Old 06-25-2011, 02:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Default Exercisers

I have a question for those of you who exercise on a regular basis and have been during IP. I exercise 5x per week, usually for about 45 minutes each session.

So, my question is, how many packets do you take a day? Right now I am doing 4 packets plus (1) meal on my own. Here is what a typical day looks like:

(B): 8:30- IP Packet
(L): 12:30- 5-8 oz protein, plus salad w/ 1 t. olive oil and 2 cups veggies
(S): 4:15- IP Bar (I have found that eating a restricted pre workout gives me more energy)
5:30-6:15- Workout
(S): 6:30- IP Ready Made immediately following WO
(D): 8:30- IP Packet, plus salad w/ 1 t. olive oil and 2 cups veggies

So, I am just curious if other exercisers take 3, 4 or 5 packets? I am thinking of upping to 5 on days that I exercise to see if it will get me closer to the 3-7 pounds per week. I know I am losing inches and I have faith in the program, but I have always been a SSSSSSLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWW loser, and was wondering if an extra packet would help or hinder my efforts.

The first week I did IP was on alternative products and I did 4, but then when I joined IP for real, my coach told me I could do 4 or 5, and I just stuck with 4 because that was what I did on my own and it fit my schedule fine. But now I am wondering if the extra packet would be a jump start since the scale has not moved in almost a week.

Any insight to what has helped you would be much appreciated!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

May I ask why you are exercising beyond a brisk walk?
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #3  
started IP on 6/17/2011

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5''

My coach knows I am training for another marathon and we amended my workout schedule (Bootcamp twice a week, trainer one day, one day of running for now) and she suggested I stick to 4 packets a day on the days I workout. I asked if I could have an extra packet (5) during boot camp days and she said yes but to stick to the jello or the cran granata...or the mango drink as it is absorbed easiest.

I would talk to your coach and if you are finding yourself hungry keep the four packets and maybe add a fifth.
champaignsupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityberry View Post
May I ask why you are exercising beyond a brisk walk?
Sure! The reason I am exercising beyond a brisk walk is because I worked too hard to make exercise a part of my life and a habit that I am not going to give it up now. 6 years ago I made the decision to get off my rear and really commit to working out. It has taken me a long time to love exercise, to love the way I feel when I do it and I love how it makes me feel inside and out. I have trained for and completed (2) marathons, (2) olympic distance triathlons, (1) Ragnar Relay, countless sprint triathlons, not to mention too many 5k's, 10k's and biking events to count.

Working out is a part of me now, and I am not going to give it up. I actually get crabby if I go more than a couple days without it! Exercise is what kept my weight from getting completely out of control, even when my eating was sub-par.

I could go on and on all day about exercise and the benefits, but I do believe I have answered the question
Old 06-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by champaignsupernova View Post
My coach knows I am training for another marathon and we amended my workout schedule (Bootcamp twice a week, trainer one day, one day of running for now) and she suggested I stick to 4 packets a day on the days I workout. I asked if I could have an extra packet (5) during boot camp days and she said yes but to stick to the jello or the cran granata...or the mango drink as it is absorbed easiest.

I would talk to your coach and if you are finding yourself hungry keep the four packets and maybe add a fifth.
Thanks! I was just curious to see what other people were doing. My coach has said I could have up to 5 packets a day that I exercise, but most days I find that 4 is sufficient. I know that exercise is a sticky subject with IP, but I pretty much told my coach right away that I would not stop exercising. She said I didn't have to and that we could certainly work with that. I am still new to IP, so I just like to know what others are doing and what works for them.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Sure! The reason I am exercising beyond a brisk walk is because I worked too hard to make exercise a part of my life and a habit that I am not going to give it up now. 6 years ago I made the decision to get off my rear and really commit to working out. It has taken me a long time to love exercise, to love the way I feel when I do it and I love how it makes me feel inside and out. I have trained for and completed (2) marathons, (2) olympic distance triathlons, (1) Ragnar Relay, countless sprint triathlons, not to mention too many 5k's, 10k's and biking events to count.

Working out is a part of me now, and I am not going to give it up. I actually get crabby if I go more than a couple days without it! Exercise is what kept my weight from getting completely out of control, even when my eating was sub-par.

I could go on and on all day about exercise and the benefits, but I do believe I have answered the question
Wow, your accomplishments are inspiring! Though I have been enjoying my fitness "break," your post makes me want to run again
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityberry View Post
Wow, your accomplishments are inspiring! Though I have been enjoying my fitness "break," your post makes me want to run again
You should! I am just getting back into running after being side lined for 6 months with plantar fasciitis. It stinks starting from scratch, but I am working my way back, a 1/2 mile at a time.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #8  
Reema

S/C/G: 155/131/115

Height: 4"10'

I exercise atleast 4 days a week. But my coach did not tell me to eat anything extra. May be that's why my weight loss has slowed down. I really don't know what to do!!!

this is my day...

7 to 7:30 - coffee and restricted food
exercise 11/2
around 12 - IP shake and Salad and veggie
around 5 - Two whole eggs & veggie
around 8 - IP snack.

I am gonna see this week I go for my weigh in on thursday. I will ask her again.

Reema
Reema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

I usually do a 60 minute fitness class every day-bootcamp, spin, etc. All fairly high intensity.

I have
B-shake
L- salad with ip soup with 2 cups added veggies
S- shake
Before work out- 2 eggs hardboiled
D- 6-8 oz meat and 2 more cups veggies

I usually work out from 6-7, so after dinner I don't have time for another snack before bed.

My coach recommended the 2 eggs or an extra packet...
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #10  
OneBadGRANDmotherRunner

S/C/G: 152/143/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by champaignsupernova View Post
My coach knows I am training for another marathon and we amended my workout schedule .
Hi!

What marathon are you training for? I just completed two half- marathons (TN and OR).

My girlfriend and I are looking at the Philidelphia marathon and, if so, we will start our 16 week training program in August.

Currently on my long runs I eat a bar about 30 min. before starting, and a bar for every 45 min. to an hour out on the trails/roads. Then within 30 mins. of finishing I have a readi-drink (although not the IP brand--tooooo expensive!)

This is working great for me. I still have fuel in my tank for the entire distance (with even a little "kick" at the end ) and I'm still losing.

Good Luck to you!
NonieRuns is offline   Reply With Quote