Old 07-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
One thing I have found about IP is that the weight seems to come off differently from other diets. Many years ago, I was on WW and got down to 145. At that time, I wore a size 10 in pants. Today I am at 179 and wear a size 10 in pants and even picked up a pair of size 8 capri's this weekend that fit. Of course I've had a bunch of people tell me that they make sizes bigger than they used to but still a size 8! I know my thighs are thinner than they used to be at lower weights. Good luck with your co-worker.
I have found this to be true too. I am fitting into my size 10 pants that I bought about 18 months ago and was 10 pounds lighter than I am currently. Some are actually getting too lose to wear and I am heavier than I was when I bought them. Also, I wore a pair of jeans today that 2 weeks ago fit ok, still a little snug, that today fit great. And in that time I have only lost 2.2 pounds. On any other diet, it would take me 5-10 pounds in weight change to feel any difference in my clothes. So yes, I do think that we (or I) am losing weight differently.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 132.5/116.2/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofflaw1 View Post
Alrighty, been a busy morning at work! Hardly had time to check on my forum!
As far as the weather is going here in Vegas, LOTS of flash flood warnings...but no rain. At least not where I'm at. Haha
When I read people's posts about mosquitoes it's so weird to me. The only time I have ever seen mosquitoes is when I'm camping. Of course it depends on where you live but I never even fathomed those little buggers being around my HOUSE. OH GOD!
I asked my coach about egg whites and carbonated drinks. He said the egg whites are not free. They pack an extra 12 calories per 1 egg white and that's unnecessary calories so I'm going to go with that :P And he said he would not drink carbonation on this diet either because it's not good for you.
Now, I have never been to Canada so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question...Do you guys have WalMart? MiO's are always sold there. and some WF dressings, too.
My weigh in this morning was 151.4 lbs. Down 7.4 lbs! GO ME! Fat went up though. Coach says it's normal the first week.
That's my update ^_^ I really enjoy the wildberry yogurt A LOT. Glad I picked it up ^_^
I envy you not having Mosquitos. I can't even go in our backyard without getting bitten to death! Our Wal-Mart doesn't sell WF dressing so you're lucky there too!
Susank2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 149.5/145.4/138

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Oh that's a kind offer but I don't want anyone to go to any trouble, they just sound so good and come up in conversation so often I was hoping we had them here but I'm thinking no such luck...
Do you have Wincos? That is where I found mine, in the States, but they are really good!
kimvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #79  

Height: 5' 5"

Yeah, the MiO website says that they don't sell it in Canada.

I'm going to the states next month, so I'll be looking for it- I'm curious if it's any good.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #80  
THB

S/C/G: 244/191/180

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
SOUND TRUMPETS

ANNOUNCENT: I just had my first weigh-in and I am down 6.8 lbs. A MIRACLE. It took me 5 months to lose that much on WW. My coach said I am the type of person that this program seems to work really well for. I am on thyroid meds and she says all her thyroid clients get better results than any other diet they tried. YEAH

What is MIO ?
Awesome!! It feels great doesn't it?
THB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #81  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Height: 5'2"

I really like it--beats drinking normal water. For me, anyways. it's a lot like the kool-aid taste to me.
But here's a question for anyone who might know...can we juice our veggies? My sister is an avid juicer and says that even if you juice fruits and veggies, you still get all the vitamins you need as if you were eating the whole thing. But I would like to try to drink some of my veggies, like celery, since I'm not much for vegetables anyways. :P haha
Scofflaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Congrats to all the "losers" out there!! Have a super weekend. LOVED the post about the scale - the only thing that's stopped me from tossing mine out the window on occasion is that there's no window in the bathroom
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:14 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I don't judge what others eat because not long ago I would've more than likely been right there with them but......

At break I went to fill my water and there was "cake in a bowl" on the table. Yesterday it was donuts. Everyday it's something different. Anyway, I literally got goose bumps and my stomach turned when I saw the amount of cake the people were taking. I've never had that experience. Weird! Oh and I about died when one lady put a banana on hers to make it healthy. I wonder if she knows that banana is about 100 calories she just added to her 600+ calorie cake. To each their own and I didn't say a word but it was a strange feeling for me!
I walk a fine line between disgust and envy. I have eaten healthy for a long time and am used to turning down any sweets and treats in the kitchen at work. Knowing what that junk food does to our bodies definitely disgusts me. And sometimes I can't help but feel better about myself for not indulging. Before IP, I never ate processed food. I always bought organic foods, grass fed beef, no hormones added to meat, etc, etc...

But the flip side of this is definitely envy. That "ignorance is bliss" mentality. Sometimes I wish I didn't care so much, that I would be satisfied being "fat & happy". Eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I know that this is not the way to live, but I do have to say that I am sometimes envious of those who just don't care or don't have a clue. I am sure this sounds absolutely crazy, but it is true. I know that I will never live like this, but it is kind of like the "lottery fantasy game". The "if you could eat whatever you wanted without worrying about it, what would you eat" fantasy.

On a separate note, had a great NSV this evening. We went out to dinner with my in-laws and went to our favorite Mexican place. I got a salad with grilled steak and DID NOT EAT 1 TORTILLA CHIP! That was absolutely huge for me. It was hard, but totally doable. It's not like I was craving them, but just the habit of indulging in them as soon as you sit down at the table.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:25 PM   #84  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Oh my gosh, that's so exciting! I'd try Berry Pom or Mango Peach or sweet tea Any of those sound great

Let me know if you would like me to send you some money before she leaves
Didn't realize that some of you couldn't get MIO!!! I can get all the flavors.....anyone that would like some let me know. PM or right here. Plus, I'm pretty close to Canada.....in fact when I travel people have even made the statement "oh North Dakota isn't that part of Canada".....
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #85  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofflaw1 View Post
I really like it--beats drinking normal water. For me, anyways. it's a lot like the kool-aid taste to me.
But here's a question for anyone who might know...can we juice our veggies? My sister is an avid juicer and says that even if you juice fruits and veggies, you still get all the vitamins you need as if you were eating the whole thing. But I would like to try to drink some of my veggies, like celery, since I'm not much for vegetables anyways. :P haha
I wouldn't get into the practice of regularly juicing your veggies - you're losing out on the fiber and other good things that are part of them other than what can be extracted in a juicer. And speaking of fiber, the veggies are necessary to keep your system moving! I suspect you'd find yourself awfully constipated if you stopped eating them.
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:56 PM   #86  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Ok Today at 2PM is my first weight-in.... this morning at home, naked and no food or water yet, I was 5.2 lbs down. YIPPEE, this has never happened for me and I followed Nutrisystem to the tee and WW to the tee. I blamed my faulty thyroid, but this is seeming to work. SMILES ALL 'ROUND! I will post my official loss later today.

I have 2 parties on the Lake (Keuka, the most beautiful Finger Lake, tee hee,where I grew up) this weekend and I am taking my own cooler and don't care what anybody says!
WOW BELLAMACK your story sounds almost like a re-run of my life (NutriSystem and WW, etc.). This is the first time I've been this successful in my entire life and at almost 60 I began dieting when I was 15. I was always very athletic and loved dance (dance team in high school) and so was always watching my weight. At 40 I gained 30 pounds in 1 month and wasn't diabetic. I have been trying for almost 20 years to lose that weight and COULD NOT until NOW! YAY!

5.2 is an AWESOME beginning. The first week is the toughest so you ARE ON YOUR WAY! Smile. Welcome and Congrats!
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:04 AM   #87  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by droppingit View Post
I am starting my second week on IP. It is great and it is working. Before I started IP, I had lost 33 pounds on my own so my REAL start weight is 343. After that initial loss, I completely stalled ...and gained and lost the same 5 pounds over and over for about 6 months!
I was so happy to see a loss of nine punds my first week on this plan. I now am just about to cross the threshold into the 200's, I was waiting for it this morning...so anxious...AND THE SCALE SAID ....300.01.
AHHHHHHHHHHH!
I know it will be below tomorrow and I am laughing at myself...and no...the scale did not end up flying out of the window, but I thought about it...lol
All I can say (well that's never really true ... but) is WOW! That is so fantastic and I am so very happy for you! Congratulations and keep up the great work! Smile.
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:30 AM   #88  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPP PEEEEEEPPPPPPEE

This is the daily song i hear my body playing...its like..3 litres of water and it all decides to come ou t at night..so its like..interupted sleep..ahhhhhh!!!!!

On the other hand..good day today..down another pound..which equals..9 pounds down in 5 days...go me!

Meanwhile, i tried the WF sweet and spicy BBQ sauce..not bad not bad..ooh and got some devinci sugar free syrups...mmmmmm... pepermint paddy and chocolate + carbonated water = delicious chocolate mint soda!!! mmmm!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:30 AM   #89  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Oh and for those looking for Mio water flavours..you can order them off the walmart website if you cant find them in the walmart stores..free shipping or so i hear?
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:23 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 220/213/150

Height: 5'7''

does garlic powder have any carb or sugar? didn't see any nutri info when I was checking them at the grocery store.
jac83 is offline   Reply With Quote