Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #61  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeMrsPablo View Post
Hey there! I started IP on September 11th weighing in at 145, I want to lose 15-20lbs. My name is Ashley, I am engaged to be married July 28, 2012 and live in the beautiful PNW (North of Seattle). I have my first WI on Sunday so we will see how I did for my first week then.
Welcome Ashley and good luck on your WI sunday!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #62  
fatmommynomore

Hello! I started IP August 16th and have lost 17.5 lbs. I had a baby 4 mths ago and gained a lot of weight during my 9mths because of stress that was added. I started IP at 212.8 and want to be at 150. I have 45lbs to go. I am 39 years old and have been with the same man for 7 years but only married for 3 years. I have a 4 year old daughter and a 4mth old son. This has been a very challenging marriage and I have decided to take the journey on my own and raise my kids and live life for me and my kids. I am more determined now than ever to get back to my prepregancy weight for myself and for my kids.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changetoday View Post
Hello! I started IP August 16th and have lost 17.5 lbs. I had a baby 4 mths ago and gained a lot of weight during my 9mths because of stress that was added. I started IP at 212.8 and want to be at 150. I have 45lbs to go. I am 39 years old and have been with the same man for 7 years but only married for 3 years. I have a 4 year old daughter and a 4mth old son. This has been a very challenging marriage and I have decided to take the journey on my own and raise my kids and live life for me and my kids. I am more determined now than ever to get back to my prepregancy weight for myself and for my kids.
Sounds like you have gotten your things together for your journey and are well prepared. You are off to a very good start that is for sure. 45lbs will be gone in no time, you will see it drop off quick. Good luck
Old 09-15-2011, 06:53 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels2548 View Post
Hi from northern Alberta!
Did a lot of research before jumping into IP, thought it was some kind of dangerous fad diet when I first heard about it, but in this day n" age it is so easy to find out (and sift through) information online. Finding this sight really was what pushed me to go for it - so Thanks Everyone!
My first week OP and have been finding it pretty easy so far. Strict yes, but simple to follow. Had my first weigh in yesterday afternoon and was down 5.5 lbs, so far so good right!
I am a big water drinker and I love my veggies so I haven't felt too deprived yet - other than missing that big ol' glass of red wine after dinner! Love some of the drink packages, hate all the soups! Having lots of fun with all the recepies people have posted.
Looking forward to my second week!
Well considering how cold Fort Mac is I'm sure you'll be diving into one of the soups sooner or later. I couldn't stand the mushroom but the broccoli and the chicken one wasn't bad - just put some steamed veggies in it for more substance.
Also I enjoy the chili and had the spaghetti for the first time today - quite pleased with that as well.
We've had frost already so the snow will be flying quick need something hearty & warm for lunch...
Old 09-16-2011, 08:29 PM   #65  

Hello to all! total newbie, in fact, so new, I haven't started yet. Been reading these pages for days, getting so motivated by everyone, but don't know "how" to start. So many talk about a COACH....where do I get one? Is ip just dr. supervised, or can I do it on my own?

I have tried everything and cannot get my weight off, and this looks like it could work. I am 62, widowed, have 4 kids and 2 grandkids, and several foster kids. I have never put myself at the top of the "to do" list, but need to lose about 75 pounds and I Have to move up the ladder and put myself first...somehow. Any suggestions on how I can get started??? Thank you so much?
Old 09-17-2011, 12:59 AM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasue View Post
Hello to all! total newbie, in fact, so new, I haven't started yet. Been reading these pages for days, getting so motivated by everyone, but don't know "how" to start. So many talk about a COACH....where do I get one? Is ip just dr. supervised, or can I do it on my own?

I have tried everything and cannot get my weight off, and this looks like it could work. I am 62, widowed, have 4 kids and 2 grandkids, and several foster kids. I have never put myself at the top of the "to do" list, but need to lose about 75 pounds and I Have to move up the ladder and put myself first...somehow. Any suggestions on how I can get started??? Thank you so much?
Hello and welcome to the boards, if you want to find a coach go to www.idealprotein.com and type in your location, if there is not one in your area there is an ideal to go program where the food gets shipped to you. Several of us are also doing the program using alternative products like EAS carb control drink bought from Walmart/Sam's and pure protein bars.

You have made a great decision coming to this forum and program. This forum is great lots of information and very friendly people. If you have any more questions just ask here or in the thread titled "questions about IP " or something like that. Again, welcome to the boards and enjoy
Old 09-17-2011, 07:15 AM   #67  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasue View Post

Welcome, and I hope the following help:

This is the URL for the entire 3FC Ideal Protein site. If you bookmark it you'll have access to all the IP stickies and threads. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Next go to the very first message in the Daily Chat thread. It includes a lot of practical information and, most important, at the bottom of the message is access to Dr Chanh's website and his book -- which throughly explains the principes of the program and the science behind why it works: The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You. It's free.

This is the URL for access to all the stickies. They are rich in information but you might want to look at the stickie called IP Phases and start reading from the beginning. There you will find descriptions of the 4 IP phases:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-threads.html

Once you digest Dr Chanh's book you should understand the program. Then read liberally in the stickies and the informational threads. My best recommendation concerning threads would be to read those between May and December 2010.

It is possible to follow this plan not using IP products or coaching. If you can afford it, I would suggest that you do use the products, particularly the nutritional supplements (vitamins, minerals, etc.). You don't say where you are from so I can't guess whether or not there is a coach in your area. If there is, or if there are several, interview her/him and get more basic information about the program. You might also want to ask to speak with several others who are being coached at that site, to see how effective they think the coaching is. And Bon Voyage.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 298.8/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Hello! My name is Niki, age 38. I am a mother of 2, a son age 12 and daughter age 10. I am married to a wonderful man for the last 14 years. We are from the East coast of Canada, very close to the lobster capital of the world, SHEDIAC, NB. I work for a bank as a personal banker.

I started IP on September 7, 2011. I have lost 7.8lbs so far. My overall goal is to lose 120 lbs. I have a few health conditions, mainly stomach problems have had a few surgeries as well, not cosmetic. Last year I was diagnosed with diverticulitis and have been hospitalized 17 times since then. I contracted a super bug and almost died from it. I have been on a low residue diet (all white flour, white rice, canned veggies and friut etc. all the crap food) for the last year to control severe IBS as a result from all the antibiotics that wiped out my system. I have packed on the weight due to that. My doctor reccommended IP and I am loving it so far, easy to follow and the food actually tastes good.

I am thankful for this group, reading everyones up and downs, stuggles and successes has been a great encouragement. You don't feel like your doing this all alone. The tips and congratulations are great ways to stay OP.
Going to takle this 10 lbs at a time

Welcome Everyone!

Last edited by alexandallismom; 09-17-2011 at 08:55 AM. Reason: typos
Old 09-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandallismom View Post
Hello! My name is Niki, age 38. I am a mother of 2, a son age 12 and daughter age 10. I am married to a wonderful man for the last 14 years. We are from the East coast of Canada, very close to the lobster capital of the world, SHEDIAC, NB. I work for a bank as a personal banker.

I started IP on September 7, 2011. I have lost 7.8lbs so far. My overall goal is to lose 120 lbs. I have a few health conditions, mainly stomach problems have had a few surgeries as well, not cosmetic. Last year I was diagnosed with diverticulitis and have been hospitalized 17 times since then. I contracted a super bug and almost died from it. I have been on a low residue diet (all white flour, white rice, canned veggies and friut etc. all the crap food) for the last year to control severe IBS as a result from all the antibiotics that wiped out my system. I have packed on the weight due to that. My doctor reccommended IP and I am loving it so far, easy to follow and the food actually tastes good.

I am thankful for this group, reading everyones up and downs, stuggles and successes has been a great encouragement. You don't feel like your doing this all alone. The tips and congratulations are great ways to stay OP.
Going to takle this 10 lbs at a time

Welcome Everyone!
Welcome Nikki, this is a great group of people and since we are all going through the same things it makes it a little easier when you see others going through the same thing. Lots of information on this site, just remember you are never alone!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 210/194.5/140

Height: 5'5

Hi there, my name is Layna, I'm about to turn 40 (nov.), divorced 3 years, have three little ones ages 7,3,2, and I am sooo excited to be here!! I have my first consultation tomorrow morning (mississauga, ontario) and I can't wait to get started!

Over the last three years I have gained about 65 pounds, but I am ready to move forward now and change my lifestyle habits big time!

For the first time in a long, long time I really believe there is hope. IP sounds like the perfect program for me because trying to follow other detailed programs involving points and calories, etc. are all more than I can mentally handle right now. I need something simple.

I'm so happy to have found all of you here and your results are so encouraging. I'm also glad there are fellow newbies this week too.

Congratulations to everyone!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by startingoveragain View Post
Hi there, my name is Layna, I'm about to turn 40 (nov.), divorced 3 years, have three little ones ages 7,3,2, and I am sooo excited to be here!! I have my first consultation tomorrow morning (mississauga, ontario) and I can't wait to get started!

Over the last three years I have gained about 65 pounds, but I am ready to move forward now and change my lifestyle habits big time!

For the first time in a long, long time I really believe there is hope. IP sounds like the perfect program for me because trying to follow other detailed programs involving points and calories, etc. are all more than I can mentally handle right now. I need something simple.

I'm so happy to have found all of you here and your results are so encouraging. I'm also glad there are fellow newbies this week too.

Congratulations to everyone!
Welcome Layna! this is a great program. You will find lots of information here along with lots of support. This is the best support you will find!!. We get newbies daily so make sure to check out the Daily threads and question thread, it may be helpful to you....Good Luck!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #72  
Started IP 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 211/196/160

Height: 5'5"

Hello All! I am a mom to a WONDERFUL two year old and couldn't ask for a more supportive husband! I started IP last January and was very successful for the first two and a half months. I lost almost 30 pounds. My brother-in-law got married in April so that was my motivation. I felt GREAT! I was going to get back on and the excuses kept coming....i have this coming up...and this...and this...over and over and never got back on. After five months, the weight is ALL back plus two. All my "fat" clothes are gone because I got rid of them and I am NOT going to go buy new ones! I am very disappointed in myself for not caring about what I was doing to my body. I am glad to be back on here to finish what I started, becoming healthy for myself and family! Looking forward to hearing everyone’s successes because that is what keeps me going!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbkwright View Post
Hello All! I am a mom to a WONDERFUL two year old and couldn't ask for a more supportive husband! I started IP last January and was very successful for the first two and a half months. I lost almost 30 pounds. My brother-in-law got married in April so that was my motivation. I felt GREAT! I was going to get back on and the excuses kept coming....i have this coming up...and this...and this...over and over and never got back on. After five months, the weight is ALL back plus two. All my "fat" clothes are gone because I got rid of them and I am NOT going to go buy new ones! I am very disappointed in myself for not caring about what I was doing to my body. I am glad to be back on here to finish what I started, becoming healthy for myself and family! Looking forward to hearing everyone’s successes because that is what keeps me going!
Welcome back to getting healthy and finishing off your journey. But just so the newbies know that this program works, I have a couple of questions for you....

1. did you phase off properly?
2. did you follow the a planned diet or did you just eat what you wanted?

I am not asking this to be mean or anything, I don't want to see anyone get discouraged because you gained your weight plus 2. At least you are back at it
Old 09-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 244/199/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi My name is Barb and I am 58 years old. After going through surgery, chemo and radiation for breast cancer a year ago, I'm trying to get healthy. My oncologist recommended IP and I started it about 2 months ago. So far I have lost nearly 25 pounds and I feel good but find I am getting tired of the program and doing little cheats. I have a WI tomorrow and hope to get back on track. I still have about 70 pounds to go. Without this forum I think I would have given up by now. I like seeing the success of others and it helps to motivate me Thanks!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindanuts View Post
Hi My name is Barb and I am 58 years old. After going through surgery, chemo and radiation for breast cancer a year ago, I'm trying to get healthy. My oncologist recommended IP and I started it about 2 months ago. So far I have lost nearly 25 pounds and I feel good but find I am getting tired of the program and doing little cheats. I have a WI tomorrow and hope to get back on track. I still have about 70 pounds to go. Without this forum I think I would have given up by now. I like seeing the success of others and it helps to motivate me Thanks!
Welcome Kindanuts, glad to see that you survived all of the issues with breast cancer and are now on your way to get healthy. You can lose those next 70lbs, just put your mind to it. What are you doing little cheats with? Is there something else, IP wise you could use?
Closed Thread