Old 06-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gika View Post
I have a question though, does anyone know if the southwest, bbq, and white cheddar ridges are ALL restricted?

I know the salt and vinegar are, according to my nutritional info sheet, but there is no info on the other stuff, also what about the apple cinnamon soy puffs?
Sadly they are all restricted
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #77  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefireresides View Post
I see you are in Alberta - They have smore kits at Superstore - They are great as it is all pre portioned out... no chocolcate bars and bags of marshmallows to hang around after
Costco has them as well!!!!
colley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #78  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
I tried to make the pudding cakes last night, but I must have done something wrong - they came out like plastic on the top, and way too moist inside. I double checked the recipe, and I did follow it exactly, so what went wrong? or, is this what they are suppposed to be like? Cause if they are supposed to be this way, how can anybody eat them? Yech.
Are you using the Proti pudding for this or do you have IP packets? I used the Proti for these and they came out like yours did- not so great. I think it's a product difference issue. While the products may be nutritionally similar, the ingredients may not.
I keep thinking about whipping egg whites to meringue consistency and then adding the pudding powder and maybe a hit of Splenda. I haven't tried it yet, but i imagine something more like meringue cookies than the other things- which was, yeah, kinda weird. Mine went in the garbage.
There is a recipe for zucchini muffins using the oatmeal. Those were way better using Proti oatmeal and lots of cinnamon. If I find the recipe I'll repost it....
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #79  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca1978 View Post
I had a nightmare last night and it involved cake! I am not sure what was going on, but I started panicking!

I did get my hair cut and colored yesterday. I am finally starting to feel "put together" again. I can tell that I am losing weight and have started feeling better about myself again. I like it!
I think that is a stage in our program, I had nightmares for about 2 weeks and now just every once and a while... I think it is funny that we all dream of cheating and wake up mad at ourselves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieElizabeth View Post
Hi everyone! Well, I had a weigh in this morning and was down 3.6 pounds from last week, so I feel fantastic! I was wondering if your coaches measure you every week and do your body fat percentage when you weigh?
Congrats Carrie. Mine weighs me every week but every other week with the measuring. and about once every 3 weeks we print out the BMI scale results to compare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning all! I just did about 45 min. of lawn mowing with sweating and moving and lifting the basket of grass. I hope that isn't too much exercise but it needed to be done!! LOL My coach lets me buy individual packets so I didn't know the nutritional info until I downloaded a pdf. file found here. Thanks to the poster. Anyway I bought a bunch of choc. drinks packets and realize they have 7 carbs so I think I am going to go back and exchange them. (They let us do that here)

Also , I was talking to a friend n IP and she wanted to know if eating dill pickles causes you to retain due to the sodium. Has anyone had that happen to them?

Congrats to all the losers and those who have lost inches. Hang in there if you are one of those the scale didn't move for this week!
Hi Sandy if you like the chocolate drink, have a chocolate pudding and add extra water not as much carbs. I like my pudding that way too, and I sometimes add different syrups for a different taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
Only down 1.4lbs this week, however... I lost 2 inches from each thigh! I knew my pants were sagging, so am surprised I didn't lose more. Oh, well. A loss is a loss. It just means a bigger drop next week!!!
Does your coach measure both thighs? it is different how they all do things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I'm going camping for the next four days up in the mountains and I'm hoping I have myself all prepared to go. I'm going to make pudding cakes, and maple oatmeal cookies to have as a couple lunches and I'm going to make non-restricted pancakes with WF syrup for when everyone else is having pancakes...

I'm cutting up lots of fresh veggies and taking southwest cheese curls to have in the evenings...

Here's to hoping I don't crash and burn
You sound like you are well prepared. I am happy to see you are just doing the puddings this time. That must have gotten a little boring after a while. Have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WijitingBoo View Post
And idea to have your own s'mores:

So in experimenting, I made pudding cookies instead of the cakes.

Prep is following the pudding cake recipe with some changes:

oven at 375

1 egg white (I think I used slightly more because I have a carton and used 4tbsp and it says 3tbsp is one egg white)
2 oz water
fold in pudding packet

on cookie sheet (with wax paper or with pam) spoon (I used a tbsp measure) mixture onto sheet and spread in a flat circle (if you just mound it you will get little puffs)

cook at 350 for 20 to 30 min
half way through, flip the 'cookies' over and squish down with a spatula (they will puff up during cooking)

They are crispy first out of the oven, but get chewy over time. They keep well tho.

You could make a few of these ahead of time. Bring them in a baggy and when at camping reheat/recrisp by the fire.

Add a touch of WF Marshmallow and WF chocolate and sandwich.

Not a perfect s'more, but close.

Hmmm... this makes me want to try it now.
That sounds really yummy I will definately have to experiment with that one. Thank you for the recipe.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:57 PM   #80  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Lots of great activity here today. Sounds like a lot of SVs and NSVs! Congrats!

For those of you who feel stalled, try to stick with it. I know it is hard. I had weeks of really small losses while being 100% OP and it definitely took longer for me to get to goal than I had hoped. That being said, now when I look back I don't think about the slow loss weeks. I only look back and marvel at the fact that I lost about 40 lbs in a short period of time when nothing else was working.

Hang in there!!!

I also bumped a thread on the novi cleanse that Beach Bella started a while back. It has some good info that might help some people considering the cleanse.
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Well, what a start to the week.. I went for my weign in Monday morning at 0830 only to be told that my appointment had been mis-scheduled and I was not on the books.. Sooo, I scheduled my appointment for yesterday at 2:30 in the afternoon, the only open spot they have.. Oh, how I detest afternoon weigh ins. I am thankfully down 10 lbs from my restarting point and just 5 lbs away from my weight when I stopped..
I had a wonderful few days off work, a friend is in from out of town. We ate out two days, but I managed to stay OP and in ketosis!!! NSV for me!
I'm excited about the holiday weekend and have figured out a few ways to make grilling out and enjoying the "feeling" of having drinks and treats, even if I'm not!!
Hoping for good results next Wednesday morning!!!
whisperingshouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:25 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 207/169/163

Height: 5 ft 9 in

Default going back on strict program

I have been on maintenance for about 3 weeks. I am feeling like I should return to stage 1 again for awhile. I just feel bloated. My next appt isn't until July 12.

Does anyone know if it is damaging to go back to #1 for a week or so?
SisterPotsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:40 PM   #83  

Well I'm off for a few days - heading out to the mountains for the Canada Day weekend...take care all
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterPotsy View Post
I have been on maintenance for about 3 weeks. I am feeling like I should return to stage 1 again for awhile. I just feel bloated. My next appt isn't until July 12.

I am Also supposed to be on maintenance but mainly eat phase 2, or 1 if I don't have time for lunch.

Adding back the carbs has not done anything good for me. I am happier without them.

I think you should eat whatever makes you feel good.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:45 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterPotsy View Post

I personally don't know.. But I have read many posts that people will do a phase one boot camp for a week or two if needed!
whisperingshouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #86  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by WijitingBoo View Post
And idea to have your own s'mores:

So in experimenting, I made pudding cookies instead of the cakes.

Prep is following the pudding cake recipe with some changes:

oven at 375

1 egg white (I think I used slightly more because I have a carton and used 4tbsp and it says 3tbsp is one egg white)
2 oz water
fold in pudding packet

on cookie sheet (with wax paper or with pam) spoon (I used a tbsp measure) mixture onto sheet and spread in a flat circle (if you just mound it you will get little puffs)

cook at 350 for 20 to 30 min
half way through, flip the 'cookies' over and squish down with a spatula (they will puff up during cooking)

They are crispy first out of the oven, but get chewy over time. They keep well tho.

You could make a few of these ahead of time. Bring them in a baggy and when at camping reheat/recrisp by the fire.

Add a touch of WF Marshmallow and WF chocolate and sandwich.

Not a perfect s'more, but close.

Hmmm... this makes me want to try it now.
These sound GREAT! I will be trying these out.
Thank you!!!!

Last edited by Watkat; 06-29-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
O.M.G- just tried the Chocolate drink (packet) warm instead of cold and it is the most delicious hot chocolate. I don't think I will drink it cold again!
Right?! I never drink it cold anymore. Just be careful not to overheat - it gets a weird, foamy film.
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Question Question

I have a question. Does anyone know why we are not allowed avocados or black olives? I was just reading an article on low-carb diets and it specifically mentioned these two as great for low-card dieters. But I know they are on our no-no list.
Just wondering. I trust the program, but this doesn't make sense to me. (And I happen to love both of these things... )

Last edited by Princess Jessica; 06-29-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:05 PM   #89  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
I have a question. Does anyone know why we are not allowed avocados or black olives? I was just reading an article on low-carb diets and it specifically mentioned these two as great for low-card dieters. But I know they are on our no-no list.
Just wondering. I trust the program, but this doesn't make sense to me. (And I happen to love both of these things... )
Probably because of the high fat content.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
I love avocados, but as much as I love them and I know they contain the very good kind of fats, I know they are quite high in the calorie count. This could be a reason why they are not allowed.
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote