Old 09-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Default IP Daily Chat - Friday, Sep. 9th

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
wildflower613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Happy Friday everyone. (Phew, I was really hoping I didn't screw that up.) Can't start my day without a little daily chat in my life. The week went fast due to the Holiday, can't believe we are back at Friday already. My nashua order is arriving today, I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Want to sign up for the aerobics class but I need that extra push or I'm not sure I will do it. Would be M/T/TH 5:30-6:30 and I have until next Thu. to sign up :P My only "excuse" right now is that this time is crucial for getting dinner cooked in time for the babes pre-bedtime stuff and of course finding someone to watch her if Dad isn't home yet. (Ok that is a lie I know Grandma 1 or 2 would do it)
wildflower613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:45 AM   #3  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

First WI this morning after 3 weeks of vacation and a return with 4 days on Phase 1.
Feel REALLY good to be back OP. Although I know there will be a gain, I am back on track and ready to finish the job!!

As always, the weekend is harder tho...I did trash my big trigger foods, the nut butters.
Not having them in the cabinet makes it alot easier to stay where I know I need to.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7'

Good morning all! I plan on moving into phase 2 this week. I am having a harder time with the shakes and getting bored with it. So to keep me going without cheating I want to try phase 2 and see how I do. Has anyone else done that?
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

I'm starting the same thing today stolaf. Bored with pudding cakes and switching to alternatives anyway, so I think I'm going to try phase 2 to get me to goal. That will be one less packet per day. I can do a shake in the morning and my restricted bar for snack and have my chicken or steak salads for lunch and dinner. I hope it doesn't stall me.
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! Just wondering if someone can give me a quick run down on how this program differs from South Beach or Atkins. do you still crave carbs on it and are you hungry on this program? thanks in advance for the helpful info
frankie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Friday! Thanks for starting the thread Wildflower!

I had a long day at work yesterday so I skimmed through the posts from the chat last night. Seems like we have a few sick people- I hope you are all feeling better!

My office needs to be closed today due to construction on the front of the building- so I am having a work at home day for most of the day. It's nice to be able to sit around in yoga pants all day, but I always have to contend with my old eating habits (grazing) when I'm home. I will have lots of work to do, so that should help.

The scale is moving in the right direction again (slowly) and that shows me how ultra careful I have to be with everything I eat right now. I've been cutting down on the higher carb veggies and upping the salad. It seems to have helped. I've also dropped bars completely, though I do still have chocolate puffs- because I love them! They're lower in carbs than the bars.

Have a fabulous Friday everyone!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

I am having a good week back from vacation. But I got this desire to lift weights this week and I did arms and chest one day and then legs and abs the next. I have to admit I am a daily wiegher but today I am up 2 pounds. Could it be that lifting cause my body to store extra water? Either way I have never had a weigh in that sent me back in time and I have a feeling that Monday I might.
murleya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #9  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murleya1 View Post
I am having a good week back from vacation. But I got this desire to lift weights this week and I did arms and chest one day and then legs and abs the next. I have to admit I am a daily wiegher but today I am up 2 pounds. Could it be that lifting cause my body to store extra water? Either way I have never had a weigh in that sent me back in time and I have a feeling that Monday I might.
Could be....I switched over to resistance bands. That way I am not buliding muscle but stretching and keeping the ones I already nice and toned.
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murleya1 View Post
If I remember correctly, your muscles store glycogen, and when you start to exercise again, it's released, adding 3 - 4 pounds. There's a good exercise thread on the board that can explain this better than I can for sure!
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! My week went so slow even though it was only 4 days. Tomorrow is my grandma's estate sale in the morning and my husband plays an outdoor show at dark so that blows my Saturday and I have a test either Mon or Tues I have to cram for Sunday. It's over chapters 1-10 and I just started school the 29th!

I have a few concerns in my mind. My friend does every 2 week weigh ins and she called me with her results yesterday. She told me she had cheated over the weekend on her birthday and was worried but she didn't think it'd be that bad. She ate Qdoba on her bday including ships, salsa, her meal, everything except the rice. Then the day after she had a banana split. Huge slip ups while on the program but not a big deal when you aren't. That is what has me worried. She gained an inch in her waist from these 2 cheats. How are we ever going to keep it off when we go to maintenance? I have 2 other friends who are keeping it off just fine but then this 1 little thing scares the heck out of me. I need tips and tricks and what to dos and what not to dos from any maintainers who read the daily chat please! Thanks!

And on a good note, I was down another 1.2 this morning but this is what my Thursday consisted of:
Breakfast: Shake in coffee
Lunch: Steam in bag broccoli (2 cups) and a shake
9:00: Bar

And only about 70oz of water all day. I was having tummy troubles and just wasn't hungry and was busy all day and that's just how it worked out.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #12  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post

I have a few concerns in my mind. My friend does every 2 week weigh ins and she called me with her results yesterday. She told me she had cheated over the weekend on her birthday and was worried but she didn't think it'd be that bad. She ate Qdoba on her bday including ships, salsa, her meal, everything except the rice. Then the day after she had a banana split. Huge slip ups while on the program but not a big deal when you aren't. That is what has me worried. She gained an inch in her waist from these 2 cheats. How are we ever going to keep it off when we go to maintenance? I have 2 other friends who are keeping it off just fine but then this 1 little thing scares the heck out of me. I need tips and tricks and what to dos and what not to dos from any maintainers who read the daily chat please! Thanks!
My opinion....Phasing out of the diet properly and waking up your pancreas when you are suppose to will keep this from happening. She shocked the heck out of her system....how else would you expect your body to respond?
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
My opinion....Phasing out of the diet properly and waking up your pancreas when you are suppose to will keep this from happening. She shocked the heck out of her system....how else would you expect your body to respond?
That's what I told my husband as I was freaking about this morning. Thanks for reassuring me!
Old 09-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #14  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post

Remember, when you are on phase I, you are on an unbalanced diet. The minute you stray you are out of ketosis, gain that water weight, etc. When in maintenance, you are on a balanced diet. One or 2 slips don't change your body chemistry. You still have to be mindful but it isn't like the total shock of cheating in phase I.

Don't worry. It works!

Lynn
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:05 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
Remember, when you are on phase I, you are on an unbalanced diet. The minute you stray you are out of ketosis, gain that water weight, etc. When in maintenance, you are on a balanced diet. One or 2 slips don't change your body chemistry. You still have to be mindful but it isn't like the total shock of cheating in phase I.

Don't worry. It works!

Lynn
She said completely threw herself out of ketosis because she's going through the detox headaches and cravings again. I am thankful for things like this because it makes me even more scared to cheat myself. Although that doesn't sound like a good friend does it?