Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 12:01 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

new picture i hope comes up

Last edited by JudoGirl; 05-15-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
Good morning all....had WI6 yesterday and am down 7.8lbs!!!! So excited!!! I worked hard this week and started Zumba on my wii (ho boy, that's not easy!)

Loving IP and excited for the future even though in my world the future is super uncertain.

Have a great OP weekend friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpnew View Post
Haven't been here for a while because I was feeling discouraged. I know that 43 pounds is an accomplishment, and then I look at how much there is left to go. I was down 3lbs at Wi yesterday. So the scale is finally moving again.

Spent 2 hours last Saturday cleaning out my closet and chest of drawers of clothes that no longer fit. Have them ready to go to consignment/ donation.

I have had a real sit down with myself and recommited to the process. I can use any and all support from the folks here who understand. How do you keep going when it gets tough?
I've only been doing this for about 6 weeks or so, but just pulling on my jeans that were tight (almost too tight) when I started and now I need a belt to keep up keeps me going. I pulled on a pair of capri's today that I couldn't get up when I started and have decided to wear them today-they are comfortable now (and have a gap in the back so I can sit down easily..) The pants I tried on 2 weeks ago and couldn't get up I can now get up, but can't button...they are low cut so its going to be a bit before I can button them since my hips have decided to be part of the 'slowest loser body part' team.
Before you donated all your cloths, keep 1 shirt and 1 pants so you can keep trying them on and SEE how much you are shrinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab McButterson View Post
Happy Weekend fellow IPer's...mine is not off to a great start food wise. I tried the soy patty mix for lunch today and it was flat out terrible, dry, mealy..just plain ole yucky!! It was quite hard to eat while the other half had lasagna and soda But he is very supportive of my diet and I have to be understanding of his diet as well. He is Type 1 diabetic and has no body fat at all so going into ketosis for him is a trip to the hospital.He does eat the same meal with me everynight which is really great Going to spend the weekend cleaning the house with the crummy weather out and planning out my next week's worth of meals and getting excited about my first weigh in on Tuesday! Everyone have a great weekend and congrats on all the SV and NSV!!!!
I was disappointed too but I made some tweaks in an above post that makes it editable...now that I think about it I should have also added some Worcestershire sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Today has been..and still is...really rough.

It's dreary and rainy out, and I feel like the walls are closing in on me! I want out...but with 4 kids, I just don't want out that bad, cuz they have to come with me

My niece made cookies again today and now I want to eat all the rest that are in the ziploc bag!!! Which is really sad since normally 2 are more then enough for me..but currently...I want them all!!!

I have managed to say no to them...and am eagerly awaiting the minute my hubby walks through the door from working all day, so that I can RUN out of it.
My kids haven't been bad, Nothing has gone wrong, I just NEED out!!!!

Sorry to complain..I think I just needed to voice how I'm feeling.

Don't stress it, we all need a place to complain and sometimes our loved ones can't be our sounding board...which is why we are here! I too feel the need to get out and I don't have kids! The weather isn't the best here, but I think I am going to brave the threatening rain to go on a trail hike this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
I am on week 4 and am experiencing the same thing that I've read about--I like to call it-- WLS (weight loss stall). I was so worried about this. I'm strictly on protocol (with alternate products at the suggestion of my doctor) and have not cheated-- not once! I was then reminded by someone on this forum (you know who you are and I love you for caring) that many others have this same experience. Gosh, had I remembered it, it would have saved me so many tears the other day!

Also-- I have been reading about water retention. If for some reason, you are retaining water, you can eat cucumbers (which certainly is on protocol) to help.

Yes, the dreaded WLS in weeks 4-6. I've had an issue the last WI, where I only officially lost .2 pounds. I do weigh myself in the mornings when I am not on the road and that number keeps going down for me which is all I really care about since I think its the most accurate number-no food, no water, no clothes....I also think I had the whoosh fairy visit my body because I had to switch work pants mid-week because my current pair were too saggy AND my belt needs another notch-I am going to have my husband put in 2 more just in case

Well here's to a productive day at home before I leave for:
Atlanta
DC
Alexandria
Saint Louis

I keep telling myself-all this travel is SOOO worth an almost free Disney world trip (hoping to only have to pay for food-I can buy tickets with my hotel points)
Old 05-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
I just copied the following from the Ideal Protein FAQs. I drink Talking Rain soda water all the time at work. It is free of the phosphoric acid indicated below.

"All diet drinks (i.e. sugar-free, carb-free) are NOT contraindicated on the Ideal Protein Diet. The problem that can arise is imbalances in acid / base regulation. Our protocol is very alkaline and this is why we do not see complications common to other "protein type diets", namely kidney stones, gout, bone spurs, etc. Some diet drinks (Crystal Light for example) are mixed with water and these are acceptable. Many others (flavored Aqua-fina, Dasani, etc.) contain alot of phosphoric acid. This is a very strong acid and will play havoc with the body's bicarbonate buffering system. The same goes for diet sodas...particularly the "brown ones"...Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, root beer, etc.). Flavored seltzers are usually OK, just read the label and make sure it is carb-free and contains no phosphoric acid. Carbonated beverages contain CO2 which, when dissolved in water becomes carbonic acid, a weak acid (unlike phosphoric). To have a glass of these occasionally would not be a problem, but consuming large amounts (like in place of the 2 liters of water per day) would not be a good idea.The pH of Perrier is about 5.7, weakly acidic. Our protocol provides so many health benefits besides weight loss, it would be a shame to compromise some of the benefits by consuming these products. Acid / base balance plays a major role in
physiology, particularly in such conditions as osteoporosis, gout, "hardening of the arteries", and a more acidic blood does not carry oxygen as well. Using sugar-free, carb-free drinks and diet sodas will not compromise your weight loss (providing you drink extra water if these drinks contain caffeine, remember an extra cup of water for every cup of coffee you drink, same thing here) the dieter who chooses to use these products alot, will not receive all of the wonderful benefits of the program."
You did a wonderful job explain why and how little thing can make such a big difference. I live in Pierce County Washington and like you I have a wealth of information at my disposal. I've also done a lot of research. Gaining knowledge is what works for me. I want to know why and how I can make healthy changes in my life that get results and that I can live with for life. Thank you.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:36 PM   #79  

Default Aaha moment

Happy Sunday,
So yesterday I shared with you that I was having a tough time. I had cravings for carbs all day, felt hungry and was so tired. I had to have an afternoon nap and I fell asleep on the couch watching TV last night. Went to bed fell asleep immediately!
I just described my life before Ideal Protien. Up until yesterday, I have had more energy than ever, my cravings were non-existent, and I felt hungry at meal time.
What did I do differently yesterday? I made the rhubarb with STevia for lunch. (which was delicious, by the way). Can I be this sensitive to sugar?
Has anyone else had this experience?
Old 05-15-2011, 12:38 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Sunday everyone!

It's STILL raining today but my DH is home today and just not being alone with everything is a great relief! I've been lazy and am still in jammies... and it feels great!

I am staying OP and doing well. My weight is creeping back down to where it was. I measured my waist, neck and hips, on someone's suggestion, and I seem to have lost inches, so I am not too unhappy (maybe I did gain some muscle with the added physical activity) but I must admit that I care a bit more about the numbers on the scale than the inches (although they certainly do matter too).

I did really well yesterday. I didn't binge (as you know) but I also didn't lose my temper or get upset. I did not cheat, or take Ativan, or have alcohol. I was patient and kind. I cooked, I baked for the kids and when my son wished DH good night on the phone, he said: "Daddy, I had a wonderful day with my friend today" and I felt wonderful hearing that!

I am also starting to eat food much more slowly than I used to before IP. I used to eat so fast (conditioning from having jobs with very short lunch breaks for many years, even though that is no longer the case). It would take a lot of food to register what I've had and to feel satisfied. I am fuller on far less now. This diet is so restrictive that I really want to enjoy every bite (especially when it's a bar or something that I like).
It's so cool how the better we feel about ourself the easier it gets to control our moods. You sure have a cutie for a son. I'm so impressed that you baked for your family. My children are all grown and on their own, but if they were home I don't know if I'd have as much will power as you. I also think you hit the nail on the head when it comes to eating slower. I think that makes a world of difference. I eat my dinner, enjoy sipping on my water and talking with my husband and grandmother. I also found I really like to eat with a small fork and spoon. It forces me to take smaller bites. Keep up the great work physically and mentally.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
I just copied the following from the Ideal Protein FAQs. I drink Talking Rain soda water all the time at work. It is free of the phosphoric acid indicated below.

"All diet drinks (i.e. sugar-free, carb-free) are NOT contraindicated on the Ideal Protein Diet. The problem that can arise is imbalances in acid / base regulation. Our protocol is very alkaline and this is why we do not see complications common to other "protein type diets", namely kidney stones, gout, bone spurs, etc. Some diet drinks (Crystal Light for example) are mixed with water and these are acceptable. Many others (flavored Aqua-fina, Dasani, etc.) contain alot of phosphoric acid. This is a very strong acid and will play havoc with the body's bicarbonate buffering system. The same goes for diet sodas...particularly the "brown ones"...Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, root beer, etc.). Flavored seltzers are usually OK, just read the label and make sure it is carb-free and contains no phosphoric acid. Carbonated beverages contain CO2 which, when dissolved in water becomes carbonic acid, a weak acid (unlike phosphoric). To have a glass of these occasionally would not be a problem, but consuming large amounts (like in place of the 2 liters of water per day) would not be a good idea.The pH of Perrier is about 5.7, weakly acidic. Our protocol provides so many health benefits besides weight loss, it would be a shame to compromise some of the benefits by consuming these products. Acid / base balance plays a major role in
physiology, particularly in such conditions as osteoporosis, gout, "hardening of the arteries", and a more acidic blood does not carry oxygen as well. Using sugar-free, carb-free drinks and diet sodas will not compromise your weight loss (providing you drink extra water if these drinks contain caffeine, remember an extra cup of water for every cup of coffee you drink, same thing here) the dieter who chooses to use these products alot, will not receive all of the wonderful benefits of the program."
Thank you so much for this. This demonstrates the wealth of knowledge and support available here. I knew about the coffee and and extra cup water to compensate, which isn't a problem for me. I love water, but sometimes, I want something a little "special". I am going to buy some Talking Rain.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

My parents have a soda stream and I used it when we visited last with the Mio. It was nice to have something fizzy for a change! I may try it next time with some crystal light. For those in dire need of fizzy drinks that may be an option.

This morning I weighed myself and it said 174!!! I'm not counting anything until Wednesday to keep with my previouse WIs so that there aren't any variables but still pretty exciting! My scale weighs the same as my now ex coaches so that's very helpful.

I'm planning my daughter's fourth birthday and everything is coming together nicely. I'm making all the treats except the frozen one and while one I've never had before and want to try, I'll just make them again another time! I love planning parties.

I have an NSV too today. Four days without any extra restricteds and my size 34 Silver jeans fit today. There's a tiny bit of chub at the hips but everywhere else they're perfect! Sadly my tumy doesn't look nearly as nice as it did last time I wore them but I hadn't had babies yet last time I wore them!
Old 05-15-2011, 12:46 PM   #83  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I have to say, hearing that I have no business being worried about the cost of this program makes me angry. My husband is a firefighter and I'm a stay at home Mom. We don't make a lot of money so $440 a month just on little packets is a lot. If people who are doing the same program with different products aren't allowed on the boards, well I don't know what I'm to do for support. I quit my coaches because I cannot afford this program but I want to be healthy. I haven't "cheated" on this program other than extra bars. I've remade the commitment to stay OP and I have.

I guess I just wasn't willing to sacrifice my daughter's 4th birthday party or being able to afford a kiddy pool or being able to afford clothes once I've lost out of the sizes I have. My whole family having to sacrifice so I can be at a healty weight is not fair to them.
Of course you belong here! You do what you need to do. I have even suggested to other people that cannot affored IP food, to do just what you are doing.

You are a wonderful wife and mother. You go girl! I admire your determination and dedication. Have a wonderful 4th birthday party for your daughter.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
My parents have a soda stream and I used it when we visited last with the Mio. It was nice to have something fizzy for a change! I may try it next time with some crystal light. For those in dire need of fizzy drinks that may be an option.

This morning I weighed myself and it said 174!!! I'm not counting anything until Wednesday to keep with my previouse WIs so that there aren't any variables but still pretty exciting! My scale weighs the same as my now ex coaches so that's very helpful.

I'm planning my daughter's fourth birthday and everything is coming together nicely. I'm making all the treats except the frozen one and while one I've never had before and want to try, I'll just make them again another time! I love planning parties.

I have an NSV too today. Four days without any extra restricteds and my size 34 Silver jeans fit today. There's a tiny bit of chub at the hips but everywhere else they're perfect! Sadly my tumy doesn't look nearly as nice as it did last time I wore them but I hadn't had babies yet last time I wore them!
What a nice boost that must be! I'm happy for you. Enjoy the party!
Old 05-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

The last 3 WI have not been productive. I lost 1 lb for 2 weeks and gained 1 lb last week. I've had a few little cheats here and there...this is the result.

This week I planned to stay OP. Friday night we went out with friends and had a couple of vodka and crystal light..don't know how that will effect my weight loss. Staying OP at this time of the year is very hard for us..every weekend we have something going on with friends, baseball games, etc.

I'm very happy with my weight loss so far. I've gone down from a 14/16 to a 12. I still have about 28 lbs to go...just have to keep my eye on the prize.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieA View Post
The last 3 WI have not been productive. I lost 1 lb for 2 weeks and gained 1 lb last week. I've had a few little cheats here and there...this is the result.

This week I planned to stay OP. Friday night we went out with friends and had a couple of vodka and crystal light..don't know how that will effect my weight loss. Staying OP at this time of the year is very hard for us..every weekend we have something going on with friends, baseball games, etc.

I'm very happy with my weight loss so far. I've gone down from a 14/16 to a 12. I still have about 28 lbs to go...just have to keep my eye on the prize.
GOOD FOR YOU!!!
I have been feeling the same way as you do, out with friends can sabotage the diet, but I need a life too, it's hard not to indulge once in a while, and it is your body.
You will achieve your goal I'm sure, just like I will, one day at a time. I have about 35 pounds to go, and if it takes me extra time, so be it. I'm happy with results and my body has taken a new shape in such a short period of time.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #87  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Last night was Pub Night where we were raising funds for Multiple Sclerosis research/MS Bike Tour. There was pizza, salad already dressed (including crutons) and lotssss of drinking going around.

Mom and hubs, who are also on this diet, drank some diet pepsi with rum (hubs had much too much I tell you!!). I had my IP southwest puffs, 1/2 a bar (as a substitute for a non restricted) and lots and lots of water.

The pizza had me there for a second - it looked good, all greasy and cheesy (and after going off this diet the one thing I found out I missed the most was CHEESE!). But it's not worth it. They went back for seconds, thirds... It was painful to watch. Oh hey, that was ME. No control.

I like control. I'm a very Atype, perfectionist personality and the one thing I could never control was my weight and my eating. So this control is nice. It's fueling for me, very motivating. The problem I'm struggling to work on right now is when outside influences affect my life - they make me feel helpless, NOT I'm control. And my coping is to, well, stuff my face. Everything else is out of control so seems almost proper to have my eating out of control too. That's the thinking I need to combat now. I have to continuously remind myself that my health comes first and it does not need to be jeopardized if other things in my life are spinning out of control. Maybe keeping that control in times of hardship will provide me with an anchor, if you will. A lifeline - literally.

Anywho --- hope you all have a good IP day!!! Take care
Old 05-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
After struggling with the upload of my new profile pic, I realized that it had actually uploaded and was just telling me that it had failed. Great... Wasted 15 minutes... Ugh!
You look great!!
Old 05-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
I cooked, I baked for the kids and when my son wished DH good night on the phone, he said: "Daddy, I had a wonderful day with my friend today" and I felt wonderful hearing that!
Awwwww, That is so sweet!
Old 05-15-2011, 04:37 PM   #90  

NSV for me today. I went shopping, and thought I would try on size 10's to see how close I was. And to my surprise, they fit!!! Unfortunately, this started a shopping frenzy, with me trying on half the store, and I ended up spending a little more than I had planned. But I am on cloud nine! I haven't wore a size 10 in more than 15 years. I didn't think I would be in a 10 until I was in the 150's, so I may see a size 8 before this is over.

Last edited by brandam6; 05-15-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Closed Thread