Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #106  
OP 6/5/11

S/C/G: 252/197/195

Height: 6'3"

Good afternoon all. Sounds like it was a mixed bag this weekend for highs and lows, but it is good to see all the support and encouragement. I've had an odd last eight days or so in terms of weight loss - I was feeling a bit stalled or at least very slowed-down and then 8 pounds dropped off almost overnight; weird, but I won't argue. The only aberrant behavior on my part was eating an off plan but light meal Saturday for lunch while attending a seminar. It was avoidable but not gracefully so, so I ate my chicken salad (with grapes), cantaloupe and watermelon chunks, salad, and one small slice of homemade bread (no butter). I passed on the chocolate cake, so I figured it would all work out. Sunday back on plan and today I'm at my lowest weight in my recent memory - at least 20 years. Perhaps my body needs to have an occasional shock treatment to get going again?

Anyway, it is great to be losing weight, losing inches, wearing clothes from way back in the closet and feeling as good as I have in a long time.

Stay Strong!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:27 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Kelly- I have been talking about how I discovered that sometimes a good shock will result in a good drop. I haven't done if off plan, but I found some ways to shake things up OP and it works for me.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:43 PM   #108  

Height: 5'4"

I sometimes wish I had enough guts to go off plan and see if it would work for me. In my head it is just going to push me further back so I don't even try it.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #109  

I'm glad to hear everyone handled the ups and downs of the weekend. I'm in New Jersey and we got hit pretty bad. In fact today was supposed to be my weigh-in, but I can't reach the office by phone and definitely not by car. I tried to find an alternative site to get packets, only to be detoured back home. Ahhhhhhhhh I'm running out of my essential packets and will be left with restricted and things I didn't like. HELP!!

Last edited by sle1961; 08-29-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:52 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gika View Post
Wait, do you mean that you took it last night and it hasn't done anything yet? Did you take 2tbs or the whole bottle?

I took the recommended 2tbsp for a few days and it did nothing. At one point I took the whole bottle, and that DID what it was supposed to do. (though I was miserable for about 2 days)
No by this morning it already had worked its magic. Thank goodness. I took about 5 oz. cuz I was afraid to take all 10. It said to take anywhere between 6.5-10 in 24 hrs. Do you know how often it is okay to do this?
Old 08-29-2011, 06:20 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 159.8/142.2/135

Height: 5ft 2

Good Evening IP Family!! I feel AWESOME since taking the salt and water..WOW..is it possible that the lack of salt can make a person feel so ill
Anyway just finished a nice beef stir fry(YUMMY)...this is the onlyI'm allowed on this plan!! LOL
Just wondering if anyone knows if Atkins shake is equal to Ip shake?
Old 08-29-2011, 06:40 PM   #112  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenasg1 View Post
Good Evening IP Family!! I feel AWESOME since taking the salt and water..WOW..is it possible that the lack of salt can make a person feel so ill
Anyway just finished a nice beef stir fry(YUMMY)...this is the onlyI'm allowed on this plan!! LOL
Just wondering if anyone knows if Atkins shake is equal to Ip shake?
I went through the exact same thing last week Sheena...odd feeling isn't it when things suddenly flip. Glad you're feeling better!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:00 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 159.8/142.2/135

Height: 5ft 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
I went through the exact same thing last week Sheena...odd feeling isn't it when things suddenly flip. Glad you're feeling better!
Yes indeed it is, DollFaceBella!! Felt as if my checkout time was up Yikes

Where in western Canada do you live?
Old 08-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
No by this morning it already had worked its magic. Thank goodness. I took about 5 oz. cuz I was afraid to take all 10. It said to take anywhere between 6.5-10 in 24 hrs. Do you know how often it is okay to do this?

No, I don't really know how often you could do it, but honestly I wouldn't think it's a good idea to do it often, it really is kind of harsh. What I did after the initial "clean-out" with the magnesium citrate was to try and find something that would help me stay regular. I've tried a couple of things, the last one being Novi-Lax. I hadn't tried it because my clinic doesn't offer it so I had to get it by other means. I've only used it twice (with good results), but I feel like I still need some fine-tuning on the dose/timing. Among the things that I tried are: CALM, colace, Naturalax, senna. Out of all those, Naturalax was pretty good, but it said on the label not to use for more than a week since it can cause dependence.

So yeah, basically my advise is now that you've gone through the magnesium citrate clean out, try to find something that keeps you regular so that you don't have to do it again. Other people here have mentioned the psyllium husk, and acidophillus.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:32 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
Welcome back and good luck through the first few trying days/weeks. I just wanted to say hey because I am also between pregnancies and wanting to be at my goal before trying to conceive sometime this winter/next spring.
Thank you and hello to you Wildflower!
Rachelle
Old 08-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gika View Post
No, I don't really know how often you could do it, but honestly I wouldn't think it's a good idea to do it often, it really is kind of harsh. What I did after the initial "clean-out" with the magnesium citrate was to try and find something that would help me stay regular. I've tried a couple of things, the last one being Novi-Lax. I hadn't tried it because my clinic doesn't offer it so I had to get it by other means. I've only used it twice (with good results), but I feel like I still need some fine-tuning on the dose/timing. Among the things that I tried are: CALM, colace, Naturalax, senna. Out of all those, Naturalax was pretty good, but it said on the label not to use for more than a week since it can cause dependence.

So yeah, basically my advise is now that you've gone through the magnesium citrate clean out, try to find something that keeps you regular so that you don't have to do it again. Other people here have mentioned the psyllium husk, and acidophillus.
I had this problem last time with IP. My coach is a naturopathic doctor, so her recommendations that I used were stimulant laxative free: increase spinach at night, castor oil pack 3-4 times a week (never had time to do that more than twice in 5 months), Miralax, tryphala capsules, and my favorite solution...a colonic. I went to a naturopathic college for a more reasonable rate and felt so much better (when all else failed).
Old 08-29-2011, 08:07 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
There are but won't i need to pay the consultation fee again?

I don't know if this is standard practice or not, but when I paid my initial fee my coach told me I could then go to any clinic I wanted to without repaying. We discussed it because that clinic is close to my daughter's house where I was cat sitting at the time but farther from my house.

Pat
Old 08-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #118  

Does anyone know if the SodaStream Sodamix system is okay with IP?
Looks like its sweetened with Splenda.
My birthday is coming up soon and I'm considering gifts to ask for

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:52 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Sooo disappointed, only lost 1.6lbs My coach can't believe it, she's going to call the dr. that looks over for our region as she's NEVER seen anything like this. She thinks that for some reason, my body just isn't eliminating anything. I told her that in the past few years, any diet i tried, i just couldn't lose any weight so here we go again. As much as i don't want to give up....i'm starting to wonder what's the point...
You've lost almost 20 pounds in 4 weeks, or average 5 lbs/week. I think those numbers are fantastic. Your body is likely readjusting after dumping so much the first couple weeks. Keep at it!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #120  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Glad u r all well! No power again today.....emptied out fridge. If no power tmr will need to empty out freezers too! Bummer! Most Restaurants closed too, so eating well has been a challenge. Just trying to survive for now......at least we r all safe n sound! No damage to house either....thankfully! Hoping tmr is a better day! I miss my computer! Have to keep charging cell phone in my vehicle! Jeez! Oh well, things could ALWAYS b worse! Good nite all!
Closed Thread