Old 07-28-2011, 04:28 AM   #1  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

Wink IP Daily Chat-July 28th

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You[/quote]
Old 07-28-2011, 04:31 AM   #2  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

Welcome everyone...sorry.. i couldnt wait.. i needed to begin the new daily chat..couldnt help myself.. i didnt want to post at the end of yesterdays at 1am this morning..which is the time currently here where i live..

Well i had another scale victory! Down another pound today..woot ! I also had an NSV.. i call this the "i tried a new veggie and loved it" victory.. i also had a water victory.. i got down 4 litres today instead of just 3..and i tried the recipe for the kohlrabi fries..mmm..feels like your cheating but your not!!!

I got to have the chocolate soy snacks today..mmmmm..yum!! definitly a new fave!

Anywho..im off to bed now..backwards hey? and will pop in later to say hi to yall..!

Have a great day!
Jasesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:40 AM   #3  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasesgirl View Post
Welcome everyone...sorry.. i couldnt wait.. i needed to begin the new daily chat..couldnt help myself.. i didnt want to post at the end of yesterdays at 1am this morning..which is the time currently here where i live..
Thanks for starting the daily thread. In the future, please "quote" the thread before copying... then copy the HTML code. That way, the links will all work.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 07-28-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasesgirl View Post

Well i had another scale victory! Down another pound today..woot ! I also had an NSV.. i call this the "i tried a new veggie and loved it" victory.. i also had a water victory.. i got down 4 litres today instead of just 3..and i tried the recipe for the kohlrabi fries..mmm..feels like your cheating but your not!!!

I got to have the chocolate soy snacks today..mmmmm..yum!! definitly a new fave!

Anywho..im off to bed now..backwards hey? and will pop in later to say hi to yall..!

Have a great day!
Congrats! and you were able to sleep with all that energy???? Have an awesome day, I still need to try the kohlrabi, but am now addicted to the "kale chips", couldn't keep my family out of them!!! Taking my son shopping in Orlando today, and have a ziploc packed full of them in case I have an emergency to keep me on track!!
JoseyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:54 AM   #5  

Default Rough Start.....

Good morning, or maybe Buenos dias is better (have to get back in teaching mode!! (I am a Spanish teacher, headed back Monday ) So.....felt mad, ticked off getting dressed this morning, I KNOW The diet is working and have WI #2 tomorrow, but putting my bra on I just wanted to sling it across the room, like cramming Gallon jugs in a 1/2 gallon container......ughhhhh, I literally almost ripped the darn thing off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1st time I have felt that way since begining, but I had to remind myself, this is why you are on the diet, if you go off, it will prolong the losing....not that I though of going off, but it put me in a bad mood to start the day.
Headed to Orlando outlets today to take my 9 year old boy shopping and have lunch packed, my kale chips in a baggie (my new FAV)..... I know I will do fine, but just HOPE I have a decent weigh in, feeling just depressed about my weight.... Hope you all have a GREAT OP day
Old 07-28-2011, 07:57 AM   #6  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

I weighed myself this morning and the scale said 152... I see some 140's in my future.

I'm starting to think about my 40th birthday (end of November). My parents asked me what I wanted to do. I've never been on a cruise. Thoughts? We have one child (he will be 4). I've heard that Disney is great for kids, and that other cruiselines charge for kids activities whereas Disney everything is included. Any advice appreciated. We live in VA, so would go from Baltimore, Norfolk, or Florida.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I weighed myself this morning and the scale said 152... I see some 140's in my future.

I'm starting to think about my 40th birthday (end of November). My parents asked me what I wanted to do. I've never been on a cruise. Thoughts? We have one child (he will be 4). I've heard that Disney is great for kids, and that other cruiselines charge for kids activities whereas Disney everything is included. Any advice appreciated. We live in VA, so would go from Baltimore, Norfolk, or Florida.
Disney Cruises are not doubt the BEST!!!!!!!! We live in Florida, and have been on 2. We have also been on Carnival (MUCH less $$$) and Carnival also has kids activities @ no costs as long as they are not toddlers/in diapers. BTW Disney does charge for toddlers/infants to babysit. I would go to Carnival and Royal Carribean and verify that information. No doubt Disney is TOP notch (We have done 2 7 day cruises), but it is ALOT more $$ and if Carnival/Royal offers the services, you could use the extra $$ saved on excursions. However, if you and your family are HUGE Disney fans, there are characters on board for meet and greets and they come in the kid's clubs (spend the night w/ Wendy reading stories and playing with Peter Pan/Captain HOOk, etc....) HOpe this helps.....
Old 07-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #8  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Good morning all, have never been on a cruise so no insight on that. It has been a long work week. I keep thinking its Friday. The headache I had for the first 12 days has finally been relieved for the most part, thank God. As long as I stay away from the acesulfane potassium ip products. I believe I will have a good wi after my failure on week 2 wi. It's time for me to replenish my veggies. I'm down to hardly nothing at this point. Sams club here I come. Have the best day ladies!
whirlybird68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #9  

Default Chicken Patty...for Calee from 07/27 daily posts

Calee,,,, yesterday you posted you dove into your chicken patty, could you tell me how you prepared? I am assuming NOT a bought pre breaded one... Thanks...
Old 07-28-2011, 08:13 AM   #10  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
Disney Cruises are not doubt the BEST!!!!!!!! We live in Florida, and have been on 2. We have also been on Carnival (MUCH less $$$) and Carnival also has kids activities @ no costs as long as they are not toddlers/in diapers. BTW Disney does charge for toddlers/infants to babysit. I would go to Carnival and Royal Carribean and verify that information. No doubt Disney is TOP notch (We have done 2 7 day cruises), but it is ALOT more $$ and if Carnival/Royal offers the services, you could use the extra $$ saved on excursions. However, if you and your family are HUGE Disney fans, there are characters on board for meet and greets and they come in the kid's clubs (spend the night w/ Wendy reading stories and playing with Peter Pan/Captain HOOk, etc....) HOpe this helps.....
Thanks! Carnival goes out of Norfolk, and we can drive there. Florida would mean a flight... which adds to the cost. I'm exploring a 2-day cruise to nowhere as an intro. That would allow us to see if we like cruising, see how the kid does, etc. Now that he's potty trained I know that we have a lot more options...
Old 07-28-2011, 08:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

I've also never been on a cruise, so cannot help there - but hope you and your family enjoy! Hope everyone has an OP day!
JoLoMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post

Cruise lines charge for after hours babysitting, as I would think Disney does too. There are daily activities for all age groups onboard and it may be uncertain how well received bigger than life-sized characters are to a 4 year old or a 40 year old. Your birthday is an excellent time to cruise though, find a screaming deal and have a blast.
petie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:10 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Ipers!

I'm doing well here. I feel lazy because I'm only working 2 days this week and tomorrow I'm off to my girlfriend's house to lay by her pool for the weekend. She's turning 40, so she sent the husband and kids away for the weekend and invited the BFFs up. This is also the weekend that I was planning a cheat meal as she hired a chef to come in and prep us a spectacular meal. I've been mulling it over for weeks and I'm going to do the best I can to stay OP, but for that meal only I will allow myself a taste of off plan foods- just a taste, mind you.
I've been buying some clothes lately and even though I'm in the 190s still, I am wearing mediums and 12s. I haven't been in a 12 in 15 years. The more I get used to myself like this, the more I think that another 20 lbs will be my limit. My original goal is 150, but I will be very happy at 170ish. I need to exercise now and get- in particular, my abs- back in shape. So, my plan is to aim for 170 and a great personal trainer- if it's a man and he's hot, that's a bonus
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybird68 View Post
Good morning all, have never been on a cruise so no insight on that. It has been a long work week. I keep thinking its Friday. The headache I had for the first 12 days has finally been relieved for the most part, thank God. As long as I stay away from the acesulfane potassium ip products. I believe I will have a good wi after my failure on week 2 wi. It's time for me to replenish my veggies. I'm down to hardly nothing at this point. Sams club here I come. Have the best day ladies!
Which packets contain that? I buy individual packets so don't have the ingredient info. thank you
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
I need to exercise now and get- in particular, my abs- back in shape. So, my plan is to aim for 170 and a great personal trainer- if it's a man and he's hot, that's a bonus
Oh a hot man trainer would be bonus.
murleya1 is offline   Reply With Quote