IP Weekend Chat, May 20-22 - Page 6 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 05-21-2011, 12:09 PM   #76  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Hope your feeling better today! And that your cappucino shake tasted as good as it smelled!
OMGOODNESS!!! The flavor of coffee!!! I haven't had that taste in amost 5 weeks! I love it. I just wish I could have more than one serving in the morning.... 1/2c is just not enough of that delicious shake! DH, who is definitely not overweight, said that he'd like to have a shake every morning before going to work. Since I was feeling generous, I told him ok (wink, wink). Tonight I'm going to try the vanilla bean torte.

Last edited by BROWNEYES47; 05-21-2011 at 12:12 PM.
BROWNEYES47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #77  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi need help editing progress pics

Can someone please help me with editing my progress pics? I can't figure out how. Thought I would update with my 52 lbs gone picture. and another one later with my new hair. Thanks in advance.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:45 PM   #78  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Can someone please help me with editing my progress pics? I can't figure out how. Thought I would update with my 52 lbs gone picture. and another one later with my new hair. Thanks in advance.
What kind of help do you need? Do you already have a thread started with your old pictures? If so, you can just go in and edit your first post to add more pictures, or you can just add a new post to that thread with your new pictures.
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #79  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOONER22 View Post
hi everyone,
so way back when, i started this diet twice and never made it past the second day. I dont know whether I wasnt focused enough or that my nursing judgement tells me this is not the proper way to diet. Im not sure if there are nurses or nutritionist also on this diet but I would love a complete honest up front opinion on this diet and weight gain when off protocol. I typically have a stong will power however I find this diet very challenging and I hate starving...I just cant function that way. So , my questions and frustrations show and would love feedback on "professional " opinions..How do yall make it past the first day? What are everyones thoughts ...Really,,, honestly...and also...how bout some pointers to make i past first few days..?

Thanks All
I am with Mrs. D, I really think you have to be in the right state of mind to do this diet. Me I have never dieted (seriously) before as I thought a lot of the "fad" diets were just that. When I researched this one I thought it was different and that there was a science to this one where none of the others really claimed that. Of course I am not a professional, but this diet works. I enjoy cooking and trying different things so I think that helps as well. I now crave roasted vegetables, it is so funny. Right from the beginning I have had junk food in my house and office at work and haven't touched anything... if I cheat it is with extra veggies. I love the new me, and if you give it one week at a time you would soon love yourself too. It also really helps when everyone is so complimentary when you have lost. Think hard before you start again, it is expensive but to me, I'm not buying all that junk and processed foods so I think it balances out. I really hope my fat savings account becomes empty like Mrs D's as well. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
I finally did it! I hit ONEderland yesterday at my weight in! Very excited. Also talked to my doc about phasing out for my planned Napa trip in June, so I will be doing that the next couple of weeks and then once I get back getting right back on IP Phase 1.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Congratulations I am so happy for you. It is an exciting time we are in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
You are so welcome! Yesterday was a not-so-good day because I was so uncomfortable and couldn't leave home because I had to stay near the bathroom! I noticed that my brown eyes were a lighter shade of brown this morning, but that I have 'lost' a significant amount of .... whatever. I know it's probably temporary, but according to the scale this morning I was down 3.5 pounds. I really must have been full of you-know-what!

Anyway, I'm ready to start the day with a bang (no... not the refrigerator door) and begin with a cappucino shake. My package arrived yesterday and they (that and the vanilla bean torte) smell so wonderful that I'm hoping they taste as good.

To Everyone: Have a wonderful day! I hope you are successful today. If you feel down, unwell, or just need reassurance, check in here. We're not doctors, but many of us have probably experienced at one time or another what you are experiencing and can at least lend a sympathetic ear or share our own experiences. We are a wonderfully supportive group and we care about each other. Bless you all!
you made me laugh with your post. I hope you are feeling better today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
Yesterday I was so excited, I had only 1.3 pounds to get to ONE-derland, and when I weighed myself this morning, I was up 3 pound??? SO disappointed as I stay OP, drank all my water and more, took all my supplements nd was very good. Man I hate when the scale goes up. Very discouraged today.
it is a fickle thing, I had to wait 2 weeks to get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
What kind of help do you need? Do you already have a thread started with your old pictures? If so, you can just go in and edit your first post to add more pictures, or you can just add a new post to that thread with your new pictures.
Thanks Mrs D. I will try again... for a computer person, this site always make me feel like a non computer person
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #80  
IPeep

S/C/G: 150/145/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblues4 View Post
Wow, a lot of weight loss success this morning WTG!

I was 144.6 on the scale this morning Crazy!!! Which means my "unofficial" weight loss since monday is 4.2lbs! I'm still in disbelief!! Can it be THAT easy???

I'm worrying about the weekend, my birthday is tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out a way to stay OP and still celebrate with my kids and dh. I'd be happy not having a cake but my kids are young so they like to see the whole candle and cake thing
How do all of you stay OP during these types of events???
You can use the chocolate pancake mix to make a cupcake. Put a candle on it, and Voila, a birthday treat! They are actually pretty good that way. Happy Birthday!!

Last edited by coloheather; 05-21-2011 at 03:56 PM.
coloheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #81  

Default fatigue

We have had a family Emergency and I had to fly to TO to help out for the next couple days. I noticed that I am just exhausted, I usually do this trip once a month and never felt this drained. Not sure if its just from the stress or the diet, or the fact that I was working nights. I am trying by taking 2 potassium pills and upping my salt/water intake to see if that works, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

And this may be a bit of TMI but that was the most painful plane ride of my life sooooo gassy I probably could have propelled the plane there myself
I am sure we got in 33 minutes early because of me. I did a no no and stepped on the scale and have stayed the same weight for a few days.. sigh.. reasons for not weighing oneself daily.
fannymae32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 225/189/140

I survived my first trip away from home OP! It was trying at times, my family ate out twice...the first meal I just had a plain lettuce salad and the second meal I watched them eat pizza, while I drank water! I just kept repeating to myself...skinny is as skinny does....skinny skinny skinny is so much better than pizza. Both place that they ate were small ma and pa joints, so no other options for me......Bring on WI #3 tomorrow!
cartwheelmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Just a drive by post but wanted to say thank you to everyone for the sweet comments on the photo of Alex & I, it's one of my new faves!

I want to say too that there is some really amazing advice, NSV's and SV's going on right now and I just LOVE coming to the board to see so many awesome things happening for all of us!

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:48 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
I'm much the same with the daytime hunger, and I'm finding that I basically need to eat all my food before dinner. Once I've had dinner I generally not hungry for the rest of the night. The only alternative that might work for me is to have my 'dinner' at lunch and get a more calories in midday.
That sounds helpful - I also find myself getting very hungry about mid-afternoon and have thought about having half of my protein at lunch as well. I definitely have my 3rd IP protein before I leave work for the day rather than having it after lunch some days.
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaArr View Post
Good Morning everyone!

I lost 3 lbs this last week. Pretty good considering I have been bunged up and TOM fun this week.

My NSV comes in three parts:
1. The benches at the train stations have separators between the seats, and everytime I sat in one, my hips would touch on both sides. Now, there is a gap!
2. I was able to pull my pants off the other day without undoing them first
3. One of my work friends has a carpool with another co-worker. When they drove past me the other day, he asked my friend if I had lost weight. People are starting to notice!

I am so happy. I feel great going into this weekend.

I have a bachelorette to go to tomorrow, but the bride is pregnant, so I am not too worried about being tempted to drink. I am just going to dance. I think it's going to be a bit hard being around people who are drinking, but I have so much will-power after 3 weeks of losses that I am sure I will be fine!
You can do it!! I had to go to a Bachelorette party during a diet too, and since one bridesmaid was pregnant, she and I were the designated drivers. I made friends with the bartenders really quickly because I kept coming back for a water with lime refill...
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend so far!

In between shopping for things we need, I managed to squeeze in a little shopping for myself (because I don't have much that actually fits well).

I got 4 nice short-sleeved blouses for work, each in different colour (purple, white, red and orange). They have nice clean lines and show off the weight loss nicely! They were only $7.99 each!

Then, I found a new swimsuit liquidation outlet that wasn't there before. I decided to check it out but I really didn't expect much to come of it. Well, I tried on a ton and I actually found 5 swimsuits that I really liked and with the help of a saleswoman, I narrowed it down to 3. My total expense was $64 after taxes (less than the cost of 1 swimsuit in most places). Two are from Bianca Nygard and the other is Stella Sport and they are all size 10!!! I am all set for summer! (there's nothing I hate more than having to change back into a wet bathing suit after going to the bathroom or something because you don't have enough of them to actually change and let it dry properly... ewww!). As a NSV, after the first bathing suit I tried, the saleslady replied: "Oooh! That is nice on you. It is very sexy!" Sexy?!?! Me?!?! Really?!?!

When I got home, I modeled them all for DH and the kids and DH agrees with the saleslady!

I think I am turning into a different person!

I figure that the two swimsuits that cost $10 each are not such a bad investment because I won't mind having to replace them if I go down another size (one is jungle print-type...khaki with gold and animal prints and stuff, the other is patterned, mostly blue with a bit of navy and gold and has 3 buttons widely spaced down the front of the suit and a space where skin shows through between the buttons). As for the one that cost me $35 (mostly black with a bit of turquoise trim on the top part), I hope I will get some good use out of it but it still isn't so bad.

Never before has bathing suit shopping been fun! I can see how this can be dangerous...

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-21-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:26 PM   #87  

We went to a friend's wedding this afternoon. I had to go shopping last week for a dress seeing as all of my dressy stuff no longer fits! I wanted to give you guys a picture of how it looked. I'm so glad it was sunny today so I didn't have to wear a sweater over it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wedding dress-1.jpg (70.2 KB, 61 views)
Old 05-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #88  
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

S/C/G: 181/162/145

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone! Just checking in - I'm so proud of the sexy ladies on this forum! Pics and stories alike prove just how HAWT we are! I went to the movies tonight (I saw the new Pirates movie in 3d with my fam, and yep! Johnny is still hot.) and instead of popcorn I took homemade squash chips! I had to beat my little brothers off me so they'd quit eating them and eat their own popcorn! They were super tasty, and the pretty pirate Captain distracted me from being too hungry when I ran out. Yay ADD!
sunflow321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:44 PM   #89  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
We went to a friend's wedding this afternoon. I had to go shopping last week for a dress seeing as all of my dressy stuff no longer fits! I wanted to give you guys a picture of how it looked. I'm so glad it was sunny today so I didn't have to wear a sweater over it!
Holey Moley, Mrs. D! You just keep getting hotter! Great choice on the dress. It really suits you. Thanks for sharing.
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:59 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
Holey Moley, Mrs. D! You just keep getting hotter! Great choice on the dress. It really suits you. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks!