Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default IP Daily Chat- Thursday, June 23

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday:IP Daily Chat- Wednesday, June 22
Old 06-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #2  

Happy Thursday!

It was a busy day here yesterday. I'm behind on the posts from yesterday, but will catch up later today.

I just wanted to say that since EatAnts, our regular daily thread starter has been gone, I have just been starting a daily chat thread if one isn't alredy started when i first come to the board in the morning. Everyone is welcome to start the thread if it isn't already done, so please do so if you're on early and you feel like posting!

I weighed this morning (of course) and I'm back to my WI weight from last week. It's better than the +2 I was showing yesterday! Maybe I'll get a bonus loss this week... I can hope.

I'm running out of packets from Nashua and with the postal strike ongoing, I won't be able to order anything for a while. I've been relying on shakes and a few pudding packets I have left. Good thing I like my shakes!

I avoided the donuts at work yesterday, but I'm sure they will still be there today. It's really not the donuts per se, but the staff people who buzz me in my office to come and sit with them and encourage me to eat them- even though they know I'm not eating that stuff. I guess it's my fault that it makes me feel uncomfortable or defensive and I should work on that. Stupid donuts.

Nothing else noteworthy for me. I hope you all have a great day!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:16 AM   #3  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Thank you for starting the daily thread it is very appreciated.

Have a great day IPers.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Stupid Donuts, LOL.

Just popping in to report my weigh in this morning. Only down 0.8. That is my lowest loss to date. It is my own fault because I wasn't exactly OP over this last weekend. It was my first week on Phase 2, and I felt crummy all week. I had the big C and I was tired and stressed over everything. I think I was just having one of those weeks. Having my own personal pity party and all. Hormonal I guess.

I feel much better today, much more positive, and hopefully things will begin moving again.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by brandam6; 06-23-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone! I hope everybody is having a great day so far!
I just wanted to share that we went to a mongolian grill again last night and that place is a gift from the IP gods! I chose to get the unlimited bowls so I could take home a meal for tongiht too.

Going out with people from work tonight and it is the first real time I have been out socialy since the start of the diet. Everyone knows I am on it, but still I am nervious on how this will go.

I just wanted to also say thanks to everyone on here because I truly feel like I have a great support system on this diet because of you!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning!!! I had my 2nd WI last night and was slightly disappointed with just -2.8, but I wasnt thinking and ate dinner just before leaving, and living only a minute from my clinic, it didnt really "digest" yet!!! But the inches are coming off and that was helpful!! Hope everyone has a great day and keep up the AWESOME work!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #7  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quick fly-by post as I get ready to head up to NYC for a quick trip... Back tomorrow. I lost 2lbs while on vacation!! And I'm totally ready to get back to a serious Phase 1 routine so that I can see 159 on the scale soon. Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Quick fly-by post as I get ready to head up to NYC for a quick trip... Back tomorrow. I lost 2lbs while on vacation!! And I'm totally ready to get back to a serious Phase 1 routine so that I can see 159 on the scale soon. Have a great day everyone!
Awesome job losing weight while on vacation! Good job! You'll hit 159 in no time!

I figured out a few things about myself and my eating habits last night. I'm a compulsive eater which explains the cheats I've had on this diet as well as what I've been doing my whole life! I did stumble a bit with OP food last night but stopped myself and drank tea instead. No diet will fix this problem but knowing what I'm doing and working on that will help make sure that the loss I have had and will have on this diet becomes something maintainable for me.

I never expected a diet would take so much personal reflection and require me to work through so many different emotions, habits and reasons why I do the things I do. It's been challenging but I really feel like I'm getting things figured out. Food has always been a crutch and learning to not use it as such is hard. I'm more than what I eat, or don't eat.

I'm 1lb away from 159 this morning! Eee!!
Old 06-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I never expected a diet would take so much personal reflection and require me to work through so many different emotions, habits and reasons why I do the things I do. It's been challenging but I really feel like I'm getting things figured out. Food has always been a crutch and learning to not use it as such is hard. I'm more than what I eat, or don't eat.

Congratulations you will see 159 in no time!

I agree with you ... I never expected to learn so much about myself when I chose to learn how to be healthy and started losing weight (again). This program has proven to be the best ever for me. Like you learning to deal with emotions, habits, crutches and life in general without turning to my comfort (food) has been hard and has forced me to stop and find new soothing methods that don't involve food. Also, the fact that I have been so encouraged by this forum and hearing from others that what I'm going through is "normal" has been such a wonderful blessing. Thank you for the encouragment this morning.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Just sent my coach an email. Since last night I have been feeling like crap to put it mildly. I was in bed asleep at 8:00pm, today I feel like I have not slept at all. Not sure if there is something I can take or do. I feel like I am moving in slow motion today. To be honest I do not recall feeling like this first time I was on IP, I know the first couple of days are rough but I am in week 2.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Thank you for starting the daily thread it is very appreciated.

Have a great day IPers.
I'm not the only who starts the thread, but I'm happy to do it because I want to read about how everyone else is doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
Awesome job losing weight while on vacation! Good job! You'll hit 159 in no time!

I figured out a few things about myself and my eating habits last night. I'm a compulsive eater which explains the cheats I've had on this diet as well as what I've been doing my whole life! I did stumble a bit with OP food last night but stopped myself and drank tea instead. No diet will fix this problem but knowing what I'm doing and working on that will help make sure that the loss I have had and will have on this diet becomes something maintainable for me.

&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
Congratulations you will see 159 in no time!

I agree with you ... I never expected to learn so much about myself when I chose to learn how to be healthy and started losing weight (again). This program has proven to be the best ever for me. Like you learning to deal with emotions, habits, crutches and life in general without turning to my comfort (food) has been hard and has forced me to stop and find new soothing methods that don't involve food. Also, the fact that I have been so encouraged by this forum and hearing from others that what I'm going through is "normal" has been such a wonderful blessing. Thank you for the encouragment this morning.

Yup I'm with you on the eating issues. Ip definitely forces you to face some of your demons. I find the psychological aspect of it to be exhausting sometimes! Every day I learn something new about myself. I still have the urge to binge from time to time, but it's so much better than it used to be. It's odd to me that now when I feel like I just need to eat something... compulsively- I can eat pickles and be OK. Weird. I used to think it was about what I ate (sugary, fatty crap), now I see that it's about something else.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #12  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
I'm not the only who starts the thread, but I'm happy to do it because I want to read about how everyone else is doing!

&

Yup I'm with you on the eating issues. Ip definitely forces you to face some of your demons. I find the psychological aspect of it to be exhausting sometimes! Every day I learn something new about myself. I still have the urge to binge from time to time, but it's so much better than it used to be. It's odd to me that now when I feel like I just need to eat something... compulsively- I can eat pickles and be OK. Weird. I used to think it was about what I ate (sugary, fatty crap), now I see that it's about something else.
&
April

I think that is what is great about this diet, you are learning how to eat as well. I am an emotional eater, but I have found (at least my brother says I am) that I am in a better mood most of the time and there is no reason to eat. I have the urge to binge but now when I open the fridge I see veggies, water and herbs. So I usually grab a glass of water and a pickle. You know pickles would last in my fridge for at least 6 months before now I am on my third big jar since starting. I also have made pickled eggs for those days when I get home late and am just starving, I find a 1/2 egg or 1 egg just gives me the boost to take the dogs for their walk and then come home and prepare whatever I am eating.
I must admit I am not doing so well this week since Friday's family emergency. It was hard to drive 5 hours and eat and drink Ip packets, I did my best but I was late in when I ate my packets Saturday and Sunday. Then my boss was up Tuesday and Wednesday, so Tuesday didn't even have my lunch packet only part of my veggies for lunch. Then had my lunch packet at supper with my meal... Yesterday was not much better went out and had a spinach salad had my drink for lunch on the way to class after 6:30 so remind me Monday if I don't lose very much that this is the reason why... well have to get back to work so EVERYONE have a great day, enjoy the journey and the new you.

KellyG you have to tell us how your WI went.

Everyone keep up the good work. And thank you for IP.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #13  
started IP on 6/17/2011

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5''

Welp...first WI is in a few hours. According to MY scale I am down 5lbs. However, my body has decided it hates me. Although I am two full weeks away from TOM...voila here it is. I am really annoyed because that probably means my loss will be compensated today. I really really needed a good first week to keep me encouraged. I have been completely OP. Despite being moody/tired/hungry/completely drained during my two workouts this week...I have kept going.

The first three days I really felt like I knew I was in ketosis. Now I just don't know. What do you all do if something like this happens? Its a really tough thing to keep going with regardless and adding in all the little annoying things...

My husband has been so supportive. I feel bad for him having to deal with my complaining. Its just nice to know he understands how hard it is to have to drink all my meals (for the most part) and he has been really sweet and not bringing bad food into the house and eating whatever I do for dinner.

I hope you all have great days today. After my WI I am hitting up the store to replenish my veggies and then letting the cleaning crew in to prep for my sister and her boyfriend's impending visit tomorrow.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:51 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by champaignsupernova View Post
Welp...first WI is in a few hours. According to MY scale I am down 5lbs. However, my body has decided it hates me. Although I am two full weeks away from TOM...voila here it is. I am really annoyed because that probably means my loss will be compensated today. I really really needed a good first week to keep me encouraged. I have been completely OP. Despite being moody/tired/hungry/completely drained during my two workouts this week...I have kept going.

The first three days I really felt like I knew I was in ketosis. Now I just don't know. What do you all do if something like this happens? Its a really tough thing to keep going with regardless and adding in all the little annoying things...

My husband has been so supportive. I feel bad for him having to deal with my complaining. Its just nice to know he understands how hard it is to have to drink all my meals (for the most part) and he has been really sweet and not bringing bad food into the house and eating whatever I do for dinner.

I hope you all have great days today. After my WI I am hitting up the store to replenish my veggies and then letting the cleaning crew in to prep for my sister and her boyfriend's impending visit tomorrow.
Enjoy the weight loss you have today. You can do it! If your TOM now then come next week you will mostlikely see big results on your next WI. It gets easier as you learn new recipes and as your tastes change. It sounds like you have a wonderful hubby. Talk to him about your frustration (instead of turning to non IP food). My hubby has been my sounding board and being male he always brings me back from emotional to reality. LOL

Last edited by Lace and Levis; 06-23-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

I've been on IP for 6 weeks now. Today I am starving for some reason. I haven't felt like this since the first 2 days OP! Chugging water, but ready to dig into a packet even though it is only 10am. Keytone strips show low-moderate levels. What is up?
Closed Thread