IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, June 29 - Page 5 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 06-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #61  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieElizabeth View Post
Hi everyone! Well, I had a weigh in this morning and was down 3.6 pounds from last week, so I feel fantastic! I was wondering if your coaches measure you every week and do your body fat percentage when you weigh?
My coach measures me every week and checks my body fat percentage
abbykitty1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #62  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I'm going camping for the next four days up in the mountains and I'm hoping I have myself all prepared to go. I'm going to make pudding cakes, and maple oatmeal cookies to have as a couple lunches and I'm going to make non-restricted pancakes with WF syrup for when everyone else is having pancakes...

I'm cutting up lots of fresh veggies and taking southwest cheese curls to have in the evenings...

Here's to hoping I don't crash and burn
Good luck and have fun!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #63  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
I think the s'mores would be my biggest concern if I were going.
Me too!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
Good luck Jordanna! You can do it! It sounds like you have it really thought through. Just remember you are there for the fun and people, not the food.
I saw someone somewhere talking about making frozen chocolate square things with WF chocolate and Marshmallow stuff. I don't know if the people you are going with are prone to s'mores, but that could be a good substitute if they are.
I think the s'mores would be my biggest concern if I were going.
I suppose that is what I need to keep in mind, I'm there for the fun and people...not food...even though the camping food is SO GOOD lol.

I have to go grocery shopping this afternoon and my husband wrote on the bottom of my list in capital letters....

S'MORES!!!

I must love him...
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieElizabeth View Post
Hi everyone! Well, I had a weigh in this morning and was down 3.6 pounds from last week, so I feel fantastic! I was wondering if your coaches measure you every week and do your body fat percentage when you weigh?
At my clinic they weigh, measure and do the body fat % using the scale every week. I had to pay extra to use the scale whenever I want, but I think it is worth it as my bf% has dropped significantly while on ip. Without it I would probably still be trying to lose the last 5 pounds.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #66  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
I'm going camping for the next four days up in the mountains and I'm hoping I have myself all prepared to go. I'm going to make pudding cakes, and maple oatmeal cookies to have as a couple lunches and I'm going to make non-restricted pancakes with WF syrup for when everyone else is having pancakes...

I'm cutting up lots of fresh veggies and taking southwest cheese curls to have in the evenings...

Here's to hoping I don't crash and burn
I was in Jasper last weekend and did lots of hiking, I brought the "Meatless Chicken" which is extremely high in protein to munch on with cucumber ....
Have a great weekend there!!!
colley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 159/150/129

Height: 5'2

Quote:
S'MORES!!![/SIZE]

I must love him...
I see you are in Alberta - They have smore kits at Superstore - They are great as it is all pre portioned out... no chocolcate bars and bags of marshmallows to hang around after
Thefireresides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:55 PM   #68  
Space Hamster

S/C/G: 175... 145/135/120

Height: 5'1"

And idea to have your own s'mores:

So in experimenting, I made pudding cookies instead of the cakes.

Prep is following the pudding cake recipe with some changes:

oven at 375

1 egg white (I think I used slightly more because I have a carton and used 4tbsp and it says 3tbsp is one egg white)
2 oz water
fold in pudding packet

on cookie sheet (with wax paper or with pam) spoon (I used a tbsp measure) mixture onto sheet and spread in a flat circle (if you just mound it you will get little puffs)

cook at 350 for 20 to 30 min
half way through, flip the 'cookies' over and squish down with a spatula (they will puff up during cooking)

They are crispy first out of the oven, but get chewy over time. They keep well tho.

You could make a few of these ahead of time. Bring them in a baggy and when at camping reheat/recrisp by the fire.

Add a touch of WF Marshmallow and WF chocolate and sandwich.

Not a perfect s'more, but close.

Hmmm... this makes me want to try it now.

Last edited by WijitingBoo; 06-29-2011 at 03:00 PM.
WijitingBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:06 PM   #69  

MMMMMMM wijitingBoo...will HAVE to try these for sure
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:21 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

I tried to make the pudding cakes last night, but I must have done something wrong - they came out like plastic on the top, and way too moist inside. I double checked the recipe, and I did follow it exactly, so what went wrong? or, is this what they are suppposed to be like? Cause if they are supposed to be this way, how can anybody eat them? Yech.
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

I still haven't mastered cooking the pancakes or crepes. They come out like mush
wheekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #72  

S/C/G: S:222/C:195/G:135

Height: 5'3"

Thanks WijitingBoo for the cookie idea...I might have to try those one night this week!

Had WI #5 and am down another 2.4lbs. I am glad since its my TOM but I have only lost in the 2lb range for the last 3 weeks. I am missing the bigger losses that I had my first two weeks!! I am staying positive because I am having losses but would like another big one Well I am getting closer to the under 200 mark and am excited about that!! It will be nice when that happens!! I know we all have bad days but as long as we stay positive I think we can get through those hard days!!! I am thankful for everyone's posts and support! Its great to have a place where everyone is going through the same thing! Everyone have a great Wed!!

Last edited by Timetolose; 06-29-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Timetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

O.M.G- just tried the Chocolate drink (packet) warm instead of cold and it is the most delicious hot chocolate. I don't think I will drink it cold again!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
I tried to make the pudding cakes last night, but I must have done something wrong - they came out like plastic on the top, and way too moist inside. I double checked the recipe, and I did follow it exactly, so what went wrong? or, is this what they are suppposed to be like? Cause if they are supposed to be this way, how can anybody eat them? Yech.
I'm not sure what you did wrong. maybe they were cooked for too long? Some flavors cook better than others. Maybe you put too much batter in too small of a container or vice versa? I am not really sure. Mine are always pretty moist inside, but they are delish! Not plastic-y on the top at all. I bake them until they are just starting to brown on the top and let them cool in the baking dish, so that they finish baking while they are cooling. I have found the butterscotch to bake the best.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

The past couple of days have been kind of weird for me.. after not experiencing much hunger or cravings.. I was ravenous on Monday! I had to go to the grocery store to buy veggies, but really I wanted to grab everything else in sight! Then yesterday I was nauseus ... FROM the time I woke up, on and off until bedtime. Today I woke up extremely bloated... so I'm wondering if all of that really was just because of TOM?

I have a question though, does anyone know if the southwest, bbq, and white cheddar ridges are ALL restricted?

I know the salt and vinegar are, according to my nutritional info sheet, but there is no info on the other stuff, also what about the apple cinnamon soy puffs?
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote