Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #76  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
I usually have supper, then David's Tea (The Skinny), then a chocolate RTD drink box. I love it at night! My kids love chocolate milk before bed and now I understand why! I find it comforting and enjoyable. I like the vanilla RTD drink box with my coffee at breakfast and I don't know why, but I've tried to reverse the two (chocolate RTD drink for breakfast and vanilla RTD for evening snack) and I just don't like it as much that way.

My exact number is something like 2.356 lbs per week and I am more than okay with that. When I was counting calories, exercising very hard and consulting with a Dietician/Nutritionist, I was lucky to lose 1 lb per week and then I plateau'd in the mid-170's for about a year.

Since starting IP is also the first time that my weight does not yo-yo up and down but 2 to 6 lbs within a week. I used to track my weight by using "changing averages". I am so happy not to have to make it so complicated anymore!

I am going to finish this by hook or by crook too!

BTW: I love seeing your picture! It's nice to have a face to put with your alias!
I can't help but wonder about all this rhubarb talk. I've never tried it but quite honestly, am sorta scared of it. Some say it's so bitter, and I just can't abide by that. How does it become sweet if it's so bitter?

Unfortunately we don't have David's tea here in the states. Postage is (your should pardon the pun) pretty steep at $20 for $9 worth of tea. I looked it up on the internet and it sounds delicious, too. Do you use the IP RTD boxes or some other brand?

I'm ok with the 2-2.5 pound loss. I wish it were more, but it's not and I can live with that because I'm definitely not starving. I'm going to begin the IP program when JudoGirl opens her clinic here in San Antonio. I'm really excited about her grand opening and look forward to getting a coach. I love everyone here, but I really think I'd like to work with a coach too.

It will be a long journey, but I didn't get this way over night, so I must be patient. I just wish I heard about the program earlier.

Thanks for commenting on my picture. It's not a great picture, but it's a fairly good likeness of what I look like now. Things can only improve!

Hope you have a lovely evening. Take care.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:31 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 246(H)/238(IP)/(ticker)/150

Height: 5'3"

Default ONEderland!

Wahoo! With today's WI, I officially crossed into ONEderland! I didn't think I'd make it as I'm taking a break from Ph1, and since my last losses have been so low, I didn't expect to break that barrier in ph2 (5 days only thusfar). Plus, I actually had a major cheat on Sat (my start of Ph2 actually turned into a Ph4 "free day", minus the booze).
A couple more lbs until I hit my -20% weight mini goal, but I think for the rest of today I will relish in my accomplishments instead of my cheats and of my fears of my future fortitude.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:50 PM   #78  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Talking Wonderful Wonderful 52 lbs never to return

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn96 View Post
Is sugar free gum allowed? (Extra)
as others have said... denytyne fire has sycrolose in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannymae32 View Post
I totally did have to look twice. I couldn't believe it and I had not seen you in about a week, what a difference just one week made! You look fantastic!! I bet your weigh in will be a great one today! I have mine but I am not expecting much being on the night shift

Well you've all been chattin up a storm I have been in dreamland. Working nights and doing this I am trying to find the right balance of how and when to eat, and what to eat. Yesterday I tried dinner first then a shake then lunch at around 2am and my snack at 5am and it was ok. But tonight doesn't allow me the luxury of time so it will have to be lunch at 7pm shake later and then dinner at 2am and I will probably do the snack at around 5am again. I don't hit my pillow until 8:30am. To stay awake I have been drinking copious amounts of herbal tea, water and pacing the floor.

Congrats on all the NSV and SV today!
OH MY GOD, you know I looked at your picture a couple of times and wondered if that was you! what a beautiful picture. I love it. My WI was wonderful... 5 lbs down never to appear again. 52 lbs in 14 weeks woooohooooo... only 48 to go. I was so excited. Tried to take a picture of myself tonight for my mini goal pic.. oh my I really need your help there. Think I will get my hair cut tomorrow and try again. I was wondering how you are doing on nights with IP. I am glad you are still doing good. this is so fun these days. Joe was funny today he comes up to me and says have you ever lost a lot of weight... he looked so shocked. I laughed at him. I love wearing black now as it REALLY makes me look thin.

T have a good night and I will probably see you tomorrow morning, give Farley a hug before you go to work..
Joanne
Old 05-19-2011, 10:53 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 192.2/170/150

Height: 5'3''

[QUOTE=Susie_Bee;3857429]Rhubarb - This awful looking plant with huge leaves has been growing in backyard all of my life. My mom used to peel it and eat it raw with sugar and I always hated it! My mom never really cooked it. She tried a few times but I remember not liking it at all.

So, I grow up, get married, have kids and buy a house of my own and what is growing in the backyard... that "awful, ugly weed". I pluck it and it just keeps coming back...

Well, thanks to IP, I discovered rhubarb today!!! All this talk of "mock apple sauce" finally got to me and I broke down and tried it. After dinner, I grabbed a steak knife and went out to do battle with the huge plant in my yard... I came back in with my prize kill and cooked it up the way our lovely Mrs. D. described it (cut up the stalk, cook in water until soft/tender, sweeten with Splenda - I used Stevia and add cinamon). I cooled it a bit in the freezer. Allt he while, I was very skeptical but trying to keep an open mind and OMG!!! It was amazing! As soon as I finished it, I went out and got another stalk... and that is plenty for one night! I am telling you, that plant will be ravaged in no time!!! ...and we will be planting more! ...and maybe buying some at the market in the meanwhile!

Thank you so much to everyone who has posted about rhubarb! I can't believe I am discovering it at this age!

Thank you so much Mrs. D. for sharing your recipe and warning us about going overboard!

I've seen some of the talk about this "applesauce" but I missed the original. Can someone post it again.

Thanks
Old 05-19-2011, 11:10 PM   #80  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Almost forgot, our clinic finally got the scale with the BMI and everything. We used it for the first time today. I am in the top level of the BMI ratio, so that was kind of impressive, it is nice to hear I am in average levels... Now hearing I have 90 lbs of water and 125 pounds of everything else, was kind of cool. We have saved the printout to compare for the next 25 lbs.

OMG friends I can't tell you how excited I am to be in the 180's again.. Now I am counting down for the 170s. I am getting a haircut and shopping for summer clothes as I have no shorts. It is weird I am very fussy with my shorts, they have to have big pockets so I can put chuk'em balls in them for my walks with my Red Dog. My friend is meeting me at the off leash on Saturday and she is giving me some of her clothes (she has some AMAZING clothes, I just hope I can fit into them soon). I was never one for clothing shopping I think it was because I was so big. Now I look forward to finding different clothing after so long in tshirts and shorts.... tomorrow I might even wear a skirt... oh my. that could be entertaining. Have a great night everyone. I am still smiling....
Old 05-19-2011, 11:19 PM   #81  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Just a quick drive by!! Just finished my 2nd week on Phase 3!!! I lost 3.5 lbs and that put me exactly at my goal weight. Today is 4 months on IP and I couldn't feel any better. To all the newbies and those struggling this week...it can be done and it is sooooo worth it!! I was a slow loser but a loser all the same. Will continue to check in and read about everyone else's success.

Relay for Life was AWESOME!!!! Thanks to all who sent good wishes my way. Our team with 9 members raised $6000. 5 members raised over a $1000 a piece!! Cancer may have taken my father in law but we have survived and grown closer depsite it!!!

Happy weekend! Have a graduation out of town and I get to show the new body off. Big change since last year!!
have a great time, and I am glad you are doing so great even on phase 3....
Old 05-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #82  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Almost forgot, our clinic finally got the scale with the BMI and everything. We used it for the first time today. I am in the top level of the BMI ratio, so that was kind of impressive, it is nice to hear I am in average levels... Now hearing I have 90 lbs of water and 125 pounds of everything else, was kind of cool. We have saved the printout to compare for the next 25 lbs.

OMG friends I can't tell you how excited I am to be in the 180's again.. Now I am counting down for the 170s. I am getting a haircut and shopping for summer clothes as I have no shorts. It is weird I am very fussy with my shorts, they have to have big pockets so I can put chuk'em balls in them for my walks with my Red Dog. My friend is meeting me at the off leash on Saturday and she is giving me some of her clothes (she has some AMAZING clothes, I just hope I can fit into them soon). I was never one for clothing shopping I think it was because I was so big. Now I look forward to finding different clothing after so long in tshirts and shorts.... tomorrow I might even wear a skirt... oh my. that could be entertaining. Have a great night everyone. I am still smiling....
I am SO happy for you! You deserve this. You are doing a fantastic job and then you take the time to encourage and support so many on this site.

Wear the skirt tomorrow!!
Old 05-20-2011, 06:08 AM   #83  

Quote:
as others have said... denytyne fire has sycrolose in it.

OH MY GOD, you know I looked at your picture a couple of times and wondered if that was you! what a beautiful picture. I love it. My WI was wonderful... 5 lbs down never to appear again. 52 lbs in 14 weeks woooohooooo... only 48 to go. I was so excited. Tried to take a picture of myself tonight for my mini goal pic.. oh my I really need your help there. Think I will get my hair cut tomorrow and try again. I was wondering how you are doing on nights with IP. I am glad you are still doing good. this is so fun these days. Joe was funny today he comes up to me and says have you ever lost a lot of weight... he looked so shocked. I laughed at him. I love wearing black now as it REALLY makes me look thin.

T have a good night and I will probably see you tomorrow morning, give Farley a hug before you go to work..
Joanne
LOL! Yup its me, Thank you on the pic, Dave took it at our engagement / his parents anniversary / my moms 60th birthday party in Nassau a couple weeks ago. I have this orchid in my hair which I will not be doing for the wedding as I endedup with a severe neck ache for 4 days after.. over a flower.. seriously .. I couldn't believe it.. a flower can be enough to cause THAT much pain. I would have retorted to Joe that he was so tanned you could barely see him unless he smiles.

Quote:

I am excited for you! I can't wait for my goal weight and a new closet full of skinny clothes. My nephew is coming to live with me this summer and he has fab fashion taste so he is taking me on my big spending spree and helping pick out my wedding dress.

PS I gave Farles a scratch and said it was from you.. I can't believe he is starting to finally grow up and mature.
He has been allowed the freedom of the entire house at ight for the past month and he just lays at the side of the bed all night. A dangerous place to be for him when I have sucked back 16 bottles of water then have to keep running to the bathroom in the middle of the night..
Old 05-20-2011, 06:25 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
I can't help but wonder about all this rhubarb talk. I've never tried it but quite honestly, am sorta scared of it. Some say it's so bitter, and I just can't abide by that. How does it become sweet if it's so bitter?

Unfortunately we don't have David's tea here in the states. Postage is (your should pardon the pun) pretty steep at $20 for $9 worth of tea. I looked it up on the internet and it sounds delicious, too. Do you use the IP RTD boxes or some other brand?

I'm ok with the 2-2.5 pound loss. I wish it were more, but it's not and I can live with that because I'm definitely not starving. I'm going to begin the IP program when JudoGirl opens her clinic here in San Antonio. I'm really excited about her grand opening and look forward to getting a coach. I love everyone here, but I really think I'd like to work with a coach too.

It will be a long journey, but I didn't get this way over night, so I must be patient. I just wish I heard about the program earlier.

Thanks for commenting on my picture. It's not a great picture, but it's a fairly good likeness of what I look like now. Things can only improve!

Hope you have a lovely evening. Take care.
Well, I did put almost a whole package of Stevia, which is more than I would put in anything! I also put quite a bit of cinamon. It was really good (to me) but it did give a bit for a "scratchy throat" feeling afterwards, which I am told is normal for rhubarb (I have lots of seasonal allergies and thought I might be allergic but DH says no, it's normal). I loved it!

The next time I go by David's Tea, I can pick up some extra (maybe just a 50g packet as a sample) and I can find out what it would cost to mail to you from my office (with our office rates), if you like? I highly doubt that it would cost $20. Just be patient! David's Tea is spreading like wildfire around here and I bet it won't be long until they branch out!

How fun that you can go to Judo Girl's clinic! It's nice to have a Coach who has experienced it herself and she seems really nice!

I use IP drink boxes while on phase 1. Should I chose to continue using some in maintenance, I will try the Premium Protein ones from Costco (I sampled them once in the store and liked them just fine).

As for your pic, you have a great smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelonadiet View Post

I've seen some of the talk about this "applesauce" but I missed the original. Can someone post it again.

Thanks
I am not sure where the orignal is but basically, I think she said to take the stalk of the rhubarb plant, wash it, cut it up and boil in water until soft. Drain, mash, add Splenda (I used Stevia) and cinamon to taste. Enjoy! (I hope someone will correct me if I got it wrong). I cooled mine in the freezer a bit first and had it slightly warm.

Quote:

What an excellent update! Way to go!
Old 05-20-2011, 06:29 AM   #85  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post

Also, please note that I am a slow loser (averaging just over 2 lbs per week) and the extra protein may or may not be a contributor (I also take Synthroid for a thyroid condition and that doesn't help either).
Here are a couple of suggestion with the understanding that everyone is different. Are you taking the synthyroid at night? If not, I suggest taking it at 10pm and not having any calcium after 2pm. Additionally, you can switch from soy-based products to whey. Make absolutely sure you get 1/2 ounce of water per pound of body weight + extra for coffee and caffinated tea, and extra for exercise, very low or very high humidity, etc. And I'm sure you don't eat any goitrogenic foods raw. (When I switch to taking synthyroid in the evening my TSH score went from 2.0 to .2 in 4 weeks, clearly better absorption. And I felt better.) Final suggestion, have romaine salad with both lunch and dinner, with cider vinegar and oil. Up the oil a little and eat the salad first but keep the carbs around 25 total. Remember that practically everything has carbs, including some meat. If you want to be exact, here's where you can check nutritional values. All the dirivative systems, like FItbit, are based on the USDA figures: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ Good luck.
Edit: I really enjoy your up, thoughtful posts

Last edited by Linden; 05-20-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #86  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Please join us on the weekend thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3857779
Old 05-20-2011, 08:10 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 232/ip 219/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi!

Hi! I'm new to IP and to this forum.

I started IP just over 2 weeks ago. The first week I lost 8 pounds, the second 4.4. I've been following the protocol exactly and plan to continue so that I can reach my goal weight as fast as possible.

I feel better than I ever have and I'm really excited about all of the changes I've seen so far.

I've got a long way to go!

Just wanted to introduce myself!!
Closed Thread