Old 09-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #61  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011weightbegone View Post
Way to go on all your weight loss, you look great. I like to follow along with your posts, you too are so helpful, and I enjoy reading about your dogs. We lost our border collie almost 2 years ago, he was a big loss to us as they are so much part of our family, so we still have no dog yet. I'm not sure if you are still wanting to have ice tea, but I saw some at Walmart. It is a ready to drink Nestea Zero in a 3.78 jug, with Splenda, also saw it the other day in a cooler in the 500ml bottles.
Thank you, I actually have two containers of instant tea... you use to be able to get it in Canada but they don't have it any more. When I go to visit my sister in Montana I pick up the instant tea, Squart (citric pop only in the NW states as well) and then all junk food with peanut butter in it... not this trip though it will be instant tea, mio, and maybe a couple of candy bars for the people at work.. I mix the instant tea (no sweetner no cal etc) with a couple of squirts of Davinci's peach syrup... gives me my iced tea kick... and the Superstore has the Arizona iced tea packets that are 0/0/0 which is kind of funny as if you look at arizona iced tea they have tonnes of sugar and cals... I use to love the Arizona flavoured waters but I can't find them in Canada either... don't know if they still make them or just that we don't import them.
I will be off for the weekend as I am taking a road trip with my girls (dogs) down to my sister's in Montana, I will try and catch up on things when I get back Sunday night. My next wi is on Monday, so will get back online with the info.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #62  
Started IP July 21, 2011

S/C/G: 168/143.8/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
CELEBRATE WI # 10 DOWN 4, YES FOUR! It is about time. Funny thing I did nothing different, other than take that NoviLax and I exercised half of what I usually do. I ate no red meat, only chicken and fish. Go Figure! I had my blood drawn today to check my thyroid, so I will know about that on the 29th. Party tonight, I have my veggies & H2O packed and ready to PARTY!

ps. I did have a salad out this week and I said no cheese, but it came with the cheese, so I ate some of it, maybe I need a little dairy. I don't use any at all. hmmmmmmmmm

Congrats, Bellamack!!! You sooooo deserved that good WI!!! Maybe your body will start kicking in now. Kudos to you for sticking with it!
soccermom9799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
CELEBRATE WI # 10 DOWN 4, YES FOUR! It is about time. Funny thing I did nothing different, other than take that NoviLax and I exercised half of what I usually do. I ate no red meat, only chicken and fish. Go Figure! I had my blood drawn today to check my thyroid, so I will know about that on the 29th. Party tonight, I have my veggies & H2O packed and ready to PARTY!

ps. I did have a salad out this week and I said no cheese, but it came with the cheese, so I ate some of it, maybe I need a little dairy. I don't use any at all. hmmmmmmmmm
WAHOO!!!!! That is so awesome!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #64  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

WOO HOO, way to go Bella. You must feel GGGRRREEEAAATTT I know I would

Last edited by YvetteSki; 09-09-2011 at 04:17 PM.
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #65  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
Also, my bruising issue has returned, and my hair is falling out more than usual. I feel like I'm shedding.
Just a thought. Do you consume a lot of the IP products with soy as the main ingredient? I am hypothyroid and on medication. When I first started IP, I had a slight problem with hair loss that went away after a few weeks. Most of the IP products have some soy but I have to stay away from the pancakes, crepes, cereal and unfortunately the bars too. Years ago, before I knew I had a thyroid problem, I began a soy based drink program. I lost so much hair.....I cried everyday in the shower when I saw the handfull of hair that I'd lost that day. We learn our lessons the hard way!
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #66  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:

Yeah......!!!! Full panel?
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Does anyone have any tips on remembering the supplements? I can't remember if I took mine yesterday at lunch or not, and I know I didn't today. Lunchtime is always a crazy time, but I can't take them earlier because I have to separate them from my Thyroid meds.

I'm also so glad that some of the PP here have experienced good results with this program with thryoid issues. I had mine surgically removed several years ago and blamed it a lot for my weight issues.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Post Day 5

Hello Fellow IPers,
I am day 5 on my restart of IP. I must admit this time is much easier than the first time. Guess cause I know what to expect. I weighed myself this morning and was down 12 lbs. Like you NavyMommy, I weigh myself twice just to make sure it is right. I know a lot of the weight loss is water, but it is a good motivator.
Monday is my "official" WI day, although I am doing IP this time on my own with alternative products. The weekends are hard, just because things are less structed.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
nursemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Does anyone have any tips on remembering the supplements? I can't remember if I took mine yesterday at lunch or not, and I know I didn't today. Lunchtime is always a crazy time, but I can't take them earlier because I have to separate them from my Thyroid meds.

I'm also so glad that some of the PP here have experienced good results with this program with thryoid issues. I had mine surgically removed several years ago and blamed it a lot for my weight issues.
I also have thyroid issues and IP works really for people with hypothyroidism. Before IP, I ate right, exercised 4-5x/wk and wouldn't lose a pound. When I did IP the first time, I lost 37 lbs in 3 months. Through my own foolishness(didn't phase off properly and thought I could eat anything I wanted), I gained back 26 of those pounds. Oh well, lessons learned. Can't change the past, just learn from my mistakes and move on. Hence, I am Day 5 on my restart IP and have already lost 12 lbs - (I know lot of it is water weight).

About the supplements: I pack mine with right on top of my lunch. So when I take the out my lunch, I take the supplements.
nursemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

YAY!!!! That is so awsome!! I know you have been real frustrated about your losses. Im so happy for you
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 186/178/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiM View Post
Ok, I need advice. Our biggest business associates flew in from Norway last night and we have to take them to dinner tonight. We live in a small town and have already made reservations for the local "nice" restaurant to make Prime Rib and he is serving potatoes with a noodle dish for the side.
I know the owner so I am going to talk to him and see if he has other sides we can choose from for me. I know he does a awesome asparagus so that's what I'm going to ask for... but I am not sure if prime rib is allowed.

Also, are there any types of alcohol that are allowed?? They are big drinkers and expect us to drink with them.
I've had this same question! I had a friend tell me to drink rum and diet coke. I was surprised to find that rum has 0 carbs but 97 calories a serving. I was planning on going out tonight with a few friends and wondered if this would be an OK drink if I only have a couple.
TeamBelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:15 PM   #72  
fatmommynomore

Good afternoon Ladies! I have my WI Monday and I want to see some results. Have a great weekend everyone. You are all such strong women. I didn't get a chance to get on like I wanted to until this afternoon. You all keep me inspired and going. Thank you!
Changetoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Just a thought. Do you consume a lot of the IP products with soy as the main ingredient? I am hypothyroid and on medication. When I first started IP, I had a slight problem with hair loss that went away after a few weeks. Most of the IP products have some soy but I have to stay away from the pancakes, crepes, cereal and unfortunately the bars too. Years ago, before I knew I had a thyroid problem, I began a soy based drink program. I lost so much hair.....I cried everyday in the shower when I saw the handfull of hair that I'd lost that day. We learn our lessons the hard way!
I do eat a restricted 5 times a week- usually a bar or PB soy puffs, but have since I started in May. Can thyroid conditions cause hair loss?
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #74  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good afternoon everyone. I am glad it is Friday! I dragged myself to the gym this am, even though I was upset to see my scale go up a pound for no good reason! I have been OP perfectly. Here's hoping it goes off tomorrow as water weight.
WU,Jodi, Soccermom, Yvette..very nice pictures. I was just looking at our staff pictures from last year. I will be so happy to have a new one taken in a couple of weeks.
Amusing comment at work. I was questioned when visitng a school in our district. My principal was saying that I was a good example of why someone should wear their badges. Someone piped up and said" the reason they didn't recognise her was because she has lost so much weight."
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:28 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 186/178/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
I do eat a restricted 5 times a week- usually a bar or PB soy puffs, but have since I started in May. Can thyroid conditions cause hair loss?
Thyroid conditions do often cause hair loss, but so does rapid weight loss. Since this diet effects your pancreas it also effects hormone levels which also causes hair loss. I would think once your body gets used to it the hair loss should stop. My guess is that it is related to thyroid issues.
TeamBelder is offline   Reply With Quote