Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Oh ,Ok, there are people who eat like my Ukranian neighbours in other places! I live near the Ukranian Cultural Village east of Edmonton. I should have guessed Winnipeg.Good job on skipping the goodies.
Many of my co-workers are Ukranian. My Ukranian boss' husband has six sisters. She told me he loves to get together and cook with them. She said they start everything by throwing in pounds of butter.
Oh now that's healthy - NOT!!! I once was cooking at a Christmas potluck and the guy handed me a tub of lard (really) to fry the perogies in. I about gagged when he did that, but then he kept encouraging me add more. That was years ago, and I still remember it - didn't eat the perogies that night either

Last edited by Sherwood; 09-10-2011 at 09:18 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

I've just started on IP and I'm confused with the amount of veggies, was told 2 cups at lunch and 2 at supper. But.... cucumber, lettuce and mushrooms are unlimited.

Therefore if you have 1 cup of cucumber and 1/2 cup of mushrooms is it your choice to have 4 cups of veggies if you want or to only have 2 1/2????

How critical is this and what does everyone else do?

thanks
shan
Old 09-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
I bumped up the Cups to Weight conversion thread for you. I weigh all my protein and veggies.
Thank you so much! That's great info, I was already weighing my meat.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofflaw1 View Post
I was having some weird thoughts sitting here in my office....
So, you know body builders and just generally muscular people? They like...NEVER eat anything delicious. They only eat protien and veggies (which are tasty too, but I'm talking about those splurge foods that you eat and have to go back to phase 1 the next day lol) It makes me think....do you think that any person has the mental capability to not ever want to eat unhealthy, tasty foods? Just drop it completely forever? I was thinking about how much I enjoy food, and the taste...and How being on this diet changes your taste...so can anyone get into that psyche where they just don't ever crave food at all? (This sounds like anorexic people lol)
What do you guys think?
I have thought a lot about this too and I have read different stories of people who have been successful long term - like lost a ton of weight and kept it off for 10 + years. I read one written by a woman who stated that she never ever in over 10 years has eaten any baked goods- cookies, cakes, etc and no white flour ever. She felt that those foods were triggers for her to go hog wild and pig crazy. I can really relate to this line of thinking. I am the type of person who cannot have one Cookie or even two, once I start, it is a dozen. I feel satisfied enough as far as sweets with the ideal protein diet products. I feel so great eating low carb and staying away from carbs that I just think it may be worth it to try and set my mindset along those lines. Seems like sugar is like crack to me!
Old 09-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Just started IP on Tuesday and trying to make a quick stir fry - are we able to use soya sauce?

Also, has anyone had experience using too much skim milk. I need my two cups of coffee a day or I can't survive!! Was told about using the vanilla drink but its quite gross in the coffee - seems to separate. So... I've been using about 2oz of skim milk and splenda in each coffee but only have two a day.

Other than that things seem to be going ok other than I wish they had more food selections, not sure how some of you have managed to stay on the program this long

Any advice is appreciated

Shan
Yes, on the soya sauce. I too thought I couldn't live without cream in my coffee (generous portion), but I went cold turkey and learned to drink it black. Check out the recipe threads - there are lots of ways to add variety to the IP foods.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post
Gettingmygrooveback, thanks for bumping that chart. I've been wondering the same thing about measuring vs. weighing veggies.

I am having a hard time today -- just hungry. I made myself a fried egg this afternoon and I still plan on having my protein at dinner too.

My coach said I should eat an extra packet on the odd days like this, but I find that an expensive proposition.

I have been following the protocol to the letter for almost six weeks and today I am just ravenous and it's too hot to keep myself extra busy (which usually helps).

I think I read others bumped up against this issue around 6 weeks. Is that true? How long did it stick around?
I have had up to 2 extra hard boiled and or an extra protein packet on days when I am very hungry. It is one way to manage staying on this diet until the end. My coach said it was fine and that I could actually cook up 5-6 egg whites instead . Better than an apple fritter or cheeseburger! I say way to go!
Old 09-10-2011, 11:58 PM   #67  
manton4

S/C/G: 225/221/150

Height: 64.5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning!Going to be a beautiful day here in NE Montana. I am going to hit a few yard sales and see what treasures I can find! I am OP and loving it! I am not going to obsess about the scale. I am eating so few calories on this diet that the weight has to come off. I have been adding all my carbs up too from every bite I eat including my veggies and lettuce and I think it is driving me crazy. If it is on the protocol sheet , then it is legal to eat. My coach is driving me crazy when I show her my fitness pal journal and my carbs are over 30. I buy the lowest carb packets except for one day where I have restricted (weigh in day). Good grief, lettuce even has carbs and those 4 cups of veggies add up. DOES ANYONE ELSE COUNT THE CARBS IN THEIR VEGGIES AND LETTUCE?

Ok, got that off my chest. lol!

Have a great day!

The program I am in doesn't make you count carbs at all. You just have to check off what you eat in a day so they make sure you are eating enough. Counting carbs would be a dealbreaker for me I think. I love that this diet is so easy and once you have to start doing that, it turns in to work
Old 09-11-2011, 12:06 AM   #68  

Quote:
I've just started on IP and I'm confused with the amount of veggies, was told 2 cups at lunch and 2 at supper. But.... cucumber, lettuce and mushrooms are unlimited.

Therefore if you have 1 cup of cucumber and 1/2 cup of mushrooms is it your choice to have 4 cups of veggies if you want or to only have 2 1/2????

How critical is this and what does everyone else do?

thanks
shan
I think it depends on your coach. Mine told me 2 cups of veggies at lunch and dinner, but lettuce is 'free' so you can have as much of that as you want. Mushrooms and cucumbers would therefore count towards your two cups.

If I were you I would ask your coach specifically. Mine is wonderful and I text her all the time if I'm having issues or if I have a question.

It seems like all coaches are giving out slight variants of the information, I know they're having a big convention for coaches in Atlanta this weekend, maybe they'll get their stories straight!! I know my coach saw amazing success on the IP diet (she's even on their testimonials page) so I'm just going by what she tells me.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:11 AM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
Yes, on the soya sauce. I too thought I couldn't live without cream in my coffee (generous portion), but I went cold turkey and learned to drink it black. Check out the recipe threads - there are lots of ways to add variety to the IP foods.
Thanks for the advice, seeing how much you've lost you obviously know what you are talking about
Old 09-11-2011, 12:13 AM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
I think it depends on your coach. Mine told me 2 cups of veggies at lunch and dinner, but lettuce is 'free' so you can have as much of that as you want. Mushrooms and cucumbers would therefore count towards your two cups.

If I were you I would ask your coach specifically. Mine is wonderful and I text her all the time if I'm having issues or if I have a question.

It seems like all coaches are giving out slight variants of the information, I know they're having a big convention for coaches in Atlanta this weekend, maybe they'll get their stories straight!! I know my coach saw amazing success on the IP diet (she's even on their testimonials page) so I'm just going by what she tells me.
Doubt my coach will be attending as we are from Alberta Canada. She had mentioned that lettuce, cucumbers and mushrooms were "free", therefore if I counted those plus my broccoli, cauliflower, etc. I would exceed my 4 cup limit.

My coach is good at answering via text but wanted to get insight from others.

thanks
Old 09-11-2011, 12:20 AM   #71  

Quote:
Doubt my coach will be attending as we are from Alberta Canada. She had mentioned that lettuce, cucumbers and mushrooms were "free", therefore if I counted those plus my broccoli, cauliflower, etc. I would exceed my 4 cup limit.

My coach is good at answering via text but wanted to get insight from others.

thanks
Yeah, I don't think mine is there either, but I did see information about it on their FB page. I would just follow what your coach tells you. Mine has said a few things different from what's on here too.

If I were you I would try to get in 4 cups plus whatever 'free' veggies you get. That way you're sure to get enough fiber and won't be hungry.

I did ask mine about measuring veggies before v. after cooking and she said a few extra veggies wouldn't hurt so I'm sure you'll be fine.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #72  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Is yellow zucchini allowed in phase 1?
Old 09-11-2011, 07:13 AM   #73  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiM View Post
Is yellow zucchini allowed in phase 1?
Yes. Only winter squash is not allowed....butternut, acorn, etc. I eat yellow (crooked neck) and zucchini all the time.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:31 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 159.8/142.2/135

Height: 5ft 2

GM IPers...Hope you have a awesome OP day!!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #75  

Good morning!! Today is the beginning of my 5th day on IP and I could not be more impressed. This morning on my home scale I officially saw a lower number than I ever saw with Weight Watchers or counting calories or clean eating. I was shocked and thrilled!!

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
Closed Thread