot open the frozen lid!

Reading about the Ukranian culture is so interesting. I love cabbage rolls and would one day like to figure out a way to eat them..Maybe Phase 3 or 4.

I am happy..my scale is moving downwards!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #88  

Day 6!!
Some good news and bad. I jumped on the scale, in hopes for some motivation to stay on track on the weekend, and Im down 5 pounds so far! And my WI isn't until Tuesday! Really exciting!!!
Bad News.. I had 1 drink last night!! I drank triple the water afterwards cause I felt so guilt. a total of 144oz!! I know I shouldn't have, but it really cut the edge off the week, and kinda gave me a breath of fresh air. I didn't have a second one, and felt better afterwards. I felt like I was ready to loooose it. it was a vodka tho, and not the wine I would have had before.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Good Morning all! It is a beautiful sunny weekend in the pacific northwest. I spent the day hiking at Mt. Rainier with hubby and daughter yesterday and it was spectacular. Here's what's weird: I carried my daughter on my back for most of the hike, which would be about a 40 lb pack. It was a killer! What a struggle to hike uphill! Not 2 months ago I was hauling 40 extra lbs around with me everywhere I went. How did I do it and why did I do it for so long?
Pauley, even at my thinnest, I've had a hard time carrying anything but myself up at Mt. Rainier. That's incredible that you were doing it with your daughter on your back.

Movingon -- congratulations! I am inspired to keep going when I read about successes like yours!

Good morning all. Like Pauley, I'm enjoying the cool PNW morning. Expecting record heat this afternoon, so this cool morning is a treat. We're going to spend a good portion of the day dipping our toes in a lake.

So, last night for my protein I had two chicken sausage (in beef collagen casings) links. They're 110 calories a piece with 1 carb per serving. Does anyone see any problems with these? There's no sugar and they're soooo good.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #90  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
That's awesome!! Congrats on the great finds!! I can't wait to get to start hitting up the thrift stores!!

ETA: I have a question I'm hoping some of you more experienced IPers can help with. How are you supposed to measure veggies? I can do little cucumber slices but I'm having asparagus for dinner and have no idea how to measure it. Help!

I never worried too much about it. I cut it and when I get to 2 cups, I stop. Sometimes I go a bit over when the pieces are big and ther eis a lot of "air" in the cup.

Quote:
Just started IP on Tuesday and trying to make a quick stir fry - are we able to use soya sauce?

Also, has anyone had experience using too much skim milk. I need my two cups of coffee a day or I can't survive!! Was told about using the vanilla drink but its quite gross in the coffee - seems to separate. So... I've been using about 2oz of skim milk and splenda in each coffee but only have two a day.

Other than that things seem to be going ok other than I wish they had more food selections, not sure how some of you have managed to stay on the program this long

Any advice is appreciated

Shan

Have you tried the chocolate or vanilla pudding with coffee? It's one of of my all times favorite. You make your pudding with a little less water (100ml vs 150ml), heat it up in the microwave and then I mix it with the coffee. You have to pour it back and forth from the shaker to the coffee cup several times for it to mix well. Otherwise, it will look seperated. It actually makes a bit of foam at the top. It looks awesome and tastes awesome. Try it. Let us know.

Quote:
Doubt my coach will be attending as we are from Alberta Canada. She had mentioned that lettuce, cucumbers and mushrooms were "free", therefore if I counted those plus my broccoli, cauliflower, etc. I would exceed my 4 cup limit.

My coach is good at answering via text but wanted to get insight from others.

thanks

As far as I know only lettuce is free.
Closed Thread