Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #31  
Annette

S/C/G: 191/167/150

It does get easier, you can have 1 bar a day as long as you haven't eaten any other restricted foods. To get my water in, the first thing I do when I get up is drink 20 oz and then have my coffee. It is easier for me to get all the water in if I start first thing in am. Good luck.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:06 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 208/185/150

Height: 5'5"

Wink Thanks & a few things

It sure has been quiet on here the last few days. I wanted to thank the gals who commented on my post, I was afraid I had come on too strong or sounded gruff.....but I'm glad there's a few who feel like I do about this great diet. 2riderollercoast.....like you, I researched this thing to death, which I tend to do most things. I also took the word of my chiropractor, who I know wouldn't have offered it through his clinic without it being on the up and up....that's just the way he is.....and he even ran a beta program with himself included in it before offering it to everyone. And, like you, I wanted to be healthy afterward because that's the road I was trying to walk. Lace & Levis, you've only recently started on this journey and it has to be discouraging to hear constant talk about planned cheats and using alternatives when the daily threads should be more focused on IP. I'm not one of the experienced ones who's had huge success but I did lose 30 lbs. in a couple of months and I'm off right now because I'm going to Haiti for a week next Tues. I wanted to be able to enjoy the fresh fruit there, the staple there is beans & rice and I also wanted to be able to experience different foods. I'll start back OP when I get back and finish the rest of what I want to lose....and the beauty is that I know it'll work.

smpnew.....please don't give up this program.....you've done tremendous so far! 45 lbs. in 2 1/2 months (not sure when you started in Mar.) is awesome.....and even though you have a large long-term goal...the best thing to do is break it up into smaller goals.....meet it and move on to another smaller one. Food addiction is just like any other addiction.....and we need to look at it that way. Just like they say in AA....one day at a time....and sometimes those days get broken down into hours, minutes or even seconds. If we can look at it like that, it's an easier pill to swallow. Hang in there and keep coming here to read and gather encouragement.

One other thing.....I still haven't figured out all the different rules from different coaches but I've been able to have 1 restricted a day from the beginning. I have chosen the bars for mine and it's a great treat to have it in the middle of the afternoon. From what I've read on here from others, we need some carbs to function and most people find they seem to help them with the weight loss. I consistently lost every week, both pounds and inches and relished my bar every afternoon. But we need to do what our coaches suggest as they've been trained by someone along the way. I'd just like to be able to figure out why so many are trained differently, even in the same country. Have a great rest of the weekend!

Hugs,

Mary
Old 05-14-2011, 10:12 PM   #33  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

just wanted to congratulate everyone on their amazing losses this week!
Old 05-14-2011, 10:24 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
You are a sweetheart! Thanks for ALL you encouragement!

How is it going for you? I had a major no no yesterday, and I am paying dearly for it today, but right back OP and hope not to slip up too much again.

Have a great weekend
We have got to be twins! I pulled a no no for the first time in over four weeks and I am paying for it. I can truthfully say it was NOT worth it! No more for me! I am full blown IP all of the way. I'm choosing to limit my read of ongoing depressing comments that talk about all of the cheating and excuses. My main focus is on all of those wonderful roll models that are so encouraging here on this forum. I am on this program to gain better health, learn to eat in a way that is good for my body and I'm in it for a "life time" of healthy living. We can do it!

Having a wonderful weekend and wishing you the same.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:40 PM   #35  

S/C/G: SW 210/ 210/ 153

Height: 5'0''

It is my birthday today and I had one mini cupcake! I am so proud of myself lol. No large cake left over and no guilt. I did not even have anything off plan other than the cupcake. Tomorrow I am fully back on plan. I know I might gain a little for the cupcake but I did not want to feel deprived on my birthday.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:20 PM   #36  
Date started IP Apr 26

S/C/G: 147/132.8/125

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by evasmom View Post
It is my birthday today and I had one mini cupcake! I am so proud of myself lol. No large cake left over and no guilt. I did not even have anything off plan other than the cupcake. Tomorrow I am fully back on plan. I know I might gain a little for the cupcake but I did not want to feel deprived on my birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY evasmom!!! Way to show your will-power!
Old 05-15-2011, 01:22 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
I'm choosing to limit my read of ongoing depressing comments that talk about all of the cheating and excuses. My main focus is on all of those wonderful roll models that are so encouraging here on this forum.
Way to go! And to everyone that is following the program 100% and seeing the weight come off, congratulations!

I was actually beginning to wonder if this was a forum for "learning how to cheat" whining about food, or obsessing about the lack of food. and moaning about the cost.

I came here because some freinds doing the program said it was a great forum for info and encouragement. I have seen great success on this diet with others and I have seen a great deal of encouragement and wonderful news. These are the posts I too choose to look at.

Is there another place for the cheat, alternatives and IP expenses?

Or maybe ther is just another topic I am missing for just great info, encouragement. If I picked the wrong topic then please point me in the right direction.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:26 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
HI there, I've only been on the program a little over 7 weeks so I'm not super experienced, but i can tell you that I feel discouraged when I look at how much I have to lose still even though in 7 weeks I've lost 30 lbs....that's never happened in my life!! But, I still have 90 lbs to go to get to my goal weight...so..yep I understand the discouragement. All I can say is that when I start thinking like that I have to do two things. 1) celebrate what i've done already. Not just the weight loss, but that for the first time since I've been battling my weight (for years and years), I feel like I am in CONTROL. It's an amazing feeling and I am as proud of that as I am of the actual weight loss. and... 2) I HAVE to break down my weight loss into smaller chunks (no pun intended...haha) because otherwise it's a gigantic overwhelming monster of a number! You have done amazingly well and you are so worth staying on this journey! Hope to see you on the forum and keeping up the great work!!

Hey Susie! thanks for the encouragement...yep the wii zumba is great! Plus it's a good start if you're looking to take a class but want to learn a few of the moves first....it's a bit complex but super fun!

Wanted to say that you did an awesome job not binging when things got rough today, we don't give ourselves enough credit for the victories, and that was one so way to go sista!!

PS - I did two photo shoots today (one with a very cranky 3 year old PUKED on my pants and then I had to rush to the store to buy new pants before I went to a wedding reception (which I was running late for and then got LOST inside this gigantic house!) to take photos of all the snooty guests there....so....all I wanted was a burger when I was done since I hadn't eaten all day but now I'm home with my steak on the bbq and salad ready to go and I am PROUD. love it. You rock girl, keep it up!

Toning up always makes me feel great...I'm losing but not liking the lil flabby belly I've got goin' on so...Zumba and Abs it is!! Good luck!!
Thank you!

You are really rockin' this diet too! Great job having the steak vs. the burger and under the circumstances!
Old 05-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #39  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
It's a miserable rainy day today and I'm stuck home alone with my kids while my husband works noon to midnight. My daughter had Occupational Therapy this morning an then my DH left for the day. I made them lunch and while I was cleaning up, my daughter broke my keyboard drawer and scribbled on my monitor! My first thoughts were: "can I binge now?" but I did not! I made a cup of "Forever Nuts" tea. It is one of my favs because of the name and the taste!
I hope today is a better day for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
How is your son doing? Did you get any work done yesterday?
He woke up yesterday and was not limping. That was a huge relief. I did get work done on Friday... Thanks for asking!

It was funny, actually. Normally I get nothing done when he is home sick. This was different, because he stayed on the couch all day. I got it a full day of work, granted with some interrptions and some time spent on "mute" while I was changing Netflix episodes of Wonder Pets and other things... Now I need to rewire him again so that he's not addicted to TV... How did that happen in one day!?
Old 05-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #40  
Started IP Feb 4,2011

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4"

Today is day 4 for me. Been struggling to get through a whole week on IP for quite awhile so I am feeling pretty good about getting to day 4 I have been going to bed early and chewing more gum between meals to get me through.

I bought some ketone strips to try and still no ketosis. I am curious to see how many days it takes me to get there. I really hope tomorrow is it (after 4 days on plan)!

My kids have lacrosse games today and I hope they don't get rained out because I eat so much better when I am busy and out of the house. Can't go to church because of the games so I will try to get to an early yoga class at the gym.

Have a great day!
Old 05-15-2011, 09:08 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! Gloomy Sunday here in Indiana. Yesterday was a great success for me as far as staying OP! The past few weekends I had skipped meals, supplements, etc. But I made a commitment to myself to be as good as I was in the beginning. I had all my packets at the right times, and took all my vitamins, drank plenty of water, and even got plenty of sleep!

All of this while having kinda a bad day with everything else. I had to work, and it just seemed like nothing really went right, and I was there twice as long as I had planned, and didn't complete the task that I went in for. It wasn't until this morning, that I really appreciated this. The old me would have made myself feel better with food or a couple drinks, but yesterday it wasn't an option.

Sugadiva said something in an earlier post about how good it feels to be in CONTROL. There were so many things that went wrong yesterday, that were beyond my control, but the one thing (staying OP) I did have control over was successful!

Here's to another successful day!
Old 05-15-2011, 09:12 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 158/137/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I thought I would start the weekend thread since things still seem to be fairly quiet over on the Friday thread! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
You look great
Old 05-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
Good morning all....had WI6 yesterday and am down 7.8lbs!!!! So excited!!! I worked hard this week and started Zumba on my wii (ho boy, that's not easy!)

Loving IP and excited for the future even though in my world the future is super uncertain.

Have a great OP weekend friends!
Old 05-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #44  

Happy Weekend everybody....It's raining here and we'll have rain all week!! I will def have to mow grass next weekend...LOL..

I've been at goal for a few weeks now after starting in late January. It took a while for me to get a good steady groove on...I almost quit a few times but stuck it out. I feel GREAT...so much energy and so few 'bad' days....I'm staying away from over the counter bars. I've found sugar alcohols are malitol (sp) which cause cravings. I find myself eating 4, 5 and sometimes 6 of the things. NOT GOOD for a craveaholic.

I can't figure out how to get signatures and what not on here....any help out there?
Old 05-15-2011, 09:22 AM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Thanks... Great new profile pic...
Great Pic - I can't wait to see you and the tot. Best to Hubby. Is it raining there?
Closed Thread