Old 07-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #121  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Happy Sunday. It's nearly 100 degrees and EXTREMELY humid. My husband and son are headed to the pool (the only thing to do on a Nebraska summer day) and I'm off to work. For the record, I'm feeling really bad for myself. I've got my water bottle full and a bar in my purse and it will be a good day even if it's spent inside and not at the pool.
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:57 PM   #122  

Height: 5'4"

My weekends since I started have been a complete 360 of my weekends before hand. I was eating all day and my husband would bring home junk and we'd have fried food nights and I could go on and on. Now I have a hard time eating enough. I am finding more and more time going by between meals and I just don't want to eat. I have to even make myself have my bar and that's what I look forward to most each day. Crazy how your body and mind change in such a short period of time.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
Do you go off and on the plan frequently? That is what I am understanding from your posts.

Yes, I've gone off plan frequently with too many bars, or just plain off plan. I'm doing it on my own and needed the coach to be held accountable but couldn't afford the cost of the IP products. I've learned a lot about myself and was struggling a lot with binging tendancies. I'm doing much better with that and staying OP on my own. I'm hoping that learning all this stuff now will really help me with maintenance. I'm not perfect and I certainly haven't followed the plan perfectly the whole time. But I'm striving towards 100% OP 100% of the time.
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Question for Redhead: I'm in Winnipeg and will be going to Grand Forks in a month or so. Do you know where is ND to get Mio?

thanks so much - I'm tired of plain water
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Pastor K - my hubby is on IP with me and has dropped 35 pounds - you're an inspiration! Thanks for sharing
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
as I was reading this I thought...hm... have you tried making boneless chicken wings for yourself? and using hot sauce as a dip? then you can have them too. just a thought.
I have, and I actually bought chicken strips to do just this, but it was a mid afternoon "snack" and I was saving my protein for dinner b/c I knew we were going out. But believe you me, I am having buffalo chicken tenders this week for dinner Thanks for the suggestion.

This weekend as a whole has been 1 challenge after another and I never thought I would see the day, but I can't wait for MONDAY! Weekends have been very difficult for me since starting IP and this weekend has certainly put me to the test. Tonight will be 1 more challenge and then I think I am out of the woods. Carrabba's for dinner tonight, and I absolutely love italian food. I was already looking at the menu and think that I am going to get the grilled chicken with the veggie of the day and the starter salad. Unless anyone has any other suggestions?

Thank goodness for this forum b/c if there was ever a time I would fall off track, this would have been the weekend for it. But I keep coming on and checking in. It is keeping me sane!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 156/152/135

Hello! Sundays are the toughest days for me....kind of that 'wind down', 'eat comfort food'' kind of day. Was at a wedding this weekend -VERY long day, no veggies to nibble at cocktail hour, and dinner was ARTIFICIAL everything...sauces, canned veggies, boxed mashed potatoes. Salad was pre mixed with dressing but I asked for a separate one. That salad saved my evening! Typically going out is manageable, but this event was tough to remain inconspicuous but polite.
everyone here having a tough weekend...tomorrow you'll be so proud of yourselves for sticking with it!
luvthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #128  
OP 6/5/11

S/C/G: 252/197/195

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
Pastor K - my hubby is on IP with me and has dropped 35 pounds - you're an inspiration! Thanks for sharing
Well thanks - but from the looks of things, you guys are the inspiration!

Stay Strong!
kellyg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #129  
IP start: July 3 2011

S/C/G: 133/120/110-115

Height: 5'2

Oh my goodness... DO NOT watch cupcake wars... Now all im craving is a big vanilla cupcake. Im thinking i should make a pudding cake now(all I have is lemon)... but last time i made pudding cookies (dark chocolate), it was a challenge getting them down, blah!. They puffed up to balls, but were almost hollow, and tasted mainly of egg.. and plain nothing... are the muffins any better? help!
Skurzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skurzy View Post
Oh my goodness... DO NOT watch cupcake wars... Now all im craving is a big vanilla cupcake. Im thinking i should make a pudding cake now(all I have is lemon)... but last time i made pudding cookies (dark chocolate), it was a challenge getting them down, blah!. They puffed up to balls, but were almost hollow, and tasted mainly of egg.. and plain nothing... are the muffins any better? help!
I eat pudding cakes every single day. I love them! Lemon is also one of my favorite flavors. Butterscotch is my first fav, then lemon and then vanilla with almond extract. Chocolate is so-so. I say make the lemon cakes! They are so good. Make sure you follow the recipe and one thing I noticed is the lemon needs to cook a little bit longer, so do 18 minutes instead of 16.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #131  

I, for one, am glad to see this weekend come to a close. I usually hate Sunday nights, but this weekend has been so challenging that I am actually looking forward to Monday and my regular routine and hitting the gym tomorrow night.

We just got back from dinner at Carrabba's and while it was difficult to not reach into that warm bread basket, my dinner turned out to be delicious. I started off with a caeser salad (dressing on the side) b/c what I read in the travel thread is that caeser has the least amount of carbs. Dinner was a grilled piece of chicken breast and sauted zucchini. It was so good. I might have gone a little over on fat with this meal because of the dressing (even though I didn't use a whole lot) and the veggies were sauted in olive oil. But that is certainly better than having carbs or sugar, right? I can already tell that there was a lot of salt in that meal because I am bloated. I am very sensitive to salt and blow up like a balloon if I eat more than a sprinkling. Lots and lots of water tomorrow to flush it out. But my stomach is sticking out so huge!

Even though this weekend has been tough, I am happy to have stayed OP. I ate out a lot with family and I was able to stick to the plan the whole weekend.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #132  
IP start: July 3 2011

S/C/G: 133/120/110-115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I eat pudding cakes every single day. I love them! Lemon is also one of my favorite flavors. Butterscotch is my first fav, then lemon and then vanilla with almond extract. Chocolate is so-so. I say make the lemon cakes! They are so good. Make sure you follow the recipe and one thing I noticed is the lemon needs to cook a little bit longer, so do 18 minutes instead of 16.
Thanks Jennydoodle! If my lemon pudding cake turns out, ill have to pick up more packages and try the butterscotch and vanilla. I only have a few protein packs, as im lovin the premade shakes and vanilla pudding.. thanks for the help! ill be making them... right now!

good work this weekend!!!
Skurzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #133  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
Question for Redhead: I'm in Winnipeg and will be going to Grand Forks in a month or so. Do you know where is ND to get Mio?

thanks so much - I'm tired of plain water
The Walmart, Target, and the grocery stores all carry it. Some have it with the bottled water or with the other single drink mixes.
Be sure to ask if you can't find it, I've found it in all three places when I've been up in GF.
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 163/144/135

Height: 5.5 1/2

Hi Ipers!! Just trying to do a quick catch up with everyone! I am so excited to see all the NSV and SV!!
Just spent the last week in total chaos and big time SCARE!! My very healthy husband was hospitalized with a very serious heart scare! So happy to report none of it was related to clogged arteries! Unfortunately they are telling us he must have come in contact with a virus ...Whew!!! very scary
And personally speaking..staying OP was a challenge (everyone brought yummy food) BUT I am happy to report I did!!
And bless my sweet husband's heart he was still so encouraging to me!!
We are home now and I must share with you sweet IPer's!! EVERY day is a blessing and does it REALLY matter how we look! NO!! ONLY that we are happy with the choices WE make!! BLESSINGS TO ALL!!!
dawnmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 163/144/135

Height: 5.5 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I, for one, am glad to see this weekend come to a close. I usually hate Sunday nights, but this weekend has been so challenging that I am actually looking forward to Monday and my regular routine and hitting the gym tomorrow night.

We just got back from dinner at Carrabba's and while it was difficult to not reach into that warm bread basket, my dinner turned out to be delicious. I started off with a caeser salad (dressing on the side) b/c what I read in the travel thread is that caeser has the least amount of carbs. Dinner was a grilled piece of chicken breast and sauted zucchini. It was so good. I might have gone a little over on fat with this meal because of the dressing (even though I didn't use a whole lot) and the veggies were sauted in olive oil. But that is certainly better than having carbs or sugar, right? I can already tell that there was a lot of salt in that meal because I am bloated. I am very sensitive to salt and blow up like a balloon if I eat more than a sprinkling. Lots and lots of water tomorrow to flush it out. But my stomach is sticking out so huge!

Even though this weekend has been tough, I am happy to have stayed OP. I ate out a lot with family and I was able to stick to the plan the whole weekend.
I have a bit of medical background but was still surprised to learn (thru this difficult weekend--see my post) that for every molecule of NA (salt) you take in it attaches to 5 molecules of water--DANG!! No wonder!! My goal---stick to Sea Salt at all causes!!
You are doing GREAT!!!! Hang on!!
dawnmad is offline   Reply With Quote