3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Introductions to those of us on Ideal Protein (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241240-introductions-those-us-ideal-protein.html)

wuv2bloved 08-19-2011 08:21 PM

Introductions to those of us on Ideal Protein

Since the other thread was closed today by Ruthie, I figured I would start a new one. Just introduce yourself and let us know a little about yourself.

Hey there! I started IP on April 27th weighing in at 388, I want to lose 150lbs. Congrats on the mini goals being met that is a big achievement! I am Lisa, 45, in Gulfport Mississippi. I have 2 boys 19 and 23 both in college along with myself. I graduate on July 17th and hope to have a good amount of weight off. I am not putting a number because I don't know how my body will do. I have my first WI on Wednesday so we will see then.

That was my original introduction since then I can proudly say that I have now loss 65lbs in 17 weeks and still going strong. Since starting I have gotten my mom, brother and cousin all started on IP and they are doing fantastic as well. I have a lot more to go but I am not stopping .....full steam ahead!!

ItsAboutTime 08-20-2011 11:43 AM

I am Lynsey, a 29 year old mother to 2 beautiful little girls. I had about 60 pounds to lose when I started IP with alternatives on June 23rd. As of last weigh in (8-18) I was down 25lbs. This morning (8-20) I am down 27.4 and so close to half way. I am loving the program and how it makes me feel.

I am using Atkins products because of cost and, even though some say they don't compare well to IP products, I think I am losing just fine with them. My sister in law and coworker are also doing it with Atkins right now. I love the products and will continue on them unless I have a major stall or just quit losing with them. I think I can get my hubby to let me try IP products in that case because I'm going to be saving $800-$1000 each month on daycare because both girls will be in school!

Welcome to the newbies and congrats to all of those who have been around and stuck to it.

tjlhj 08-20-2011 12:43 PM

Hi ... I am Janet, I am 50 years old. I am in wk2 and am loving it so far... I am AMAZED that I can watch people eating the things I loved and I am not dying inside. I am ok with it. That is just something new for me. I have about 40 lbs to lose, but having lost 8 in wk1 I am feeling just so much better, I don't want a bite of anything that would ruin my progress.
I wanted to say hello and thanks to Lisa (wuv2bloved) for your re-introduction post, I have read so many helpful things you've written and I am glad to know more about you. Thanks and blessings on your progress. I appreciate the members who post to help us newbies! We appreciate you!!

wuv2bloved 08-20-2011 12:54 PM

You are welcome, we were all newbies at one time ourselves and we all know how much we learned from all the post we have read. I like passing on helpful information to make everything easier on everyone. This is a great program, stick to it and YOU WILL see results!

chellebee72 08-20-2011 08:57 PM

My name is Michelle. I joined back in June. I'm down 30.6lbs and 31"gone!! I'm happily married almost 20yrs in November. We have a 14yr old and almost 6yr old both boys! I'm excited to have this program in my life! I may even be at my goal by the time my anniversary arrives!!!!!!!!

pam9210 08-20-2011 09:14 PM

Hi I am Pam. I am 46 and have about 90 pounds to lose. I just went today for the seminar and signed up. I have a whole bag of stuff to read and learn. I have two daughters 17 and 14. I will be starting on Monday. I am so happy to have this website for support!

wuv2bloved 08-20-2011 10:05 PM

We have the best support here because we are all going through the same struggles and helping each other out.....welcome, have fun reading and enjoy getting to know everyone :)

Determinedat47 08-20-2011 10:17 PM

Hi, my name is Brenda. I started ideal protein on January 26th at 211 pounds with the goal of 155. I am about 2-3 pounds away from that and am considering lowering to 150 because I feel sooooooo great at this weight right now and would like a little wiggle room. Am tucking shirts in for the first time in 15 years. Yippeeee!
I am 47, soon to be 48. I have a 16 year old son, a 13 year old daughter and a 11 year old daughter. I have been married for 18 years. I am a family nurse practitioner and my primary job is as the Director of Nursing in a small rural hospital but I also cover emergency rooms as the emergency room provider in other small rural towns 1-2 weekends a month for extra cash, so 63- 126 hours extra work a month, depending if I work one or two weekends a month. I absolutely love Ideal protein and how great I feel. Nice to not have to shop in plus sized stores anymore.

futureskinnygirl 08-21-2011 03:24 AM

Hi. I have a 7 year old son and a wonderful husband of 15 years. I am a pharmacy technician at a local hospital. I love my job and that it really makes an impact in helping people. I have shown performance horses my entire life until I gained weight. My show mare and best friend of 30 years died in 2006 but I hope to show again after I reach my weight goal. Goal weight= new horse! I've had 3 major abdominal surgeries (none of them plastic surgery) in the past 7 years which played an important role in my weight gain. I started IP on 7-14-11 and after 5 weeks I am down 26 pounds and 17 1/2 inches. I have a long way to go but my ultimate goal is to be healthy for me and my family. I realize my user name may be a little cliche' but I like it. Glad to be here and see everyone's progess.

wuv2bloved 08-21-2011 01:44 PM

Welcome to the both of you, don't be strangers, post a lot, give suggestions and experiment, this is a great program :)

sunshine1986 08-21-2011 11:37 PM

I am Annie. I started IP on 7/2/2011. I just celebrated my 18 year wedding anniversary. I have two daughters, one who just turned 8 and one who is 7. I am a RN, I work nights 3 days a week, however have been working 4-5 due to some extreme shortages. I gained most of my weight over the last 10 years and would majorly yo-yo diet. I was one of those binge eaters at night when everyone else would go to bed. It was nothing uncommon to eat constantly for 2 hours or finish an entire box of GS cookies when my kids sell them. But I was miserable with my weight.

I am SO happy that I found IP! I wish I would have found it sooner. This was the first summer in 10 years that I actually wore shorts. My complex has always been my thighs and calfs... well no more! Loving life, loving IP and committed to this new lifestyle of healthy eating! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

wuv2bloved 08-21-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshine1986 (Post 4000531)
I am Annie. I started IP on 7/2/2011. I just celebrated my 18 year wedding anniversary. I have two daughters, one who just turned 8 and one who is 7. I am a RN, I work nights 3 days a week, however have been working 4-5 due to some extreme shortages. I gained most of my weight over the last 10 years and would majorly yo-yo diet. I was one of those binge eaters at night when everyone else would go to bed. It was nothing uncommon to eat constantly for 2 hours or finish an entire box of GS cookies when my kids sell them. But I was miserable with my weight.

I am SO happy that I found IP! I wish I would have found it sooner. This was the first summer in 10 years that I actually wore shorts. My complex has always been my thighs and calfs... well no more! Loving life, loving IP and committed to this new lifestyle of healthy eating! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Loving life again...isn't it great?? your confidence is back and your complex is gone! Its a WHOLE new YOU!:wave::wave::wave:

kangaroocrazy 08-22-2011 01:22 PM

Hi girls! I am starting week three tomorrow and am new here!

Help me with this question,..can I have all snacks like "salt and vinegar" etc in the evening when I watch TV??
Thank you!!

YvetteSki 08-22-2011 01:52 PM

Hello Everyone! My name is Yvette, I am 36 years old and have been married for 17 years. I have a 16 year old daughter and 12 year old son.

I started IP the day after we got back from vacation, July 27th. I've almost been on the program for 1 month and am down 9lbs so far.

I am really enjoying IP, I am seeing results weight wise and inch wise. My husband is proud of me and is just as excited about me getting to goal as I am.

wuv2bloved 08-22-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kangaroocrazy (Post 4001392)
Hi girls! I am starting week three tomorrow and am new here!

Help me with this question,..can I have all snacks like "salt and vinegar" etc in the evening when I watch TV??
Thank you!!

Salt and vinegar are restricted so you can have ONE bag a day, so YES you can eat whatever is in that little bag. And Welcome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by YvetteSki (Post 4001433)
Hello Everyone! My name is Yvette, I am 36 years old and have been married for 17 years. I have a 16 year old daughter and 12 year old son.

I started IP the day after we got back from vacation, July 27th. I've almost been on the program for 1 month and am down 9lbs so far.

I am really enjoying IP, I am seeing results weight wise and inch wise. My husband is proud of me and is just as excited about me getting to goal as I am.

Great job on the 9lbs so far, you are on the right path that is for sure. Good choice to wait until after you got back from vacation to start the program. You will learn that this isn't a hard program if you plan ahead. YOU should be just as proud of yourself as your husband, this is a big step for anyone to take. Welcome to the boards!