Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lroderick View Post
oh man, but the chili is restricted too ? I had no idea figures I like the stuff thats worst for you ! My coach is nice & all but I feel like never gave me the low down on everything ... these forums are great but theres all different info about restricted foods !!

& as for my hair, I haven't noticed anything yet ? but I feel like my skins glowing from all the water
Chili is restricted but not double restricted - you can have it everyday as your 1 restricted food choice, the stew and spaghetti can only be consumed twice in a week.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #47  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Chili is restricted but not double restricted - you can have it everyday as your 1 restricted food choice, the stew and spaghetti can only be consumed twice in a week.
Weird i was told chili wasn't a restricted...
Old 07-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
Weird i was told chili wasn't a restricted...
Maybe it's not anymore? It does have 13 g of carbs per serving which is above the amount of carbs for a non-restricted item?

I'm just going by my sheet:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Phase 1 - Ideal Protein[1].pdf (67.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

I just made a pancake with the cereal recipe found here, and added raspberry extract and a few drops of raspberry-chocolate stevia. May I just say yummmmmmm!! Definitively the best of all the ones I've tried so far
Old 07-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #50  
Started I.P 06/11/11

Quote:
Maybe it's not anymore? It does have 13 g of carbs per serving which is above the amount of carbs for a non-restricted item?

I'm going to have to talk to that coach of mine.... She told me it wasn't and this could explain a few things when I'm not losing.....
Old 07-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
I'm going to have to talk to that coach of mine.... She told me it wasn't and this could explain a few things when I'm not losing.....
Think about this as an average day if you included the chili as a non-restricted:

If you had a cappuccino for breakfast (5g of carbs)
chili for lunch with 1 c of peppers and 1 c of cucumber (22g of carbs)
5 oz chicken with 1 c roasted asparagus and 1 c green beans (10 g of carbs)
cheese curls as restricted for snack (15 g of carbs)

that would be 52 g of carbs which is way above the amount of carbs you would want to take in every day and for sure stay in ketosis. Not to mention if you had an occassional veggie in there or a higher carb non-restricted choice.

If you find you're not losing very well maybe try watching how many carbs you take in every day, you might be surprised how much higher than you think they are
Old 07-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #52  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
I remember that feeling in the beginning - saying I am eating so much less than before the diet and why isn't the weight falling off very very fast. One of the strategies some of us adopted because we were impatient was to avoid things like the chili and spaghetti. I relied on the vanilla box drinks a lot because I liked them and lost weight quicker with them. BUT as you can see, I haven't kept the weight off very well so a slower approach may be a good choice. For me, to stay focused I needed to see results. And now I'm starting all over again!
On a related note-- how's everyone's hair?? My thick healthy hair took a beating with IP. It is back to looking shiny and thick again -- BUT I look thick too and that's got to go!! So anyone found a solution to the bad
hair on IP problem?
Mary has said to use Biotin, but watch out for mustaches...

Quote:

On my order sheet at the clinic they have all the restricted items on the right hand side and yes chili is still restricted as is oatmeal, crepes, pancakes... etc... heard months ago that oatmeal was no longer restricted but my clinic hasn't heard anything so going with the clinic.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
Good morning! Well had another food dream last night. I've been having them alot these past couple of weeks. It's kinda scary in a way but yet funny. I wake up and I feel satisfied but yet weird at the same time. I know I won't cheat as this is week 12 and still no cheating. I'm very confident in myself. As long as I can keep cheating in my dreams I'll be good....lol.

Another NSV for me. I went shopping last night, had to pick up a few groceries and noticed there was some nice walking shorts on sale. Keep in mind I can't remember the last time I wore shorts, maybe when I was a child. I always hated the way my upper legs looked. I would never wear anything that would show above my knee. I tried on 2 pairs and they both fit and look damn good if you ask me. And they were size 16. When I started IP 11 weeks ago, I was wearing size 22. I feel great and more motivated than ever.
Yeah You!!!! Those smaller size pants always help motivate me!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #54  

Height: 5'4"

Does someone have a spreadsheet or something with the carbs in different veggies? I would like to track carbs for a few days. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #55  
Started I.P 06/11/11

Quote:
Think about this as an average day if you included the chili as a non-restricted:

If you had a cappuccino for breakfast (5g of carbs)
chili for lunch with 1 c of peppers and 1 c of cucumber (22g of carbs)
5 oz chicken with 1 c roasted asparagus and 1 c green beans (10 g of carbs)
cheese curls as restricted for snack (15 g of carbs)

that would be 52 g of carbs which is way above the amount of carbs you would want to take in every day and for sure stay in ketosis. Not to mention if you had an occassional veggie in there or a higher carb non-restricted choice.

If you find you're not losing very well maybe try watching how many carbs you take in every day, you might be surprised how much higher than you think they are
Yeah it does make sense, but this might just be another silly question, the occasional veggies i was told to avoid cause of carb content, but how often do you have green beans?
Old 07-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #56  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Does someone have a spreadsheet or something with the carbs in different veggies? I would like to track carbs for a few days. Thanks!
try useing myfitnesspal.com or loseit works too.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Off to my start up meeting....eeeek!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/175

Height: 5' 5

Quote:
See, another coaching or rather lack of one, issue... we weren't told to stay below an 'actual number' of carbs... What is the magic number??? - and yes, I would like to know as well - is there a sheet with the veggie carb count on it that you can share with us?

And may I just add, Jordanna - your knowledge amazes me, have been reading a few of your posts lately - thank you for all that you help us with!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/175

Height: 5' 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gika View Post
I just made a pancake with the cereal recipe found here, and added raspberry extract and a few drops of raspberry-chocolate stevia. May I just say yummmmmmm!! Definitively the best of all the ones I've tried so far
I too just have to share - the cereal pancake was my lunch today as well... and to get my veggies in I heated up 2 cups of rhubarb, added a little WF strawberry jam with some cinnomen and all spice and used that as the pancake topping - mmm mmm mmmm, delicious!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
?

And may I just add, Jordanna - your knowledge amazes me, have been reading a few of your posts lately - thank you for all that you help us with!
Yes Jordanna! I love your posts! You seem to have all the answers! Thank you for your posts!

Congrats on everyones NSV and SV! Keep it up!
Closed Thread