3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Tuesday, 3 May 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/232386-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-3-may-2011-a.html)

Pxlkitty4 05-03-2011 07:10 AM

IP Daily Chat - Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - Monday, 2 May 2011[/QUOTE]

Pxlkitty4 05-03-2011 07:17 AM

I saw some discussion yesterday about folks starting the daily thread and copying in the first post. So, I'll kick it off. Happy Tuesday everyone!

My son's daycare class is hosting an appreciation breakfast for the daycare staff today. I sent fruit and mini frittatas... so much better than all the carbo-junk that was on the sign-up sheet. I simply wrote "OTHER" next to my son's name and we decided to do our own thing.

When I saw one of the daycare teachers last week, she said the funniest thing I think I've heard in terms of a NSV. I haven't seen her in a year, and only bumped into her because I was there early picking up my son, who wasn't feeling well.

She said "Wow. You look terrific! How much weight have you lost?" Later in the conversation, she exclaimed "Brian is one HAPPY man!!!" (Brian is my DH). There were several other people there, and we all laughed hysterically...

darbs7 05-03-2011 07:58 AM

Good morning everyone....I hope everyone has a perfect day....I am currently 2 pounds from my original goal and hope to be there by the weekend!

I have reset the goal to 14 pounds lower...but hitting the goal I have had set for so many months is awesome.

I am committed to being perfect and hitting 156. I hope to be there by the second week in June...on June 13th...I will have been on IP for 9 full months (around 40 weeks)....I could have had a baby...thank goodness I didn't my only daughter will turn 22 this year.

So here is to 156 by June 13th and phasing off for good.

Stay strong everyone...this diet GAVE ME MY LIFE AT 40!

Pxlkitty4 05-03-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darbs7 (Post 3833849)
Good morning everyone....I hope everyone has a perfect day....I am currently 2 pounds from my original goal and hope to be there by the weekend!

I have reset the goal to 14 pounds lower...but hitting the goal I have had set for so many months is awesome.

I am committed to being perfect and hitting 156. I hope to be there by the second week in June...on June 13th...I will have been on IP for 9 full months (around 40 weeks)....I could have had a baby...thank goodness I didn't my only daughter will turn 22 this year.

Darbs -- you have truly been an inspiration to me... I've seen you live this program, not just do the diet. I've seen you pick yourself up and dust yourself off and KEEP going. It's really amazing. I wish you all the best on the final trek to GOAL...

My goal is one pound different from yours and we are about the same height. I hope to hit goal sometime in the second or third week of June. I plan to buy a bathing suit in a color other than black.

I agree that this diet has given me my life (at 39 for me)... I've learned so much about myself, my food addictions, how we plan all social events around food.

I now look forward to spending time with friends or my DH, and I'm not constantly thinking about "where can we go to eat?", "what can I make for them?"... I truly believe that I am now focused more on what is really important to me and not on comforting others with food.

locks 05-03-2011 09:03 AM

Has anyone had a stall in weightloss when they were on antibiotics? I got a bad sinus infection, and after 10 days Dr put me on antibiotics, he also told me to tone down the exercise a bit to let my body heal. So cut my exercise in half but I see this week the scale doesnt move. Thats the first time since IP that this is happened.

Wonder if its just my body fighting the infection, I havent cheated, water intake is even more. Have had tons of energy, and not very hungry but got all veggies in like normal. Or maybe its just my plateau?

BROWNEYES47 05-03-2011 09:04 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! Life is good and I'm feeling wonderful this morning! Ijust weighed (I, too, must weigh each and every morning--it's a curse) but have lost nothing in the past couple of days (probably due to being so constipated). Today I am concentrating on a couple of things that I think might improve the weight loss that I'd like to share:

1. Drink more than 64 oz of water!
2. Get in ALL of that sea salt--even if I have to drink it at the end of the day.
3. Get in all that oil
4. Be happy not to have gained any weight!

I hope everyone has a wonderfu day!

Susie_Bee 05-03-2011 09:17 AM

Happy Tuesday everyone! (I need a teacup smiley!)

I was so deflated yesterday. Not feeling well (fever and headache again), hungry in the afternoon and just plain fed up. I stuck to my guns though and did not give up.

Well, what a difference a day makes!!!

A young babysitter that I contacted came over to our house last night and is very interested in watching my kids so that I can go back to tap classes for the spring session (starting next week, twice a week, for 6 weeks)!!! I am so excited about that!

Then, today, I put on a nice, black, form-fitting shirt dress that I found way in the back of my closet. I paired it with tight slinky high-heeled boots and put a colourful (dark green) camisole underneath and oh boy! I have been the talk of the office this morning! Everyone is full of (positive) comments. I caught a glimpse of myself in a window and I can't describe the joy that I felt inside! I am starting to see the changes in me and I am now feeling much more motivated to continue.

I am also taking some of the advice that I received from some of you yesterday regarding my 4 p.m. hunger (this is not the first time that someone has suggested that I may be hypoglycemic or having hypoglycemic types of reactions... maybe it is worth looking into).

Today, my day will look like this:

B~ Lemon bar (restricted) and white tea with orange;
L~ IP Broccoli Cheese soup (I got it yesterday to try), salad (mixed greens, cucumber, green onion, green pepper) with homemade olive oil/apple cider vinegar dressing;
S~ Only if needed: vanilla RTD drink box (and maybe a coffee) at 4 p.m. - I also brought some hard-boiled eggs that I could try instead of the RTD at 4 p.m. depending on how I feel and how things are going;
D~ Whatever meat my husband defrosts (or trout if he forgets) and veggies of some kind (asparagus? broccoli? zuchini?)
S~ If no RTD taken as a snack earlier or if needed: chocolate RTD drink box

Thank you for being there!

Wishing everyone a wonderful OP day!

:dust:

sherbearjt08 05-03-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 (Post 3833862)
Darbs -- you have truly been an inspiration to me... I've seen you live this program, not just do the diet. I've seen you pick yourself up and dust yourself off and KEEP going. It's really amazing. I wish you all the best on the final trek to GOAL...

My goal is one pound different from yours and we are about the same height. I hope to hit goal sometime in the second or third week of June. I plan to buy a bathing suit in a color other than black.

I agree that this diet has given me my life (at 39 for me)... I've learned so much about myself, my food addictions, how we plan all social events around food.

Pxlkitty4 - you and I started at about the same place and are on the way to about the same goal. Darbs - I have read a ton of your posts and I look at where you both have been and know I can make it too.

My husband is already surprised I've made it to day 9 and I didn't tell him I lost weight last week. (He's lost 10 pounds without doing anything - AHHH)

I really like not having to count calories and points and match foods. This is so easy. I worry about losing my hair but nothing so far. I do track what I eat on myfitnesspal.com just to keep myself in check, but so far I feel awesome!!!

Pxlkitty4 05-03-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherbearjt08 (Post 3833978)
Pxlkitty4 - you and I started at about the same place and are on the way to about the same goal. Darbs - I have read a ton of your posts and I look at where you both have been and know I can make it too.

My husband is already surprised I've made it to day 9 and I didn't tell him I lost weight last week. (He's lost 10 pounds without doing anything - AHHH)

I really like not having to count calories and points and match foods. This is so easy. I worry about losing my hair but nothing so far. I do track what I eat on myfitnesspal.com just to keep myself in check, but so far I feel awesome!!!

IP is an awesome journey. Glad to be on it with you...

My husband can eat 5,000 calories a day and still lose weight, so I know exactly what you mean. It's really quite unfair. He's now down to a 31 inch waist... I feed him my dinner plus some healthy carbs each night. Although, he gets heartburn from carbs sometimes and so has really been eating the same as me for dinner.

I think you are smart to track your food in the beginning. It's all become a habit for me now, so I don't track anymore. If I see the scale movement starting to slow down, I do plan to recommit to everything, write things down, measure things out, etc. But, for now, so far so good!

traeh1314 05-03-2011 10:02 AM

Morning. I am paying for my Sunday night slip up. I was up 2 pounds today!!! UGHHHH! This is the first time the scale has gone the wrong way. No more cheats until my May 27th party. I WILL make my 30# goal by then. I am mad at myself for the set back!

rjslilmommie 05-03-2011 10:34 AM

I missed yesterdays post, I was under the weather I have my next weigh in tomorrow and I have been so good not weighing every day, I will weigh at home just before going since their scale is off 2-3 lbs, I hope for a bigger number as well.

NSV: My husband said he is going to need to get me new cloths soon, all my tank tops that were snug, are getting loose :)

mamabearone 05-03-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locks (Post 3833933)
Has anyone had a stall in weightloss when they were on antibiotics? I got a bad sinus infection, and after 10 days Dr put me on antibiotics, he also told me to tone down the exercise a bit to let my body heal. So cut my exercise in half but I see this week the scale doesnt move. Thats the first time since IP that this is happened.

Wonder if its just my body fighting the infection, I havent cheated, water intake is even more. Have had tons of energy, and not very hungry but got all veggies in like normal. Or maybe its just my plateau?

I did have the same issue with antibiotics. The week I was on them I only lost .6 lb. Even though I was pretty sure it was from the antibiotics, it was a little depressing. The following week I lost 4.5 so hang in there and your hard work will catch up!

locks 05-03-2011 10:50 AM

Thanks mama, maybe I will get measured lol I just measure once a month that will make me happy! Someone at the gym this morning said wow in a week they saw a difference, so who knows. I have become a scale whore LOL....but I figure if I am, then I will see it go up and that will keep me inline later on. Before I hated the scale and didnt want to know how much I weighed.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 05-03-2011 10:52 AM

NSVs to start the mornings makes me feel great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by darbs7 (Post 3833849)

congrats that is great, I bet you can't wait. Don't we all look forward to the maintenance phase... good thing we are little kids that say I am going to hold my breath until I get there. (9 months and how many newborn lbs have you lost?) I love watching your progress very impressive.:hug:

Good morning all, today is a great morning. I got a NSV this morning.

One of the security guards where I work came up to me this morning and said to me I saw you yestereday walking around and you look great. She said I look so different now and congratulated me and asked me how I did it so I told her. She is a tiny thing so she doesn't have to worry, but she was very nice and couldn't believe the change in me. Then one of the bosses called me skinny today as he hadn't seen me in about 3 weeks. It is kind of weird to be noticed now... but nice. even though one of the ladies I work with keeps saying I am going to lose my boobies and be like her 32 b cup... she makes me laugh.
Also in the mirror this week - My face is longer? how did that happen? Some ladies in my other office commented about the longer face too as well as comment that I couldn't make cinnamon rolls anymore for them. I said what of course I can still make the cinnamon rolls I just can't eat them. (which to tell you the truth, I like them but I can live without them.) and of course the only way to eat them is with lots of butter on them as they are cooling down.

Hope everyone has an encouraging day, and accept the small victories for what they are... they are VICTORIES! yahhhhh :hug::hug::hug:

mamarix1 05-03-2011 10:56 AM

May challenge

I've asked in the experienced thread if someone would make up a spreadsheet and start a May challenge thread.
Hopefully someone will do it. I'll have to see if I can find out where to start so I don't have to rely on someone else when I need something.
Thanks,
Mary