Old 05-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 158/137/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I saw some discussion yesterday about folks starting the daily thread and copying in the first post. So, I'll kick it off. Happy Tuesday everyone!

My son's daycare class is hosting an appreciation breakfast for the daycare staff today. I sent fruit and mini frittatas... so much better than all the carbo-junk that was on the sign-up sheet. I simply wrote "OTHER" next to my son's name and we decided to do our own thing.

When I saw one of the daycare teachers last week, she said the funniest thing I think I've heard in terms of a NSV. I haven't seen her in a year, and only bumped into her because I was there early picking up my son, who wasn't feeling well.

She said "Wow. You look terrific! How much weight have you lost?" Later in the conversation, she exclaimed "Brian is one HAPPY man!!!" (Brian is my DH). There were several other people there, and we all laughed hysterically...
LOL - Your neighbor (no names here) said something similar about Pat being happy. He loves me the same big, small or blue.....We're the happy ones aren't we? I feel so good, but I'm still having really tired icky feeling days.
dunwitfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Hello everyone! I have been reading through today's thread, and here is my two cents. With me (and I think many are this way) cheating is a slippery slope. Once I start I will keep going. Even if I stop for that day, I will be more tempted to cheat tomorrow, or the next week.

I have cheated, I think most of us have in some way or another. But I was OP for 2 months. I made it through the worst part of this diet with no cheats at all, but since I cheated the first time, I have had 3 other "small" cheats (if there really is such a thing) with in the last month. And my cravings at this point are pretty manageable so I kick myself for doing it. It's just not worth it. I think people hate to see others make the same mistakes they have. But sometimes people just have to learn for themselves, and it can make them stronger.

Also, for all of you new IPers, (for me) the first month or so felt like a year. It is a big change. So give it a chance, it will work for you. When I first started I was always waiting for the other shoe to drop. Nothing had worked before, why would this be any different? I was waiting for the pity party to start so I could have a few hors d'oerves (spelling?). But it worked, and I started to realize how my emotions and moods were intertwined with my poor eating habits, and started finding ways to deal with it. I will always have to be very conscious of it. I will always have to work at this.

I have only been doing this for 12 weeks. In the scheme of things that is a very short time. And I still rely on the trials and tribulations of the more experienced ones who are on this forum. Their experience is a glimpse into what is to come for all of us. Also the experiences of others that have been doing this for the same time or less are also helpful. It helps to know that others are experiencing the same things that I am.

As Juiceman says "WE CAN DO THIS!" We are all in this together.
brandam6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:08 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Woolberger! Beautiful pic!
brandam6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
Today at lunch I was enjoying a zucchini salad and tried, for the first time, the WF bacon ranch. I loved it TREMENDOUSLY, til I realized it has fat in it! It says low fat right on the bottle, but I had just gotten it at the store without looking at the label simply because it was WF. I'll have to keep a better eye on those!

On an unrelated note, CheekyWit, thank you SO much for your help on how to cook celery root yesterday. I tried making the mushroom gravy and I doubt I even did it right, but it was amazing! It tasted like a completely different vegetable! I'm glad I made two servings so I can have more tomorrow.
Treena, not sure if you bought the right product or maybe WF makes alternate products but everything I buy from them is 0/0/0, including the bacon ranch dressing, one of my fav's
TWoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:32 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default Hi five for little brothers!

Hello everyone, it's been great hearing from all of you. My brother surprised me and came over tonight. He decided he would cook me dinner. Unlike me, he just looks in the fridge, starts pulling things out and cooks. It was wonderful so I thought I would share.

He blanched leaf lettuce to use as wraps.
Add raw bell pepper strips for crunch.
Saute'ed the following in WF BBQ:
Asparagus
Broccoli
Mushrooms
Shrimp

Then filled wraps.

When I try to make it again later I'm going to add a little garlic. It was a nice change.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (32.2 KB, 25 views)
Lace and Levis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Thanks to everyone for their inspiration! I start IP this week - still planning menus and getting prepped - and it has been wonderful to read about and see all of your successes. Here's wishing I can keep it up like you all have!
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:37 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Sounds to me like there's a whole lot of cheating going on in today's thread.
If you want to follow IP you must learn not to cheat. No cheese, no milk, no cheeto's. Everything has to be 0/0/0 or you will be disappointed in your loss. Those of us who have lost massive amounts of weight have not cheated. This is NOT atkins.
OK, I'm done ranting.
Mary
mary has a point, and since svelting hasn't been around lately to do the caramel nut bar smack down it needed said it's just a reminder to keep the boards a little more organized by topic and for those who find it a problem to read in mouthwatering detail about cheats on the daily thread. of course none of us are perfect, that goes without saying and we are all going to turn here for support when we stumble. that's why we are here... just asking that posts be kept more focused on protocol, than off. there is a thread about cheats..... let it rip over there, then come back for a great on protocol daily thread... ill go see if i can find it and bump.. there is also one called "alcohol", etc. you get the idea.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Thanks was going to ask how you make that... I just call them roasted.. but fried sounds so much better.

I don't have a convention oven but I do broil them and they crisp up quite nice... good with chipotle ranch from WF

a while back on this forum the broccoli had been recalled as it had msg in it. haven't heard about any of the other soups mentioned tod asparagus or chicken noodle and beef... wonder where they came from.

What you could do, is slice an onion and put the rings on the cookie sheet with your cauliflower and than use WF chipotle ranch.

As for the cheating, I haven't because I find it is way too important to me to lose the weight and I can't afford to waste my money.

I did like what you said Mary, I know it is hard in the beginning not to cheat but you guys it does get easier and the other thing I have found out about cheating is when it knocks you out of ketosis and you go back in. This is a bad cycle and I have read from Medical people that it is also really hard on your system, your liver, kidneys etc. I know there was a couple of nurses on this site maybe they can comment on this? is what I read true?

Like I said I would love to cheat but I love to have my weight gone more, there is time in the future to have the things (that probably aren't good for us anyway) when we can better process why we want what we do. I think it was Carla that said that sometimes it isn't the food that you cheat with but the taste profile that you are missing. Correct me if I am wrong Carla, so figure out what you are missing, for example ranch dressing and onions... try the wf ranch and have roasted onions or veggies and see if that solves your craving. I wanted pizza I made an IP pizza with IP crepe mix and that did it, it was so good and I didn't have cheese on it and yes I missed it a bit but I loved my bbq chicken with onion pizza anyway.

Just my thoughts, I am not trying to offend anyone, it is just that a cheat puts you back so much that I can't see it worth it. My friend that is doing this diet has been cheating and she can't figure out why she isn't losing as fast as me... I know all our bodies aren't the same but I am pretty sure it is her cheats... Chins up everyone, or if you were like me double chins up
2ride- well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbelle View Post
i just did my weigh in today. i normally do them on wednesdays but i have too much going on tomorrow. but i was down 7.4 lbs. so it is a total of 108.6. i am extremely happy. i hope everyone is having as good a week as i am. keep up the good work.
kris- WTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
I got a batch of vanilla RTD like that recently. I think it got too hot during shipping but whatever the reason, it's not normal. I returned mine.
hi lynn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
Hello everyone, it's been great hearing from all of you. My brother surprised me and came over tonight. He decided he would cook me dinner. Unlike me, he just looks in the fridge, starts pulling things out and cooks. It was wonderful so I thought I would share.

He blanched leaf lettuce to use as wraps.
Add raw bell pepper strips for crunch.
Saute'ed the following in WF BBQ:
Asparagus
Broccoli
Mushrooms
Shrimp

Then filled wraps.

When I try to make it again later I'm going to add a little garlic. It was a nice change.
lace- excellent post! thanks for inserting the pic! a little more fun that way

i also would like to encourage all the newbies and any member who hasn't to read the FAQ's, dr. trans ebook and tips for newbies. many, many, many questions are answered there and other information you probably never thought of! a wealth of information and building blocks for success with IP! it will fill in a lot of blanks and keep some of the repetition off the boards. if you have never heard of jordanna, carla or svelting you are missing out! you'll be glad to know the information these and others have compiled for us in these stickies. another suggestion is to open a google page and type in 3FC and whatever topic you are looking for... like maybe google 3FC and big mac in a bowl. it seems to work better than the forum search.

happy day all! keep up the good work!
ronda
rondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:37 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 193/165/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstDietVA View Post
Hi everyone!

I had a concern that I wanted to ask everyone about. I don't see my coach until Friday. Seems lately here I have lost a lot of my appetite. I start to get a little hungry around meal times but after eating a little bit I am full. There have even been a few days where I skipped my evening snack. Should I be concerned?

Hi, I'm going thru the same thing, can't seem to eat at all but am sure that I get my 3 protein packs in. I feel hungry, then after a few bites, that's it, no more hunger! Worries me a little as I don't want to do permanent damage as in "eating disorder!"
calival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:11 AM   #114  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbelle View Post
i feel outstanding. i have gone down 4 top sizes from a 5x to a 1x. i have gone down 3 pant sizes from a 5x to a 2x. but i feel great/excellent/outstanding. one of the teachers who works with me has been doing weightwatchers for 1 and 1/2 years and was just as big as me. but she has only lost 60 some lbs. so i gave her some of my old cloths so she could try on. i have never been able to give someone my old cloths to wear. its a great feeling.
thanks for all your positive comments. i love each and every one of you and your support.
Congratulations!! You are really doing GREAT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calival View Post

Hi, I'm going thru the same thing, can't seem to eat at all but am sure that I get my 3 protein packs in. I feel hungry, then after a few bites, that's it, no more hunger! Worries me a little as I don't want to do permanent damage as in "eating disorder!"
Trust me! It goes away as soon as you drop out of ketosis. It is just a side effect. You don't need as much only because of the process your body is in. When you are ready, the appetite does return. It returns to a nice healthy place. You will never quite get that "I can't get full or feel like I've had enough to eat" or the "I just ate and need to eat again" feeling but, you will have a normal appetite when this is done.

I am 18 months later and 9 months off phase 1, I did return to a normal, not excessive, appetite and I had many days where putting food in my mouth when I didn't want it literally made me gag.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 05-04-2011 at 02:18 AM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:26 AM   #115  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
mary has a point, and since svelting hasn't been around lately to do the caramel nut bar smack down it needed said it's just a reminder to keep the boards a little more organized by topic and for those who find it a problem to read in mouthwatering detail about cheats on the daily thread. of course none of us are perfect, that goes without saying and we are all going to turn here for support when we stumble. that's why we are here... just asking that posts be kept more focused on protocol, than off. there is a thread about cheats..... let it rip over there, then come back for a great on protocol daily thread... ill go see if i can find it and bump.. there is also one called "alcohol", etc. you get the idea.....
Hi Rondar (and all the other commenters on the my post today)

As one of the 'cheaters' on today's posts, I think there were just two posts in total about cheat (that I noticed). One of those comments was mine and it was just brought up in my msg as part of my daily chat, it wasn't specifically about my cheats while on vacation or any mouthwatering details so I didn't think to post in a thread about cheating specifically.

I do get the picture from everyone though now, let me tell you. I am not really feeling encouraged at all today, just beaten down. It's too bad. I came online to say that I'd messed up but that I was back on protocol. I got almost all negative comments over one line of my post (two encouragers and about 8 people who wanted to just blast the 'cheaters' heads off). Wow. It's funny because when I started contributing to the forum I felt very encouraged and helped by everyone's comments (and even thought maybe I was helping out people out too) but today's comments haven't helped but rather alienated me.

Maybe it's my sensitive Canadian side rearing it's head here. I'll come online again but maybe not till I can be perfectly on plan for a while so that I don't get chastized and beaten down again. I have already beaten myself down enough to last a lifetime. Thanks.
sugadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:48 AM   #116  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Lastly, I have three friends who signed up for IP in the last couple of weeks because of the success they've seen me have on the program in the last month since I started it.

I had highly recommended they all come to this site because everyone was so accepting and encouraging. Please think about that before you blast people for cheating.

You don't know how difficult it is for some people (myself included) to be completely honest and to post on sites like this when they already feel profound shame and embarrassment at where they are and what they've done in their lives to get them to such an unhealthy state.

I would hate to see anyone else alienated because they got chastised and got their hand slapped (figuratively) for admitting to cheating on the program. I thought this was a place for encouragement.

I would have really appreciated other people telling me about their victories on the program and encouraging me to stick with staying on protocol as they'd had awesome success by being 100% perfect on plan. Instead I was berated.
sugadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:01 AM   #117  

I hope no one minds my saying anything....

Ladies, those of you who may feel accused of cheating, (I say it that way because I am not making a point to remember who is or isn't exactly on plan), please if possible don't feel attacked or personally criticized and, DEFINITELY, don't turn away.

I will also say, I understand. It isn't easy to do this type of thing all the time and it is very hard to be honest about letting yourself, and possible others, down even if they are just cyber friends that you have shared with. It takes courage to say, I made a mistake and I am going to do better.

Some people do this better than others. Just like real life, some people can be more "perfect" or better disciplined than others. HOWEVER, this is your journey. You need to do this in the way that gets you to your goal and helps you create a lifestyle that you can live indefinitely. Some of us create that more slowly than someone else.

I must say, I did it the perfect way for 9 months. It was hard for me in many ways. I still advocate that for the success you can get and for the greater benefits that can be had in your overall health.

Getting back on plan is very challenging for me. I am doing it and it is hard. And, I drool every time I read about a wonderful treat out there I can't have. Guess what, I will drool as I walk past a cinnabon at the mall too! My commitment should have nothing to do with the words I read, if anything it should help me reinforce my thoughts to stay strong and on plan.

NOW, there are some people that won't see it that way or can't see it that way. Realize, if we put ourselves "out there" it is a public place and we are opening ourselves up to support in all forms. Some will try to say "do better" and discourage us from talking about it as a way of giving us strength from temptations. Others will say, "its ok and you will do better tomorrow just get back on program."

In cyber world, you must be your own filter of the words that come back to you. Choose the words that motivate you and let the others go. You are being given a spectrum of advice to choose from so, choose what works!

In the 18 months I have been with this forum, this comes up all the time. The purist and the alternates, the cheaters, the 100% crowd and, the 100% except when I do a planned cheat. Some things won't change but, that is also good because, for all the occasional angst that is felt, the support that remains is real. It is just differences of opinions and, as with any real life group, you find and listen to the advice of people that resonates with you.

For those reasons, last year we did make the threads for free discussion of the "cheats and off protocol things". A casual passing comment shouldn't upset people but, it seems that it can, will and has so, we have a place to expand on it and still be supported.

For those who are more disciplined, you are right. The best results, and only guaranteed (so to say) results described by IP, come only if you stay to the protocol. That doesn't really work right now for many people and many coaches are giving conflicting information about what the best protocol is 100% by one coach may be far more ridged than another coach requires.

As I see it, the goal of this group isn't to be a second coach or critique (not this time but in the past) but, it is to be cheerleaders, aides, supporters, and references for people trying to achieve on similar protocols.

Maybe we can all find a middle ground where we have both tolerance and support for each other.

Just my two cents.

(I know I have been away for awhile and some of you may wonder why I would be saying something but, discussions like these have effected me in the past, some so much as to avoid this board for awhile because it was distressing to read the words that can be written on these topics. I have watched people leave and others just stop posting or begin to lurk because of the disagreements. I wish this could be a place where people can be who they are, without the judgment and as a place of support. We do NOT have to be condoning of things that are wrong (it does no one any good to be misled about how this program works and works best) but, we don't have to comment on everything so, wouldn't it be better to not comment than to say something that might discourage. If people are seeking attention for bad behavior (thus insincere), that lack of commenting would cause that type of person to go away; I don't think we have anyone like that here. Anyway, that is my background and why I wanted to say something. It is an old issue and a soft spot for me.)

I hope I am not offending anyone who reads this.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 05-04-2011 at 05:48 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:42 AM   #118  

Please continue your conversations, chat, and replies on our Tues, 4 May 2011 thread.

May 4, 2011 daily chat
Old 05-04-2011, 11:21 AM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondre View Post
I too tried the turnip fries and liked them - however - I did find them to be a little mushy. Were yours that way too - if not - how did you prepare them?
I put the cut up turnip in a ziplock bag with the oil and seasonings and coated them. I cooked them at 400 for about 10 min then I switched over to convection for another 10 or so. I find the convection dries them out a bit which makes them "crisp". I cooked some last night only on convection and they were a bit mushy. I hope that helps!
Shawniebear is offline   Reply With Quote