Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 08:26 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Monday, 18 April 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 15-17 April 2011
Old 04-18-2011, 08:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

I am working on something and need a little help...If you were going to rate where you go to weigh in...what would you say was the
1. best thing about the clinic...

2. something they should work on...

Thank you...
:east er2:
:east er3:
Old 04-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Monday everyone! It's the start of a new week, let's make it a great one!

I have my WI on my lunch hour today. I will keep you posted on my progress but I am expecting a good one (for me) today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
I am working on something and need a little help...If you were going to rate where you go to weigh in...what would you say was the

Thank you...
Happy Easter to you too JudoGirl!

1. Best thing about my clinic: Very knowledgeable coaches (for example, I was very impressed that she was able to provide advice related to IP and my thyroid medication) and I absoluely loved the information session prior to starting the program (with product tasting);

2. To work on: the IP business seems to have just taken off and they seem to be having trouble keeping up. My last appointment got cut short because my coach had to go out front to get my file (she forgot to bring it in the room with us) and got stuck processing orders and answering questions about the diet and I sort of felt cheated... They are also often out of the items that I want/need to purchase on the day that I go to purchase them (Multivitamins, ridges, etc.).

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-18-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone, I have my first weigh-in today and I am hoping for at least 2lbs!
I posed the question on the weekend chat so figured I would today...
Anyone have any weight stalls using the WF products? I am using them as I would a sweetner (no more than 3 servings a day) and I am not using additional sweetner. LMK and have an outstanding IP day
Old 04-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Thank you...
1. Supportive, helpful-they called me on my day 3 to see how I was doing. They also did a good job of explaining why they were measuring me where they were measuring me so if I see a different coach, I know that they are measuring at the same spots

2. More office hours. With my crazy work schedule it would be nice if they had some weekend office hours. I already gave them that feedback
Old 04-18-2011, 10:20 AM   #6  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Back from WI # 7... and I lost just over 3 lbs for a total of 21.75 pounds in 7 weeks.

I'm pretty darn happy, especially considering I realized that the Zyrtec I was taking for skin reaction since Friday morning has sugar in it.

My coach said that I look like I was outside gardening and got a little too much sun. That sure is better than the "What happened to your [email protected]?" comments I was getting on Friday.

My goal this week is to develop some interesting IP recipes, including 1) meatballs using the southwest cheese curls/cauliflower instead of rice or breadcrumbs, and 2) moo shu chicken with the crepe mix. I'll let everyone know how they turn out and post the recipes on the recipes thread if they are good...

Happy Monday everyone.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:20 AM   #7  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Thank you...
1. Best thing about the clinic - it is close to my house and because I work an hour away they are able to adjust my appointments for whenever I get there due to traffic... hmmm I guess that isn't saying a lot for the clinic. The coach I have is young but has been on the diet and has tried most of the products as well, she is helpful that way.

2. something they should work on... a little more time spent during weigh ins. I get weighed and then my products and I am out the door... sometimes about every other week I get measured but they are usually short of time.

Have a great week everyone, hoping to be in the Onederland this week, but by my scale yesterday I gained 4 lbs... tom of course is not helping me get under 200....

Oh well there is always next week.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Quote:

Thank you...
1- the best thing about the clinic I go to is that it is 5 min from my house!

2- something that they should work on... I'm not really feeling the fact that the three woman who work in my clinic are all still on phase 1. I really wish at least the head of the clinic would be in the 4th and final maintenance phase... just sayin
Old 04-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoww View Post
Good Morning everyone, I have my first weigh-in today and I am hoping for at least 2lbs!
I posed the question on the weekend chat so figured I would today...
Anyone have any weight stalls using the WF products? I am using them as I would a sweetner (no more than 3 servings a day) and I am not using additional sweetner. LMK and have an outstanding IP day
I haven't personally noticed any stall using WF products but I really only use one a day maximum if that (usually the salad dressing but I have used the seafood sauce and the ketchup).

for your WI! Let us know how it goes!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-18-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #10  

Height: 5'2"

WI # 3 today hopefully it goes good!! Hope everyone has a fabulous Monday!! I'll check back in later
Old 04-18-2011, 11:11 AM   #11  
Started IP 4/7/11

S/C/G: 280/253/185

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
I haven't personally noticed any stall using WF products but I really only use one a day maximum if that (usually the salad dressing but I have used the seafood sauce and the ketchup).

for your WI! Let us know how it goes!
I have yet to find a WF that I like. My friend who quit the first day on the diet bought a ton of the dressings. So far they all gag me. I just don't like all that sweetner. Not sure about stalling out but I remember reading that your body can not tell the difference in artificial sweetner and sugar so the fake stuff is just as bad as far as cravings and such. Any else read something like that? Maybe quit them for a week a see if you can tell a difference.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #12  
Started IP 4/7/11

S/C/G: 280/253/185

Height: 5'11"

I had a great IP weekend actually. This is day 11 and I have steadily dropped a pound or more each day since my last WI. So this week I am expecting a big drop. Also I found another IP food I like. The omelette. I ate one for lunch for the past three days. It is really good loaded with mushrooms and broccoli. I recommend it!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #13  
Started IP - 4/11/2011

S/C/G: 203/193/150

Hi all! Happy Monday! Too bad I'm working on such a pretty day :-)

I weighed myself this morning and it looks like i'm down 7.1 lbs for the 7 days I've been on IP :-) I'm very proud of myself for being so diligent! Had an awesome dinner last night that totally felt like a cheat...chicken fajita salad with bell peppers, lettuce, chopped tomato (my restricted for the week) and the Trader Joe's Chipotle Ranch (0 carbs, 0 sugar - 2 tablespoons is a serving) which I only needed about 2 teaspoons of because the chicken was already flavored with a dry run! Delicious!!

I hope everyone has a great day! I think maybe I'm starting to feel that diet high a little ;-)
Old 04-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #14  
Started IP - 4/11/2011

S/C/G: 203/193/150

Quote:

Thank you...
Hi JudoGirl,

The chiropractor I'm doing this through is still new to getting everything up and running. Me and 14 other of his patients are kind of like the test run. To be honest, I've learned so much more from this forum than from his office.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #15  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:

Thank you...

1. Very nice and the RN seems very knowledgeable and encouraging.

2. Takes forever to get product in (but that's because of where it's shipped from), and she's been out of some of my favorite products the last week or two.
Closed Thread