Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

Default Soy Patty not bad

I made the soy patty last week and it wasn't bad. I added dried onion (rehydrated), some Mrs. Dash seasoning, salt and pepper. I made it into a patty and cooked it in a little grape seed oil. I think you could also add worcester sauce to it as well. I added the amount of water they recommended but I thought it was a little dry. I think the soy patty is worth a try...add some seasonings.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #92  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
NSV for me today. I went shopping, and thought I would try on size 10's to see how close I was. And to my surprise, they fit!!! Unfortunately, this started a shopping frenzy, with me trying on half the store, and I ended up spending a little more than I had planned. But I am on cloud nine! I haven't wore a size 10 in more than 15 years. I didn't think I would be in a 10 until I was in the 150's, so I may see a size 8 before this is over.
That's fantastic! Congratulations. I thought a 10 would be my goal, but I may edit that to an 8...
Old 05-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #93  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Last night was Pub Night where we were raising funds for Multiple Sclerosis research/MS Bike Tour. There was pizza, salad already dressed (including crutons) and lotssss of drinking going around.

Mom and hubs, who are also on this diet, drank some diet pepsi with rum (hubs had much too much I tell you!!). I had my IP southwest puffs, 1/2 a bar (as a substitute for a non restricted) and lots and lots of water.

The pizza had me there for a second - it looked good, all greasy and cheesy (and after going off this diet the one thing I found out I missed the most was CHEESE!). But it's not worth it. They went back for seconds, thirds... It was painful to watch. Oh hey, that was ME. No control.

I like control. I'm a very Atype, perfectionist personality and the one thing I could never control was my weight and my eating. So this control is nice. It's fueling for me, very motivating. The problem I'm struggling to work on right now is when outside influences affect my life - they make me feel helpless, NOT I'm control. And my coping is to, well, stuff my face. Everything else is out of control so seems almost proper to have my eating out of control too. That's the thinking I need to combat now. I have to continuously remind myself that my health comes first and it does not need to be jeopardized if other things in my life are spinning out of control. Maybe keeping that control in times of hardship will provide me with an anchor, if you will. A lifeline - literally.

Anywho --- hope you all have a good IP day!!! Take care

Three Cheers for You!

I'm so proud of you. I don't know if I could have that much control! I hope you raised a LOT of money for MS and that you had fun. Control is often difficult but you conquered it and I'm so happy for you!
Old 05-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Last night was Pub Night where we were raising funds for Multiple Sclerosis research/MS Bike Tour. There was pizza, salad already dressed (including crutons) and lotssss of drinking going around.

Mom and hubs, who are also on this diet, drank some diet pepsi with rum (hubs had much too much I tell you!!). I had my IP southwest puffs, 1/2 a bar (as a substitute for a non restricted) and lots and lots of water.

The pizza had me there for a second - it looked good, all greasy and cheesy (and after going off this diet the one thing I found out I missed the most was CHEESE!). But it's not worth it. They went back for seconds, thirds... It was painful to watch. Oh hey, that was ME. No control.

I like control. I'm a very Atype, perfectionist personality and the one thing I could never control was my weight and my eating. So this control is nice. It's fueling for me, very motivating. The problem I'm struggling to work on right now is when outside influences affect my life - they make me feel helpless, NOT I'm control. And my coping is to, well, stuff my face. Everything else is out of control so seems almost proper to have my eating out of control too. That's the thinking I need to combat now. I have to continuously remind myself that my health comes first and it does not need to be jeopardized if other things in my life are spinning out of control. Maybe keeping that control in times of hardship will provide me with an anchor, if you will. A lifeline - literally.

Sasha,

Isn't it great to be in control. While everyone else ends up with a bloated stomach, heart burn and hangovers you wake up so proud of yourself and you feel awesome. Keep up the good and HARD work.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #95  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya2081 View Post

Yes, the dreaded WLS in weeks 4-6. I've had an issue the last WI, where I only officially lost .2 pounds. I do weigh myself in the mornings when I am not on the road and that number keeps going down for me which is all I really care about since I think its the most accurate number-no food, no water, no clothes....I also think I had the whoosh fairy visit my body because I had to switch work pants mid-week because my current pair were too saggy AND my belt needs another notch-I am going to have my husband put in 2 more just in case

I keep telling myself-all this travel is SOOO worth an almost free Disney world trip (hoping to only have to pay for food-I can buy tickets with my hotel points)
GREAT news about your losing inches! I'm losing inches in my waist. I'm still the same size pants, but the waists are huge! The legs are a little baggy, too, but I really need to lose it in the tummy area and in my big ole butt! As long as something is happening--pounds or inches-- however, I guess it's a good day! I don't envy your having to travel so much. It's commendable that you can stay OP. Be safe.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #96  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
After struggling with the upload of my new profile pic, I realized that it had actually uploaded and was just telling me that it had failed. Great... Wasted 15 minutes... Ugh!
You look fabulous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniestf View Post
I do agree that all this talk about cheating is becoming a little too much. If you feel like cheating and need encouragememt to do so then please post here but if you want to tell us all that you ate this or that off plan, it should be done in the cheats thread so that people who don't want to be influenced by that don't have to see it.
AGREED completely!

This weekend has been one of lots of temptation (pizza at a friend's house, popcorn surrounding me at the movie theater, Dad making gumbo....mmmmmm) And I haven't cheated! Woo hoo! I'm starting to get more comments from people about being "tiny", and it just keeps me going. I can't wait to see the 140's again very soon!

HOpe everyone is having a great Sunday!
Old 05-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #97  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwitfat View Post
You are doing fabulous. Keep up the good work.
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
You are really rockin' this diet too! Great job having the steak vs. the burger and under the circumstances!
Thanks Susie! Been a tough week emotionally but I've done quite well and am very happy with it....hope your day is going great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I have to say, hearing that I have no business being worried about the cost of this program makes me angry. My husband is a firefighter and I'm a stay at home Mom. We don't make a lot of money so $440 a month just on little packets is a lot. If people who are doing the same program with different products aren't allowed on the boards, well I don't know what I'm to do for support. I quit my coaches because I cannot afford this program but I want to be healthy. I haven't "cheated" on this program other than extra bars. I've remade the commitment to stay OP and I have.

I guess I just wasn't willing to sacrifice my daughter's 4th birthday party or being able to afford a kiddy pool or being able to afford clothes once I've lost out of the sizes I have. My whole family having to sacrifice so I can be at a healty weight is not fair to them.
Hey girl....shake it off. There will be people on the forum who will say things you don't like, that offend you or are just plain not useful. Happened to me a couple weeks ago. I was annoyed but decided it was worth more to me to get the support and encouragement (and celebrate with everyone on here too about their victories!) so I kept coming back.

You will do great on the program and the principles will be the same regardless of the protein packet you're using! if there are slight differences in ingredients etc, my opinion is: who cares...this is your life. You are taking control of it. Rejoice sista! Hope to see you on the boards again! Group hug from all the supportive, great people on this site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya2081 View Post
Oh yes....and down 10 from my stats (because its weight at home unofficial weight because I am going 3 weeks without an official WI)

So a total (unofficial) loss of 30 lbs!!!!!

Now time to frantically do laundry and clean the house before I leave...because my husbands idea of clean and mine differ just a bit
Awesome job!!! We are celebrating the same loss in the same week! Congrats!!!

Quote:
Last night was Pub Night where we were raising funds for Multiple Sclerosis research/MS Bike Tour. There was pizza, salad already dressed (including crutons) and lotssss of drinking going around......

The control I feel and the pride about that are what keep me going most days to be honest. Keep it up, great job!!! PS - if you're going to drink, the water/vodka/lemon/splenda combo (or crystal light) is the way to go (not that I'm encouraging it!) hahah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
NSV for me today. I went shopping, and thought I would try on size 10's to see how close I was. And to my surprise, they fit!!! Unfortunately, this started a shopping frenzy, with me trying on half the store, and I ended up spending a little more than I had planned. But I am on cloud nine! I haven't wore a size 10 in more than 15 years. I didn't think I would be in a 10 until I was in the 150's, so I may see a size 8 before this is over.
Wahoo!!! What a great feeling that must have been!! Congrats to you
Old 05-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #98  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Do any of my fellow Canadians know if IP To Go is available in Canada? Having trouble with my clinic because they don't always have product in and we have even pre-purchased food and not had it delivered in the week we needed it etc. Very frustrating when you're trying so hard to stay OP.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I appreciate all the positive comments today, thank you

I don't have any WF strawberry sauce although I'd like to remedy that! But I have chocolate, so I added it to my cooked mushy rhubarb and it was very tasty! I tried it with stevia and hated rhubarb. It was just the stevia.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 185/172/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
Do any of my fellow Canadians know if IP To Go is available in Canada? Having trouble with my clinic because they don't always have product in and we have even pre-purchased food and not had it delivered in the week we needed it etc. Very frustrating when you're trying so hard to stay OP.
I don't think IP to go is available in Canada. Is there another clinic in your area? maybe they have products your clinic does not have. I do my IP shopping at 3 diffrent clinics, I'm doing IP on my own with a little bit of alternative products but some IP as well. I go to a place near my work to get most of the stuff but she does not always have what I want so I call another clinic near my house and buy from there too. I find that they don't mind as long as they are selling you products!
Old 05-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 148/132.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I appreciate all the positive comments today, thank you

I don't have any WF strawberry sauce although I'd like to remedy that! But I have chocolate, so I added it to my cooked mushy rhubarb and it was very tasty! I tried it with stevia and hated rhubarb. It was just the stevia.
I make a strawberry rhubarb sauce that's pretty good. You cut up 1 lb rhubarb and add it to a pot and just cover the bottom with water. Then I add splenda (6-8 individual packets) and about 1/3 cup WF strawberry jam. Steam it for about 20 minutes, then mash it up.

It's definitely not my grandma's strawberry rhubarb sauce, but it's a nice change and tastes pretty darn good!
Old 05-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 148/132.4/125

Height: 5'5"

I can't seem to stay away from peanut butter (the natural stuff with one ingredient: peanuts). I've had 2 rounded tablespoons of it today. It's just too good. I can't help myself. Been eating bacon and pepperoni too. I'm so bad
Old 05-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 158/137/130

Quote:
I have to say, hearing that I have no business being worried about the cost of this program makes me angry. My husband is a firefighter and I'm a stay at home Mom. We don't make a lot of money so $440 a month just on little packets is a lot. If people who are doing the same program with different products aren't allowed on the boards, well I don't know what I'm to do for support. I quit my coaches because I cannot afford this program but I want to be healthy. I haven't "cheated" on this program other than extra bars. I've remade the commitment to stay OP and I have.

I guess I just wasn't willing to sacrifice my daughter's 4th birthday party or being able to afford a kiddy pool or being able to afford clothes once I've lost out of the sizes I have. My whole family having to sacrifice so I can be at a healty weight is not fair to them.
Ignore them. It's your life and your pocket. There are plenty of alternative foods out there that are just as good. www.Lindora.com is a good source for comparable much less expensive products. I also think IP is very expensive and have been mixing alternatives with the IP products practically since day one. You can do this...it's about getting healthy not fitting in with a crowd.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 158/137/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
I just copied the following from the Ideal Protein FAQs. I drink Talking Rain soda water all the time at work. It is free of the phosphoric acid indicated below.

"All diet drinks (i.e. sugar-free, carb-free) are NOT contraindicated on the Ideal Protein Diet. The problem that can arise is imbalances in acid / base regulation. Our protocol is very alkaline and this is why we do not see complications common to other "protein type diets", namely kidney stones, gout, bone spurs, etc. Some diet drinks (Crystal Light for example) are mixed with water and these are acceptable. Many others (flavored Aqua-fina, Dasani, etc.) contain alot of phosphoric acid. This is a very strong acid and will play havoc with the body's bicarbonate buffering system. The same goes for diet sodas...particularly the "brown ones"...Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, root beer, etc.). Flavored seltzers are usually OK, just read the label and make sure it is carb-free and contains no phosphoric acid. Carbonated beverages contain CO2 which, when dissolved in water becomes carbonic acid, a weak acid (unlike phosphoric). To have a glass of these occasionally would not be a problem, but consuming large amounts (like in place of the 2 liters of water per day) would not be a good idea.The pH of Perrier is about 5.7, weakly acidic. Our protocol provides so many health benefits besides weight loss, it would be a shame to compromise some of the benefits by consuming these products. Acid / base balance plays a major role in
physiology, particularly in such conditions as osteoporosis, gout, "hardening of the arteries", and a more acidic blood does not carry oxygen as well. Using sugar-free, carb-free drinks and diet sodas will not compromise your weight loss (providing you drink extra water if these drinks contain caffeine, remember an extra cup of water for every cup of coffee you drink, same thing here) the dieter who chooses to use these products alot, will not receive all of the wonderful benefits of the program."
Thanks for this Great information....I have a glass of soda now and then and am glad to see it does not contain phosphoric acid. It's called Waist (not weight) Watchers sweetened with Splenda -
Old 05-15-2011, 08:18 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 180/136/135

Height: 5'2"

I've been on IP since Feb 1st and happy with my results. Today is my 18th Wedding Anniversary. So I put my wedding dress on to surprise my husband. I was the one surprised--it was TOO BIG!
Closed Thread