Old 05-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #46  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLibE View Post
WI #2 today - I am down 4lbs (total of 14 in 2 weeks). I'm proud of myself, can't remember the last time I felt that way. Have a great weekend everyone!
congrats on the great weight loss, and you should be proud of yourself.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:26 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 147/138.8/105

Height: 5' 2.25"

Ok... I'm not going to cheat. But I'm having a rough day. DH just left town for a funeral with my 4 year old son. I'm left with the 2 yo twins which is fine. But I picked today of all days to give up caffeine. I did cave on the caff this afternoon. I couldn't take the headache. I'm taking the twins to Red Robin for dinner with a friend. I have a plan of a few different things I can order and I know I'll stay OP, but I'm just blech today and feeling tempted all over the place. OH... and we just got our Girl Scout Cookies in today. Seriously?
longhorn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #48  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

Hello! How much water do I add to make the IP chili? The back is blank...
snowclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:30 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

it's 170 ml of water for the chilli
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #50  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Oh Dear God.... my stomach has been aching all day! I'm so bloated and I've been to the bathroom several times and nearly pooped the brown out of my eyes! What on earth is going on here? Any ideas? I've not changed my diet, really... but... oh.. the bellyache.
BROWNEYES47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #51  
Started IP 2/15/11

S/C/G: 328/265/180

Height: 5' 9.5"

WI today -2 and 1 inch off my hips, for a total of 45 pounds lost since Mid February. I feel really good about that. We did BMI on the little machine and computer. It wasn't down much since the last reading 3 weeks ago, but the lean body mass and fat body mass seem to be doing some shifting.

My coach started to discuss goal in light of my BMI goal, and I actually felt myself freak out, since I think I have over 100 lbs yet to go, and am overwhelmed by that number. The outcome of the conversation is that I know I am more comfortable thinking in 10 pund chunks, versus 100pound chunks, and we will decide on goal when I am closer to 200.

I am so glad this site is here for support, encouragement and education. I don't post often, but I do enjoy reading the posts and responses. There is usually someone else going through something similar to me, and even if not, there is a lot of other good info.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I am off to a wedding tomorrow. I am bringing a salad, and my food to eat, which is fine with the bride!!! Probably will eat a small bite of cake, though, but no champagne. Maybe I'll pick up some Seltzer for the toast.

Last edited by smpnew; 05-20-2011 at 08:30 PM.
smpnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:35 PM   #52  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

I want to eat everything in my entire house right now. Ok..not that I could. But I have so much junk in my house at the moment...and I want to eat everything! This is the worse it's been since I started IP. Normally I don't crave, but right now...I'm fighting big time. I just had to say something...Maybe it'll keep me accountable that I've owned up to it, and I won't go and eat all the bad things calling my name!
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:47 PM   #53  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
I want to eat everything in my entire house right now. Ok..not that I could. But I have so much junk in my house at the moment...and I want to eat everything! This is the worse it's been since I started IP. Normally I don't crave, but right now...I'm fighting big time. I just had to say something...Maybe it'll keep me accountable that I've owned up to it, and I won't go and eat all the bad things calling my name!
Change your name!!! Get on Skype! Call someone. You know you don't really want to eat that stuff. It will just make you feel bad. You're doing such a wonderful job. I know you can do it.
BROWNEYES47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:48 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 157/157/125

hi everyone,
so way back when, i started this diet twice and never made it past the second day. I dont know whether I wasnt focused enough or that my nursing judgement tells me this is not the proper way to diet. Im not sure if there are nurses or nutritionist also on this diet but I would love a complete honest up front opinion on this diet and weight gain when off protocol. I typically have a stong will power however I find this diet very challenging and I hate starving...I just cant function that way. So , my questions and frustrations show and would love feedback on "professional " opinions..How do yall make it past the first day? What are everyones thoughts ...Really,,, honestly...and also...how bout some pointers to make i past first few days..?

Thanks All
SOONER22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:20 PM   #55  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Soooo, I have a giant batch of rhubarb-apple sauce cooking away on my stove. I threw in some apples (still 4 parts rhubarb to 1 part apple) because I'm in phase 3. Our hospital offers fresh produce for sale on Fridays during the growing season and I got a screaming deal on rhubarb that I just couldn't pass up. :-) Yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOONER22 View Post
hi everyone,
so way back when, i started this diet twice and never made it past the second day. I dont know whether I wasnt focused enough or that my nursing judgement tells me this is not the proper way to diet. Im not sure if there are nurses or nutritionist also on this diet but I would love a complete honest up front opinion on this diet and weight gain when off protocol. I typically have a stong will power however I find this diet very challenging and I hate starving...I just cant function that way. So , my questions and frustrations show and would love feedback on "professional " opinions..How do yall make it past the first day? What are everyones thoughts ...Really,,, honestly...and also...how bout some pointers to make i past first few days..?

Thanks All

Honestly, my first thought was that you're looking for a reason to not start again. I'm not trying to be harsh, just real. Have you read Dr. Tran's book that this diet is based on? There is a link to it in the opening post . If you haven't read it, you should. I too am a medical professional and had my concerns about this program as well. But then I read his book, began to understand the science of this program and why it works and IT MADE SENSE TO ME. I was never comfortable with Atkins because I didn't understand how something where you could eat that much fat could possibly be healthy.

You may be having a hard time getting past the first day or two BECAUSE THEY SUCK. The first couple days are just awful, but it gets better! If you eat your packets & your veggies, your body is not starving itself. I know that it seems that only consuming 900 calories in a day seems like far too few, but just think of it like this - for every pound of fat that you carry on your body, that is 3500 calories that are available for your body to burn. When I started this program, I was at least 70 lbs overweight. That 70 lbs gave me a calorie bank of at least 245,000 to spend. I have now lost 70.8 lbs and my savings account is getting mighty empty!

I can't tell you much about weight gain after going off the program. I've started phase 3 this week and will hit maintenance at the beginning of June so I haven't been there yet. The only thing that I can tell you is that if you gain the weight back (besides the 3-5 lbs buffer as you rebuild your glycogen reserves), it is because you are letting it happen. Following the maintenance plan, if you follow it, you should not put the weight back on. But if things get a little crazy and you put 10 lbs on, this program teaches you how to quickly take it back off again! But if you ever think that you're going to be able to go back to eating the way that you did before, don't bother starting up again, because you WILL put the weight back on.

This program has changed my life - I know that I eat far healthier now than I did before I started. My cholesterol and blood presure are lower and I have lost 1/3 of my body mass, making my back and knees very happy! My doctor is ecstatic. I am soooo much healthier now than I ever was at 213.2 lbs. So, think about it and make a decision to do it right for a week. Push through it - drink tea, water, eat pickles, go for a walk, DE-CARB your house! Commit to a week and see what happens. And then commit to another week. And another one. And come back here and let us encourage you. YOU CAN DO THIS!
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:36 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 157/157/125

Good info...thanks girl....
SOONER22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 231/204/190

Height: 6'

Has anyone found a potassium supplement that is close to what we can buy from our IP coaches?? I am going to alternatives and can easily replace all the other vitamins, but am concerned about not being able to find the right dose of potassium.
FLAMINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #58  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMINGO View Post
Has anyone found a potassium supplement that is close to what we can buy from our IP coaches?? I am going to alternatives and can easily replace all the other vitamins, but am concerned about not being able to find the right dose of potassium.
Potassium is the hard one - you could ask your dr to write you a prescription for it but over the counter, you're going to have a difficult time finding 800 mg in one tablet. When I went into GNC looking for one, they told me that those had to be obtained by prescription because too much potassium can be dangerous. Most potassium is available in 100 mg tablets, so you could take 4 in the morning and 4 in the evening...
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:23 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Explain the happiness of your scale...are you down more?

Have you started your clinic?

What phase are you on?

I started phase 2 on Sunday and have lost 2 pounds this week on phase 2.

Hope you are well, this has been quite a journey for us....could you hop, skip, and jump over to Austin and convince my daughter not to quit....she is 21...started at 300 pounds....got to around 240...and just gave up...she is depressed an has lost motivation....not sure how much she has gained back in the 4-5 weeks since she quit....I am very sad.
Wow I would love to meet her..my son lives in clifton park..how fun...
tell her I'm in San Antonio and I started at 240..come meet me and my new clinic..she could come see me on Saturdays...
JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:45 PM   #60  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

I was just wondering how to link my progress pictures to my signature? Like how Mrs. D. has at the bottom of hers?
Sorry I am not good with computers.

Also does anyone find that old navy sizes run large? I am a 14 now and I tried on a 14 jean today at ON and they were a bit baggy, and the 12's were almost on me. Wondering if I am quickly moving to a 12 (I just got into a 14 this week) or if Old Navy runs large.

NSV at the grocery store a cashier I see a lot said "whoa! you lost a ton of weight!!" It is nice when people notice!
Shrinking Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote