Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #91  

Height: 5' 5"

I love Saturdays! I also love days when that morning weigh in is 1 lb less than it was yesterday. That makes me pretty happy!

I'm fighting the battle to onederland still. I'm getting anxious because it feels like it's going to take forever to get there. (boo!)

My GF is having all of the girls at her house on her birthday weekend (july 29) and she has hired a chef to come in and cook an elaborate meal for us at her house. I have already decided that I'm going to let myself be off plan for that meal (not the whole weekend) and enjoy it. I would love to be at 190 by then. I haven't been under 190 for 12 years.

I have 5 weeks to drop 13 lbs. Sounds easy, but I feel like I've been stalling out more than I've been losing lately. It's looking like my mini goals are lining up: Onederland, then 190 (lowest weight in 12 years), then probably every 10 lbs after that! Oops I think I just overwhelmed myself. Can't think that far ahead.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 06-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #92  
Jocey

S/C/G: (191)...171/151.5/145

Height: 5"4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Hang in there- a lot of people stall in the 4th or 5th weeks. I totally did too and it's annoying. If you keep on protocol, those losses will pick right back up. Have a great weekend!
Thanks for your encouragement, I really needed it today. Hope you have a great weekend!!
Old 06-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #93  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Cool Saturday mornings I love them

Good morning all just got back from a long walk with my dogs in the river valley, my the river is still too high for the dogs to swim in, which is disappointing but it will go down soon. I love being in the river valley in the early mornings, not as many people or dogs and surprising no mosquitos this morning. Must be the cold weather, suppose to rain most of the day.

I like so many do weigh myself at home, and each time I do I wonder why I do it. I know the plan works and it is just a little scary that you can have a 5 lb difference. I am just brushing it aside and letting the diet work. Today is planned for me the agility group is doing a demo (inside which is good) then tonight I have a seminar. So tomorrow will be cleaning and getting ready for next week. Hope Everyone has a great weekend. Keep working the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
did you want Taylor's number to pass along?
yes please, I am not sure she will do this as she really only has about 15 lbs to lose. But I am just going to pass all the information along and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkat View Post
WOW! I am only losing 2 a week after my initial loss of 6. Maybe I should exercise?
I don't think 2 is bad at all, I know that it says 3 -4 lbs a week but I get about 2.5 a week and then I get a big drop. Be patient and like pxlktty said do toning and walks. Remember to continue to measure everything and like they say eat your vegetables!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
I love Saturdays! I also love days when that morning weigh in is 1 lb less than it was yesterday. That makes me pretty happy!

I'm fighting the battle to onederland still. I'm getting anxious because it feels like it's going to take forever to get there. (boo!)

My GF is having all of the girls at her house on her birthday weekend (july 29) and she has hired a chef to come in and cook an elaborate meal for us at her house. I have already decided that I'm going to let myself be off plan for that meal (not the whole weekend) and enjoy it. I would love to be at 190 by then. I haven't been under 190 for 12 years.

I have 5 weeks to drop 13 lbs. Sounds easy, but I feel like I've been stalling out more than I've been losing lately. It's looking like my mini goals are lining up: Onederland, then 190 (lowest weight in 12 years), then probably every 10 lbs after that! Oops I think I just overwhelmed myself. Can't think that far ahead.

I would hate to see you lose a week from a cheat. Since a chef is coming in, why don't you see if you can talk to the chef and have them make some IP friendly food. I am sure the Chef would be up for a challenge. If that isn't possible, please do your best.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:22 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 163/144/135

Height: 5.5 1/2

Anyone else here eating roasted veggies? I am loving them.....kale, okra, zucchini...yum! But a little worried I may be taking in too many veggies & oil...any advice? I have a major problem with the big "C" so was hoping the extra oil may help.
Any past experience or thoughts?? Love having an avenue to ask these silly questions! Thank you all for your support, and dedication to helping others on the IP journey! It is great and so helpful for me in the day.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #95  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmad View Post
Anyone else here eating roasted veggies? I am loving them.....kale, okra, zucchini...yum! But a little worried I may be taking in too many veggies & oil...any advice? I have a major problem with the big "C" so was hoping the extra oil may help.
Any past experience or thoughts?? Love having an avenue to ask these silly questions! Thank you all for your support, and dedication to helping others on the IP journey! It is great and so helpful for me in the day.
I have heard that CALM works, I haven't been able to find it yet.. my handout sheet says to buy Citrate of Magnesia (couldn't find that yet either) I agree with you I think a lot of the roasting of kale and broccoli is doing it for me too.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #96  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

I would encourage you to try to stay on IP and not partake in a cheat meal. You can obviously do what you want but, from my experience, it's not worth it. Not last Wed but the Wed before I had a cheat meal (my first). It lead to 3 cheat DAYS and a 5 lb gain. As of this morning I'm back at my lowest. I lost a week and a half and lots of $$ for that cheat.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I have heard that CALM works, I haven't been able to find it yet.. my handout sheet says to buy Citrate of Magnesia (couldn't find that yet either) I agree with you I think a lot of the roasting of kale and broccoli is doing it for me too.
I have been using the Calm, Novilax & Mg Citrate (when it gets really bad) and still have not had anything that regularly works. Just cycles... and of course I notice weight gain when I use them. Maybe because of how they work..attracting the water I drink to flush my system. Took two Novilax yesterday and trying the Calm this morning. Can't see that the extra oil has helped. Most pharmacy' s have the Mg. Citrate. They are in clear bottles like a cola. Thanks for your help!
Old 06-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #98  

PS...another silly question. Does my profile pic not show up because I have not been a member long enough? Or am I doing something wrong. It shows loaded on the User CP page but not on the thread..
Old 06-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #99  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmad View Post
PS...another silly question. Does my profile pic not show up because I have not been a member long enough? Or am I doing something wrong. It shows loaded on the User CP page but not on the thread..
did you use it as your avatar? set it up as your avatar and that should work.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:03 PM   #100  

I love eating pudding cake and sipping my coffee in the morning, it feels like I picked up a yummy treat from starbucks or something!
Old 06-25-2011, 01:09 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
did you use it as your avatar? set it up as your avatar and that should work.
There I am!! Thanks AGAIN!
Old 06-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #102  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Thanks! You look great too!

I chalk it up to "tunnel vision"... I just keep keeping on... The weeks I don't stress at all are the weeks I lose more. It may only be 2-3 lbs per week, but that adds up to about 10 per month. Can't complain about that!

I am going to try on some size 6 stuff today that I got as hand-me-downs... and I want to go shopping for another skirt.

Don't stress about it. If you want to do some sit-ups for toning and start doing some easy walking, go for it. Don't worry about strenuous exercise - it might actually slow you down more. After my first week, my losses have always been 2-3 lbs per week. Those weeks really do add up, so just wait and you will be down 20lbs and a dress/pant size before you know it.
Thanks for the push, I needed it.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #103  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
My GF is having all of the girls at her house on her birthday weekend (july 29) and she has hired a chef to come in and cook an elaborate meal for us at her house. I have already decided that I'm going to let myself be off plan for that meal (not the whole weekend) and enjoy it.
I participate in a cooking club each month and have been tempted to go "off plan" and enjoy the food. Early on, I realized that I was still linking "enjoyment" with food, and decided that (for me, at least) I seriously needed to break this link. My enjoyment really stems from seeing my friends and hanging out with them. It's not about the food... it's about the company and the friendship.

So, each month I request that someone make a few tweaks to my portion of the main course to make it IP friendly.... OR, I simply take my own protein. Then, I make sure that there is something that I can eat for each course, and I take my own dessert.

In the four months that I have been doing this diet, I have stayed completely on program each supper club. I am proudly down 42 pounds, and I am thrilled that I am going again tonight and that everyone gets to see me in a new outfit.

So... I would like to challenge you. Talk to the chef...

1) suggest some vegetables that you like and ask if he/she can make at least one side dish that is completely IP friendly. The chef might love the challenge!!
2) Plan on a simple salad while they eat appetizers...
3) If the main course isn't IP friendly, take your our filet mignon and ask the chef to prepare it for you using simple seasonings...
4) Make up a pudding beforehand or take a bar for your dessert. Or, simply enjoy a decaf coffee while everyone else has dessert.

Take your own San Pellegrino or Perrier with lime as your cocktail, and/or mix in some mint and rum extract to make a fake mojito if you think you feel deprived.

I have found that, as long as I am eating something and participating in each course of the meal, I feel completely included.

My coach always tells me that 50% of the world's population is on a special diet. It is not being annoying to request special things.. In fact, a personal chef is probably used to it, and might even think it's strange NOT to get a special request.

Have fun!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 02:35 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

So today is one of the first days that I am really struggling with not eating what my family is. I am kind of mad though. My DH went to the grocery store and brought back the fixing for Philly cheese steak sandwiches which I love! I could have killed him, so I am now sitting back in my room in a bad mood and hoping that the smell doesn't get to me too much. Arghhh!
Old 06-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #105  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishn222 View Post
So today is one of the first days that I am really struggling with not eating what my family is. I am kind of mad though. My DH went to the grocery store and brought back the fixing for Philly cheese steak sandwiches which I love! I could have killed him, so I am now sitting back in my room in a bad mood and hoping that the smell doesn't get to me too much. Arghhh!
That is mean... Go get stuff for a seriously wonderful filet mignon and grill it up for yourself. I always have filet when my husband and son have pizza. Knowing that your meal is better than theirs will make you feel better. OR... go get a pedicure and make him pay for it.
Closed Thread