Old 09-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #91  

For a short work week it was sure LONNNNG!!! My classroom was hot and steamy and nobody wanted to think or do work in the afternoon! Thankfully next week is suppose to be cooler! I've been getting lots of compliments on the outfits I have been wearing to school. It sure helps to have lost 33 pound over the summer! Hang in there everyone,.

I , too, like have a Friday only thread, It gets so long by Sunday night after three days.
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #92  
I know I can

Looking good, Sandy
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
I have a couple of those weekly pill containers. Every Sunday I fill them up for the week. When I work outside the house, I use old prescription bottles and "pack" my days worth along with my lunch. If T is empty...I know I took my Tues. pills.
Thanks I need to get one. I won't leave them out where I would see and remember to take them because of the kids (my bottles don't have a child resistant cap), but I think I've seen child resistant pill boxes like that. I'll have to look into it!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Yeah......!!!! Full panel?
Yes! she also is having my rhuem factor and lupus. I have fibro , diagnosed in 1991, but she is suspicious of RA. She was checking my skin (very fair) Irish for spots as my dad and 2 other siblings have skin cancer and she noticed my hands are quite arthritic, so she just wants to be sure. She does not ever prescribe Armour, but said she would send me to an Endo that does. I told her I would like to switch from Synthroid. We shall see.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Wowee!!!! Fantasic! that is encouraging.

Pat
YES, you are due also....
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:22 AM   #96  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011weightbegone View Post
Wuv you look amazing. I always look forward to your messages, you are always so positive and helpful. I have missed reading yours and all the others this past month. I have been absent for awhile as my father-in-law was low and we were at the care home during the day with him, and then slept in recliners in his room there at night. He has since passed away and have had his funeral. Sure was a struggle with all the food that was around , but I did good and stayed away from all the sweeties.
I noticed you said you slept all night last night. Did you take anything special to help you? I was taking 12mg of melatonin every night for the last 3 months (my naturopath Dr. prescribed this,who said I could to go up to 20mg). I didn't find it helped me sleep and I think that is a lot of melatonin to take so I have quit taking it. Sorry for rambling on.
Have a great weekend!!!
I didn't take anything, that is just it, I don't know why I slept so good....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiM View Post
I don't wear makeup that often, and since I had to today I took a picture to compare to the one I took 2 days after starting the diet. I can't believe the difference!!
Great pics Jodi you can already see a difference with 27lbs gone....awesome job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom9799 View Post
Wuv, you look marvelous!!! I always look forward to your picture updates
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
I know me too!! I had completely forgotten I have my mom's chin....how do you forget that kind of thing? LOL I looked in the mirror one day and there it was, weird.

Congrats Wuv, you look gawgeous!!!
Congrats to you too JodiM!!
Daaaamn, we a foxy bunch of ladies!!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
JodiM - wow what a difference, love it!

Wuv - love the new pic as well, I started taking my own facial pictures because of you. I don't see the results like I do on you but that's ok, I feel like I've turned into my 16 year old that always takes pictures of herself.

I honestly think she's getting a little upset with me right now because I am getting closer to her weight every week and she stresses about being a little bigger (she's only 15lbs over weight for her age/height) I stopped fretting about what weight I am and more about how great I feel fitting into smaller clothes as she started stepping on the scale every day stressing about her own weight. I really hope that she'll be ok. She eats healthy and exercises but I still worry.
LOL....glad to see you are taking pics of yourself. I only take a pic of myself when I think I look "Good"....lol...and I do see a lot of difference in me each time so I guess its a good thing. Your daughter is afraid you will be trying to get into her clothes soon probably.....hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
CELEBRATE WI # 10 DOWN 4, YES FOUR! It is about time. Funny thing I did nothing different, other than take that NoviLax and I exercised half of what I usually do. I ate no red meat, only chicken and fish. Go Figure! I had my blood drawn today to check my thyroid, so I will know about that on the 29th. Party tonight, I have my veggies & H2O packed and ready to PARTY!

ps. I did have a salad out this week and I said no cheese, but it came with the cheese, so I ate some of it, maybe I need a little dairy. I don't use any at all. hmmmmmmmmm
Bella, I guess you and I both got the losses we were waiting for this week. I am sooooooo proud of you for sticking with it. See I said it would come off when you body thought it should....AWESOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Does anyone have any tips on remembering the supplements? I can't remember if I took mine yesterday at lunch or not, and I know I didn't today. Lunchtime is always a crazy time, but I can't take them earlier because I have to separate them from my Thyroid meds.

I'm also so glad that some of the PP here have experienced good results with this program with thryoid issues. I had mine surgically removed several years ago and blamed it a lot for my weight issues.
I took a radioactive pill and killed my thryoid years ago. I didn't want to have the surgery. I have been pleased with the weight loss I have had because the Dr at the time said I would have trouble losing weight.....HAHA...proving him wrong many years later....hahaha

Thanks everyone for the compliments, Sorry its such a long post but I had to catch up since I hadn't been here all day. Once I got to mom's we were outside(she lives in the country) until dark then my brother treated us out to Outback. I had a 6oz sirlon and 3 shrimp with mixed veggies. The waitress asked if we wanted bread we all said no and she looked at us crazy. She said but its healthy...we all just laughed at her. After we were done eating she said anyone for dessert, I looked at her and said if you thought the bread was healthy and we didn't want it do you think we would want dessert??? she looked at me and said well? My mom said you can't be serious....hahah.

Since a few people said they would like to have a Sat-Sun chat I'll start one. I hope everyone has a great Saturday, I have a bacholarette party to go to tonight so that should be interesting. I will be drinking my water with Lemon or lime
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 186/178/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
My dog had the same sort of problem. He would rub his muzzle on the carpet and the paw made it ten times worse. After the initial shot, we were able to control it with eye drops rather than daily pills. Another option?

I have a couple of those weekly pill containers. Every Sunday I fill them up for the week. When I work outside the house, I use old prescription bottles and "pack" my days worth along with my lunch. If T is empty...I know I took my Tues. pills.

No rum, no diet coke....those are the rules. They are considered cheats. While it may not cause you to gain weight, it can sure reek havoc on the ketosis process going on in your body and stop/slow down your weight loss. Is it worth it to you?

Thinning hair is one of the many symptoms of hypothyroidism. And as also metioned, weight loss can cause it as well. I just wanted you to be aware that the too much soy could cause the problem as well. Some of us are just more sensitive to it than others.

I ditto that!
Can you explain how not having carbs or sugars can reek havoc on ketosis? I'm curious and though my coach is a VERY sweet girl she is not a trained medical professional of any sort and has only been on the diet 3 weeks longer than me and doesn't have the answers to all my questions! I know diet pop is usually sweetened with aspartame and my coach told me it was a no no but I see a lot of people on here talking about drinking it so that confuses me as well.
TeamBelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #98  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
That is so great! My job involves going to different schools too. But my badge picture was taken 10 yeras ago. A little guy asked me who it was and I said it was me. He said, "oh that must have been in your younger years .

I just got another ID picture done they other day. I'm not excited to see it, I'm sure it will show I'm not in my "younger years" now!
I am not looking so young either! We have to have our badge pictures taken every year. I don't like wearing them around my neck, so I suppose I will try to clip it somewhere. At least we should both be happier with our newer thinner pictures!
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #99  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
For a short work week it was sure LONNNNG!!! My classroom was hot and steamy and nobody wanted to think or do work in the afternoon! Thankfully next week is suppose to be cooler! I've been getting lots of compliments on the outfits I have been wearing to school. It sure helps to have lost 33 pound over the summer! Hang in there everyone,.

I , too, like have a Friday only thread, It gets so long by Sunday night after three days.
My kids did not want to work in the afternoon either due to the heat. Plus, they are not used to school. I think the first month of school is long and hard for both teachers and students.
That is wonderful that you lost 33 pounds over the summer!
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #100  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBelder View Post
Can you explain how not having carbs or sugars can reek havoc on ketosis? I'm curious and though my coach is a VERY sweet girl she is not a trained medical professional of any sort and has only been on the diet 3 weeks longer than me and doesn't have the answers to all my questions! I know diet pop is usually sweetened with aspartame and my coach told me it was a no no but I see a lot of people on here talking about drinking it so that confuses me as well.
You really need to read Dr. Tran's booklet. The link to the pdf can be found at the bottom of the first post on each and every daily thread. If you have a coach whose not giving you information about what is happening to you, this should make EVERYTHING crystal clear.
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #101  

Hey all I am Brenda, and I have been on IP for 5 weeks and struggling with cravings. I am also wondering why the importance of 4 cups of veggies? I got called into work and didn't have time to prepare the veggies before I left so I only had the IP shake does that hurt the diet efforts when I miss a dose of veggies. Also really tired of broccoli-I don't know how to fix other veggies and alot of them aren't available in the midwest.
Could I do an IP for Bkst, and IP for lunch and then a healthy supper and then IP for snack/dessert after supper? Thanks
downs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #102  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by downs6 View Post
Hey all I am Brenda, and I have been on IP for 5 weeks and struggling with cravings. I am also wondering why the importance of 4 cups of veggies? I got called into work and didn't have time to prepare the veggies before I left so I only had the IP shake does that hurt the diet efforts when I miss a dose of veggies. Also really tired of broccoli-I don't know how to fix other veggies and alot of them aren't available in the midwest.
Could I do an IP for Bkst, and IP for lunch and then a healthy supper and then IP for snack/dessert after supper? Thanks

Join us in the Weekend Chat... We tend to not look back or post new information on past days...
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote