Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 12:16 AM   #166  
Restarter

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130ish

Height: 5'4"

Hello! Brand new to this site and IP. I started on saturday after I watched my boss lose the lbs so quickly. I am 26, mom of 2 little ones (11 mths and 2 1/2 yrs). Very excited to start but also nervous it won't work or I won't lose fast enough! My first weigh in is friday so we'll see how that goes, i've set my goal to lose 70 lbs and I really truly believe i'll be able to do it this time! I've tried weight watchers, nutrisystem, you name it so here's to Ideal Protein! LOL
Old 10-26-2011, 12:30 AM   #167  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba09 View Post
Hello! Brand new to this site and IP. I started on saturday after I watched my boss lose the lbs so quickly. I am 26, mom of 2 little ones (11 mths and 2 1/2 yrs). Very excited to start but also nervous it won't work or I won't lose fast enough! My first weigh in is friday so we'll see how that goes, i've set my goal to lose 70 lbs and I really truly believe i'll be able to do it this time! I've tried weight watchers, nutrisystem, you name it so here's to Ideal Protein! LOL
Welcome Alba, this is a great site for support, information and recipes. This program works IF you stick to it, just remember its a NO CHEAT DIET!!!....you have to take the program one meal, one day and one lb at a time. Don't set yourself up for failure by setting a goal to be done by a certain date. Reward yourself after each 10lbs, you will be surprised how fast it comes off...Good luck
Old 10-26-2011, 09:20 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 191/191/140

Height: 5'6"

Smile thanks

thanks wuv!

i have NO plans on even taking one bite off of plan. i just need that first weigh in to releive my anxiety.

brand,

we seem to be on the same page in many ways. good luck to us and everyone!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #169  
Started IP 10/12/2011

S/C/G: 280/263/199

Height: 5'9"

Default Introduction

Hi there,

I'm Amy. I'm a 37 year old family law attorney in Austin. I came to IP after struggling with infertility for the past five years. Earlier this year I went through two IVF cycles, got pregnant both times and miscarried both times. (and promptly gained about 10-15 lbs after each miscarriage). My doctor thinks weight loss will help, so here I am.

I've tried everything to lose weight: hcg, lapband (lost and have kept off about 40lbs), weight watchers (5 times), jenny craig, south beach, atkins, etc. I've never really stuck with anything for more than two weeks.

I lost 17 (!) pounds on my first week on IP. I am hooked. I go for my next WI on Friday (two more days) and expect to be down another 5 pounds (hopefully). Only 2 more pounds than that and I will be at the weight I was when I started my first IVF (very exciting!). Then my plan is to continue on plan through the end of the year and then do another round of IVF (at which time I hope to be 12- 15% below my previous IVF weight). We shall see. I realize I have to go off program when I become pregnant, but I'm thinking I'll just be able to make some modifications (e.g. more calories, but still careful on the white carbs) and I will be able to hold off gaining non-baby weight. My doctor has recommended that I transition to the diabetes diet when that point comes.

Anywho, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and I love seeing all the support, encouragement and ideas you give each other! I also love the recipes (esp. Big Mac in a Bowl - what a treat!!!). Let me offer you one of mine.

I have a really hard time eating my lunch time veggies. SIDE NOTE: My coach was one of the ones saying I need to eat 16 oz(!) of veggies at lunch and dinner. Well, that's a lot. I could barely get down two cups! I have since had contact with IP headquarters and they have confirmed in an email (which I'm happy to share with y'all if you like) that it is 2 cups of raw vegetables (pre-cooked). And not cups by weight, but cups by measure.

Anyway, I'm having a hard time eating my lunch time veggies (and swallowing my calcium pills), so I concocted a shake (I'm having mine for breakfast). It sounds GROSS, but don't knock it til you've tried it. It tastes like a chocolate peanut butter cup.

Amy's Nasty-looking But Delicious-tasting Super Veggie Shake

In your super-powered blender (I have a montel williams machine from QVC, there are also vitamix and blendtec that I know of) combine the following in this order:

Your supplements (vitamin, calcium (2), potassium)
1 wheat grass shot - optional*
4 oz H2O
2 good handfuls (2 cups) of baby spinach
Peanut butter syrup to taste (davinci)
BLEND COMPLETELY
ADD 3-4 ice cubes
BLEND COMPLETELY
Add either:
1 chocolate drink tetrapak
OR
16 more oz of h20 and a dark chocolate pudding
MIX JUST UNTIL BLENDED

pour in cup and enjoy with a straw (but don't look at it)

*I use the wheatgrass for the antioxidants. I buy it frozen at Whole Foods. It adds 1 carb.

Enjoy!
Amy
Old 10-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 152/152/140

Height: 5'3"

Smile Week 3

Hello all,
I am currently starting week 3. Had my 2nd WI yesterday & lost 4 lbs & 3"! I was really encouraged to keep going! I noticed that I am actually starting to get hungry all of a sudden. Not sure what this is about, can anyone explain what's changing? I love love love this forum, I get so many recipes & helpful hints. Thanks to all who contribute.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #171  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amymaclamb View Post
Hi there,

I'm Amy. I lost 17 (!) pounds on my first week on IP. I am hooked.
Hi AMY,I'm wowed. 17 pounds might very well be a record; it's also what I've lost in 7 weeks. Call me traditional. Anyway, you are very welcome and thanks for sharing, too. I really wish I had my Vitamix because your drink sounds delicious to me. And if you can bet baby spinach, try it with some lemon juice for a salad. Also great.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:44 AM   #172  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amymaclamb View Post
Hi there,

I'm Amy. I'm a 37 year old family law attorney in Austin. I came to IP after struggling with infertility for the past five years. Earlier this year I went through two IVF cycles, got pregnant both times and miscarried both times. (and promptly gained about 10-15 lbs after each miscarriage). My doctor thinks weight loss will help, so here I am.

I've tried everything to lose weight: hcg, lapband (lost and have kept off about 40lbs), weight watchers (5 times), jenny craig, south beach, atkins, etc. I've never really stuck with anything for more than two weeks.

I lost 17 (!) pounds on my first week on IP. I am hooked. I go for my next WI on Friday (two more days) and expect to be down another 5 pounds (hopefully). Only 2 more pounds than that and I will be at the weight I was when I started my first IVF (very exciting!). Then my plan is to continue on plan through the end of the year and then do another round of IVF (at which time I hope to be 12- 15% below my previous IVF weight). We shall see. I realize I have to go off program when I become pregnant, but I'm thinking I'll just be able to make some modifications (e.g. more calories, but still careful on the white carbs) and I will be able to hold off gaining non-baby weight. My doctor has recommended that I transition to the diabetes diet when that point comes.

Anywho, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and I love seeing all the support, encouragement and ideas you give each other! I also love the recipes (esp. Big Mac in a Bowl - what a treat!!!). Let me offer you one of mine.

I have a really hard time eating my lunch time veggies. SIDE NOTE: My coach was one of the ones saying I need to eat 16 oz(!) of veggies at lunch and dinner. Well, that's a lot. I could barely get down two cups! I have since had contact with IP headquarters and they have confirmed in an email (which I'm happy to share with y'all if you like) that it is 2 cups of raw vegetables (pre-cooked). And not cups by weight, but cups by measure.

Anyway, I'm having a hard time eating my lunch time veggies (and swallowing my calcium pills), so I concocted a shake (I'm having mine for breakfast). It sounds GROSS, but don't knock it til you've tried it. It tastes like a chocolate peanut butter cup.

Amy's Nasty-looking But Delicious-tasting Super Veggie Shake

In your super-powered blender (I have a montel williams machine from QVC, there are also vitamix and blendtec that I know of) combine the following in this order:

Your supplements (vitamin, calcium (2), potassium)
1 wheat grass shot - optional*
4 oz H2O
2 good handfuls (2 cups) of baby spinach
Peanut butter syrup to taste (davinci)
BLEND COMPLETELY
ADD 3-4 ice cubes
BLEND COMPLETELY
Add either:
1 chocolate drink tetrapak
OR
16 more oz of h20 and a dark chocolate pudding
MIX JUST UNTIL BLENDED

pour in cup and enjoy with a straw (but don't look at it)

*I use the wheatgrass for the antioxidants. I buy it frozen at Whole Foods. It adds 1 carb.

Enjoy!
Amy
Welcome Amy and thank you for sharing your recipe with us. Looks like you have a promising agenda for your weight loss so good luck to you!! Your weight loss so far is awesome, keep it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrat View Post
Hello all,
I am currently starting week 3. Had my 2nd WI yesterday & lost 4 lbs & 3"! I was really encouraged to keep going! I noticed that I am actually starting to get hungry all of a sudden. Not sure what this is about, can anyone explain what's changing? I love love love this forum, I get so many recipes & helpful hints. Thanks to all who contribute.
Welcome Riverrat, lots of information here along with recipes and ton's of support. Your body is finally rid of all of the toxins and your stomach is thanking you for that. Make sure you are drinking lots of water and maybe get some veggies in between meals when you get hungry. You may be waiting too long to eat between your meals. Hope that helps a little, let me know if it doesn't
Old 10-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #173  

I am anxious to find out how the first week for the newbies went....lets hear from y'all!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:21 PM   #174  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Hi Everyone!! I started th IP diet on October 11 and I'm really loving it. My family has been my strongest support so far and I'm happy I found this site to talk to others on everything we are all going thru on this diet. I've had the worst year my mom passed away and I feel into a depression and the medication that I was taking made me gain a lot of weight. Now that I have been on IP, i've lost 13.5 pounds so far and I go for my 3rd WI on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend everyone and I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing our IP progress.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #175  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkp888 View Post
Hi Everyone!! I started th IP diet on October 11 and I'm really loving it. My family has been my strongest support so far and I'm happy I found this site to talk to others on everything we are all going thru on this diet. I've had the worst year my mom passed away and I feel into a depression and the medication that I was taking made me gain a lot of weight. Now that I have been on IP, i've lost 13.5 pounds so far and I go for my 3rd WI on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend everyone and I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing our IP progress.
Welcome lkp888, sorry to hear about your mom. I am glad you found this program, you will be very happy with it and your success. There is a ton of support on this site....we are all in this together
Old 10-28-2011, 05:38 PM   #176  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Welcome lkp888, sorry to hear about your mom. I am glad you found this program, you will be very happy with it and your success. There is a ton of support on this site....we are all in this together
Thank you so much wuv2bloved!!!

Last edited by lkp888; 10-28-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:41 PM   #177  

Quote:
Thank you so much wuv2bloved!!!
You are welcome, anytime you need something just look here we will help you out...i promise
Old 10-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #178  

Default First week

What up!!! This is my 3rd day to start IP and I am excited to see my results when I go weigh in. I am a 38 yr old single mother. I have a 15 year old daughter. I have tried lots of weight loss plans in the past but lose motivation everytime. My main concern on IP is that I will get tired of eating the packaged products and start cheating or that I will be hungry. Anyway here goes and I have confidence that this one will work!!!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:51 PM   #179  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabyrulz View Post
What up!!! This is my 3rd day to start IP and I am excited to see my results when I go weigh in. I am a 38 yr old single mother. I have a 15 year old daughter. I have tried lots of weight loss plans in the past but lose motivation everytime. My main concern on IP is that I will get tired of eating the packaged products and start cheating or that I will be hungry. Anyway here goes and I have confidence that this one will work!!!
WELCOME!!!!!.....you can get tired BUT if you add a little of this and that to your packages its not all that bad. I never have my packets the same way always different and I have the same packet for 7 days!!!..They key is to stay focused on what you are doing and why you are doing it!!....I never hungry and sometimes forget to eat and have to hurry and eat it.....lol...This one WORKS!!!!......but remember...THIS IS A NO CHEAT DIET!!!!!
Old 10-29-2011, 06:25 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

You are doing great! Very sorry about your mom. Glad your family is supporting you.
Closed Thread