Old 09-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
Sorry all. Looks like I did screw it up. I should have called this *weekend chat* So please use this through Monday morning for chat I guess?
Heya Wildflower...I don't know about anyone else. But I kinda like having Friday as a daily chat....maybe we can just have weekend chat as Saturday and Sunday. There seems to be a lot of us now and the three day chat gets quite a few pages.

Just my humble opinion though.

Hope everyone's having a good day.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:45 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
CELEBRATE WI # 10 DOWN 4, YES FOUR! It is about time. Funny thing I did nothing different, other than take that NoviLax and I exercised half of what I usually do. I ate no red meat, only chicken and fish. Go Figure! I had my blood drawn today to check my thyroid, so I will know about that on the 29th. Party tonight, I have my veggies & H2O packed and ready to PARTY!

ps. I did have a salad out this week and I said no cheese, but it came with the cheese, so I ate some of it, maybe I need a little dairy. I don't use any at all. hmmmmmmmmm
YAY! Big congrats!
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:55 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Heya Wildflower...I don't know about anyone else. But I kinda like having Friday as a daily chat....maybe we can just have weekend chat as Saturday and Sunday. There seems to be a lot of us now and the three day chat gets quite a few pages.

I think its a good idea, i do find too that by sunday there's a lot of pages to go through!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #79  

Height: 5'7'

Seriously people...someone smack me on the side of the head. I've done IP since July 15th and been totally 100% OP, never cheated...been tempted but never gave in.

So...here's what happened...I am making brownies as the base of an ice cream cake for my husband's bday party tomorrow night. I make the batter and keep reminding myself NOT to lick the bowl - I do well.

The brownies go in the oven, I check them to see if they are done by inserting a toothpick and then I PUT THE TOOTHPICK IN MY MOUTH TO SWIPE OFF THE BROWNIE! Seriously? Really? It was totally by not thinking and just falling into an old habit. And, the worst part is that it took about 1 minute to realize what I did.

I'm just annoyed with myself for not being more aware of what I was doing.

Ugh - ok, thanks for letting me confess and vent!
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Seriously people...someone smack me on the side of the head. I've done IP since July 15th and been totally 100% OP, never cheated...been tempted but never gave in.

So...here's what happened...I am making brownies as the base of an ice cream cake for my husband's bday party tomorrow night. I make the batter and keep reminding myself NOT to lick the bowl - I do well.

The brownies go in the oven, I check them to see if they are done by inserting a toothpick and then I PUT THE TOOTHPICK IN MY MOUTH TO SWIPE OFF THE BROWNIE! Seriously? Really? It was totally by not thinking and just falling into an old habit. And, the worst part is that it took about 1 minute to realize what I did.

I'm just annoyed with myself for not being more aware of what I was doing.

Ugh - ok, thanks for letting me confess and vent!
I did something similar this week...was making frozen lasagna for my daughter for lunch and somehow i got some on my hand and it was burning so i didn't think and just licked it off.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:16 PM   #81  

Love my new coach, called me today to confirm our appointment tomorrow and asked how my week went, i thought that was so sweet of her.

Oh and for anyone interested, we did bring our dog to the vet and the results are: hayfever!!! go figure. She did start scratching around the same time my allergies started, lol. Vet said its typical, nose and paw scratching and she just turned 2 and he said it never starts the first year. So she had a cortisone shot and i have some pills if she starts scratching again. She'll need shots/pills at this time of the year all her life...

Tomorrow WI, i know the scale hasn't gone down very much but at least i'm not stressed as i was with my old coach.

TMI had big problems with C again, but finally was able to go some today...what a relief....all it took is 4 probiotics yesterday (and 2 today), 3 floralax last night and 2 senakots this morning... I hate that nothing works long-term...i find something new that works and a few days later, it stops working.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:31 PM   #82  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
LOL so last weekend I'm making Pasta salad for the BBQ and I mixed it all together put the lid on and grabbed the spoon... stopped myself just before I was about to clean it off. Habits are hard to break.
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #83  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Oh and for anyone interested, we did bring our dog to the vet and the results are: hayfever!!! go figure. She did start scratching around the same time my allergies started, lol. Vet said its typical, nose and paw scratching and she just turned 2 and he said it never starts the first year. So she had a cortisone shot and i have some pills if she starts scratching again. She'll need shots/pills at this time of the year all her life...
My dog had the same sort of problem. He would rub his muzzle on the carpet and the paw made it ten times worse. After the initial shot, we were able to control it with eye drops rather than daily pills. Another option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Does anyone have any tips on remembering the supplements? I can't remember if I took mine yesterday at lunch or not, and I know I didn't today. Lunchtime is always a crazy time, but I can't take them earlier because I have to separate them from my Thyroid meds.
I have a couple of those weekly pill containers. Every Sunday I fill them up for the week. When I work outside the house, I use old prescription bottles and "pack" my days worth along with my lunch. If T is empty...I know I took my Tues. pills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBelder View Post
I've had this same question! I had a friend tell me to drink rum and diet coke. I was surprised to find that rum has 0 carbs but 97 calories a serving. I was planning on going out tonight with a few friends and wondered if this would be an OK drink if I only have a couple.
No rum, no diet coke....those are the rules. They are considered cheats. While it may not cause you to gain weight, it can sure reek havoc on the ketosis process going on in your body and stop/slow down your weight loss. Is it worth it to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
I do eat a restricted 5 times a week- usually a bar or PB soy puffs, but have since I started in May. Can thyroid conditions cause hair loss?
Thinning hair is one of the many symptoms of hypothyroidism. And as also metioned, weight loss can cause it as well. I just wanted you to be aware that the too much soy could cause the problem as well. Some of us are just more sensitive to it than others.

Quote:
I ditto that!
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
CELEBRATE WI # 10 DOWN 4, YES FOUR! It is about time. Funny thing I did nothing different, other than take that NoviLax and I exercised half of what I usually do. I ate no red meat, only chicken and fish. Go Figure! I had my blood drawn today to check my thyroid, so I will know about that on the 29th. Party tonight, I have my veggies & H2O packed and ready to PARTY!

ps. I did have a salad out this week and I said no cheese, but it came with the cheese, so I ate some of it, maybe I need a little dairy. I don't use any at all. hmmmmmmmmm

Wowee!!!! Fantasic! that is encouraging.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Thank you, I actually have two containers of instant tea... you use to be able to get it in Canada but they don't have it any more. When I go to visit my sister in Montana I pick up the instant tea, Squart (citric pop only in the NW states as well) and then all junk food with peanut butter in it... not this trip though it will be instant tea, mio, and maybe a couple of candy bars for the people at work.. I mix the instant tea (no sweetner no cal etc) with a couple of squirts of Davinci's peach syrup... gives me my iced tea kick... and the Superstore has the Arizona iced tea packets that are 0/0/0 which is kind of funny as if you look at arizona iced tea they have tonnes of sugar and cals... I use to love the Arizona flavoured waters but I can't find them in Canada either... don't know if they still make them or just that we don't import them.
I will be off for the weekend as I am taking a road trip with my girls (dogs) down to my sister's in Montana, I will try and catch up on things when I get back Sunday night. My next wi is on Monday, so will get back online with the info.

Have a good trip! I did that drive once, I went to a conference in Billings. It is a long drive and very windy. Too much Alberta between me and the border on this side. Too much Montana beween the border and Billings on the other side. I hope your dogs are good travellers but I think all dogs love going in the car.

Pat
Old 09-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #86  

Height: 5'6"

thanks everyone for your input...it was very helpful...
frankie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Good afternoon everyone. I am glad it is Friday! I dragged myself to the gym this am, even though I was upset to see my scale go up a pound for no good reason! I have been OP perfectly. Here's hoping it goes off tomorrow as water weight.
WU,Jodi, Soccermom, Yvette..very nice pictures. I was just looking at our staff pictures from last year. I will be so happy to have a new one taken in a couple of weeks.
Amusing comment at work. I was questioned when visitng a school in our district. My principal was saying that I was a good example of why someone should wear their badges. Someone piped up and said" the reason they didn't recognise her was because she has lost so much weight."
That is so great! My job involves going to different schools too. But my badge picture was taken 10 yeras ago. A little guy asked me who it was and I said it was me. He said, "oh that must have been in your younger years .

I just got another ID picture done they other day. I'm not excited to see it, I'm sure it will show I'm not in my "younger years" now!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #88  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:

I also think that this a good idea... I honestly wouldn't have noticed untill someone said something!!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #89  
Maintaining since 11/8/11

S/C/G: 170/141.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Great picture, Wuv! You look gorgeous!
pink parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #90  
I know I can

Bellamack!!! THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!
So happy for your weight loss!!!
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote