Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 06:06 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Monday, 7 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Happy Monday! I hope every one has a great start to the week.

To see what you missed over the weekend: 4-6 March 2011
Old 03-07-2011, 06:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/168/?

Height: 5'2

still totally discouraged re: my weekend. Need to change my weigh in back to mondays, therefore less temptation to totally screw up! what happens is you miss a weigh in for a week? i have enough supplies to get me thru?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:09 AM   #3  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by paupau View Post
still totally discouraged re: my weekend. Need to change my weigh in back to mondays, therefore less temptation to totally screw up! what happens is you miss a weigh in for a week? i have enough supplies to get me thru?
Weigh-in no matter what...it keeps you on track and honest with yourself. Remember this is a no-cheat ever diet. Weekend or week day is the same eating day in and day out.

I try to tell myself that by being so strict that I will be at my goal faster and then I can have a cheat day weekly the rest of my life. So a short time to sacrifice for a lifetime of health (and shopping for cute clothes!)
Old 03-07-2011, 07:28 AM   #4  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning fellow IPer's. I hope that we all had a wonderful weekend. I usually do not post or read much over the weekend and I am catching up. SO MANY NEW people on the forum. WELCOME to everyone, WOW! Together we can do this.

Couts71 - Sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday, here it is a few days late. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Hope it was wonderful for you and your family.

I did see this posted over the weekend.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
So, my question regarding the swimsuits is.....SalesGodDave was brave enough to flaunt his "stuff" in a speedo.....but what about you, JuiceMan? Then the color might matter!

In 2 lbs I should be starting Phase 2....but, I decided to keep going in P1 until I am 5 from goal. I think this may help me decide whether I want to adjust my goal as well.....the 160# puts me just inside of "average" BMI. What do you guys think???
I will not be "flaunting" around in a speedo, ever, regardless of color....LOL. Happy that Dave can do it, but that is not for me. I will stick to trunks.

Here is to a start of another wonderful week! Stay strong and git r dun!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #5  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! Today is my restart day after basically being off plan since December. I feel like a newbie. I plan on reading the posts everyday and keeping myself pumped while I read everyones accomplishments.

I agree with Darbs7, never miss a weigh in. It keeps you honest and on program. Too easy to slide off track if you miss a week.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #6  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Good morning! Today is my restart day after basically being off plan since December. I feel like a newbie. I plan on reading the posts everyday and keeping myself pumped while I read everyones accomplishments.

I agree with Darbs7, never miss a weigh in. It keeps you honest and on program. Too easy to slide off track if you miss a week.

Hey welcome back and good luck at the weigh in. I have been off and on since the New Year, but over the course of that time have managed to be down another 14 on top of the 52 up to Christmas when I was strict. I try to take on hubby's mentality that it is about a life change and that if I take a day or even a week off...that it is right back on. The first day or two is hard, but then...it gets better....but I seem to only be able to be really strict for about 3 weeks at a time now...that is okay. I am down 65 and only another 25 to go.

You got this. I am one week on since returning from my cruise...I ate and drank whatever I wanted...no reserve....I drank worse than I ate (too full all the time).
Old 03-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
You're doing so well only 10 lbs to go!! Don't be discouraged, just think of all the money you're spending for the products...I spent over $400 dollars last month, that helps me stay on track. This diet is an investment!!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/199/170

Height: 65

Good Morning! I had a great Weigh-in Saturday! Starting Week 8.
Dragged out some summer clothes to get ready for a trip to Florida in a couple weeks. What a pleasure it was trying on Shorts and summer tops that never really fit before! The Motivation Continues !!! I Feel Great.
Still get a bit hungry between Breakfast and Lunch - Drink tons of H2o.
My sister saw me this Saturday - and has already made her appointment to start This Diet next week! IT REALLY WORKS!!!! Good LUck to everyone!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #9  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Default Happy thoughts!

This diet is so amazing, it never stops surprising me. I tried on a pair of shorts 3 weeks ago they were kinda snug. I tried them on again last night now they are loose! I can tell you there is no cheat that is worth that feeling. Or the compliment I got from my hubby, "those NEW pants make you look small" - I was thinking, Duh, I kinda am now. LOL! It is amazing the confidence you get back.

Happy Monday folks!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #10  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNinCT View Post
Good Morning! I had a great Weigh-in Saturday! Starting Week 8.
Dragged out some summer clothes to get ready for a trip to Florida in a couple weeks. What a pleasure it was trying on Shorts and summer tops that never really fit before! The Motivation Continues !!! I Feel Great.
Still get a bit hungry between Breakfast and Lunch - Drink tons of H2o.
My sister saw me this Saturday - and has already made her appointment to start This Diet next week! IT REALLY WORKS!!!! Good LUck to everyone!
It is such an awesome feeling isn't it. I to am packing for a trip to Florida next week. First time in years that shopping and trying on summer clothes has been fun. I actually bought sun dresses with spagetti straps.

Oh and alot of times you can see men take a double takes at other women, (including my husband-Grrrr) and now I have decided that I am going to be the woman who gets the double take.

Way to go on your loss and enjoy your vacation!!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
It is such an awesome feeling isn't it. I to am packing for a trip to Florida next week. First time in years that shopping and trying on summer clothes has been fun. I actually bought sun dresses with spagetti straps.

Oh and alot of times you can see men take a double takes at other women, (including my husband-Grrrr) and now I have decided that I am going to be the woman who gets the double take.

Way to go on your loss and enjoy your vacation!!
So cool that you said that about the double takes... I was just thinking a couple of weeks ago about how I used to get those from men & how much fun it was... just a couple of days ago, I got one!.. it was just as much fun, even if it was from an old dude... my goal now is to get 'em from younger & younger guys!!!.. I don't know if it'll ever happen, but it's something to aim for anyway... here's hoping you're soon getting lots of double takes (if you aren't already), especially from your hubby!..

hugs
Old 03-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/155/155

Height: 5.6"

Good Morning Everyone, and Happy Belated Birthday to my Buddy Couts71, and congrats on his amazing journey on IP! You look fabulous.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #13  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Nothing happens in general. What can happen is, following a cheat that effects you as much as this one is, people don't end up going back, cheat again, make excuses, don't end up going back, try alternate, cheat again, don't want to weigh, etc.

JUST DO IT! Nothing changes. You did what you did, the scale will say what it says.

YOU HAD a routine and you got out of it. THE FIRST THING to do is get back in your routine and that means get that "steadily shrinking behind" in for the weigh in.

I will not be one to give permission to run or try to manipulate things. You do have my support knowing that at some point each of us had to face that moment.

YOU CAN DO THIS. It is not the end of the world and the sooner you let that moment go where it belongs (the past) and move forward confidently with what you know works (IP). The better you will feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning fellow IPer's. I hope that we all had a wonderful weekend. I usually do not post or read much over the weekend and I am catching up. SO MANY NEW people on the forum. WELCOME to everyone, WOW! Together we can do this.

I will not be "flaunting" around in a speedo, ever, regardless of color....LOL. Happy that Dave can do it, but that is not for me. I will stick to trunks.

Here is to a start of another wonderful week! Stay strong and git r dun!
Hey there!! I hope you had a great weekend.

And, Darn I guess the all male fashion show will have to be postponed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post

Hey Iowa!

You will do great. Take it slow, be prepared. The first 3 days are no harder than last time you just may have a lower enthusiasm/energy to stick through some moments is what I find. SUCK IT UP, and get through them as fast as you can! Trust me, if you don't it can take weeks to restart!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #14  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

hello all,
I just wanted to pop in and get some suggestions. I am feeling pretty frustrated right now. I have been staying OP and am not loosing. In fact this week (although weigh in is not till Wed) I have gained 2lbs. the only off plan thing that happened was early in the week I had two restricted and two packets. I am just feeling discouraged.
I know if I stick with it that the weight will come off but it just feels a little hopeless right now. I almosted went off plan yesterday and am now contemplating going off for my birthday but then there is a part of me that says DONT do it because again if you stick with it, it will happen.
Sorry for being a downer, I am just frustrated.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #15  
Slowly Shrinking!

S/C/G: Size 18/Size 18/Size 12

Height: 5'8

Good Morning - Weigh In #2 today. I measured myself at home this morning and went shopping in my closet for formerly tight clothes to give myself confidence before this evening's WI. I know I'm seeing progress; I just hope the scale sees it! Good thoughts for everyone and a great day on IP!
Closed Thread