Old 07-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I am certainly being put to the test this weekend. Sitting with my in-laws around the pool and everyone is eating hot wings. Another one of my favorites. And for anyone who likes hot wings, you know how good they smell. I ate my lemon poppy bar while they ate the wings, but the smell was REALLY tempting. 2 nights in a row now being tested with some of my favorites.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:33 PM   #107  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I am certainly being put to the test this weekend. Sitting with my in-laws around the pool and everyone is eating hot wings. Another one of my favorites. And for anyone who likes hot wings, you know how good they smell. I ate my lemon poppy bar while they ate the wings, but the smell was REALLY tempting. 2 nights in a row now being tested with some of my favorites.
And it looks and sounds like you won the battle. Excellent!

Stay strong peeps and keep your eyes on the PRIZE!!!!!
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #108  
IP start: July 3 2011

S/C/G: 133/120/110-115

Height: 5'2

Just a quick question,

Im had 4 oz of tuna for lunch today. Am I able to have another 4 oz of meat with dinner? Along with a light protein pack? Or should just stick with one sitting of meat a day? Not sure the protocol on breaking up meals. Thanks!
Skurzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:04 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skurzy View Post
Just a quick question,

Im had 4 oz of tuna for lunch today. Am I able to have another 4 oz of meat with dinner? Along with a light protein pack? Or should just stick with one sitting of meat a day? Not sure the protocol on breaking up meals. Thanks!
I split meals occasionally and it hasn't made a difference.

I've been back OP for 4 days and am feeling pretty good! The scale has been down 1lb or more every morning. Crazy!
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #110  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

Yes Jennydoodle I feel your pain. My boyfriend stopped to pick up Wendys while we were out running errands. I took in a deep breath of french fries and as gettinmygrooveback stated "kept my eyes on the prize."
Celticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 283.4/271/200

Height: 6'1"

Week 2 is done and I'm down 7.4 lbs! That makes my 2 week total 12.2! And the best part is my BP is down! Still struggling with eating all the veggies and lettuce though.
twilli71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:31 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I split meals occasionally and it hasn't made a difference.

I've been back OP for 4 days and am feeling pretty good! The scale has been down 1lb or more every morning. Crazy!
Do you go off and on the plan frequently? That is what I am understanding from your posts.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #113  

Went to a movie tonight with my husband...I was dreading him getting popcorn but being that he's such a wonderful husband he didn't bother. He did have peanut m&m's but I brought my cheese curls and a bottle of water with a nestea flavor and made it through the movie!
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:24 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 187.6/156.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I brought my cheese curls and a bottle of water with a nestea flavor and made it through the movie!
Good planning! Movies are the hardest for me.
Shanelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:57 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

It feels so good to be catching up with all of you... A week away is much too long! We spent the past week visiting family in Calgary and it has been my most challenging week so far besides my first week. Going out for multiple meals in a day (as I find this is how most people want to visit- going to a restaurant) and staying in someone else's home, the break in routine etc. Hard hard hard. But as I discovered today absolutely worth it!!! Because today I did something that I cannot ever remember doing in my adult life... Drum Roll... I bought a pair of size 6 jeans!!! I bought a pair of size 8's a couple weeks ago and noticed that I can just pull them down when I go to the washroom which s handy when you gotta go about a million times a day but is usually indicative of the fact you can go down a size. So I thought what the heck I'll try a pair of 6's. So I get to the store and pick up a pair of size 6 and I'm looking at the backside of these jeans like I usually do to decide whether or nt I'm going to be able to fit in them and all I can think is there is "No bloody way". Way too small. Even the 8's look small. But I take them in the dressing room ( both sizes) and I think that maybe I'll buy the 6's as a goal- let's just see how far up my leg they'll go... Lo & behold... They went all the way up and did up at the top! Had a bit of an ah-ha moment at this point and I have been one veeerrrryyy happy camper all day! I was pretty afraid of WI this week because of not being as regimented as I'm used to being but really it's the size that tells the story not the weight and so yay! This week is a great week even if the WI isn't a great one!
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
It feels so good to be catching up with all of you... A week away is much too long! We spent the past week visiting family in Calgary and it has been my most challenging week so far besides my first week. Going out for multiple meals in a day (as I find this is how most people want to visit- going to a restaurant) and staying in someone else's home, the break in routine etc. Hard hard hard. But as I discovered today absolutely worth it!!! Because today I did something that I cannot ever remember doing in my adult life... Drum Roll... I bought a pair of size 6 jeans!!! I bought a pair of size 8's a couple weeks ago and noticed that I can just pull them down when I go to the washroom which s handy when you gotta go about a million times a day but is usually indicative of the fact you can go down a size. So I thought what the heck I'll try a pair of 6's. So I get to the store and pick up a pair of size 6 and I'm looking at the backside of these jeans like I usually do to decide whether or nt I'm going to be able to fit in them and all I can think is there is "No bloody way". Way too small. Even the 8's look small. But I take

them in the dressing room ( both sizes) and I think that maybe I'll buy the 6's
as a goal- let's just see how far up my leg they'll go... Lo & behold... They
went all the way up and did up at the top! Had a bit of an ah-ha moment at
this point and I have been one veeerrrryyy happy camper all day! I was pretty
afraid of WI this week because of not being as regimented as I'm used to
being but really it's the size that tells the story not the weight and so yay!
This week is a great week even if the WI isn't a great one!
Great job! I found that as soon as I bought a smaller size, they were falling off within a few days! Feels great though!
TWoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #117  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Sunday!

I've been having a hard time this weekend. Being busy makes it difficult to stay really OP. Saturday it was about 4 pm when I realised that I hadn't had a single glass of water So I guzzled 2 litres as fast as I could and peed all night. Yesterday I was fine with water, but I decided to have my meat at "lunch" (3:00) instead of dinner and then I ended up skipping dinner and evening snack all together. I was not hungry and too busy to remember! Blah. Not my best weekend.

My weight is stalled out- but it's mid month, so that's typical now. I'll be looking forward to the loss next week because this week will likely be lousy. I'm feeling really settled in to the program. I could do this forever if I got an occasional cheat. It's such a turnaround from the way I used to eat- I continue to marvel at what this protocol had done for me.

Have a great Sunday!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #118  

Great job Capricious on your size 6 jeans! Yep, Movinon, you gotta remember to eat and drink your water!

I have had a 100% week and the last few days I have not seen the scale go down!! Hopefully weight loss catches up to me by Tues. weigh in!
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:51 PM   #119  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
as I was reading this I thought...hm... have you tried making boneless chicken wings for yourself? and using hot sauce as a dip? then you can have them too. just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Went to a movie tonight with my husband...I was dreading him getting popcorn but being that he's such a wonderful husband he didn't bother. He did have peanut m&m's but I brought my cheese curls and a bottle of water with a nestea flavor and made it through the movie!
I was really scared the first time I went to the movies too as it was a spur of the moment and luckily I had half a bar in my purse, not so much that I was hungry but I was falling asleep... bad... but my friend didn't get anything, as we both use to get lots of their junk food, it was nice that she didn't get anything. Was the movie good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
It feels so good to be catching up with all of you... A week away is much too long! We spent the past week visiting family in Calgary and it has been my most challenging week so far besides my first week. Going out for multiple meals in a day (as I find this is how most people want to visit- going to a restaurant) and staying in someone else's home, the break in routine etc. Hard hard hard. But as I discovered today absolutely worth it!!! Because today I did something that I cannot ever remember doing in my adult life... Drum Roll... I bought a pair of size 6 jeans!!! I bought a pair of size 8's a couple weeks ago and noticed that I can just pull them down when I go to the washroom which s handy when you gotta go about a million times a day but is usually indicative of the fact you can go down a size. So I thought what the heck I'll try a pair of 6's. So I get to the store and pick up a pair of size 6 and I'm looking at the backside of these jeans like I usually do to decide whether or nt I'm going to be able to fit in them and all I can think is there is "No bloody way". Way too small. Even the 8's look small. But I take them in the dressing room ( both sizes) and I think that maybe I'll buy the 6's as a goal- let's just see how far up my leg they'll go... Lo & behold... They went all the way up and did up at the top! Had a bit of an ah-ha moment at this point and I have been one veeerrrryyy happy camper all day! I was pretty afraid of WI this week because of not being as regimented as I'm used to being but really it's the size that tells the story not the weight and so yay! This week is a great week even if the WI isn't a great one!
Congratulations, I hope seeing yourself in the size 6 jeans, help you realise how far you have come and how great you look and have been doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Happy Sunday!

I've been having a hard time this weekend. Being busy makes it difficult to stay really OP. Saturday it was about 4 pm when I realised that I hadn't had a single glass of water So I guzzled 2 litres as fast as I could and peed all night. Yesterday I was fine with water, but I decided to have my meat at "lunch" (3:00) instead of dinner and then I ended up skipping dinner and evening snack all together. I was not hungry and too busy to remember! Blah. Not my best weekend.

My weight is stalled out- but it's mid month, so that's typical now. I'll be looking forward to the loss next week because this week will likely be lousy. I'm feeling really settled in to the program. I could do this forever if I got an occasional cheat. It's such a turnaround from the way I used to eat- I continue to marvel at what this protocol had done for me.

Have a great Sunday!
Cindy, I found the weekends if I don't start with my water before my early morning walk I don't get mine in either. I find that is the worst thing about weekends if I am home working I forget to drink, but if I go out I always have some water with me... I guess the key for the weekend is planning.... it has been a bad weekend for me, been sleeping a lot and not sure why. Woke this morning with a migraine and running through the mosquitos and the rain didn't clear my head so, back to having another nap to see if I can get rid of it. Have a great Sunday everyone. Stay OP and good things happen. At least I hope... WI # 21 tomorrow after 5pm will tell my story... I think this will be one of my low weeks but a loss is better than nothing.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #120  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Good morning IPers!! Hope you're having a great Friday. Fridays just make me smile because it means a weekend home with my son and hubby. It's a million degrees here so we'll probably spend it at the pool.

In regards to drinks- most will adhere to "no diet pop" because we are trying to have an alkaline (hope that's spelled right...it means non-acidic) environment in our bodies. All diet pop will have some sort of acid in it. Now, with that said, diet pop is my sanity and I've had 1 a day for the entire diet and I'm almost at goal. That's my 2 cents and others will likely disagree.

After a 4th of July weekend of indulgence, I'm on my 4th day 100% back on plan. It's gone well but, gosh, weekends are hard. Regardless, I'm all in. Almost done with program and need to finish strong!
Thank you. I know that the IP fruit flavored drinks have citric acid as does Propel water. Maybe not as much. Oh, well...I will do without.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote