Old 05-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default RTD's

Thank you to the person who kept referring to the RTD's. They have been my lifesaver lately. I keep a cooler in the car just in case I go to the grocery store, it gets super hot in OK in the spring/summer, and I always carry one with an ice pack JUST IN CASE I get hungry and I'm away from home.
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #17  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone! (I need a teacup smiley!)

I was so deflated yesterday. Not feeling well (fever and headache again), hungry in the afternoon and just plain fed up. I stuck to my guns though and did not give up.

Well, what a difference a day makes!!!

A young babysitter that I contacted came over to our house last night and is very interested in watching my kids so that I can go back to tap classes for the spring session (starting next week, twice a week, for 6 weeks)!!! I am so excited about that!

Then, today, I put on a nice, black, form-fitting shirt dress that I found way in the back of my closet. I paired it with tight slinky high-heeled boots and put a colourful (dark green) camisole underneath and oh boy! I have been the talk of the office this morning! Everyone is full of (positive) comments. I caught a glimpse of myself in a window and I can't describe the joy that I felt inside! I am starting to see the changes in me and I am now feeling much more motivated to continue.

I am also taking some of the advice that I received from some of you yesterday regarding my 4 p.m. hunger (this is not the first time that someone has suggested that I may be hypoglycemic or having hypoglycemic types of reactions... maybe it is worth looking into).

Today, my day will look like this:

B~ Lemon bar (restricted) and white tea with orange;
L~ IP Broccoli Cheese soup (I got it yesterday to try), salad (mixed greens, cucumber, green onion, green pepper) with homemade olive oil/apple cider vinegar dressing;
S~ Only if needed: vanilla RTD drink box (and maybe a coffee) at 4 p.m. - I also brought some hard-boiled eggs that I could try instead of the RTD at 4 p.m. depending on how I feel and how things are going;
D~ Whatever meat my husband defrosts (or trout if he forgets) and veggies of some kind (asparagus? broccoli? zuchini?)
S~ If no RTD taken as a snack earlier or if needed: chocolate RTD drink box

Thank you for being there!

Wishing everyone a wonderful OP day!

Bet you look like a sexy momma.... Have a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjslilmommie View Post
I missed yesterdays post, I was under the weather I have my next weigh in tomorrow and I have been so good not weighing every day, I will weigh at home just before going since their scale is off 2-3 lbs, I hope for a bigger number as well.

NSV: My husband said he is going to need to get me new cloths soon, all my tank tops that were snug, are getting loose
Thas is one big NSV to have someone say they need to buy you new clothes. Make him stick to his word and you won't even have to shop at Cotton Ginny's you can go to a real store. Have a great day and hope you are feeling better today.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Bet you look like a sexy momma.... Have a good one.
I love it here! Thank you!
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 283/235/190

Height: 5'11

Good Morning All. I'm on Day 8 and feeling very good. I'm surprised that I am not hungry and don't seem to have much in the way of cravings.
sjdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #20  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Darbs -- you have truly been an inspiration to me... I've seen you live this program, not just do the diet. I've seen you pick yourself up and dust yourself off and KEEP going. It's really amazing. I wish you all the best on the final trek to GOAL...

My goal is one pound different from yours and we are about the same height. I hope to hit goal sometime in the second or third week of June. I plan to buy a bathing suit in a color other than black.

I agree that this diet has given me my life (at 39 for me)... I've learned so much about myself, my food addictions, how we plan all social events around food.

I now look forward to spending time with friends or my DH, and I'm not constantly thinking about "where can we go to eat?", "what can I make for them?"... I truly believe that I am now focused more on what is really important to me and not on comforting others with food.
[QUOTE=2RIDEROLLERCOAST;3834099]congrats that is great, I bet you can't wait. Don't we all look forward to the maintenance phase... good thing we are little kids that say I am going to hold my breath until I get there. (9 months and how many newborn lbs have you lost?) I love watching your progress very impressive.:hug
QUOTE]

Ladies...awesome awesome awesome....here's to being on maintenance this summer!!!!!

Actually I would love to get down to about 149 so that if I have carb gain...I end up around 156. I have set a finish date more than a number. I leave for Vegas on June 28th so I want to finish about a week before to do phase 3.

I also will have two planned "Atkins" dinners (May 28th...anniversary and June 11th...hubby b-day)....but hopefully I am close to 156 before the 28th so every pound is just icing on the cake (no pun intended).

Last edited by darbs7; 05-03-2011 at 12:02 PM.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:07 PM   #21  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Hi. I had a quick question regarding the vanilla RTD drink. I shake it really well, but there is this solid stuff in it that comes out. WHat is this, and how do I make it dissolve?

Thanks!!!
cajunladybug22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Yesterday my manager's mom came into the office while I was at work, both are close family friends who I've known most of my life. She saw me literally like, 2 months ago and she's like, "Whoa, you look good!" And my manager bragged to her about my diet, how much weight I lost, and how good I look. I was blushing the whole time!

Then, she called today and I answered, and she said "Hey, Skinny!"

I had an ear-to-ear smile most of the morning.
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #23  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

My coach had a little get-together this weekend and I made up a recipe for meatballs. I am posting it here and to the recipe thread... It's delicious and I won second place. Here's to having meatballs again!

Spicy Southwest Meatballs
Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with baking spray to prevent sticking.

Ingredients:
1/3 cup grated zucchini (about 1/2 medium)
1/3 cup grated turnip (about 1/2 medium)
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 egg white
2 tablespoons Walden Farms Thick and Spicy BBQ Sauce
1 tablespoon Penzey's Southwest Seasoning (you could also use a taco-type seasoning without sugar)...
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you like it spicy!)
1 lb 95% lean ground beef
1 package Ideal Protein Southwest Cheese Curls, crushed in a ziploc bag

Mix first 8 ingredients (through cayenne pepper) in a large bowl with a spatula until all ingredients are mixed well. Add ground beef and mix with hands until all meat is coated. Mix in crushed Southwest cheese curls. Use small cookie dough/ice cream scoop to make meatballs about an inch in diameter. Form with hands and place meatballs on cookie sheet and bake for 10 mins. Turn meatballs over, rotate the tray, and bake for another 7 minutes. Serve with additional Walden Farms BBQ sauce. Makes 24-26 meatballs. Serving size is about 8 meatballs...
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #24  
Started IP 4/7/11

S/C/G: 280/253/185

Height: 5'11"

OK I just ran by the Ideal office here to get some packets since I missed my weigh in last week. Luckily they have extended the hours through lunch now so maybe that wont happen again. My normal young "coach" was not there but her grandmother was. I was telling her I cheated a little Sunday and that knocked me out of ketosis. She said "well try to stick with it for 6 weeks because that how long it takes to get in ketosis". WTH? I left there thinking do they not teach these people anything? Seriously!
traeh1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #25  
Start IP 04-25-11

S/C/G: 260/253.5 5-2/160

Height: 5'5"

All of you are doing so awesome, losing lots of lbs and inches, keeping positive attitudes even when your struggling through the day. I on the other hand, have been on this plan for 10 days now, lost approx 6.5lbs the first week and magically gained back 2lbs while I was sleeping last night! I am frustrated and ready for a pizza! I have been OP and have not cheated. The only thing I can think of doing different is drowning myself with more water. I have been having protien with lunch so I don't inhale the fridge when I get home from work! Could that be the problem? WTF????
J1stbeachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #26  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone! I'm back from Montreal and while I had a great time and enjoyed myself thorougly, I wasn't on plan nearly as much as I had planned to be

So, this week is about starting over. Damn carb cravings are strong again but I will get through them like I did the first time. By weeping and gnashing of teeth. Hahah. Kidding!

Well done to all of you who've seen such great success on the program, it truly does work and I'm excited to be back on protocol and can't wait to see some great results again!

Have a great day!!
sugadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
Hi everyone! I'm back from Montreal and while I had a great time and enjoyed myself thorougly, I wasn't on plan nearly as much as I had planned to be

So, this week is about starting over. Damn carb cravings are strong again but I will get through them like I did the first time. By weeping and gnashing of teeth. Hahah. Kidding!

Well done to all of you who've seen such great success on the program, it truly does work and I'm excited to be back on protocol and can't wait to see some great results again!

Have a great day!!
Welcome back! (Seems strange to say that seeing as you are back from my home town).

I am glad that you enjoyed yourself and I am sure that you will be back on track in no time and sharing wonderful successes with us soon!

Those carbs are !
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #28  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello hello, IPers!!

To those who are struggling---keep at it!! Change things up and experiment to see what your specific body needs to keep the scale moving. I personally have some changes I'm going to make this week in regards to salad dressings. I prefer the creamy, high fat kinds and I need to re-visit my old friend Walden Farms to reduce my fat intake. It's a journey, right?

To those who are rocking it---you are such inspirations!! I had a hard Friday night last week. TOM was right around the corner and I was hit with major cravings. I ended up eating 2 restricted bars in the evening while reading this site for hours. I pushed through that madness and am back on track.

Have a fabulous day!
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #29  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Welcome back! (Seems strange to say that seeing as you are back from my home town).

I am glad that you enjoyed yourself and I am sure that you will be back on track in no time and sharing wonderful successes with us soon!

Those carbs are !
Oh yes they are evil!!! The poutine at La Banquis (did I say that right?) was astounding though so it was worth the cheat. But...really....I'm a caver...if I cheat once, I figure, why not twice? Then why not 18 times....so. Yes, back on plan and feeling good (well, I will be once the cravings and headache die down!)

Thanks for the encouragement and I didn't see you on the streets of Montreal Susie! Where were you last week? haha.
Our beloved Habs took a nose dive
sugadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:51 PM   #30  
Started IP - 4/11/2011

S/C/G: 203/193/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!

I had a concern that I wanted to ask everyone about. I don't see my coach until Friday. Seems lately here I have lost a lot of my appetite. I start to get a little hungry around meal times but after eating a little bit I am full. There have even been a few days where I skipped my evening snack. Should I be concerned?
FirstDietVA is offline   Reply With Quote