Old 05-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #1  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default IP Weekend Chat, May 20-22

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- lintroduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...aily-chat.html
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:56 AM   #2  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Morning All!!

Feeling much better this morning now that all these cramps are gone. Not sure why after 3 weeks I would feel that way, but the good thing is that it passed. I'm wondering if it's something that I ate that didn't agree with me. I have an idea what it was and I'll make not to have it again.

I was up way too early with my 11 months old baby girl this morning. She's been up since 5:30 am and was really fussy last night and only had a 1 hour nap yesterday afternoon. I'll be anxious for her to finally get her top teeth.

So, June 22nd is the day I have to go back to work unfortunately after being off for a year on maternity leave. I have a few concerns as I work shift work, days and nights. And 12 hours shifts. I'm just not sure how I'm going to do IP having to switch from days to nights within a few days apart. Is anybody else in this situation and do you have any tips on how to manage eating when you're sleeping when you should be up and visa versa.

Went on the scale this morning but it's not official yet but down another pound. I'll just have to wait until wednesday to find out for sure.

My husband came home last night and told me I had a NSV yesterday and I didn't even know it. A few days a go I was in town and running errands and ran into some friends of ours. I haven't seen them in about a month. Hubby told them that they hadn't recognized me when they saw me. I was saying hello to them and they realized who I was when they saw my baby. So funny cuz I'm only down 17.6 lbs in 3 weeks, not sure what will happy when I lose 100 lbs. It was nice to hear but would have been better if they would have said something to me personally...

Well hopefully everybody will have a great long weekend and be safe.

Jo-Anne
JoAnne9597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Morning IP friends! Yay there is sun and 70's for weather this weekend; should make for a great weekend at the campground! I love my every other Friday off, gonna go grocery shopping now cuz I'm off to DC for a business mtg. on Monday. I'm gonna look like a freak with my cooler of cucumbers, romaine, baby spinach and water on the train... Oh well.. Everyone have a great OP day!!!
TWoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Morning everyone..and wowo its a great day.. my scales are happy this morning...
I really enjoy having the ideal ready made drinks..
this morning I put the vanilla in the blender with ice and added cinnamon...yummmmm...its like a treat to me on the way to work...
Hope everyone is smiling and looking forward to doing something really exciting this weekend...try something new...
I tried bowling the other day...I had to laugh at my horrible score but I also laughed at just having fun...its about living...

JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunladybug22 View Post
Thanks for the responses! I brought my lean protien in today as my lunch with my salad to try and switch it up. I brought in 7.5oz of grilled chicken, and ate half of it with my salad. I'm eating the other half now, and it's not been too bad so far today. Maybe I'm figuring this thing out!

But I'll let y'all know what my coach says.
I'm much the same with the daytime hunger, and I'm finding that I basically need to eat all my food before dinner. Once I've had dinner I generally not hungry for the rest of the night. The only alternative that might work for me is to have my 'dinner' at lunch and get a more calories in midday.
hollyfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Friday! Thanks Pxlkitty4, for starting the thread.

I'm still plugging along. I'm working really hard at managing stress (work related) and it's helping with the emotional eating issues that I have had in the past. Being on IP has made me so aware of the ways I use and abuse food to satisfy emotional needs. I know that long term success for me will all come down to managing those behaviours.

I wanted to say congrats to everyone with SVs and NSVs yesterday. I'm so envious and excited for Nerdigrrl and Classy Broad moving to onederland! I'm very much hoping to be there soon too!

The plan for this weekend is to test some new recipes. I've been living on the same salads and steamed veggies for 35 days now, time to switch it up!

Have a wonderful Friday!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:08 AM   #7  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

I stepped on the scale this morning and saw 169.5. Yes, I was naked and dehydrated.... as always when I weigh first thing. My official WI is this afternoon and will update the "official" number later today. Not sure if I'll show a loss, since I weighed 171.9 on Monday and I've had TOM this week...
Old 05-20-2011, 09:17 AM   #8  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

MInewgoal: can you close yesterday's daily thread?
Old 05-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Wow, a lot of weight loss success this morning WTG!

I was 144.6 on the scale this morning Crazy!!! Which means my "unofficial" weight loss since monday is 4.2lbs! I'm still in disbelief!! Can it be THAT easy???

I'm worrying about the weekend, my birthday is tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out a way to stay OP and still celebrate with my kids and dh. I'd be happy not having a cake but my kids are young so they like to see the whole candle and cake thing
How do all of you stay OP during these types of events???
Babyblues4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #10  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Happy Birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblues4 View Post

I was 144.6 on the scale this morning Crazy!!! Which means my "unofficial" weight loss since monday is 4.2lbs! I'm still in disbelief!! Can it be THAT easy???

I'm worrying about the weekend, my birthday is tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out a way to stay OP and still celebrate with my kids and dh. I'd be happy not having a cake but my kids are young so they like to see the whole candle and cake thing
Get the IP Chocolate Pancake mix and make it into muffins. The instructions are on the box. Very yummy! Counts as a restricted. Also, treat yourself to a really good steak as your protein.

Have a great day!

Lynn
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/170/170

Good Morning everyone!

I lost 3 lbs this last week. Pretty good considering I have been bunged up and TOM fun this week.

My NSV comes in three parts:
1. The benches at the train stations have separators between the seats, and everytime I sat in one, my hips would touch on both sides. Now, there is a gap!
2. I was able to pull my pants off the other day without undoing them first
3. One of my work friends has a carpool with another co-worker. When they drove past me the other day, he asked my friend if I had lost weight. People are starting to notice!

I am so happy. I feel great going into this weekend.

I have a bachelorette to go to tomorrow, but the bride is pregnant, so I am not too worried about being tempted to drink. I am just going to dance. I think it's going to be a bit hard being around people who are drinking, but I have so much will-power after 3 weeks of losses that I am sure I will be fine!

Last edited by LeaArr; 05-20-2011 at 09:57 AM.
LeaArr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Browneyes: I definitely wouldn't describe rhubarb as bitter. It's actually pretty tart, but when you add sweetener to it, it has a taste that is a mixture of strawberries and granny smith apples (which is why you can make it either "strawberry pie filling" or "applesauce" ).

Everyone, regarding thyroid/synthroid: Thanks so much for all your tips. Lately I've mostly been losing about 1.5lbs a week. I'm on week #9, haven't ever cheated, and I'm happy with 1.5lbs a week. But if I can take my synthroid at night, absorb the medicine more, AND lose more weight each week, hey, I'm gonna give it a try! So for the passed few nights, I've been taking it at night (after a sufficient amount of time after food and even more after my last supplements). I know it takes a while for your body to process the synthroid, so I'll probably not notice a difference until maybe next week or the week after (if any). We'll see!

Linden, I cook most of my vegetables, but can you give me some examples of common goitrogenic foods? I assume these would slow down my thyroid a bit? My apologies for my ignorance!

CONGRATS to everyone else on their SV's and NSV's!!! They all made me smile, I'm so happy for all of you!! I love seeing people work towards something, accomplish their short/long term goals, and be so happy about the results. It makes me almost as happy as if it were myself!!
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Friday everyone and TGIF!

My coach was all out of multivita supplements this morning. I am really not happy about this because I ran out a while ago and I've been taking one a day for a week now to stretch them until today (pay day) and completely ran out yesterday. I don't want to wait until next week with the long weekend and all... I am concerned. Does anyone have advice regarding something similar that I can take? Maybe I can find a small bottle of something to take until the Multivita comes back in?

It's been a long and week here. It was nice yesterday afternoon and this morning. It's supposed to rain again this afternoon but we should have a nice weekend. for getting some planting done!

I am full party-planning mode for my son's upcoming 8th birthday party in a couple of weeks. I love planning events! I can't believe that he's going to be 8! I don't know where the time goes?!?!

I am also beginning to plan my upcoming switch to phase II. Anxious and nervous all at the same time and I don't know why because it really isn't all that different from phase I.

My scale was very nice to me this morning and showed me 150.0 lbs!!! ...such a tease (but I'm not complaining)! :

I had a huge problem getting dressed this morning... nothing fits! I am floating in most of my wardrobe. I tried on a pair of pants yesterday that were too tight to wear. DH told me to try them again this morning. I told him that they were too tight yesterday and he insisted that I try them again. Reluctantly, I did and whoah! They fit! I am strutting my stuff in them today!

When we bought and moved into our house, in February 2004, I had a box (or two?) labelled "Skinny Clothes". My MIL was helping us move and she saw the box and said: "Well, you won't be needing these for a while!" and they got packed away real good... and she was right but it looks like this "while" has finally passed! I told my husband to go digging for this box this weekend! In particular, I am looking for a nice lightweight black pinstripe business suit with a short sleeved blazer... and I am hoping for some nice surprises as I have forgotten what else is in there but I usually buy very classic styles for the office, so I am sure there will be something useful! I am thankful that this happening as we are going into summer, as I can probably find some nice, inexpensive summer dresses to hold me over! I wonder if my thighs will still rub like they used to? If so, I also need smaller culotte slips (mine are XL).

Today, I was asked: "How are the shakes coming? or bars? or whatever, because it looks like you are loosing weight every day! It is so amazing." I think that set the tone for my day because I have been beaming ever since!

Linden:

Thank you so much for the kind words and good advice. I started taking my Synthroid at night, two nights ago, following this suggestion from CinamonSparkles. I guess it will take some time to see/feel a difference but my afternoon hunger was non-existent yesterday! Woohoo!

Thank you for mentioning the calcium! I moved them up so that I take the last ones with dinner but I forgot to bring my supplements to work this morning and didn't have any potassium, so I decided to start with the calcium and take the potassium when I get home with dinner. Maybe I will keep it that way!

Thank you also for the food tips!

Yesterday, my afternoon hunger was non-existent, so I am encouraged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I stepped on the scale this morning and saw 169.5. Yes, I was naked and dehydrated.... as always when I weigh first thing. My official WI is this afternoon and will update the "official" number later today. Not sure if I'll show a loss, since I weighed 171.9 on Monday and I've had TOM this week...
When I read this, I felt so happy for you and I actually said: "Oh yeah!" out loud in my cubicle! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblues4 View Post

Way to go on the loss! Stick with the program and you will continue to see such great results!

I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Is it too late for you to pick up the chocolate muffin/pancake mix? You could make a small cake for your family and some muffins for you (which you can put some WF chocoalte syrup or chocolate pudding on them if you have time to get some). That way, you stay OP and still get to do the singing, candles and all of that jazz!

Good luck!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-20-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:19 AM   #14  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post

My coach was all out of multivita supplements this morning... I am really not happy about this because I ran out a while ago... I've been taking one a day for a week now to stretch them until today (pay day) and ran out yesterday... I don't want to wait until next week with the long weekend and all... I am concerned. Does anyone have advice regarding something similar that I can take? Maybe I can find a small bottle of something to take until the Multivita comes back in?

My scale was nice this morning and showed me 150.0 lbs!!! ...such a tease! :

When I read this, I felt so happy for you and I actually said: "Oh yeah!" out loud in my cubicle! Way to go!
Thank you! And congrats on your low scale reading too...

Re: vitamins... I use Whole Foods Women's vitamins, and when I started I was taking Women's One a Day and the doctor said it was fine. Get a small bottle of whatever Women's vitamin you can find on sale. I don't think there's a lot of difference.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Thank you! And congrats on your low scale reading too...

Re: vitamins... I use Whole Foods Women's vitamins, and when I started I was taking Women's One a Day and the doctor said it was fine. Get a small bottle of whatever Women's vitamin you can find on sale. I don't think there's a lot of difference.
Great, thank you! I will hit the pharmacy on my lunch break as we don't have Whole Foods here. One-a-Day for women is now my fall-back plan but I will also check out what else they have for women. There is even a "holistic" section in that pharmacy with someone who serves just that section and give advice, so maybe I can see what they have on that side too.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote