Old 07-28-2011, 09:19 PM   #91  
Started IP on 7/15/2011

S/C/G: 184/161/130

Height: 5ft4in

Default Soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
So tomorrow I go for WI # 2, and have to get new food. An update, they do offer a "swap basket" but choices are a little limited, not bad though..... I LOVE The chicken soup, have not had mushroom, but love me some grilled mushrooms. Any opinions about the mushroom soup????

I also LOVE the chicken soup! The mushroom soup isn't bad...just don't add anything salty to it as it's already pretty salty itself.

and in my opinion, I don't think the leek soup is very good. But I don't like leek soup normally, so it might just be me. My mom loves the leek soup.
Travel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:30 PM   #92  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
So tomorrow I go for WI # 2, and have to get new food. An update, they do offer a "swap basket" but choices are a little limited, not bad though..... I LOVE The chicken soup, have not had mushroom, but love me some grilled mushrooms. Any opinions about the mushroom soup????
I thought the mushroom soup had a weird grainy texture. It is not my favorite. I like the leek soup, and the new broc cheese soup.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:35 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I thought the mushroom soup had a weird grainy texture. It is not my favorite. I like the leek soup, and the new broc cheese soup.
Thanks for the input, and I did notice there were plenty of the mushroom in the swap basket
JoseyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #94  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
HUGE victory today.

So... I went to the gym today for my pilates lesson. They had a guy with a body fat monitor and so, what the heck, I decided to check it out. It came with BMI of 24.9 = NORMAL and body fat percentage of 27% (average NOT obese). I was ecstatic! He asked me about the diet. I ended up talking about it a little more than normal. I've become very reclusive when people ask me, but somehow this was different.

Had a great pilates session and on my way to toning! WOW DO MY ABS NEED TO BE STRENGTHENED.

I signed up for 4 private lessons to get the jist of everything and remember all the techniques. Then I'll switch to group lessons which are much, much cheaper so that I can go twice each week. I love the pilates instructor (we talked about diet, she lost 40lbs ten years ago and is tiny) and am really looking forward to being in the gym and not feeling like people are staring at me wondering why my hard work isn't paying off.

I am HAPPY today.
That's awesome! I agree that bf is the way to measure! I'd love to have my bf tested, but I'm afraid to
Today I made an appointment for a private session at a pilates studio. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm afraid. Since my 2 c-sections, my abs are weak and really hurt when i work them. The scar area is the worst. I just hope the trainer is gentle with me! LOL I also hope I don't lose an appendage on the reformer!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #95  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Quote:
Good morning, or maybe Buenos dias is better (have to get back in teaching mode!! (I am a Spanish teacher, headed back Monday ) So.....felt mad, ticked off getting dressed this morning, I KNOW The diet is working and have WI #2 tomorrow, but putting my bra on I just wanted to sling it across the room, like cramming Gallon jugs in a 1/2 gallon container......ughhhhh, I literally almost ripped the darn thing off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1st time I have felt that way since begining, but I had to remind myself, this is why you are on the diet, if you go off, it will prolong the losing....not that I though of going off, but it put me in a bad mood to start the day.
Headed to Orlando outlets today to take my 9 year old boy shopping and have lunch packed, my kale chips in a baggie (my new FAV)..... I know I will do fine, but just HOPE I have a decent weigh in, feeling just depressed about my weight.... Hope you all have a GREAT OP day
You are about my height and weight, LOL at the bra...I can't wait to toss the darn extenders. Ugh. It works, keep on going
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #96  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Just tried the miracle noodles, a little weird, but not bad. I used the Angel Hair, has anyone tried the fettuchini? They were a bit squishy, but not bad.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:58 PM   #97  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

So, i have had some awakening moments watching others eat since i do not spend as much time doing it anymore like i used to. One girl at work had 2 microwaves going at once with her snacks. She gets up from her desk continually all day long to heat food. Another girl brings McDonald's almost every morning, or eats Popeye's or pizza every day for lunch, washing it all down with a big old coke!
I had a good, old friend of mine on facebook who posted this today:
I am now part of the diabetes clan. God bless us all!!

That above statement is enough motivation to keep me going. I am 43 years old, have 4 kids - 2 teenagers, and 2 kids already grown with 2 precious grandbaby girls. The last thing i want to do is have the expense and burden of adult onset diabetes due to my obese weight and laziness to do anything about it. I started IP 17 days ago and have been on point except one cheat night which i regret. I know it will take some time, but i hope in Jesus' name that i will be at 135 by Nov 15th. Pray with me ladies
whirlybird68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:40 PM   #98  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybird68 View Post
Another girl brings McDonald's almost every morning, or eats Popeye's or pizza every day for lunch, washing it all down with a big old coke!
Thanks for the share. Just reading this I can't identify with those foods anymore and feel kind of nauseous without even eating them.

Well, the best experience so far has been shopping for clothes in the regular men's department instead of over in the big and tall section. So much more to select from!

Yesterday's weigh-in took me over the 100lb mark. I'm only about 11lbs from goal and still on phase II. I've found myself watching the scale more for some reason probably because I'm getting closer. Although I feel I'm eating more protein, I continue to drop.
Douger963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:41 PM   #99  
IP start: July 3 2011

S/C/G: 133/120/110-115

Height: 5'2

Just made a crispy cereal pancake.. SO AMAZING. with IP maple syrup.. so delish.. my all time new fav.. totally fixes a crab craving... like em' more than ip pudding cakes.
Skurzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:55 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
Yesterday's weigh-in took me over the 100lb mark. I'm only about 11lbs from goal and still on phase II. I've found myself watching the scale more for some reason probably because I'm getting closer. Although I feel I'm eating more protein, I continue to drop.
SO AWESOME!

Thanks for sharing that, your success makes me feel better about my goal. I feel like I have such a long way to go.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:20 AM   #101  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
HUGE victory today.

So... I went to the gym today for my pilates lesson. They had a guy with a body fat monitor and so, what the heck, I decided to check it out. It came with BMI of 24.9 = NORMAL and body fat percentage of 27% (average NOT obese). I was ecstatic! He asked me about the diet. I ended up talking about it a little more than normal. I've become very reclusive when people ask me, but somehow this was different.

Had a great pilates session and on my way to toning! WOW DO MY ABS NEED TO BE STRENGTHENED.

I signed up for 4 private lessons to get the jist of everything and remember all the techniques. Then I'll switch to group lessons which are much, much cheaper so that I can go twice each week. I love the pilates instructor (we talked about diet, she lost 40lbs ten years ago and is tiny) and am really looking forward to being in the gym and not feeling like people are staring at me wondering why my hard work isn't paying off.

I am HAPPY today.
&
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
That's awesome! I agree that bf is the way to measure! I'd love to have my bf tested, but I'm afraid to
Today I made an appointment for a private session at a pilates studio. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm afraid. Since my 2 c-sections, my abs are weak and really hurt when i work them. The scar area is the worst. I just hope the trainer is gentle with me! LOL I also hope I don't lose an appendage on the reformer!
You guys will be amazed how well the Pilates works! Slow & steady wins the race! I have been at it 2 - 3 times a week for 7 months and I actually have muscle definition for the first time ever! I walk occasionally but the Pilates has done it all and I really love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
Thanks for the share. Just reading this I can't identify with those foods anymore and feel kind of nauseous without even eating them.

Well, the best experience so far has been shopping for clothes in the regular men's department instead of over in the big and tall section. So much more to select from!

Douger - Congratulations. You look great!! What an accomplishment!
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:41 AM   #102  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I had to add sauteed mushrooms to the soup, as I have never been a mushroom soup. I prefer by far the tomato basil and I love love love the broccoli and cheese soup... I use it for sauces on my steamed veggies. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybird68 View Post
So, i have had some awakening moments watching others eat since i do not spend as much time doing it anymore like i used to. One girl at work had 2 microwaves going at once with her snacks. She gets up from her desk continually all day long to heat food. Another girl brings McDonald's almost every morning, or eats Popeye's or pizza every day for lunch, washing it all down with a big old coke!
I had a good, old friend of mine on facebook who posted this today:
I am now part of the diabetes clan. God bless us all!!

That above statement is enough motivation to keep me going. I am 43 years old, have 4 kids - 2 teenagers, and 2 kids already grown with 2 precious grandbaby girls. The last thing i want to do is have the expense and burden of adult onset diabetes due to my obese weight and laziness to do anything about it. I started IP 17 days ago and have been on point except one cheat night which i regret. I know it will take some time, but i hope in Jesus' name that i will be at 135 by Nov 15th. Pray with me ladies
That is sad about your friend, it is too bad everyone can't find a way to lose weight, I probably would be getting to that point too. I am so thankful for Couts71 for showing us the light at work.... I think he saved a lot of us. I do have a question why Nov 15? what happens if you don't make it? I hope you do but am wondering. I would love to say I will be finished on this date, but things happen and as this last month I have been up and down I know that it is true. I get asked quite often when I will be finished. I have no idea.. I am hoping Oct - Nov but if not oh well. Good luck and keep up the good work.

Just got back from chasing a couple of my friends' kids around going over agility obstacles and chasing them playing catch... I had quite a few of my agility ladies looking at me like I was nuts... but it was fun and I was excited that I could chase them around for 1/2 hour without getting tired. Lots of screaming going on, hope our instructor wasn't too distracted... Kids just make me feel so young. Then I went with one of my friends for coffee, and her son (who doesn't like poohing in the toilet and holds it for days on end) had to go at the coffee shop and comes out of the bathroom yelling Aunty Jo I have pooed... oh my it was sooo funny... got a couple of chuckles from a few people. It was priceless. will have to remember that for the day he gets married.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:12 AM   #103  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
SO AWESOME!

Thanks for sharing that, your success makes me feel better about my goal. I feel like I have such a long way to go.
Just keep doing what your doing! It's just a matter of time if you stick with it and don't give in! You're almost 1/2 way!
Douger963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:14 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Quote:
Ah, thank you, thank you... I've been searching like mad, but keep finding myself on screens that want me to provide personal information before I get the final price. GRRRRR.... Someone told me that the day camps for kids are normally included, but that the night-time stuff depends on the cruiseline. Someone said that Disney kids club went until midnight or something crazy like that. Not sure the information was right, and I haven't confirmed it anywhere.
I've used vacationstogo.com as well - wonderful service - great discounts!! I've booked a fall land tour through them and we're planning an Alaskan cruise next year and will definitely go with them.
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:18 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
WI today -1.4 lbs.

According to my ticker I made it to goal. Technically I still need to lose .8 lbs, but as they say don't sweat the small stuff.

I start Phase 3 tomorrow, I hope that I am not one of those people that gain on Phase 3. But I am looking forward to breakfast tomorrow. I can't wait to have a banana. I have really missed them.

And I will be completely phased off before my hubby and I go to Vegas for our anniversary!
wonderful news!! Enjoy Vegas - we go every December for our anniversary - and this is the first year I'll be "normal"
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote