Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 09:32 AM   #31  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Good morning all, finally am over my half way point. So exciting, only 6 more lbs to be at -40!!!!!!!! Had an extremely rough weekend, and emotional (damn you TOM), but didn't cheat, even though i baked a crap load of cookies for everyone in my golf tourney. Ahhh well!!!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:34 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Found this on a friend's facebook, it is very interesting, 25 lessons on her way to getting healthy, Enjoy a lot of what she says fits here too!

http:\\briannawesthaver.blogspot.com/2011/08/50-gone-25-lessons-25-successes.html
I loved the blog post! So much of that is true and I think many of us can probably relate to those items. I really want to start my own blog... on "dieting," life, cooking, crafting, motherhood, etc. etc. Just don't have the time. I'm bound and determined to start one soon though!!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:36 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone

I swear it never fails....EVERY monday i weight 2lbs more than i did on sunday and feel heavy and bloated and of course, mondays are WI. I was down 3lbs so far this week so now it will be barely 1lb again and my coach is going to think i cheated again, sigh....
Old 08-29-2011, 09:36 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I feel like I could shout this from the rooftops but I only sent a text to my hubby because nobody else would really care anyway.....except my friends here. I unofficially hit 30 pounds exactly this morning and I am now half way to goal! It's all down hill from here! (In a good way!) Something about losing 30 sounds much better than losing 20 to me for some reason. And I'm sure 40 will feel even better and so on. So, I'm just a little excited this morning. Crossing my fingers it takes a few friends by official weigh in Thursday!

Have a great Monday!
YAY!! Thats great!!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:37 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I feel like I could shout this from the rooftops but I only sent a text to my hubby because nobody else would really care anyway.....except my friends here. I unofficially hit 30 pounds exactly this morning and I am now half way to goal! It's all down hill from here! (In a good way!) Something about losing 30 sounds much better than losing 20 to me for some reason. And I'm sure 40 will feel even better and so on. So, I'm just a little excited this morning. Crossing my fingers it takes a few friends by official weigh in Thursday!

Have a great Monday!
That's fantastic! Good for you!!

Sad thing happened in my neighborhood last weekend. The best thrift store in the area closed down on Saturday. It was a "boutique" type thrift store with better quality clothes and antiques. I am so bummed. The only good thing was you could get all the clothes you could fit into a grocery bag for $10 so I loaded up on size 10 pants, which I assume I'll be wearing when I get to goal. I wish my clinic would do a clothing exchange. I'll soon be out of clothes and need smaller sizes and I have so many nice 14/16 that I could give to someone else.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello everybody,

It was the worst weekend ever for me, the worst cheat I could have ever imagined putting myself through . I blame it all on my TOM, it was awful, it gave me the worst craving and I ate all the wrong things, starting with sweets: candies, biscuits, fruits, and ending with carbs: bread and pasta and to top it all, I ate a lot.

Obviously, today, the scale showed a huge difference, I gained 6 whole pounds! God ! It surely sucks to be a woman sometimes.

Now, back to the program, but what a bad timing to gain the 6 lb, I have a wedding on this coming Sunday and I was dreaming of hitting -40 pounds, instead, now I gained ((.

Hope everybody did better than me.
Yes TOM can mess with your for sure. I know when I cheated I was up a whole 5 lbs overnight. Im sure you didn't gain 6 lbs of fat tho. It is probably a lot of bloating from eating all the junk. You may have bathroom problems also for the next few days. Just start back OP today and it should go away within a week. I know it took me 6 days to get it all off again. You probably will have a carb hangover for the next few days too It is not fun for sure but at least it will make you rethink next time the urge strikes. I know I sure did!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:48 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
Good morning all, finally am over my half way point. So exciting, only 6 more lbs to be at -40!!!!!!!! Had an extremely rough weekend, and emotional (damn you TOM), but didn't cheat, even though i baked a crap load of cookies for everyone in my golf tourney. Ahhh well!!!!!
I'm hoping to hit -40 myself this week. I can't believe you baked a crapload of cookies and didn't eat a single one! You are a stronger woman than I! Good for you!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:

Have a great Monday!
WAY TO GO - Half way is such a great feeling!

Quote:
Hello everybody,

It was the worst weekend ever for me, the worst cheat I could have ever imagined putting myself through . I blame it all on my TOM, it was awful, it gave me the worst craving and I ate all the wrong things, starting with sweets: candies, biscuits, fruits, and ending with carbs: bread and pasta and to top it all, I ate a lot.

Obviously, today, the scale showed a huge difference, I gained 6 whole pounds! God ! It surely sucks to be a woman sometimes.

Now, back to the program, but what a bad timing to gain the 6 lb, I have a wedding on this coming Sunday and I was dreaming of hitting -40 pounds, instead, now I gained ((.

I'm sorry that you're weekend is so tough, I'm sure it's not 6 lbs of fat but rather some water weight due to the carbs. Don't stress to much about it, jump back on the bandwagon, you can sit by me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebeth7 View Post
And thank you, because your post made me realize that with yesterday's weigh-in, I am now more than halfway to MY goal, too! I am now 56 pounds into a planned 100 pound weight loss for me. I have a mini-goal for 6 weeks from now and 16 pounds left to go on that, but my plan is to keep on going on Phase II. I have been on Phase I since May, and I don't think that I can or should do it more than the 6 months I will have been on strict Phase I... some foods I am just missing too much.
Another half wayer today! Way to go!

So I cooked up some cauliflower (half with broccoli and chedder soup sprinkled on it and half as rice. I fed the 'rice' to the VIP without telling him it wasn't really 'rice'...he asked for more 'rice'....HAHAHA I did tell him because I couldn't quite smiling. He said that he knew there was SOME cauliflower in it but he didn't know that's all it was. He agreed he was 'busted' and now I can feed it to him whenever...even his 8 year old son thought it was funny (he likes cauliflower). It was cute, so I had to share.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Ishbel; 08-29-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:58 AM   #39  

I can tell TOM must be lurking. I have been real emotional all weekend and the cravings have been insane! I think I scared my husband yesterday when I blurted out that I just wanted a big steak and a ball of carbs. I don't care what kind just carbs! He didn't know what to say and that is a first for him. I will be ok tho.
On the plus side my 11 year old daughter asked if I could make Kale chips for her. I thought that was great that she likes them so much. I made 8 cups but after they shrunk it was more like 4 cups. She had them gone in about 3 hours! I do love that they can be made on a dehydrator tho and I don't have to worry about burning them.
I think I am going to have to make up a big pot of veggie soup to keep on hand. With Fall already starting in SD I have been craving more soups and filling fall foods. I also have to weigh in on Wed instead of today so I hope the woosh fairy comes up North.

Congrats on all the great losses and NSV's. Have a wonderful day everyone
Old 08-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Found this on a friend's facebook, it is very interesting, 25 lessons on her way to getting healthy, Enjoy a lot of what she says fits here too!

http:\\briannawesthaver.blogspot.com/2011/08/50-gone-25-lessons-25-successes.html
Thank you for sharing. It brought tears to my eyes, I was so happy for this woman I have never met! It really reminded my to keep my focus and keep plugging away.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:09 AM   #41  

Quote:
Hello everybody,

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get right back on plan. You will probably have the cravings again since you are out of ketosis, but do not give in and stay the course. You can do this! We all can!
Old 08-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #42  

Does anyone else feel like it is cruel and unusual punishment that there is an advertisement for Velveeta Cheesy Skillets on the right side of the screen???
Old 08-29-2011, 10:11 AM   #43  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
I'm hoping to hit -40 myself this week. I can't believe you baked a crapload of cookies and didn't eat a single one! You are a stronger woman than I! Good for you!
I bake all the time, I just have mini freak out sessions while I have the batter on my fingers and don't lick them, my husband just laughs!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 10:19 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Morning all.

Sandra, my second weigh in I hadn't lost one ounce, because of TOM and I stayed 100% on program. It's such a challenge. Those 6 lbs will come off, but it's so demoralizing to see that number, isn't it?

Weigh in tomorrow and I'm only down 2 lbs from my last weigh in. I know that's better than nothing, but I feel like I have this short window to lose in every month because of TOM. I have been very true to the program -- I feel like I should be losing more.

I have a job interview this week and need a new suit. I'm nervous to go shopping, but I really have nothing to wear right now. My fat clothes are too big and my intermediate clothes are still a bit snug. I also need new undergarments, but wanted to wait for a bigger loss, but the old ones aren't doing the job anymore.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone,

Mother Nature has calmed and it is a beautiful day in upstate NY. I am praying that all those without power will have it restored soon and can pick up and carry on.

Itsaboutime: congrats on 30lbs and the half-way mark. I am hoping to get to 20lbs this week (keep your fingers crossed)

Made hubby a big pot of chili yesterday, oh I can't wait to eat food like that! I woke up 2x last night dreaming about Greek Yogurt, first it was Jamie Lee and the activia, now it is John STamos with the Oiko, darn commercials.

I'll check in later to see how everyone is doing
Closed Thread