Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
I had a big disappointment at my weigh in this morning. I weighed myself on my scale RIGHT before leaving my house for WI last week, and again RIGHT before leaving my house for WI this week. Now, I know different scales show different actual weights, but shouldn't the difference be the same? I was down 3 pounds on my scale, so I should be down 3 pounds on the clinic's scale, even if the end number is different right? Wrong. I got to my WI (No water, no food, 15 minute drive), and their scale showed that I was only down .6. I was so sad I felt like crying.
My coach mentioned that other clients of hers were saying the same thing, so I am sure it is her scale, not mine, with the problem. But that was still a killjoy when I thought I was going to have a decent WI. I am trying to shake it off...hopefully she will get a new scale and next week will show a huge loss... but it definitely put a damper on my day. I feel like a weight loss clinic should have a reliable scale...
I know I lost the weight, I don't know why I am obsessing over this when really the number doesn't mean much anyway... but I really look forward to my WI's, especially when I know I have had a good week. The encouragement really helps justify the program for me. I need a hug. lol
Be positive and focus on Harry. I'm jealous that you're going tonight! My hubbie and I are trying to work out when we can go with two oldest kids. 2 year old isn't so interested!
Old 07-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #77  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
I had a big disappointment at my weigh in this morning. I weighed myself on my scale RIGHT before leaving my house for WI last week, and again RIGHT before leaving my house for WI this week. Now, I know different scales show different actual weights, but shouldn't the difference be the same? I was down 3 pounds on my scale, so I should be down 3 pounds on the clinic's scale, even if the end number is different right? Wrong. I got to my WI (No water, no food, 15 minute drive), and their scale showed that I was only down .6. I was so sad I felt like crying.
My coach mentioned that other clients of hers were saying the same thing, so I am sure it is her scale, not mine, with the problem. But that was still a killjoy when I thought I was going to have a decent WI. I am trying to shake it off...hopefully she will get a new scale and next week will show a huge loss... but it definitely put a damper on my day. I feel like a weight loss clinic should have a reliable scale...
I know I lost the weight, I don't know why I am obsessing over this when really the number doesn't mean much anyway... but I really look forward to my WI's, especially when I know I have had a good week. The encouragement really helps justify the program for me. I need a hug. lol
AWWWWWW......I'll definitely give you a hug. I k now exactly how you felt I had that happen only I had a .7 gain!! and was 100% OP and I didn't feel like crying I DID CRY! my coach thought I was crazy, I said you don't understand, she said Yes I do, more than you know. then she said you didn't even gain a whole pound don't worry about it, it will come off next week and it did I had a 2lb loss. So here are some more for you. Don't let it get you down, hold your head up high.....WE will do this!
Old 07-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
Be positive and focus on Harry.

Haha THAT is awesome advice. I am stealing that quote. I am so excited!
Thank you.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
AWWWWWW......I'll definitely give you a hug. I k now exactly how you felt I had that happen only I had a .7 gain!! and was 100% OP and I didn't feel like crying I DID CRY! my coach thought I was crazy, I said you don't understand, she said Yes I do, more than you know. then she said you didn't even gain a whole pound don't worry about it, it will come off next week and it did I had a 2lb loss. So here are some more for you. Don't let it get you down, hold your head up high.....WE will do this!
Thank you... You guys on this forum are really amazing. I am so glad I found this place. I would go insane without it.

PS. I would probably have actually cried... but my coach shares her office with a chiropractor and there was a VERY hot guy there... had to keep up appearances.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #80  

quick question, can we have roasted Soy beans?
Old 07-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #81  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
quick question, can we have roasted Soy beans?
Hmm... by that I believe you mean soy nuts? Yes we can have soy nuts- IP sells them. I buy them from my local health food store, but watch the salted ones!

Well... I hope that's what you meant.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:56 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
What a super idea!!! I live and die by the scale, and hate rationalizing if I'm up a bit (even though it's temporary, it sets the mood for the day for me). I'll start doing that tomorrow - thanks!!
I am / was the same way. If I didn't lose or was up I was depressed the whole day and I started second guessing the program. This is the 2nd week that I am doing the chugging of water in the morning and it is definitely helping. I am finding I am much happier just letting the program do what it does and not worrying about the scale every day.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:35 AM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Hmm... by that I believe you mean soy nuts? Yes we can have soy nuts- IP sells them. I buy them from my local health food store, but watch the salted ones!

Well... I hope that's what you meant.
Well my mom said she saw roasted soy beans at the store today and salty ones so that is why i said beans and not nuts. They are the same thing right?
Old 07-15-2011, 01:12 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Good morning everyone! I am normally never up this early, but the power pole right next to our house got struck by lightning last night ( ) and the power finally came back on just an hour ago. Of course I had left the light right over my bed on... Ugh.
WI#6 is this morning. I am always excited on WI days so I will never get back to sleep now.
Plus... I am a huge nerd of a Harry Potter fan so with the last movie coming out tonight it is kinda like Christmas morning: Once you are up there is no getting back to sleep.
Speaking of which, I have a great NSV to report. Ever since I started the program, I have been planning on today being a cheat day to celebrate being on the program six weeks, and to get popcorn and candy at the movie tonight. Well, when I woke up this morning I didn't even want a cheat day anymore. It actually sounded horrible to ruin the diet. So I am just gonna bring a big bottle of water and some cheese curls to the movie tonight and be perfectly content.

I hope everyone has an amazing OP day!
Good for you for deciding not to cheat! It is a positive & strong decision and you will be proud of yourself rather than having any regrets that may have come with a cheat day. Sorry to hear about the discrepancy on the scales at your WI- it definitely has a harsh impact mentally but you have been doing great and you will continue doing great and next week they WILL have a new scale and you WILL be down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Been awhile since I've posted in the daily thread. So Hi all!

My life is in total disrepair at the moment, so I have kind of shut everyone out that I can. I was going to phase off of IP, since I won't be able to afford it as I'm going from being a sahm to more then likely a minimum wage employee to try and support myself. However after trying on some clothes I was given by a friend to help me when I have to start interviewing (shorts and t-shirts that make up my wardrobe, just weren't going to cut it) I realized how much farther I still have to go. Fortunately my, I don't know what to call him other then spouse, has agreed to help me get my next shipment of food.

One thing I can say about IP is that it's definitely been beneficial to me in this time of my life. It's forced me to continue to eat, even though I don't want too.

Hope everyone has a great OP day.
So sorry to hear that life has been so stormy for you lately- times of such extreme change are so difficult to endure... but you have shown a great strength in your adherence to your diet and may that same strength of mind carry you thru this time of change. My thoughts & prayers are with you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
Good morning! Well had another food dream last night. I've been having them alot these past couple of weeks. It's kinda scary in a way but yet funny. I wake up and I feel satisfied but yet weird at the same time. I know I won't cheat as this is week 12 and still no cheating. I'm very confident in myself. As long as I can keep cheating in my dreams I'll be good....lol.

Another NSV for me. I went shopping last night, had to pick up a few groceries and noticed there was some nice walking shorts on sale. Keep in mind I can't remember the last time I wore shorts, maybe when I was a child. I always hated the way my upper legs looked. I would never wear anything that would show above my knee. I tried on 2 pairs and they both fit and look damn good if you ask me. And they were size 16. When I started IP 11 weeks ago, I was wearing size 22. I feel great and more motivated than ever.
Awesome! Good for you Jo- you've been rockin the program can't wait to see what the next few weeks brings for you!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:23 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

So many things to say as I haven't had a chance to post for a bit... Congrats to all those with NSV's and SV's!
I had a fairly measly loss of 1 pound this week which was disappointing after 3 consecutive weeks of 3 pound losses but was to be expected as usually the body does slow after a bit.
Made a HUGE mistake in stepping on my own scale this week. Haven't done that the entire time of being on the program and don't even know what if any difference there is between my scale and my clinic's but I do know that mine tells me I weigh three pounds more than my clinic's does! Yikes & ouch! Not what I wanted to see.. so have to not do that again and I also have a fair amount of trepidation for what my clinic's scale is going to say to me. But I have been OP no cheats so hopefully it is simply a discrepancy between scales and not a true reflection...
Old 07-15-2011, 02:52 AM   #86  
Started IP 7-14-11

S/C/G: 280/197.2/160

Default I'm Back!

Well, I'm back. I had surgery in December and my surgeon had me on a strict protocol that didn't include IP.

I met with my new coach today and I am so excited to start in the morning!

She has lost 124 pounds in 10 months! A great inspiration.

I saw a quote today and thought I would share it with you:

"Every thousand mile journey starts with one step"

That's my inspiration and my first step starts tomorrow!

Last edited by futureskinnygirl; 07-15-2011 at 03:03 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #87  

Height: 5' 5"

This thread is now closed!
Please place new posts on today's chat thread: IP - Weekend Chat - Fri, 7/15 - Sun, 7/17
Closed Thread