3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #61

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
The measurements are precooked!! Which is a relief for the veggies. I can't imagine how much raw spinach it would take to make 4 cups cooked!

I know some people measure the meet after it's been cooked, but I've been told that all measurements are supposed to all be precooked.
Excellent! Thank you, Treena! I know it will especially be a relief for the hubs! He's not doing IP, but he has basically what I have for dinner and takes leftovers for lunch. He's still getting used to all the veggies.

He's being really good, though. We de-carbed the house, with the exception of his sticky rice (yuck!) and English Muffins (double yuck!). But with as much as he does at work, he's in construction, it's okay to have those carbs. About 5 months ago he switched over to turkey rather than pork bacon and sausage. And he eats egg whites too. I figure having the same as me for dinner and lunch the next day can only help him. We're trying the burger in a bowl tonight. He's so excited! But not as much as me!!

Sorry to ramble on, I'm just so happy to communicate with other people! I am unemployed and go to school online. Hubs has the only working car, so I pretty much only go out on the weekends. This forum has been a Godsend!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #62

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Cholesterol

I got my blood results back today. My cholesterol in Jan. before I started IP was 250. Today I am at 173!
Guess I'll be around for an extra 20 years!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #63

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
We're trying the burger in a bowl tonight. He's so excited! But not as much as me!!

Sorry to ramble on, I'm just so happy to communicate with other people! I am unemployed and go to school online. Hubs has the only working car, so I pretty much only go out on the weekends. This forum has been a Godsend!
I'll be trying thr big mac in a bowl tomorrow night for the first time, and I'm excited too! I haven't heard anyone say so far that they haven't liked it.

I'm glad everyone here has been helpful to you! I find it to be a great support group, too. The IP forum definitely keeps me going. It's a great place to learn, to vent, and to celebrate "losses"!

Good luck and best wishes!!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #64

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
I got my blood results back today. My cholesterol in Jan. before I started IP was 250. Today I am at 173!
That's amazing!! I was borderline high and I had actually been wondering if the diet would bring it down. I guess it will! Congrats!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #65
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Wink great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
That is great news...

progress pics updated Dec 8
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-new-post.html
Old 04-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #66
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabearone View Post
You know your body and how you feel better than the Dr. I would go with what you want. Of course we all want to live the longest, but we also have to be happy and comfortable!

Also, don't know if you saw my email yesterday so thought I'd throw in on here again:

[email protected]

Thank you!

Yes I got it yesterday. I just have not had time to respond. I am sorry. I did notice though that you can now get PM's I may send you one so you can experience that. You must have hit your 30 days today! Yesterday it was not an option for you.

One for each 5lbs lost for good!

WI 1: -9.6, WI 2: -8.2, WI 3: -9.4, WI 4: -1.2, WI 5: -4.2, WI 6: -6.0, WI 7: -3.8,
WI 8: -9.8, WI 9: -2.8, WI 10: -4.2, WI 11: -1.0, WI 12: -5.0, WI 13: -3.6, WI 14: -1.0, WI 15: -6, WI 16: -4.2

Final WI 6-30-11 192.6#, a total loss of 97#'s doing IP. 104# total!

Following IP protocol with alternate products.

Progress Pics.....updated 30JUN11!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #67

Default Spring Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Happy Tuesday

I have a question??? How is everyone doing with the April/speedo challenge? are you doing anything different? restricting your restricted items? I will know this Friday as I started week 8 on Friday April 1 and so I can basically be right on for the April challenge. Good luck everyone, and I am curious to know what if anything we are doing different?
I am trying to avoid boot camp for this challenge, I seem to lose more with the restricted, as crazy as that sounds. We'll see tomorrow! How are you doing? Make sure you put your numbers on the chart so we can all see!
Mary
Old 04-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelmalou72 View Post
Is this tips for newbies doing IP? I can't find the thread you're talking about, but I'd love to see it.

Also, this is my first morning on IP. I made the mistake of having breakfast (a shake) way too early, and now I'm dying for lunch. As far as unlimited lettuce goes, am I allowed to have it any time of day, or does it have to be at lunchtime with my second packet and my veggies?

One more question....where is this Big Mac in a bowl I keep hearing about?

Thanks!
When I started, I spread my lunch veggies out throughout the morning so that I could keep munching. Celery is your friend. I put the sea salt on it.
zip lock some sliced peppers, raw kohlrabi, cucumber, radishes, and don't forget the slightly steamed cauliflower, & asparagus, and brocolli with some juice out of the pickled jalapeno jar. Chew slowly and taste what you are eating. That was my biggest problem, slowing down and not just shoveling it in without tasting my food. If I never eat brocolli again it will be too soon.....
Old 04-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #69
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
I have another quick question, if y'all don't mind. The oz for the meat and the cups for the veggies, are these pre-cooked measurements or post-cooked measurements? I'm asking because there is a world of difference between a 1cup of raw spinach and a cup of cooked spinach. Also, I'm going to try a version of the Big Mac Bowl and need to know if I should measure my portion before I cook it or if I can dip my portion from the rest after it's cooked.
I measured my veggies before I cooked them. I weighed my meat before I cooked it. Do you have a coach? When I ate out I ask how many ounces were in a serving of meat. I also ask a lot of other questions when I ate out. I never had a waitress to act like my questions or requests were a problem. When I cooked stir fry I cooked my measured veg. in a 10' skillet and cooked my husband's desired amount in another 10' skillet at the same time. I had to wash 2 skillets, but I knew I was eating exactly what I was suppose to. It takes a little while to get the hang of this. Don't make it any harder than it is and don't let the plan stress you out. Stress keeps you from loosing. The plan is not hard, just a new way to eat for all of us. What I just typed might not apply to you, but maybe another newie can use the info.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:12 PM   #70

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
I'll be trying thr big mac in a bowl tomorrow night for the first time, and I'm excited too! I haven't heard anyone say so far that they haven't liked it.

I'm glad everyone here has been helpful to you! I find it to be a great support group, too. The IP forum definitely keeps me going. It's a great place to learn, to vent, and to celebrate "losses"!

Good luck and best wishes!!
Thank you! I hope you like the Big Mac. I'm not overly fond of Thousand Island dressing, so I thought I would top mine with hot mustard and mushrooms and maybe some onions. YUM!

Best wishes to you as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
I measured my veggies before I cooked them. I weighed my meat before I cooked it. Do you have a coach? When I ate out I ask how many ounces were in a serving of meat. I also ask a lot of other questions when I ate out. I never had a waitress to act like my questions or requests were a problem. When I cooked stir fry I cooked my measured veg. in a 10' skillet and cooked my husband's desired amount in another 10' skillet at the same time. I had to wash 2 skillets, but I knew I was eating exactly what I was suppose to. It takes a little while to get the hang of this. Don't make it any harder than it is and don't let the plan stress you out. Stress keeps you from loosing. The plan is not hard, just a new way to eat for all of us. What I just typed might not apply to you, but maybe another newie can use the info.
Oh, this definitely applies to us! Excellent idea about the pans!

I don't really have a coach. I mean, they weigh and measure you, but it's from a health store, not a clinic. I have PCOS and Insulin Resistance, so I go to my doctor regularly anyway. I usually take shots of medicine (not insulin) everyday, but she said I could stop those because of the diet. I still have a ton of pills to take, but not giving myself a shot in the stomach with medicine my insurance won't cover is a big relief!

I know it's improbable that I have already lost anything yet (dang scale won't weigh me, I'm too heavy!), but I just FEEL better today. I somehow feel lighter and my skin feels smoother.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #71
Started IP 2/15/11

S/C/G: 328/265/180

Height: 5' 9.5"

Haven't posted in a few days, but have been reading. I tried the "Focaccia Bread" recipe. Wow!! It's too good, as in I want to eat way more than I should.

I keep seeing the April/ Speedo challenge reference. What is that about? I set a personal goal for 20 pounds in April. Since my coach was out of town last week, I think I slid a little, even though by my scale I was down 3 pounds.

Friends were in from out of town, so I went to dinner last Thursday night with them. Ordered a steak salad that came with caramelized (gasp) onions and bleu cheese. I tried to pick out the cheese, 'cause it tasted too rich. But the onions did throw off my loss a little. But I also don't want to feel like I can't be social. I would build up so much resentment that I might just quit altogether. My coach is on board with that. She said that as long as I head for protein and avoid carbs, she's happy with that approach. So I guess I am quite blessed in my coaching.

My goal is to be down 75 pounds by June 15, when I have a special event.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day...
Old 04-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #72
Started IP 04/02/11

S/C/G: 178/166/135

Height: 5' 0

Hola!

Fly by post....day 4 and I am starving! What's up with that? I have been drinking way more water than required but have still been super hungry today. At least the headaches are finally gone.

Hope everyone is having a super fabulous 100% on plan day!

CIAO
Old 04-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #73

S/C/G: 323/288/230

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
I know it's improbable that I have already lost anything yet (dang scale won't weigh me, I'm too heavy!), but I just FEEL better today. I somehow feel lighter and my skin feels smoother.
You may be surprised at what you may have lost already - the first week is almost always big for everyone - typically because of the lost water weight as well. Awesome that you feel better - that's probably the biggest thing I've noticed from this diet. It's amazing how crappy food will bring you down and how eating right will give you energy to do stuff you previously wouldn't want to do. Keep it up!!!

Posting dancing carrot for each 5lbs. lost - I believe he's dancing because I can't eat him on a regular basis during phase 1 lol.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #74

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

About email addresses

If you look at the bottom of this page you will see this "If you include your email address in a post, you WILL receive spam or other unmentionables from strangers. Please use the PM system to communicate with other members. Protect your privacy and safety."

Just so you all are aware!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #75
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissbutterflyz View Post
Hola!

Fly by post....day 4 and I am starving! What's up with that?
I was starving the whole first week. Breaking up my veggies and having some in the afternoon between lunch and supper helped some, but I was still pretty hungry. Since then, I've been alot better. Hope the hunger gets less and less.
Closed Thread