Thursday June 9, 2011 Daily chat thread - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #1  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Thursday June 9, 2011 Daily chat thread

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- lintroduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 06-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Hope everyone is having a terrific Thursday... Make healthy choices and you will be glad you did... Have a great OP day everyone!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-09-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #3  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

So last night I heard a guy joking about how the fat lady hasn't sung yet, and I used to joke about how I was not going to sing. This time I didn't...because you know what? I may not be where I want to be...but I don't think I fit the description of the fat lady singing! Might be the chubby lady, but not the fat one
Old 06-09-2011, 09:23 AM   #4  
Turbo Fire 1.23.12

S/C/G: SW:171 GW:135

Height: 5'3

Default Intro

Hello! Today is my first day on IP. I'm very excited to start this program. I got my mother to sign up and she has been on IP for 2 weeks now and has lost 13 lbs already so I am very happy for her. A few co-workers have done this program so I know it works. I just have to stay focused and dedicated. I have 36 lbs to lose and I am hoping to be close to my goal weight in time for a vacation I have coming up in September.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Thursday! I'm so glad the weekend is almost here...

I'm feeling good today. My stomach issues are cleared up. I even woke up hungry today- so breakfast was less of a trial. The scale is moving again, which is very nice.

I had to hit the grocery store early this morning because the vegetable crsipers were empty but for a few limp pieces of celery and some carrots. I nearly fainted!

We're having a staff lunch out today- so I get to run the gauntlet of restaurant fare. I guess I'll have my protein at lunch and a packet for supper.

Willpower NSV for me- I had a rough day at work yesterday- and an extra long one. When I got home I noticed a text from my girlfriends who were out for drinks. Man, I wanted a drink (or 5) but I sipped my water and let them do all the eating and drinking. It was fine. I left feeling quite proud

On the downer side, none of them mentioned my weight loss- if they even noticed. I'm not really that disappointed because they've seen me at every weight since high school, but I had a small hope that someone would say something. Things like that just get me wondering if the 25 lbs I've lost doesn't really show the way I perceive it. Blah!

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk2011 View Post
Hello! Today is my first day on IP. I'm very excited to start this program. I got my mother to sign up and she has been on IP for 2 weeks now and has lost 13 lbs already so I am very happy for her. A few co-workers have done this program so I know it works. I just have to stay focused and dedicated. I have 36 lbs to lose and I am hoping to be close to my goal weight in time for a vacation I have coming up in September.

IP is a great program!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Good Morninnnnnnnnng Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay I am SUPER tired this morning and yet I want to be filled with energy so I am trying to cheer myself up!

I read yesterday's posts..and I noticed that some of you were talking about a A particular person..and that triggered my curiosity so I will be searching for those threads LOL
I am also VERY happy to hear that some of you are feeling better…it was a weird week for our bodies I think!
Tomorrow is my 2nd weigh in and I am a bit nervous. I have been fluctuating all week and I have stayed OP! I hope I at least lose 1-2 lbs so I can stay in the draw to win a trip (yupppp because at my centre where I get my products and do my weekly WI you can have 2 coupons a month until august to enter to win a trip for 2 somewhere in the SOUTH! You have to stay on plan, lose weight, go every week for your wi and so on and we have this passport booklet that she stamps and it gives you 100 points a week (500 if you refer someone) and when you reach a certain amount of points you can trade them for a gift! Anyway it is pretty neat and it keeps you focused! so ya I WANT THAT TRIP so I NEEEED to lose at least 1 lbs!)

Onto some more fun stuff the RIHANNA concert!!!!SHEESH MAURICE was she ever AWESOME and HOT! Ouff!! She’s got some serious sex appeal going on! B.O.B opened up for her which was a surprise because we were expecting CEE-LO !

Anyway I did feel a weird moment though at one point..I had my sister in law on one side and a friend on the other and both are tiny..and there I was in the middle with my fat legs and a bigger body and they were rocking some hot outfits while I was in my jeans and a cute top but didn’t feel as good when I noticed the difference between our leg size..but at the same time that made it even more clear that I needed to continue and loooose it ALL.
I want to have fun in my 20’s and not regret not wearing cute things and feeling left out because I am fat. NOHUH Okay enough caps lock for today I think :P

So here goes another awesome IP day and I wish that everyone of you take the time and look at yourself and congratulate yourself for all the hardwork you are putting into this it is SO worth it
Old 06-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #8  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post

I'm feeling good today. My stomach issues are cleared up. I even woke up hungry today- so breakfast was less of a trial. The scale is moving again, which is very nice.

I had to hit the grocery store early this morning because the vegetable crsipers were empty but for a few limp pieces of celery and some carrots. I nearly fainted!

We're having a staff lunch out today- so I get to run the gauntlet of restaurant fare. I guess I'll have my protein at lunch and a packet for supper.

Willpower NSV for me- I had a rough day at work yesterday- and an extra long one. When I got home I noticed a text from my girlfriends who were out for drinks. Man, I wanted a drink (or 5) but I sipped my water and let them do all the eating and drinking. It was fine. I left feeling quite proud

On the downer side, none of them mentioned my weight loss- if they even noticed. I'm not really that disappointed because they've seen me at every weight since high school, but I had a small hope that someone would say something. Things like that just get me wondering if the 25 lbs I've lost doesn't really show the way I perceive it. Blah!

Hey Cindy!! WTG for NOT having any drinks but water last night. Great will power .

I know exactly how you feel about your friends not noticing your 25 lbs weight loss. I had the same thing happen to me last weekend with my dad and step mom. They've seen me at all kinds of weight too and I figured with my 24 lbs loss they would have noticed. But they didn't and kinda made me feel pretty bad because I was doing another diet. They saw me eat my packets and said OH NO, not another diet. And they didn't even ask me about it, nothing!!! So I was pretty disappointed. But I decided that I'm not gonna let them bring me down. I'm not doing this for them, but for me. So hopefully you can think the same way and eventually they will notice and say something positive about it. All the best!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 163/163/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning everyone!
I went to my first IP meeting last night and I am going to start the diet Monday. I am so excited! The meeting was so impressive and was very inspiring to see all the pictures of peoples before and after!

But Now I feel like I want to eat everything insite just because I know I wont be able to next week! lol
Old 06-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning! It's been a busy week at work, and I have been trying to get some outside projects done at home since the weather has been so nice. I got the pool open and have been painting outside furniture and cleaning everything outside. I love spring and summer!

My scale has been teasing me all week! I was at 159.6 Sunday morning fully clothed (no shoes). But it has crept back up slowly all week. My official weigh in this morning has me at 161.0. I needed 160 to start Phase two. So close!! My BMI is 25.2, which is almost in the healthy range. Close again. But I did hit some important milestones! Tomorrow, I will have been on IP for 4 months. And I have officially lost 50 lbs!! So even with the minor disappointment of not going to Phase 2 yet, I still had a 2.4 lb loss. And really what's another week? I have a lifetime, and hopefully it will be longer because I will be healthier!

Have a great day!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #11  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Well I went and had a visit with my trainer last night. Remember I was saying that I had 2 of them. Well I made an apt with the original trainer as the second one is in trainer and I wanted some feedback from the first trainer. I told her I started the 4 packets a day. She said she supported me in my decision but had never heard of it. She did say she has a seminar in Toronto in a few weeks for IP, so she will be asking them about it. But she also recommended that I start taking Omega III, Anti-Oxy and Enzymes. I don't know much about it. Can anyone tell me what are the benefits to taking them. I just feel like I'm taking so many supplements already along with my BP meds. Also suggested that I take a Novi-Cleanse. Has anybody else used this yet and what are the benefits.

It's a pretty gloomy day here again!! Yesterday morning it was raining but cleared up in the afternoon and it was 29 degrees celsius and today it's overcast and only 15 degrees celsius. So a big difference.

Well wishing everybody a good OP day.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:34 AM   #12  
Turbo Fire 1.23.12

S/C/G: SW:171 GW:135

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andria03 View Post
Good Morning everyone!
I went to my first IP meeting last night and I am going to start the diet Monday. I am so excited! The meeting was so impressive and was very inspiring to see all the pictures of peoples before and after!

But Now I feel like I want to eat everything insite just because I know I wont be able to next week! lol
I did this. I went to my first meeting and bought all of my food before my vacation. Since I knew I would be starting once I returned from my vacation I ate everything, I actually got tired of all the junk food. I even gained 5 lbs Ah well. It's all over now and the scale can only go down from here.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #13  

Quote:
Welcome to the forum! You'll look hot on vacation!!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:42 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I am missing Browneyes and Sugadiva...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
So last night I heard a guy joking about how the fat lady hasn't sung yet, and I used to joke about how I was not going to sing. This time I didn't...because you know what? I may not be where I want to be...but I don't think I fit the description of the fat lady singing! Might be the chubby lady, but not the fat one
It's funny how we tend to put ourselves down like that and how those messages affect our self-esteem and progress! I am so glad that you no longer feel the need to put yourself down and that you are ready to let your spirit soar! You will rock this diet now! You are so ready! I would say that is one BIG NSV!

Quote:
Congratulations on starting the program! Hang tough during this first week and the best is yet to come! Congrats to your mom on her progress too! You will reach your goal for your vacation and you will be so happy in your new body!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post

I am so happy for you that you are feeling better! You should be so proud of yourself for the willpower that you displayed while out with your friends. I am wishing you a great WI as a reward for that! You really deserve it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
Good Morninnnnnnnnng Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay I am SUPER tired this morning and yet I want to be filled with energy so I am trying to cheer myself up!

I read yesterday's posts..and I noticed that some of you were talking about a A particular person..and that triggered my curiosity so I will be searching for those threads LOL
I am also VERY happy to hear that some of you are feeling better…it was a weird week for our bodies I think!
Tomorrow is my 2nd weigh in and I am a bit nervous. I have been fluctuating all week and I have stayed OP! I hope I at least lose 1-2 lbs so I can stay in the draw to win a trip (yupppp because at my centre where I get my products and do my weekly WI you can have 2 coupons a month until august to enter to win a trip for 2 somewhere in the SOUTH! You have to stay on plan, lose weight, go every week for your wi and so on and we have this passport booklet that she stamps and it gives you 100 points a week (500 if you refer someone) and when you reach a certain amount of points you can trade them for a gift! Anyway it is pretty neat and it keeps you focused! so ya I WANT THAT TRIP so I NEEEED to lose at least 1 lbs!)

Onto some more fun stuff the RIHANNA concert!!!!SHEESH MAURICE was she ever AWESOME and HOT! Ouff!! She’s got some serious sex appeal going on! B.O.B opened up for her which was a surprise because we were expecting CEE-LO !

Anyway I did feel a weird moment though at one point..I had my sister in law on one side and a friend on the other and both are tiny..and there I was in the middle with my fat legs and a bigger body and they were rocking some hot outfits while I was in my jeans and a cute top but didn’t feel as good when I noticed the difference between our leg size..but at the same time that made it even more clear that I needed to continue and loooose it ALL.
I want to have fun in my 20’s and not regret not wearing cute things and feeling left out because I am fat. NOHUH Okay enough caps lock for today I think :P

So here goes another awesome IP day and I wish that everyone of you take the time and look at yourself and congratulate yourself for all the hardwork you are putting into this it is SO worth it
Good luck on your WI!

Hang in there and you will be rocking a new body and hot outfits with your SIL and friend before you know it!

It's funny that you mention your 20's because I almost feel like I "wasted" most of my 30's being so heavy and what a shame that I couldn't get it under control sooner. But what's done is done! ...and at least I have my family from my 30's, which is the most important thing in the world for me! Now, I will live the rest of my 40's feeling like a 30-year-old! I am like Demi Moore (and please don't ask who that is! LOL!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andria03 View Post
Good Morning everyone!

Good luck! You can do it! We are here for you when you need us!

If you feel that you need to eat certain foods to "get them out of your system" before starting, then by all means do it (I sure did!) but consider that the more of it that you have in your system, the harder it may on those first few days when you "detox" from all of that "junk" in your system! However, it is different for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Good Morning! It's been a busy week at work, and I have been trying to get some outside projects done at home since the weather has been so nice. I got the pool open and have been painting outside furniture and cleaning everything outside. I love spring and summer!

My scale has been teasing me all week! I was at 159.6 Sunday morning fully clothed (no shoes). But it has crept back up slowly all week. My official weigh in this morning has me at 161.0. I needed 160 to start Phase two. So close!! My BMI is 25.2, which is almost in the healthy range. Close again. But I did hit some important milestones! Tomorrow, I will have been on IP for 4 months. And I have officially lost 50 lbs!! So even with the minor disappointment of not going to Phase 2 yet, I still had a 2.4 lb loss. And really what's another week? I have a lifetime, and hopefully it will be longer because I will be healthier!

Have a great day!
Aaaah! So close! How frustrating! You will be there before you know it. If the scale doesn't cooperate next week, you should consider trying phase II anyways as some report doing better when they switch to phase II. This has not been the case for me yet, but it is my own fault. I had another slip (as you may have read).

I am hoping for the whoosh fairy to visit me soon so that I can move on to phase III. Although, moving on scares me a little. I like routine and habit and have gotten used to this. Also, I feel insecure about living and eating in the real world again. I know that I now have the tools to "fix" my slip ups but still... I am nervous... especially after messing up so badly this week! ...but I think I've learned my lesson (I sure hope I have)! I kept changing my goal between 135 and 144 but I have decided that I am quite happy with the way that I am now, so I am going to go another 5 lbs (in case I go up by about that much when my glucogen stores refill) and I will phase off. I am looking forward to following your progress too! Maybe we'll reach goal around the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
Well I went and had a visit with my trainer last night. Remember I was saying that I had 2 of them. Well I made an apt with the original trainer as the second one is in trainer and I wanted some feedback from the first trainer. I told her I started the 4 packets a day. She said she supported me in my decision but had never heard of it. She did say she has a seminar in Toronto in a few weeks for IP, so she will be asking them about it. But she also recommended that I start taking Omega III, Anti-Oxy and Enzymes. I don't know much about it. Can anyone tell me what are the benefits to taking them. I just feel like I'm taking so many supplements already along with my BP meds. Also suggested that I take a Novi-Cleanse. Has anybody else used this yet and what are the benefits.

It's a pretty gloomy day here again!! Yesterday morning it was raining but cleared up in the afternoon and it was 29 degrees celsius and today it's overcast and only 15 degrees celsius. So a big difference.

Well wishing everybody a good OP day.
I take Omega III but not the IP brand... I have been curious about the enzymes but the cost has kept me away... if I take everything, it ends up being 5 types of supplements at $20 each + packets, which I just find too steep for my budget. I have seen digestive enzymes at the pharmacy though (for far less money)... I don't know!

Many have posted about the Novi-Cleanse. From what I've seen, you either love it or you hate it. I am afraid to do a cleanse because I normally (prior to IP) have a very sensitive digestive system to begin with and suffered from chronic D. I am terrified of cleanses and refuse to try any! I seem to have so many food intolerances that I don't really need a cleanse, I can just eat something that ends in "-ose" and will act like a cleanse anyways (except that it also causes inflammation and we don't want that)!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-09-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning/more like noon time to all of you. One more morning. I have downed 30+ oz of water, had an egg white omelet. I am hungry this week and I don't know why!? Still, I have controlled it pretty well without any cheats.
We are moving this weekend, so I figured I could grab my RTD drinks for the road and when I get hungry.

Any fast food places with good salads that are IP friendly?
Closed Thread