Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #106  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Yes, i went to user cp. I know i have enough posts, but not sure how many days i have been on 3fc. How can i tell?
Old 07-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #107  
To be fit for my King!

Is edit signature under another option? I can see edit profile, edit picture, etc...
Old 07-18-2011, 10:35 PM   #108  

Height: 5'4"

It says under your profile you joined July 4th.

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 07-18-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:35 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybird68 View Post
Yes, i went to user cp. I know i have enough posts, but not sure how many days i have been on 3fc. How can i tell?
I don't know how you can tell exactly, but it shows us you've been a member since July 2011 and today is only the 18th so even if you joined on the first, 20 days hasn't passed yet . . .
Old 07-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #110  

I just clicked on your pic and it took me to the page that said when you joined. Try that.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:41 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybird68 View Post
The instructions to add the ticker says to edit signature. I cannot find edit signature, any ideas?
You probably have not been a member for 20 days. It will show up on Day 20. And fantastic weight loss on week 1. That is amazing.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:56 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post
Hi there. I posted my very post last night and had some questions answered, but I came up with more.

My IP consultation is on Thursday. I've been just watching my carbs and calorie intake for the past two weeks and have lost about 7-8 lbs without too much effort. I have a good 60-70 to go.

This is a fairly pricey program. I certainly have the discipline and a good scale at home. Has anyone had success going it alone using alternative products?

One of the pros, I see, to spending the money and doing the actual IP program is the accountability -- a weekly weigh in and someone else's eyes on your weight and progress keeps a person pretty honest, right?

Also, I have an almost 3-year-old son. How do I explain to him why I'm eating something different than everyone else? I don't discuss weight or diet in front of him, so I'm just trying to think this through.

Then there's my long-term thinking about maintenance. I think I'm drawn to this program because it has quick results, but I'm concerned that once goal is met, if I add carbs back in, I'll balloon significantly. Any experiences out there?

I'm trying not to be skeptical and hoping this isn't too good to be true.

Thanks!
This diet works, it is pricy but the way I look at it is no matter what way I diet its gonna cost money..ie.food, supplements, gym membership, lyposuction. It will all cost money so why not do what is scientifically proven to work.
The protein in this diet is the best out there thats why it costs more money than other bars, puddings etc. (You get what you pay for )right. You also get one on one counseling which is a great tool. They have a HUGE variety of foods to choose from. You can go to the Ideal Protein website and look at all the variety of foods and read the nutritional guides for each.
I believe in my opinion you can lose weight if you go it alone, but no on an average of what this protocol will help you loose. This diet will teach you how to keep the weight off. Teach you better eating habits so you don't fall back into your old ways. That's why its called your last diet, they don't leave you hanging after you've lost the weight.
This diet also gives you the proper supplements that your not getting from the foods that your not eating. So going alone could be dangerous if your depleting your body of nutrients and not replenishing it with the proper supplements.
I could go on about why this diet works, but ultimately you'll have to make your own decision so I hope some of this has helped you.

Best of luck to you!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Supplement question - beyond the multivitamin, potassium, and calmag, what are you taking? I have NIGHTLY stomach aches on this diet (gas & constipation) that is leading me to take Milk of Magnesia every day or every other. Curious if i should invest in the enzymes? Also, I crave fats (avocado, peanut butter) and have some brain fog . . . curious if I should try the omega and, if any of you have tried the omega, have you had stomach aches from it? (I did with a few other brands before . . . ).
Old 07-18-2011, 11:06 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
We had a weekend of travel with food thrown in - a family funeral in Idaho on Saturday and a church BBQ and a friend's birthday party in another town on Sunday. I stayed OP through it all. I took salad and fresh veggies to the dinner after the funeral because I knew there wouldn't be anything else there that I could eat! But I did really well with veggies, water and a bar. I also took veggies and chicken to the friend's birthday party so did well there too. I just had water at the church BBQ. Got some strange looks and a few questions because I wasn't eating but it really didn't bother me. I was there for the visiting!!
It just hit me that I am down 77 lbs and only have 26 left to goal. Wow! I didn't think I would ever be this close. I have been getting lots of compliments and while it sometimes is uncomfortable for me to be the center of conversation, I do like the compliments! I have had several people approach me and ask if I have been losing on purpose - I think they are just concerned that maybe I have been sick or something.
I started IP back in Feb at my Dr office but the coach that signed me up quit to go on a mission after about a month and a half. She was a real bubbly girl that I looked forward to seeing every week. Since then, I started getting at least two weeks of IP at a time and have now gone to 4 weeks at a time as the new coach really rubs me the wrong way. If I didn't have this site, I probably would have given up a long time ago. I had a WI on Friday and she actually asked me if any of my clothes were starting to get loose yet!!! I just looked at her thinking I have gone from a size 24 to a size 10 and even a couple of 8s and she hasn't even noticed!! I think she would rate a 0 on the coach scale!
Here's hoping everyone has a great OP week.
Congrats on a great OP weekend - and to quote Billy Crystal "You look MAHvelous darling"

Last edited by Sherwood; 07-18-2011 at 11:07 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 07-18-2011, 11:27 PM   #115  
To be fit for my King!

Thanks for the help and encouragement. I will keep on keeping on.....130 here i come. I guess i will get my ticker on July 22nd!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:39 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadenlevi View Post
My soup box said 230 mL I think (which is about 8 oz).
It states right on the back of each package how much water to add in little letters at the bottom
Old 07-19-2011, 01:06 AM   #117  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Ok so I just spent the last 30 mins trying to figure out which thread to post tooo.... i am a repeat offender... I was at goal last Aug, I kept the weight off until about 3 months ago and life... stress... bad habits all came back as did 35 pounds.... so I gained back half of my weight...I said it.... i wish I could kick my own butt. I dont want to discourage anyone it wasnt the programs fault definately a user error.... been back on phase 1 for 4 days feeling good about not letting myself gain all the weight back..... so of the names are familiar most are not ..... so hi everyone... I am a carbaholic....
Old 07-19-2011, 02:15 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murleya1 View Post
Ohh Monday Weigh ins. I find myself really committed on weekends because my weigh ins are on Monday. If you cheat it shows. I look forward to weighing in. I love watching the pounds come off!
Totally agree! Monday weigh in keeps me completely honest on the weekend and starts the week off the right way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
just realized that, although I weighed this morning without clothes so this won't be official... 154.5 puts me at 50 lbs lost since starting IP, and 63.5 lbs down from my heaviest weight.
Congrats Pxlkitty you are so close to goal!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
We are also the same height..I just didn't put the .5 in, cuz I was lazy when I set it up.

But I do know where you are coming from. I have been waffling about the 140 myself. I never would have dreamed I'd get into an 8 and think...I'm not small enough yet, but here I am. Will a size 6 make me happy? I doubt it, but why do I feel the need to be in a 4? Maybe it's just that I'm comfortable on this diet..and don't want to go back to the way it was????

Really....when I look in the mirror I focus on the jiggly overextended stomach skin from my years of abuse, and the fat arms that I still have. If those things would just disappear, maybe I could look at the rest of me objectively, but I can't. They are what draws my eyes..and I can't see past them.
I feel your pain in Every WAY I'm in a size 6 but all I can see is that my upper thighs are still hanging out together. That my soft, well used baby belly is amenable to me doing up my pants but sure doesn't want to lose it's lumpy ways... REALLY?? I thought for sure everything would tighten up as I lost the weight but I somehow feel like a scaled down version of the 'old' me. Definitely see some exercising in phase 4 future! Amazing what a little muscle can do to help out. And I do find that some of the glimpses I catch of myself- I'm not big. And I have to be thankful for the size I'm in- cause I can't remember buying it... ever... before now... Thank you IP... I can do the toning, thank you oh thank you for giving me the size. I acheived something I didn't think I ever could before. But I set my mind to it with this program and it has taken me there- along with the guidance and support of all the people on this site! So we may not look exactly as we had planned on looking at said weight/ size but we will!! Oh we will!! Just wait til we can eat carbs again and fire up the muscle building! After this experience I truly believe that we can do anything we set our minds to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonieRuns View Post
can we say, DOUBLE ZERO??? Yes, that is the size pants that I reluctantly tried on, that fit perfectly, and that I bought two pair! Size 00! WHOO HOOO!! Also to top the weekend off (could it get any better?) I won my age group in the 5K race!

Congrats to you and to everyone on their successes. And to anyone struggling, HANG IN THERE! It is soooo worth it! DOUBLE ZERO, yeah, baby!
Congratulations all around- you are a total inspiration!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Good evening everyone. Had a nice day off, walked the dogs through the hoards of mosquitoes... My 22 WI today, I finally started losing again after my plateau. 6 lbs to my 3/4 weight loss goal, very excited so I won't make it for my birthday next week but maybe the week after... If you all want to know if this diet works look at my timeline... July 10 is the start of my 6 month on the diet and I have lost 69lbs. So amazing... am now able to truthfully get my drivers license renewed with the weight listed.

and have been told I look years younger too.
2Ride you have been my constant since beginning this program. I have always appreciated your straight talk, your loyalty to the program and your fortitude. You are always full of positive advice & wisdom. Many congrats on your huge losses and I'm sure that goal will be here before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Ok so I just spent the last 30 mins trying to figure out which thread to post tooo.... i am a repeat offender... I was at goal last Aug, I kept the weight off until about 3 months ago and life... stress... bad habits all came back as did 35 pounds.... so I gained back half of my weight...I said it.... i wish I could kick my own butt. I dont want to discourage anyone it wasnt the programs fault definately a user error.... been back on phase 1 for 4 days feeling good about not letting myself gain all the weight back..... so of the names are familiar most are not ..... so hi everyone... I am a carbaholic....
Welcome back! You're in good carbaholic company here. It's been almost 90 days since my last carb I still miss them every once in a while but boy oh boy do I ever not miss feeling overweight. ALL the time. I think as one of the ladies on here mentioned previously that I am going to to have to develop a very good daily relationship with my scale. And suck it up if I have been 'bad' the night/ day before and get on with the 'program' when I get into the maintenance phase.

Well today was a WI in day for me and it was a great one. I actually threw a fist in the air and misted up in the eye area ahem. I then wanted to dance around the scale but instead just started dancing in my head. Cause I got in the 140's!!! Yay!!! Woot woot!!! Yayy!!!! I so very very badly wanted this moment. So close to goal! Finally it all seems real to me...
Old 07-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Supplement question - beyond the multivitamin, potassium, and calmag, what are you taking? I have NIGHTLY stomach aches on this diet (gas & constipation) that is leading me to take Milk of Magnesia every day or every other. Curious if i should invest in the enzymes? Also, I crave fats (avocado, peanut butter) and have some brain fog . . . curious if I should try the omega and, if any of you have tried the omega, have you had stomach aches from it? (I did with a few other brands before . . . ).
you should take an Omega pill for fats... i take 3 Omega III pills a day. No cravings, but it has only been 3 days for me...

Last edited by leganegan; 07-19-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Have you ever tried a probiotic, I have taken one every day for 2 years now. The nutritionist where I work recommend them for everyone, might help with the stomach issues. One of the ones on there list is called Culturelle, you can get it at the supermarket, target, Walmart and drug stores.

I also take an Omega 3 fish oil every day.

Last edited by niknakjack; 07-19-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Closed Thread