Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
I feel a cold coming on. Any suggestions or idea's of things I can.
I swear by the Neti pot. Or rather the squirter version. The saline rinse does wonders for the sinuses and nose. It cleans out any germs in there that can cause worse problems. Also, if you have to take cold medicine, I know some brands make sugar-free liquid versions for diabetics. I don't know any of the specifics, but it might be worth checking out.

I hope you feel better soon!
Old 04-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #47  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!!! I hope it does not turn into a full blown cold!
Old 04-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMM Girl View Post
I'm reposting this cause I'm working nightshift so it was a very late post at the end of the weekend thread......I have a question for the Canadians on here.......My sister and I are both on IP and my dad hearing the results we are having wants to join (and needs to very badly) The problem he's in Cape Breton Nova Scotia and I've been looking online and cant find a center there....I know he could order/we could send him the products but I think he really needs the accountability factor......does anyone know of a place in Cape Breton that does the program.
I looked online for my sister and I couldn't find a place...I am from CB, too!! My husband and I now live near Winnipeg.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

I have another quick question, if y'all don't mind. The oz for the meat and the cups for the veggies, are these pre-cooked measurements or post-cooked measurements? I'm asking because there is a world of difference between a 1cup of raw spinach and a cup of cooked spinach. Also, I'm going to try a version of the Big Mac Bowl and need to know if I should measure my portion before I cook it or if I can dip my portion from the rest after it's cooked.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #50  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I hear you, a lady at work keeps saying my boobs are getting smaller... I can really tell with my sports bras I will have to break down and buy new ones. I just hate spending money until I am close to my goal, but as of right now they are not much support...
congratulations you are so close you can taste it.
LoL yes I had to go shopping for some new ones too. I get the not wanting spend money part, but I guess I will take it versus spending money later on in life for diabetes treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Congrats on your weight loss!!! Almost at the 50 mark....Woot woot!!!! That's awesome!! Can't wait to be there!! Had WI#6 today....down 2. I'm kinda bummin.......was hoping for more....but I'll take it! I think you're right about losing from the top down!! That's how I lose it too! LOL!!

Good luck to everyone!! Have a great day!!!
Hey any loss is a loss!! And a successful week in my opinion!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmisan View Post
Congratulations on your amazing progress!

Just wanted to comment that I seem to also be losing from the top first....unfortunately, since my boobs were the only thing I wanted to keep haha. My coach said that it's typical to lose from the top/bottom - inwards...in other words, thighs/belly last. I'm certainly more pear-shaped than usual, but have faith that it will come off in time.

Reading this thread ever day keeps my inspired and my mind on the end-goal! Thanks to everyone for that
I know!!!! The boobs were the last thing I wanted to lose!! Oh well.

Oh and reading the daily thread is now part of my daily constitutional!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabearone View Post
Your post made me smile! So many people say to me I can see you lost weight because of your face. Gee - just the last place I really cared about! lol But, yes, losing from the top first. My coach said its not all from the front. haha not all but I'm gonna have to go bra shopping soon.

50#!! that is fantastic! You give me inspiration.
yeah I know. "you can really tell you have lost weight in your face" My face!!! What about my fat A$$ that every notices first!!! Ugh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindacraig63 View Post
Funny you mention this because I've been curious about why the fat is coming off in one place but not others. When I asked my Doctor, he said it's because it's random as to where your body will tap into your fat reserves. In the past I've been told you will lose fat in the reverse order you gained it. So if you gained in your face last, that's where you'd lose it first. I'm not sure where that theory came from but it sure doesn't apply to this diet! I too am losing inches in my boobs and waist mostly, none off the hips yet. And I thought that's where most of my fat is! I'm not complaining though and I see you're not either. Fat loss will come all over eventually so hang in there!
Huh. I never felt like I gained weight in my face but could really see it in lower body. Weird how our bodies react and process stuff!! I guess it my be a good thing, or my backside would be HUGE!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
I have another quick question, if y'all don't mind. The oz for the meat and the cups for the veggies, are these pre-cooked measurements or post-cooked measurements? I'm asking because there is a world of difference between a 1cup of raw spinach and a cup of cooked spinach. Also, I'm going to try a version of the Big Mac Bowl and need to know if I should measure my portion before I cook it or if I can dip my portion from the rest after it's cooked.
The measurements are precooked!! Which is a relief for the veggies. I can't imagine how much raw spinach it would take to make 4 cups cooked!

I know some people measure the meet after it's been cooked, but I've been told that all measurements are supposed to all be precooked.

Last edited by Treena; 04-05-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 320/396/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMM Girl View Post
I'm reposting this cause I'm working nightshift so it was a very late post at the end of the weekend thread......I have a question for the Canadians on here.......My sister and I are both on IP and my dad hearing the results we are having wants to join (and needs to very badly) The problem he's in Cape Breton Nova Scotia and I've been looking online and cant find a center there....I know he could order/we could send him the products but I think he really needs the accountability factor......does anyone know of a place in Cape Breton that does the program.
There aren't any centers back home as of yet, Not alot of people have even heard of it, but im sure soon enough there will be one.

You could always purchase the food for him and ship it.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Ok, back from WI #9.. lost 3.8 lbs and about 4 inches!! 2 and a quarter were off my waist, the doctor had to remeasure because he said, either, I'm wrong or you lost a lot of inches... I said, "Of course the latter" and I was right. Also like a half an inch off my thigh.. Woo Hoo, this is just what I needed to keep going.
Just thought I would share my good news.. Everyone is doing awesome, keep up the good work. I have a quote from my sister in law, but here it is...

Courage to start, strength to endure, resolve to finish..
(I am somewhere in between the 2nd and 3rd parts of this..)
Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-05-2011, 02:34 PM   #54  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffive View Post
Ok, back from WI #9.. lost 3.8 lbs and about 4 inches!! 2 and a quarter were off my waist, the doctor had to remeasure because he said, either, I'm wrong or you lost a lot of inches... I said, "Of course the latter" and I was right. Also like a half an inch off my thigh.. Woo Hoo, this is just what I needed to keep going.
Just thought I would share my good news.. Everyone is doing awesome, keep up the good work. I have a quote from my sister in law, but here it is...

Great JOB! Way to go! Keep it up.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffive View Post

Hooray!! Great job! And thanks for the quote.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #56  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Sugadiva - My thoughts are with you. I can't imagine how tough a time it is rightnow for you, and I hope you find strength you didn't even know you had. I'd always been a stress eater as well. What about non-food things to pick you up? A pedicure? Massage?

Juiceman - you're having an awesome journey, and don't let that stupid BMI wheel discourage you or knock you off your motivation. You're doing great, and you will know and feel when you're at your healthiest!

As for me, I had to go in yesterday because I was pretty sick. Really bad sinus infection, chest congestion, and the beginning of a double ear infection. The doctor gave me a steroid shot and antibiotic. I really hope it doesn't make me retain water and mess with my weight loss. But I feel 1000% better, so I think it was worth not getting a nasty ear infection.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

As for me, I had to go in yesterday because I was pretty sick. Really bad sinus infection, chest congestion, and the beginning of a double ear infection. The doctor gave me a steroid shot and antibiotic. I really hope it doesn't make me retain water and mess with my weight loss. But I feel 1000% better, so I think it was worth not getting a nasty ear infection.

Cajun,
Dang - you were sick! Glad you are feeling better!! I have had steroid shots in the past and they messed with my weight a little bit. Don't get discouraged if that happens, I know it's irritating, but it will pass if it does affect you.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #58  

Tate, thank you for the eloquent advice - really touched my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Orchid View Post
Good morning fellow IPers! I am feeling great and am excited to go for a walk later. The snow is melting and is close to being gone which means I am living in a muddy, soupy mess! At least it isn't cold so I can take my boy out and about for walks..
Finally, hey!!!! Last year, the snow was gone in February here. It's been a crazy year, causing a lot of us to go stircrazy.

Having a hard time with TOM and keeping my patience in check with my 4- and 2- year old girls. I would normally turn to food at this point, but I am trying to send myself some love, as Tate explained.

Does anyone know if it's is the end of the world if you have more than the stated 4-cups of non-restricted veggies? I'm really feeling the edamame calling me today (better than an off-IP food, though)
Old 04-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #59  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

My mom said the cutest thing the other day when she was complementing me on my weight loss. She said it's like unwrapping a Christmas present that has lots and lots of layers of wrapping. She can't wait to see what I look like when all the layers come off! Thought that was so sweet and a neat way to think about it. Each 10-20 pounds or so I do look quite different. Especially with changing clothes! Speaking of Christmas, I can't wait till this Christmas when I will be a whole new (much smaller!) me!!! So excited!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #60  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
My mom said the cutest thing the other day when she was complementing me on my weight loss. She said it's like unwrapping a Christmas present that has lots and lots of layers of wrapping. She can't wait to see what I look like when all the layers come off! Thought that was so sweet and a neat way to think about it. Each 10-20 pounds or so I do look quite different. Especially with changing clothes! Speaking of Christmas, I can't wait till this Christmas when I will be a whole new (much smaller!) me!!! So excited!
I love what your mom said... it is so funny that people say you look different. I have friends that say the same thing but I look in the mirror and still see me...
Closed Thread