Old 06-29-2011, 11:34 PM   #106  

Height: 5'3"

Ok I experimented a bit with the pudding cakes. I had made butterscotch ones and they weren't all that great, wet almost but after they had cooled by this evening they were a better consistency. I warmed them up a bit, sprinkled some chopped up chocolate soy puffs(about 5) and some WF's chocolate syrup over top...ok that definitely tasted decadent.

Last edited by Losingtime; 06-29-2011 at 11:34 PM. Reason: bad spelling! haha
Losingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:16 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

So I learned something important today! I've been feeling awful a long time. Sluggish, headaches, stomach aches and really tired with little patience. I ate like I used to today and felt the same way. I used to try and eat different things to see if it would help me feel better but it never did. I'm really wondering if, like my Mom, I have wheat intolerances and general carb intolerance. I'd been feeling really good while on IP. This is suprising to discover but also really helps me. I hope this discovery will help keep me OP. I'd say I'm ready and roaring to go, but I've said it before. However, I think I can do it. It's not worth eating whatever I want if I'm going to feel like this. This sucks.
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:05 AM   #108  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

[QUOTE=ItsAboutTime;3913651]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post

Our local store said they can't keep turnips in because so many are on IP and they love the fried. Haven't tried them yet. Never had turnips so I don't know what they taste like. And tell me more about this big mac in a bowl. Sounds like my kinda food!
You have no idea what you're missing.

Turnip Fries

* 4 turnips, trimmed and peeled (about 1¼ pounds)
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 teaspoon Sea salt
* ½ teaspoon chili powder

Directions:

Heat oven to 425°F. Cut turnips into 2x½ sticks. Place on a foil-lined pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and chili powder. Toss with your hands to coat. Spread out in a single layer. Roast fries 30 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time for even browning. Serve immediately.

-personally I use a ziploc bag and toss them that way

Big Mac in a bowl

* 1/2 pound raw ground beef, about 5 1/2 ounces cooked weight or 153 grams cooked *
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 1 teaspoon minced dry onions
* 46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
* 2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing
* 1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded

Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper.. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.
JoAnne9597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #109  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

This thread is now closed.
Please post all posts on today's new thread...

Thanks!
Cathryn
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
Well, I'll stay on plan! I have too much trouble with restricteds so I'll be cutting them out. I may just box them up and put them somewhere else. They're too much for me. I feel bad saying how badly I've been having trouble sticking to plan but I've been having a lot of trouble. Today was the worst and now I'm paying for it. I have an awful headache and feel sick. I'm not hungry now though so I'm not eating. I used to eat because I was, well anything. That's something at least.

Tomorrow is a new day and I figured I'm only 6llbs away from a healthy BMI. So that's my new mini goal in my head. That's a lot to answer your question, sorry.

I especially feel bad because I know other people are staying OP and not losing much and I don't want to discourage others. I may just not post as often until I can get myself back under control. It's embarrassing how hard of a time I'm having sticking to plan.

I really want to go for a run today but it's way too hot and there's no one to watch the kids. gah.
Don't quit and don't leave us. You're doing great. We all go through rough patches we just need to get through them and past them and move on. You've come a long way and I like hearing about everybody's struggles (I know it sounds bad) but at least I know I'm not the only one plus we're all humans and life is never easy. Take it one day at a time and next week will be a better week. Just get all the negative thoughts out of your mind and things will turn for the best. Hope you have a better week. Good luck and keep us posted. You can do it. We believe in you!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:16 AM   #111  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHorn92 View Post
Joanne,
i was so excited to try the turnip fries, but they were yucky. Not crispy at all. Any suggestions?
How long did you good them for? I know the recipe says to cook 425 F for 30 minutes, but if I remember correctly they weren't ready so I went for an extra 10-15 minutes. You have to play around with it, everybody's oven's are different. Plus I didn't cook the whole turnip at once. I cut it all up at once but only cooked half of it. Hope this helps.